Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,870 members, 7,889,912 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:18 AM

That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? (6995 Views)

What Can You Tell Me About Birom Ladies. / How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! / Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by omogenaija(f): 6:32am On Jun 27, 2007
MP007:

nappy hair embarassed
just don't know why brothers don't take cra eof their hair, dang!

angry na only naija pikin have nappy hair angry
my own isnt nappy cool unless i'm due for a relaxer
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by soulpatrol(f): 6:43am On Jun 27, 2007
ok ok, i have one here. cool take notice when someone is eating rice and meat. if the person should finish all the rice first and then eat the meat last, then he/she is definitely a naija o. old habits die hard! grin
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by omogenaija(f): 6:46am On Jun 27, 2007
soulpatrol:

ok ok, i have one here. cool take notice when someone is eating rice and meat. if the person should finish all the rice first and then eat the meat last, then he/she is definitely a naija o. old habits die hard! grin

i'm going to deny that i do that cool
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by soulpatrol(f): 6:59am On Jun 27, 2007
omogenaija. oh girl, fess up p. guilty as charged! grin ah, but why do people still do that even when they leave the country? i find it kinda annoying actually. oh well i guess we've always been trained to save the best for last. cheesy
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by omogenaija(f): 7:03am On Jun 27, 2007
soulpatrol:

omogenaija. oh girl, fess up p. guilty as charged! grin ah, but why do people still do that even when they leave the country? i find it kind of annoying actually. oh well i guess we've always been trained to save the best for last. cheesy

i dont do it cool its even worst for me b/c i wasnt even born there and i do it , i guess its in our blood
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by soulpatrol(f): 7:18am On Jun 27, 2007
ewww, omogenaija. i wouldn't want to hang out with you! ha ha, just kidding! grin but i think the food is more enjoyable when you sample all the food groups simultaneously e.g a little rice here, some meat, some veggies, and just alternating it like that till you finish. hmm see as i dey give out lessons o.  tongue
i have a friend that eats his meat last too and i totally abhor it. ughhh! its just em, razzzzz! grin
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by soulpatrol(f): 7:19am On Jun 27, 2007
so feel free to murder me for sayin its razzzz o. cool
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by olutomiwa(m): 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2007
when dem pollute{mess} you go sabi say this one na from naija,hausa mess dey different from igbo,likewise igbo,yoruba and other people mess,God dash us different different mess,so dat we go KNOW WHO MESS .As i drop one now for you,you go know say dis one na original yoruba mess. grin
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by HolinessM: 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2007
depends - if he is ibo - his trouser is big and pulled up to his navel, if he is Hausa, he is as slim as panla - if he is Calabar - he will be a short man devil, if na Warri, im face go dey red like fire, if na yoruba - him fit get mark for face or him go dey look right, look left as if them dey pursue am, if na woman, if na ibo woman, him go yellow well well, or im breast go just shoot out - poi, if na yoruba woman, im idebe - aka ikebe - go dey do 17, 18, 19 bobo - roll one side, roll that side etc. if na calabar girl, im go fat from middle to down, if na hausa, him go get cheek and fat neck like Atiku.

Okay, after all these, if them come dey talk, abeg, make we leave that one yet.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by kojeiwa(m): 10:16pm On Aug 29, 2007
About eating the meat last, i still tend to do that. I don't really know why, i guess it's an habit i learned from Naija. I

think one of the reason I do that is that the meat actually makes the food interest me. I do that especially with fufu

and soup, not necessary with rice.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by MP007(m): 3:46am On Sep 01, 2007
1 . nigeria male, nappy hair

2 accent

3 laughs loud
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by bolorunfem(f): 9:48am On Sep 11, 2007
[/quote]
ok ok, i have one here. take notice when someone is eating rice and meat. if the person should finish all the rice first and then eat the meat last, then he/she is definitely a naija o. old habits die hard!

Soulpatrol, you are absolutely right about Nigerians eating meat last after the food. I discovered that long ago. Interestingly, in a bid to wriggle out of the age-long habit, I now over-do the opposite and it has become so bad that whenever the meat finishes that is when the meal stops cheesy.

One of my friends in secondary school would finish her meal, drink water, get up, walk up to 'Iya Arokotari' (honestly that is what we called the foodseller) and pay, then go back and put the meat in her mouth. She would continue eating the piece of meat till we reached the classroom! (yak) shocked [quote]
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by ssRhino: 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2007
na wa oh
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by younghoodi(m): 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2007
i know how yoruba girls looks like,they body be boombanging,they faces mmmmm so cute sometimes they got the scarfs but they face's still pretty.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by Digital(f): 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2007
grin grin
lol
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by davidif: 1:30pm On Dec 11, 2007
the shape of there ogo. grin grin grin
There strong facial features.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by davidif: 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2007
Who said that naija and akata look alike, my friend you've obviously never been to naija or lived there long enough.
Naija people our faces "strong well well" whereas akata face dey "fresh"
Even an oyinbo who lived in lagos for a while saw me walking randomly and asked me where i was from and i told him naija and he knew simply because he worked in Lagos for a while. So all you so called naija americans who only stayed in naija a couple of months need to be quiet.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by Jezzy(f): 4:17am On Dec 13, 2007
Soulpatrol,I can't stop laughing.
I didn't actually notice cos I've been doing it since time Imo river,I always eat my meat afterI'm done with my food.Kai,it just comes naturally withut any thoughts.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by ifyalways(f): 6:02am On Dec 13, 2007
the face cannot be taken from us. cool hard who send you face wink
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by britgirlee(f): 11:52am On Dec 15, 2007
how can you tell a nigerian, my opinion is you cant, unless of the bvious accent , im nigerian many atime been mistaken for a west indian but quickly corrected, then you have the , 'oh but you dont look nigerian' shocked

my answer always , "so tell me what does a nigerian look like, they are normally stuck for words"!!! wink

motto dont judge a book by its cover, smiley wink
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by outlaws(m): 5:56am On Oct 14, 2008
cool

419 ERS
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by mi3(f): 12:35am On Oct 19, 2008
hahahahaha, the funny thing is that i always manage to know that a person is Nigerian, and i can't point out what gives them away, maybe we have a special Naija person sensor? lol

Apart from the accent, there is a way Naija people act, one kain confidence in the way they walk and sit and whatever, and then the facial expressions, There are some kind of eyebrow raises and mouth movements that are quintessentially Nigerian!
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by Mpele(m): 8:11am On Oct 20, 2008
How to spot a Nigerian!

1. Very loud and attention seeking

2. Argumantive

3. Dark, tall and well build and also the ladies are dark, well build with too much make up.

4. Guys with fake diesel jeans.

5. Fake American accent
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by Laurnetta(f): 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2008
Mpele:

How to spot a Nigerian!

2. Argumantive

3. Dark, tall and well build and also the ladies are dark, well build with too much make up.

5. Fake American accent

ha ha! i couldnt agree more grin
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by Gamine(f): 5:51pm On Oct 20, 2008
How you no go agree undecided

Fake Diesel jeans?

Fake American Accent?

undecided

Are you sure its not a Ghanian you were interacting with undecided
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by rubi(f): 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2008
Mpele:

How to spot a Nigerian!

2. Argumantive

5. Fake American accent

You nailed it
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by Laurnetta(f): 10:30am On Oct 21, 2008
was dat meant for me gamine? is dr something wrong wit agreein? grin
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by Gamine(f): 11:33am On Oct 21, 2008
Notin rong

notin rong at all
undecided
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by faze1: 7:17pm On Dec 03, 2008
the accent, for example, saying emereka instead of america,
occasional fake fune,
saying things like "chei", "chineke", "aa aaaah", "omoh", "na wa ooo", "shuuu" from time to time,
tribal marks,
hissing (sucking air into the mouth in between the teeth) from time to time,
declining to accept things given with the left hand,
wearing a particular style of leather slippers which has a strap that holds on to the big toe grin
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by touchmeder: 2:00am On Dec 07, 2008
faze1:

the accent, for example, saying emereka instead of america,
occasional fake fune,
saying things like "chei", "chineke", "aa aaaah", "omoh", "na wa ooo", "shuuu" from time to time,
tribal marks,
hissing (sucking air into the mouth in between the teeth) from time to time,
declining to accept things given with the left hand,
wearing a particular style of leather slippers which has a strap that holds on to the big toe grin

OMG i nor fit laugh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
eating meat last, i still do it (chei wats wrong with that, ive always grown up doing it) GUILTY cheesy
I still say chei, nawa, its a lie, shuuuuuuuu GUILTY
cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy smiley
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by selencious(f): 11:59pm On Jan 19, 2010
I dunno!!! Only if I hear em speak in Nigerian dialect-Yoruba, which I understand very lil.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Timbuktu Manuscripts / Nairalander Thinks Ancient Egypt Were West African Lmao / Photos Of Imo State King Surrounded By 4 Ladies With Bare Breasts Go Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.