Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,558 members, 7,888,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:20 PM

Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results (10730 Views)

Imo Attack: IGP Adamu Arrives Owerri, Security Beefed Up / Security Beefed Up At Enugu Boundaries Over Almajiri Influx / Buhari Vs Atiku: Security Beefed Up At Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by 11Ebiscoo: 7:36am On Apr 02, 2019
The Rivers State Police Command has said that security has been beefed up in the State as INEC commences the collation of the Gubernatorial and House of Assembly Election Results, scheduled to begin tomorrow 2nd April 2019.

The State Commissioner of Police and the Chairman of the Inter-Agency Consultative Committee on Election Security (ICCES), CP Usman .A. Belel, after a meeting of the Agency and other bodies superintending over the Elections, agreed to put in place adequate security measures, to ensure that the entire process is transparent and seamlessly carried out.

Part of the security measures put in place, as agreed by the Agencies, include:

“Massive deployments of Police Personnel and other Sister Security Agencies to the venue and the outer perimeter of the Collation Centre.

“Total closure of the PH/Aba Express Road, the stretch from the Waterlines to the GRA junctions, both in and outwards of the roads. Diversions only, to Olu Obasanjo and Polo Club Roads.

“The Commissioner of Police has noted with concern, the temporary hardship the closure will occasion and hereby appeals to the public to show understanding and bear with us, as the closure is done in the overall interest of the public and intended to provide a conducive atmosphere for the Collation Exercise.

“Politicians, Candidates and indeed unauthorized persons are seriously warned to stay clear from the Collation Centre, as any person or group whose act or omission undermines the process will be arrested and prosecuted in accordance with the Electoral Act”.

The CP reiterated the Command’s avowed determination to provide adequate security for the resumed Collation Exercise and ensure that the process is open, credible and stands the test of time.

He also solicited the unalloyed cooperation and support of the people as the prosecution of the last lap of the collation gets executed.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/02/security-beefed-up-in-rivers-as-inec-collates-election-results/

Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by dingbang(m): 7:38am On Apr 02, 2019
angry
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:42am On Apr 02, 2019
I hope they Dont rig the election for AAC dis one they're closing everywhere.
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by Generalnomercy: 8:02am On Apr 02, 2019
Wike has won

9 Likes

Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by nrexzy: 8:09am On Apr 02, 2019
Let's us watch and see
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by Flets: 8:09am On Apr 02, 2019
Ok
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by helinues: 8:10am On Apr 02, 2019
Lol

What are they collating since? Chai
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by Blizzy9ja: 8:11am On Apr 02, 2019
Declare Wike winner already

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by shuttox: 9:26am On Apr 02, 2019
Amaechi is desperate...Let the will of the people prevail

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by badebotracker: 9:30am On Apr 02, 2019
Buy Your Laptop - Both US or UK Fairly Used and New Laptop At Most Affordable Prices You Cant Get in The Market

POISE COMPUTERS is Nigeria Leading Market Place Where You Buy very good and working laptops and accessories that comes with warranty without Stress - NO MORE COMPUTER VILLAGE STRESS

BENEFITS YOU GET

- Warranty on all laptops - New or Fairly used
- Doorstep Delivery (extra token paid for delivery)
- Very good hours of batter life
- All Laptops comes with WIFI Internet Enabled
- Pay Online or through Bank Trasfer
- FREE Delivery on Selected Items

BENEFITS YOU GET WHEN YOU PURCHASE FROM POISE COMPUTERS

- PROBOOK 6360T INTEL CELERON 2GB RAM, 160HDD N44,000
- DELL LATITUDE E5410 INTEL COREI3, 250HDD N49,000
- HP 640 INTEL COREI5, 4GB RAM, 500HDD, N79,000
- HP4440S INTEL COREI3, 4GB RAM , 250HDD N59,000
- DELL LATITUDE E5440 INTEL COREI3,4GB RAM,320HDD, N65,000
- HP 1040 INTEL COREI5, 4GB RAM 128SSD, KEYBOARDLIGHT, ULTRABOOK N187,000
- HP840 INTEL COREI5, 4GB RAM 320HDD, KEYBOARDLIGHT, ULTRABOOK N84,000
- HP820 INTELCOREI5, 4GB RAM ULTRABOOK N86,000
- HP9470 INTEL COREI5, 4GB, 180SSD, KEYBOARDLIGHT, ULTRABOOK N79,000

Contact us now to ORDER YOURS!

Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by chrisxxx(m): 9:31am On Apr 02, 2019
Do and declare Wike abeg. Before the election we knew the winner by popular choice.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by Opexzy: 9:31am On Apr 02, 2019
Which of the security forces... Is the ones that scattered the first one or....
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by BruncleZuma: 9:33am On Apr 02, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by Naija4love(m): 9:35am On Apr 02, 2019
Let see
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by zeromeridian: 9:42am On Apr 02, 2019
I am beginning to to feel like all these bet9ja advert and pictures are Naira land sponsored. How come a moniker doing these have been registered not today and mod keep allowing them to spam every thread

1 Like

Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by eshcol(m): 9:47am On Apr 02, 2019
Most of the people calling Wike the people's choice are mostly my igbo brothers whose level of hate and sentiment have blinded their sense of reasoning, family members and dependants of govt officials in Rivers State, people who don't live in Rivers State who are very ignorant of the true Rivers situation. Ask the average educated Rivers indigene and you will find out that Wike is nowhere near the people's choice. That was why he went about sponsoring rifts in opposition parties like APC, SDP, Accord and now AAC. Wike's abysmal performance is the worst in Rivers and the list is endless. He deceives the gullible with the title 'Mr Project' but development is not hinged on brick and mortar alone. The pitiable sight is the PDP campaign office along Aba road which would have housed a very big factory. This guy knows nothing about governance but only about dirty politics. It's just a pity Awara and AAC aren't popular that's why Wike may win but it will signal another 4years of poor governance for Rivers people.

5 Likes

Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by JudasNaCarrot: 9:58am On Apr 02, 2019
Ameachi will soon be retired like that other man from Akwa Ibom.....is it Akpamu or whatever he's called.

God punish you there.
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:02am On Apr 02, 2019
eshcol:
Most of the people calling Wike the people's choice are mostly my igbo brothers whose level of hate and sentiment have blinded their sense of reasoning, family members and dependants of govt officials in Rivers State, people who don't live in Rivers State who are very ignorant of the true Rivers situation. Ask the average educated Rivers indigene and you will find out that Wike is nowhere near the people's choice. That was why he went about sponsoring rifts in opposition parties like APC, SDP, Accord and now AAC. Wike's abysmal performance is the worst in Rivers and the list is endless. He deceives the gullible with the title 'Mr Project' but development is not hinged on brick and mortar alone. The pitiable sight is the PDP campaign office along Aba road which would have housed a very big factory. This guy knows nothing about governance but only about dirty politics. It's just a pity Awara and AAC aren't popular that's why Wike may win but it will signal another 4years of poor governance for Rivers people.
You always hv to rope in igbos to all ur silly rants!
Yet u claim igbos are bitter and hateful ppl! angry
Get well soon!

PS; Awara cannot win Wike in any polling unit even if the polling unit is in his mother's bedroom!
So if the thought of that makes you sucidal, sniper is now #300 only!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by Alezy(m): 10:04am On Apr 02, 2019
eshcol:
oga u know nothing about rivers state

3 Likes

Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by eshcol(m): 10:09am On Apr 02, 2019
TroubleMaker47:

You always hv to rope in igbos to all ur silly rants!
Yet u claim igbos are bitter and hateful ppl! angry
Get well soon!

PS; Awara cannot win Wike in any polling unit even if the polling unit is in his mother's bedroom!
I will not use any insulting language on you but be informed that I am an igbo man who has lived in Rivers for 28years and my in-law is a rivers man, so I don't talk ignorantly. Have you had any discussion bothering on politics and governance with the igbos in Rivers State especially the not too educated ones? Anyway, for all I know you might be among the group I earlier mentioned.
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by eshcol(m): 10:11am On Apr 02, 2019
Alezy:
for him to use the word akpamu meaning he stays in rivers statr
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by eshcol(m): 10:14am On Apr 02, 2019
Alezy:
oga u know nothing about rivers state
On the contrary Sir, I do. Please prove me wrong.
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:27am On Apr 02, 2019
eshcol:

I will not use any insulting language on you but be informed that [s]I am an igbo man who has lived in Rivers for 28years and my in-law is a rivers man,[/s] so I don't talk ignorantly. Have you had any discussion bothering on politics and governance with the igbos in Rivers State especially the not too educated ones? Anyway, for all I know you might be among the group I earlier mentioned.
Then i am Pakistani based in Punjab married to Polish! Mtcheeeeeew
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by efilefun(m): 10:31am On Apr 02, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
I hope they Dont rig the election for APC dis one they're closing everywhere.
All this ignorant overnight political analysts. Tell me where you found APC on the ballot paper Mtcheew
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by eshcol(m): 10:36am On Apr 02, 2019
TroubleMaker47:
Then i am Pakistani based in Punjab married to Polish! Mtcheeeeeew
LOL! Ur moniker shaaa
Re: Security Beefed Up In Rivers As INEC Collates Election Results by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 02, 2019
It's ridiculous how this people closed down key places in PH...
I can't wait for the final result already...
If you love the truth, you'll stand for a win by Wike.
Anything outside this is a korokoro sham.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Celebrates His 53rd Birthday Today / Nigeria's Spends $1.8billion On Fuel Imports Quarterly / Boko Haram Insurgents Kill Seven, Burn Three Villages In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.