Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu (26190 Views)

Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1000 Per Liter Mark / Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL / South West IPMAN Set To Increase Pump Price Of Petrol To N180 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by PureMind2: 10:15am On Apr 17, 2019
Good help us
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 17, 2019
Aieboocaar:

AND DO YOU HAVE STEADY ELECTRICITY COMPARED TO THIS COUNTRIES YOU MENTIONED??

believe me bros, if the government can atleast fix the problems of electricity it has solved like 25% of nigeria's problems

We don't have stable electricity because we don't pay good enough bills to cover operaitonal costs

That's why DISCOS and GENCOS reject electricty...no money

That is why we don't have money to fix transmission

Supplying electricity is a complex business. The sector has many aspects, all complex in themselves: engineering, accounting, tax, financing, laws and regulations, governance, consumer concerns and safety.

Countries often decentralise authority to simplify the management of the sector. They also decentralise the sources of energy generation, transmission and distribution and the means of funding the sector.

But Nigeria has done the reverse. Under the 2005 Electric Power Sector Reform Act, all regulations concerning electricity are made centrally for the 36 states and their 774 local government areas.

The central regulator cannot monitor all the players effectively. The result is corruption, poor service delivery and use of substandard equipment. Gas pipelines are sometimes vandalised by frustrated citizens whose local needs are not understood or met.

We pay 30% of the cost of power in bills...and government is struglging to meet 70% SAUCE

We need to increase bills ....or we will have blackouts.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Stillthebest: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2019
Lol as expected.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by famzynet: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
this kachikwu is a grade a failure

i remember the ediot telling us buying fuel for 145 is only temporary and in 6months plus everything will be back to normal. its almost 4years now.

the ediot also said he will quit if we are still importing fuel in 2019- he is telling us now that landing cos is 180.

i hope he is part of those that gets the stick in may.

uselessness extraordinaire.
I am sure you are from the gworo chewing tribe. If you say Kachikwu is a failure ,what then do you say to the man who is minister of petroleum. Maybe you don't know that Buhari is the minister of petroleum and kachikwu is only a messenger chosen to bear blames whereas the man that makes all decision is failure in anything he touches. We should learn to call spade a spade.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by columbus007(m): 10:19am On Apr 17, 2019
Price of commodities phewwwwwwwww. cool
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Bizibi(m): 10:19am On Apr 17, 2019
Increase it already..... Na wetin una dey find since.this is the next level gift,adiós
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by SocialJustice: 10:20am On Apr 17, 2019
Atiku is coming!

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by maxjax(m): 10:21am On Apr 17, 2019
NIGERIA..... indeed there was a country undecided
N o
I ndigenous
G overnment
E ver
R ealizes
I ts
A mbition
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Bizibi(m): 10:21am On Apr 17, 2019
MrPresident1:
Next level

Affliction shall not rise again a second time, this is the word of the LORD.
wetin wan rise again.....your prayer should be not to suffer like those who boldly voted for the failure return.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by tiredoflife(m): 10:21am On Apr 17, 2019
Subsidy the war against the poor
The war between the haves and the have not
Didn't start today
During the ages gone
Whenever there is a war
The king of England makes decree
Asking all its citizens to pay some money based on what you earn
This is how income tax came about
As the king noticed there is so much money in circulation
He became interested in this free money in circulation
He made a law that there should be a monthly income tax
There was a riot in the kingdom
Seeing this and not trying to back down
The king began to use propaganda
That the more you earn is the more income tax you will pay
The poor hearing this felt
Finally they have gotten the rich
They will pay more
And voted for the income tax to be law
The rich seeing this
Formed corporations as an investment
And put all they have in their companies
That way they have no personal income tax
So there was nothing to tax them
Rather the poor began to pay 20% or more as income tax
While the rich only pay 0.5% to 5%
Company income tax after they want to as long as they declared profit
If they don't
Then they won't pay
Today we here about subsidy
And how the rich are raking in trillions of naira
The poor is angry
The air is set
Now the total removal is shouted from the streets of okokomaiko up to the valleys of aba
The poor wants blood
They want subsidy removed
The trick here
They would remove it
The rich will form a union
Import fuel
Give different cost of importation
By then the power to fix price is with them
They will put an average cost
Add profit
Add plus and minus one
They were making billions before
Now they will make trillions
Government can't stop them
You can't stop them
They will also tell you its supply and demand
One way or the other
The poor will always loose
Yeah dangote refinery is coming
He will fall in line
And sell at the same price with them grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 17, 2019
Any increase in fuel price now will be too bad for the masses.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by NinjaMetahuman: 10:22am On Apr 17, 2019
lonelydora:
Oga Ibe, you guys should just increase this petrol price, let's have peace for once. NNPC and FG should stop playing this hide-and-seek game.

Most petrol stations in Port Harcourt have shutdown in anticipation for a price hike.

Las Las, we go dey alright.

We warned them not to return this Daura man, now look at it
shut the Bleep up and shove your i told you so up your nasty butthole.

the cameroonian thief would have done worse. and no one regretted voting him out.

how much your beloved pdp met fuel and how much did they leave it.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by ogawisdom(m): 10:22am On Apr 17, 2019
Fuel hike looms
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by NinjaMetahuman: 10:24am On Apr 17, 2019
[s]
famzynet:

I am sure you are from the gworo chewing tribe. If you say Kachikwu is a failure ,what then do you say to the man who is minister of petroleum. Maybe you don't know that Buhari is the minister of petroleum and kachikwu is only a messenger chosen to bear blames whereas the man that makes all decision is failure in anything he touches. We should learn to call spade a spade.
[/s]buhari is a ceremonial minister of oil. when last did you hear him make a decision concerning the ministry.

but i dont expect a dumb flat head like you to understand.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by InaNla(f): 10:25am On Apr 17, 2019
Wicked change
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 17, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
shut the Bleep up and shove your i told you so up your nasty butthole.

the cameroonian thief would have done worse. and no one regretted voting him out.

how much your beloved pdp met fuel and how much did they leave it.
lonelydora:
Oga Ibe, you guys should just increase this petrol price, let's have peace for once. NNPC and FG should stop playing this hide-and-seek game.

Most petrol stations in Port Harcourt have shutdown in anticipation for a price hike.

Whoever got voted in, whether Atiku or Buhari....would have had to increase prices for these reasons

1.Oil is below $80. We need it at $140 to run a debt free budget. We have been on loans for the last ten years because we have not been able to get oil where we want it to be.

2.Oil subsidy is stifling investment in the downstream sector and is making NNPC lose billions...which in turn means no new refineries, etc.

3.Corruption in the whole subsidy sector makes things worse.

4.Marketers cannot make a profit...so they smuggle and do all manner of sharp practices to earn money.

Now Atiku was talking of fuel at N90, Buhari wants the status quo ante. Either way, it would cost us millions in cash we don'tr have meaning more debts.

Somehow...something has to give.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by osuofia2(m): 10:31am On Apr 17, 2019
what happened to pmb promises of building additional refineries every year during his campaign 2015.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Faithfulmartins(m): 10:32am On Apr 17, 2019
Goodmorning sir(s) and ma(s).
I was unable to pay my tuition fee for 200l at Kwara state COED oro, as at 2017. Failure to pay for 200 and 300L will exempt me from going to teaching practice also my sister got admission that same year, this prompt my mum to take loan of 2hundred thousand naira from LAPO microfinance bank. Though we have able to pay the sum of #120 thousand, recently life is not so easy on us which led to inability to continue payment of the loan. The bank agent have been making life a hell for us. Please I'm seeking help from any chearful giver to help us with any token. Thanks, may God replenish your pocket as you do so.
Account details:-
Acct Name: Akande Olukayode Matthew
Acct No:- 0036578509 GTB
Phone No: 09077726659
I can give you my contact address and fb username to verify.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by bareal(m): 10:33am On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
Tine to accept facts....SUBSIDY HAS TO GO

Landing cost N180
FuEL IN Nigeria: N142-147
Fuel in Niger Republic: N398
Fuel in Benin (oil producer) N298

Amount of oil we produce in our 3 working refineries 5-6MILLION liters/day
Actual daily need 54 million liters per day
Last refinery was built in 1988

Subsidies aggravate fiscal imbalances, crowd-out priority public spending, and depress private investment, including in the energy sector. Subsidies also distort resource allocation by encouraging excessive energy consumption, artificially promoting capital-intensive industries, reducing incentives for investment in renewable energy, and accelerating the depletion of natural resources. Most subsidy benefits are captured by higher-income households, reinforcing inequality.

Ed Dolan, Why Fuel Subsidies are Bad for Everyone

Sorry Nigeria....but we cannot continue paying scammers, and smugglers, and a few rich guys millions of dollars for cheap prices...when there is a better way out of Egypt.

Oga, instead of shouting for subsidy to be removed, a sound and patrotic mind would campaign for our 4 refineries to be fixed to produce to commercial capacity. That alone coupled with stable power supply will eradicate subsidy.

Going by your submission for some days now, you seem to have a stake in all of these...

6 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Bulusc: 10:33am On Apr 17, 2019
Testing,testing,testing.Testing the next level

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by sapientia(m): 10:34am On Apr 17, 2019
Knowing how our government increase prices, take this to be around 100 naira.

Look at what APC is still battling with after 4 years.

Everything hits them as emergency.

Then, they come running to Nigerians with stories.

~
When will Nigeria ever suprise me?

Not in this lifetime again.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Npfn: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2019
APC has already concluded plans on increasing the fuel price they have unleashed there media zombies to test the waters before it is increase from comment you can see there paid agents trying to make us allow fuel subsidy to go the funny thing is buhari is scared of people reaction especially now there are coup in some African countries and massive protest let the zombies know that people will resist this incoming fuel price increase we know APC gimmicks
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Glorymax: 10:38am On Apr 17, 2019
We don hear, make una increase the pump price to say NGN250 or NGN350 a litre.
Shame of a country! A failed nation is even better than Nigeria. You can't make the refineries work nor build new ones. A refinery that should have TAM biannually has not had one in sixteen years because people are gaining once we keep importing finished products.
Whatever is happening to us as a nation, I will blame it on the citizens. Am sorry to say this but we are dumb citizens that doesn't know our right, and as well afraid. Though our heterogeneous nature play a major factor to our not having one voice. Hence, we shall continue in this merry-go-round till the nation comes to a HALT.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Eeonn(m): 10:39am On Apr 17, 2019
Oga say “Nigerians allowed it “ we didn’t allow anything. You woke up and took your actions. Please is the minister of peter oleum not supposed to address us? Why is the minister for states talking?
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Eeonn(m): 10:40am On Apr 17, 2019
BlackfireX:
Hahahahahahahaha ...

Next level , all of us go hear r'am

We don dey see the next level na ... Nigerians forgot to ask next level of what?
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by RYTEBABY: 10:48am On Apr 17, 2019
lonelydora:

increase kee. Last time the fuel was increased... I heard they wanted to remove subsidy. Now we are here again trying to remove another subsid.. Does subsidy increase every month? First level we increased pump price and here again the 2nd level we are still increasing it. I will leave this Nigeria and move to my village.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by biztip: 10:48am On Apr 17, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Hahahahaha
I said it
Gbam gbam
Finally its has happened
Nigeria is cursed by the Devil Himself
cursed not by d devil but by Nigerians who voted d hopeless vision less man in aso rock
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by BlackfireX: 10:48am On Apr 17, 2019
Eeonn:

We don dey see the next level na ... Nigerians forgot to ask next level of what?

Funny thing is....

This zombies have dragged all of us to the consequences of there myopic choice
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Yusuf001(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2019
lilfreezy:
All thanks to Mr poverty, the fulani night king
u meant king of the north oh sorry more better westeros
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by masseratti: 10:51am On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
Tine to accept facts....SUBSIDY HAS TO GO

Landing cost N180
FuEL IN Nigeria: N142-147
Fuel in Niger Republic: N398
Fuel in Benin (oil producer) N298

Amount of oil we produce in our 3 working refineries 5-6MILLION liters/day
Actual daily need 54 million liters per day
Last refinery was built in 1988

Subsidies aggravate fiscal imbalances, crowd-out priority public spending, and depress private investment, including in the energy sector. Subsidies also distort resource allocation by encouraging excessive energy consumption, artificially promoting capital-intensive industries, reducing incentives for investment in renewable energy, and accelerating the depletion of natural resources. Most subsidy benefits are captured by higher-income households, reinforcing inequality.

Ed Dolan, Why Fuel Subsidies are Bad for Everyone

Sorry Nigeria....but we cannot continue paying scammers, and smugglers, and a few rich guys millions of dollars for cheap prices...when there is a better way out of Egypt.
never knew Benin republic is a fuel producer, when they increased it to 145 they said no more subsidies, this is a quagmire, Nigerian government want international price of crude oil to rise, so that they can have more funds for budget, same government want to keep the NNPC, refineries, keep inflation low, and control the value of the Currency.

How on earth can you do that? Eat your cake and have it at the same time?

Sell the refineries, people keep on comparing it the the sales of old NEPA but it's not that's comparing Apples and mangoes, they are not the same thing, the Discos will enjoy monopolies and they have to be regulated by the government,
Nigeria major problem is out flow of foreign currencies, anytime MTN remits dollars to its parent company, our naira takes a hit for it, the volatility in the interest rate is killing businesses, you can't make plans on something that is not stable to an extent.

Sell unbundle NNPC collect your tax and royalty, it's the same if not more revenue for the government.
Let it compete with other IOCs, sell 90% of the NNPC share to Nigerian public not core investors, let the shareholders choose the management teams, let the stock be on NSC, that way government will have no hands in subsidy of the products, If the price goes up internationally we bear the crunch like everyone else, although not as much as everyone else, because of the proximity of the crude.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Wheezdwisdom(m): 10:52am On Apr 17, 2019
Instead of sinking more dollars into those refineries again, the money should be given to a private company like dangote to build new one. Enough of putting money into them without result. [qquote author=bareal post=77614261]

Oga, instead of shouting for subsidy to be removed, a sound and patrotic mind would campaign for our 4 refineries to be fixed to produce to commercial capacity. That alone coupled with stable power supply will eradicate subsidy.

Going by your submission for some days now, you seem to have a stake in all of these... [/quote]
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 17, 2019
bareal:

Going by your submission for some days now, you seem to have a stake in all of these...

1.I am not employed, nor do i have connections to the oil industry

2.Subsidy means NNPC and marketers sell fuel at N145 while importing it at N180. Government pays the difference

3.No profits are made, leading to

. Increased smuggling and other sharp practices
. Incessant fuel crisis
.No investment in existing refineries, and no new refineries...who wants to build refinery and sell below priduction costs. THAT IS THE REAL REASON WHY WE DON'T HAVE REFINERIES.

4. And oil is at $80, we need it at $140 per barrel., we have had to take billions of dollars in debt, and the money for subsidy is running out.

5.So either government stops setting prices, ending subsidy...or we keep subsidy...and keep on taking loans, stifling investment, and lack of job creation, among other things...plus spending billion sthat could have gone for things like educaiton, etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Gets Certificate Of Return (Photos) / COVID-19 MURIC Warns Against Gatherings: 'Don’t Be More Muslim Than Muhammad’ / Crisis Rocks Lagos APC As Prince Idris Balogun Writes Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.