Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:56 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (71486 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2010
nateevs:

Easy guys . . .

I called it lucky because they had a man sent off and Tevez was injured as at 40 mins. With Djorou and Clichy in defence against a fit Tevez, it would have been a different game. I watched when Tevez single handedly closed down 3 Arsenal defenders and won the ball. With Tevez in the side, Djorou may have been sent off for a second yellow and that changes everything else.

With Vermaelen and RVP playing it might have been a different game as well. . .conjecture works both ways. While Djourou struggled initially, his composure improved drastically as the game went on so it could be argued that Tevez' impact would've been limited.

Only Denilson's pointless tackle on Tevez (in Citeh's half) produced a yellow, so there's little reason to think JD would've been sent off in the second half with Tevez on the pitch - Arsenal were clearly far more disciplined in their tackles.

Taking off Barry and bringing in Adam Johnson alongside Yaya, Jong, Milner in midfield may have been too much power to contend with. David Silva could not harm much because he had to come back to midfield and Ade had to be offside all the time to remind us he was playing. . as usual.

That's no luck - Mancini made his judgement call regarding what he thought would work. . . .and it didn't. We could also argue that taking Barry off could've freed up Cesc and Nasri to do more damage to Citeh's defence.

What I am saying is you should consider yourselves lucky as the red card and injury to Tevez presented an easier game to you. I honestly don't mean anything cynical this time around. I am only saying if this happened to Chelsea, I will consider ourselves very lucky as it's easier to win against 10 men and a potent striker injured . . .

Granted the game was 'easier', but there was little/no luck involved. Cesc played an undefendable through ball (not for the first time) against 11 men and Citeh couldn't deal with it. That's not luck, that is being better than your opponent.

If Boyata was sent off for slapping someone or if the referee made a wrong decision then you can call it luck. There are countless games in which a team has played better with 10 men, or with their 'potent striker' out of it - Citeh were simply not good enough on the day.

What would you call a game against Chelsea where Terry gets sent off in 4mins, Drogba gets injured on 40 and you go on to win 3-0?

An overdue spanking. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2010
hen na see pages of gibberish essay tongue tongue tongue

had they won us with their 10 men, we wont hear ourselves.

haba its not by fox to post na. grin

last time i checked thread's title is : Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only

we won who nor like am go hug transformer  grin grin

nateevs:

What would you call a game against Chelsea where Terry gets sent off in 4mins, Drogba gets injured on 40 and you go on to win 3-0?

debosky:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2010
@Debosky, and may that day come quick, dear Lord. I still remember when playin Chelsea was like playing Everton. *order must return to London*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 1:34pm On Oct 25, 2010
Cesc Fabregas: 'Even if they were 15 and we were 11 we would still have gone on and won'

A little bit OTT, but I believe he knows wtf he's talking about. I'd advise ppl to watch that match without the tension and see what I mean when I say it was a can of whop ass. We were passing at a walking pace at a point in time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2010

This, I must confess, is absolutely hilarious. I din't know you guys have been hurting so bad.

To the other points, having Vermaleen and Kol whatever playing is what "could have been" . . very different from losing a player that was already on the pitch for 40 mins. 

Also, I mentioned taking off Barry with regards to having 11 men not 10. Yes, Cesc's passes were commendable but it's not all about being better. . . a large part of it was being easier to make the pass as they had a midfielder in defence, and fewer mid-fielders to provide cover both of which were factors that allowed Nasri walk in on the first goal.

Taking out Yaya from the midfield (and remember not tactical error, but forced) to bring in Bridge for a 4-man defence in the second half meant they had less men in midfield and you eventually would have scored. I was quite surprised you didn't score earlier.

So with less attacking threats and a man less in midfield, you had it easy and that result should not be mistaken as some sort of tactical superiority.

It's pure luck.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2010
nateevs:

This, I must confess, is absolutely hilarious. I din't know you guys have been hurting so bad.

Hurting? Nah, there's no other definition for a 3-0 defeat in my dictionary. grin

To the other points, having Vermaleen and Kol whatever playing is what "could have been" . . very different from losing a player that was already on the pitch for 40 mins. 

Accepted. . . .the fact is, Silva was the most dangerous Citeh player on the pitch and he showed it. Tevez was not the main threat IMO.

Also, I mentioned taking off Barry with regards to having 11 men not 10. Yes, Cesc's passes were commendable but it's not all about being better. . . a large part of it was being easier to make the pass as they had a midfielder in defence, and fewer mid-fielders to provide cover both of which were factors that allowed Nasri walk in on the first goal.

I disagree completely. . . .Barry made an ELEMENTARY mistake, for a DM and not as a defender. You don't follow the ball, you follow the player. . . .that is a basic rule. Fewer players had little/nothing to do with it. If Yaya T, Boateng, Kompany and Barry cannot stop AA23 and Nasri from playing a 1-2 in the box, an extra defender would make no difference.

Taking out Yaya from the midfield (and remember not tactical error, but forced) to bring in Bridge for a 4-man defence in the second half meant they had less men in midfield and you eventually would have scored. I was quite surprised you didn't score earlier.

Bringing in Bridge was a tactical error - he didn't add anything to Citeh. He should've brought in Lescott instead to reinforce the CB positions, but Mancini clearly didn't trust him. Boateng isn't a CB, so why move him there? Was Arsenal threatening them with crosses? Mancini continuously shuffled who was playing at CB, and that was a tactical error of epic proportions.

Besides, with Yaya T on the pitch, we could've gone 2-0 up if Cesc scored his penalty, so again not really relevant.

So with less attacking threats and a man less in midfield, you had it easy and that result should not be mistaken as some sort of tactical superiority.

It's pure luck.

Less attacking threats my foot. . , Citeh had Silva, Adebayor and Balotelli. Tell me their combined value and explain how that can be described as not having attacking threats.

They lacked a man yes, but purely due to their own errors, which we forced them into making. When you force your opponents into making mistakes, that means you are better. SIMPLE.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2010
Nateevs is taking the piss out of himself. . .

I called it lucky because they had a man sent off and Tevez was injured as at 40 mins.

This is a load of bull. . . The RULES of the game clearly state if the last defender commits a foul which prevents a goal scoring opportunity, he SHOULD be sent off. . . Just as the rules also state if the ball goes beyond the goal line, you are awarded a goal. Calling Boyata's DESERVED red card "luck" is just as ridiculous as calling any goal a team score "luck", utterly absurd!

As for Tevez, City should be happy they got a full half out of him. . . RVP didnt even kick a ball, as did Vermaelen, Koscielny, Diaby, Wilshere, Ramsey, Kolo, Kolarov, etc. If you ask me, City had less injury problems, so what are you on about?

City were comprehensively beaten by the better side, end of
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2010
Alex Song: 78 passes
Entire City Midfield: 76 passes

INTENSE SERIOUS A$$ WHOOPING!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2010

LUCK!!! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 5:37pm On Oct 25, 2010
slimshay:

INTENSE SERIOUS A$$ WHOOPING!!!

ritchboy:

LUCK!!! grin grin grin

Did you count how many passes you made when we massacred you in SB and the cumulative 5-0 win last season?
Oh! it didn't matter then. . . Or did it?

Arsenal fans make arguments of convenience.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2010
oh dear. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2010
ritchboy:

Nateevs is taking the piss out of himself. . .

This is a load of bull. . . The RULES of the game clearly state if the last defender commits a foul which prevents a goal scoring opportunity, he SHOULD be sent off. . . Just as the rules also state if the ball goes beyond the goal line, you are awarded a goal. Calling Boyata's DESERVED red card "luck" is just as ridiculous as calling any goal a team score "luck", utterly absurd!

As for Tevez, City should be happy they got a full half out of him. . . RVP didnt even kick a ball, as did Vermaelen, Koscielny, Diaby, Wilshere, Ramsey, Kolo, Kolarov, etc. If you ask me, City had less injury problems, so what are you on about?

City were comprehensively beaten by the better side, end of

Why do you argue like this. . ? Even Debo agrees with my assertion and he doesn't support Bolton.
RVP, Vermaleen, Diaby are players that could have played. . . Nothing was going to make them play.
Tevez was on the pitch and scheduled to play for the 90. .  Is there not a difference ?

Also it's not about what the rules of the game say. It's what happens in the game.
A rule in the game states that if the ball crosses the line, a goal is awarded . . but that doesn't mean Westbrom were not lucky to get a draw against ManU. . . . Is there not a difference?

If you guys had a player sent off in the 4 minute and City went on to beat you 3-0. . . Slimshay will be here saying we would have beaten them with 11. . Hence they were lucky.

You cannot beat that City side 3-0 with 11 men playing on either side for 90 mins. . This is not Chelsea whopping Arsenal for heaven's sake. . .  grin

It always feel good throwing that line in. . Always!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by olodo(m): 6:16pm On Oct 25, 2010
Hehe he! Somebody please tell all this agbero to leave us alone to enjoy our victory dance in peace. @nateev. Now its pure luck becos we won. If we had lost it would had been HOW MARKET? Abi? Or if adebayo managed to get on d score sheet d likes of dayokanu would have referd to us as Fc. Adebayo. If u haters cant deal with d fact that arsenal wop citeh u should all jump infront of a moving train. We wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:18pm On Oct 25, 2010
Has Adebayor scored 13 goals in 13 games vs Arsenal?

You are still FC Drogba and trophyless for half a decade. take that
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2010
Did you count how many passes you made when we massacred you in SB and the cumulative 5-0 win last season?
Oh! it didn't matter then. . . Or did it?

Arsenal fans make arguments of convenience.

And you make arguments of inconvenience, correct?

If one Arsenal midfielder completed more passes than the entire City midfield, it's just an illustration of Arsenal's dominance. That doesnt mean the dominant team will always win.

If labeling your smash and grab win a "massacre" makes you happy, well then, crack on!

RVP, Vermaleen, Diaby are players that could have played. . . Nothing was going to make them play.
Tevez was on the pitch and scheduled to play for the 90. .  Is there not a difference ?

And somehow you think them getting 50 minutes out of their best striker is an "unluckier" scenario than Arsenal getting 0 from theirs among others?
Either 0 is bigger than 50 or something else just hovered over my head. . .

Also it's not about what the rules of the game say. It's what happens in the game.
A rule in the game states that if the ball crosses the line, a goal is awarded . . but that doesn't mean Westbrom were not lucky to get a draw against ManU. . . . Is there not a difference?

The difference is there was nothing lucky about the events leading up to the sending off. . . Cesc had the ABILITY to play a PRECISE ball through to Chamakh who had made a GOOD run and drew the foul, which is where the RULES were implemented by the ref. Where is the luck there? That Cesc is lucky to be a brilliant passer of the ball or what?

Just admit you cant stomach the fact Arsenal thumped City 3-0 so we can call it a day grin grin

You cannot beat that City side 3-0 with 11 men playing on either side for 90 mins

I think what you mean to say is "Chelsea cannot beat 11 man City 3-0"
Don't tell us what we cannot do just because you think you cant. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by olodo(m): 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2010
There is something u guys faild to mention here, the ref made his intention known from the blast of d game, which is u 'play the ball not d legs'. Once this was sortd out with d distribution of d various colors of d cards in d first 10mint of d game. It was now who wants to play d ball? Which you will all agree wt me is arsenal stock in trade. That was why they lost. City initial game plan was to bully d young arsenal boy like d chavs did in our game with them. And so when that was not allowed city game plan and hope was dashd. we played them like school boys.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2010
^^ How long has chelsea been bullying your chicken?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ How long has chelsea been bullying your chicken?

Hehe grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by olodo(m): 7:15pm On Oct 25, 2010
@ dayo ade so u still think u dey dream. We won dayo!! Dayo confess to d whole world, that was a beauty of a game that u cant get elswhere but with the Red & White army. Oh what a game.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2010
The only thing you can get from Arsenal is delusional fans e.g Vela is the next Messi, Diaby is the best dribbler in Europe

And Years of trophylessness
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2010
grin grin grin

Dayokanu is revived. . . .I'm sure the gap between Saturday and now is the longest period without DK posts on this thread for a month. grin

olodo:

There is something u guys faild to mention here, the ref made his intention known from the blast of d game, which is u [b]'play the ball not d legs'. [/b]Once this was sortd out with d distribution of d various colors of d cards in d first 10mint of d game. It was now who wants to play d ball? Which you will all agree wt me is arsenal stock in trade. That was why they lost. City initial game plan was to bully d young arsenal boy like d chavs did in our game with them. And so when that was not allowed city game plan and hope was dashd. we played them like school boys.

MINT!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 8:14pm On Oct 25, 2010
nateevs:

Why do you argue like this. . ? Even Debo agrees with my assertion and he doesn't support Bolton.

If you guys had a player sent off in the 4 minute and City went on to beat you 3-0. . . Slimshay will be here saying we would have beaten them with 11. . Hence they were lucky.

You cannot beat that City side 3-0 with 11 men playing on either side for 90 mins. . This is not Chelsea whopping Arsenal for heaven's sake. . .  grin

It always feel good throwing that line in. . Always!
A wise O.G once told me "Sometimes its better to be lucky than good" with that being said only someone utterly biased would attribute yesterday's victory to luck! Luck? What Luck? Even your last season win at the Emirates was not down to Luck how much more this We dominated em from start to finish. The red card and Tevez's injury where unforced and avoidable errors on their part! They had over 100 million pounds worth of talent on the bench so who is to blame for their inability to deploy their personnel correctly? I do agree the red card played a major part in our victory but saying we where lucky to run out 3-0 winners is as ridiculous as saying Barca where lucky to beat us 2-1 in 06
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2010
Useless Denilson 72 completed 5 uncompleted
Super Sheik City midfield 76 passes.
INTENSE SERIOUS A$$ WHOOPING.

Nateevs must really be forking up your day, yesterday's result eh? Let it go son. Believe me son, you will feel better.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2010
@ A-40

Good example with the Barca case. . . .if losing an inexperienced CB in the 4th minute is luck, losing one of the best GKs in the world in a final against Barcelona must be divine intervention. grin

Y'all should let the matter rest. . . .nateevs believes there is an element of luck involved, leave him be.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2010
Abeg if Arsenal was 'lucky' to beat ManCity 3 - 0, May we be 'lucky' in every match this season! grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 9:29pm On Oct 25, 2010
No sirs, he jus feels its necessary to pour cold water on our performance and result. And the best he can come up with is 'luck'. *smh*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2010
U dey mind Nateevs?

No be only luck, na karma!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 12:36am On Oct 26, 2010
Van Persie trying to sign a 5 year old to Physio United grin grin

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1hvKYOnhLQ?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kashmo: 4:17am On Oct 26, 2010
eldee:

Van Persie trying to sign a 5 year old to Physio United grin grin

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1hvKYOnhLQ?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Had me in stitches, mehn . . . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 8:57am On Oct 26, 2010
[size=18pt]West Ham beckons
I hope the guys sustain the good run of form[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 9:00am On Oct 26, 2010
AW:Nasri is becoming more efficient

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-nasri-is-becoming-more-efficient

I concur sir

PS:Let him take all our pens forthwith
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 9:04am On Oct 26, 2010
Robin who?

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United: FA Cup Final (1 - 0) On 19th May 2018 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.