Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,217 members, 7,873,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:13 PM

Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri (27153 Views)

Police Detain Jobless Youth For Attempted Suicide, Court Grants N200,000 Bail / Police Detain Suspicious Vulture Owned By A Woman In Adamawa / Man Cries Out After SARS Extorted Him For Owning An Iphone And 50k In His Accoun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by Valour100: 2:35am On Apr 09, 2019
Don't throw away ur banana peelings anymore!! Ask me why: https:///2OXs5qW
Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by Excuzeme: 4:49am On Apr 09, 2019
You guys from that side are very good at insulting yorubas online but when it comes to defending yourselves, your brains simply go blank!

Since this harassment is ongoing and widely spread, what does it take for example, you guys contribute money, buy hidden Cameras and install it in your rooms so that you can capture what these Police criminals are doing.

You simply send the video to online Media houses and bloggers and before you know it, these criminals in uniform will be out fo job for extortion.

Dont ever open your phone for any Policeman. it is illegal and unlawful to search anyone's phone without a search warrant issued by a Judge, in a competent court of jurisdiction. '

I carry three expensive phones whose total cost is almost a million naira and l am still looking for that policeman that would ask me to unlock it for him to search, if he cant produce a search warrant.

Let the Police beat you over it if he wants, let him detain you but once you are released, you should seek redress in a court.
You can stop their extortion, if you want and if you are steadfast enough to go through with it. Think 'long term'

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by Excuzeme: 5:00am On Apr 09, 2019
kingsleyds:
I had similar experience with this same police team in Ihaiagwa 2 years ago.. I was in Final year in Futo when I was arrested for sleeping in a room that was reported for smoking Indian Hemp.. I can never forget that faithful day, I did nothing.. nothing was found in the room and I was still arrested for sleeping in room. They said since the owner of the room wasn't around, I was the one smoking.. they found no Indian hemp, no sign that indian hemp was being smoked, nothing at all but I was still detained and I bailed myself with 15k for sleeping in a room

You see the problem with you people?

Why did you have to bail yourself with 15K, when yo uare damn sure of your innocence?
because yo uare in a hurry to get out, right?

But why dont you give that 15K to a Lawyer, to "post bail" on your behalf and then sue the Police for unlawful detention?

Nigerians, especially the younger generation, have to wise-up, spend more time on educating themselves on what really count and be ready to "pay the price" for their freedom.

It is only when one, two or three guys star "standing up for their right", that the Police would be forced to check themselves but if you are all so cowardly as to be coughing-up money each time they harrass you, they wont be stopping soon.

2 Likes

Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by Zaheertyler(m): 7:00am On Apr 09, 2019
mgdimagaladima:
Is that one a crime?
about a month ago this same exact police men arrested two of my friends that came to visit me. saying that they were the ones that caused electoral violence...that ihiagwa vigilante told them that the boys came from rivers that morning..boys way dun day with me for like one week..then they arrested me for housing them ...seized my two phones

1 Like

Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by asiga(m): 7:07am On Apr 09, 2019
The proper campaign should be #End9jaPolice

Not #EndSARS.

These two are one and the same people.
Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by 21Bandit: 7:18am On Apr 09, 2019
Brandonx:

Your own is recent I ve got 2009 if you see buyer lemme know grin

Bros abeg have send you dm....
Let's discuss price
Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by Lilimax(f): 8:12am On Apr 09, 2019
Hienna:
Is there a Nigerian youth with one fb acct before
Why should you have more than one FB account??
Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by sirclems743(m): 8:31am On Apr 09, 2019
cool[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]. Our security agents are only good in dealing with the wrong people. Go and arrest our past and present leaders that have made us slaves in our own country.
Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 09, 2019
Tf did I just read?
Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by Psoul(m): 9:34am On Apr 09, 2019
You hardly see a policeman live a better life. U hardly see their kids doing very well cos they are trained with cursed money.
It' just very few of them you will see living fairly good life.
Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by Iceking1(m): 10:22am On Apr 09, 2019
jamezman:
Lemme quickly sell my other accounts since its now against the law.....

Any buyer.
.2014 fb account

I have 2008 acc for sale, bro if u see buyer please let me knw...
Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by Fidelcollins4: 11:38am On Apr 09, 2019
Brandonx:
Your own is recent I ve got 2009 if you see buyer lemme know grin
how much are you selling it? I know someone who is interested in buying
Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by Nostradamus: 2:43pm On Apr 09, 2019
And these incessant and unnecessary acts by the police will continue as long as nigerians support the police to arrest those with tattoos,dreadlocks,beards or those engaging in public display of affection. It will get to a stage the police will start harassing and arresting nigerians for been hale and hearty if we don't stop supporting them.
Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by Excuzeme: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2019
Lilimax:
Why should you have more than one FB account??

For one, l have a an FB account strictly for FAMILY VIEWING. No non-family can view what goes on there. Only My wife, children have access to it.

I have another one for my friends and acquaintances, it is an all comers affair!
Even you, if you befriend me on FB today, you will be accepted and view what is there. grin

The third account l have is more of a "Digital vault.
I use it to store very important documents in digital form.
Like House Surveys, C-of-Os, Marriage Certs, Birth Certs, Stock Certs, e.t.c. Things l will still want to have access to, incase we experience a Natural disaster like Fire or Flood.
Only myself can access this account though my wife knows how she can get access to the Password but only when something terrible happens to 'my enemy'.

I am sure other people may have other legitimate reasons for having more than one FB account..... having more than one does not make you a criminal, though there are people that do so for criminal reasons.
Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by mgdimagaladima(m): 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2019
Zaheertyler:

about a month ago this same exact police men arrested two of my friends that came to visit me. saying that they were the ones that caused electoral violence...that ihiagwa vigilante told them that the boys came from rivers that morning..boys way dun day with me for like one week..then they arrested me for housing them ...seized my two phones

Are u serious?

Nigeria is now worse that Guantanamo Prison
Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by Neocotez(m): 11:59pm On Apr 09, 2019
my animal kwantry...its more like a latrin
Re: Police Detain Student For Owning Two Facebook Accounts In Owerri by tck2000(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
Cld

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Speeding Car Kills Rivers 17-year-old School Girl In Port Harcourt / Student Hacked Dad’s Account, Stole ₦25M To Play Bet9ja — UNILORIN Counsellor / Julius Alagwu, UNIZIK Student Stabbed To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.