Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,728 members, 7,875,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:25 PM

Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu (26199 Views)

Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1000 Per Liter Mark / Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL / South West IPMAN Set To Increase Pump Price Of Petrol To N180 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by dam2000(m): 10:57am On Apr 17, 2019
Pls is 2 cheap 4 180 take it to 280 make we suffer well well next level
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:58am On Apr 17, 2019
ORACLE1975:
;DLet the landing cost be anything you choose to tell us. Why do we import fuel? . What happened to our refineries?. How much did Nigeria spend in the turn around maintenance of the oil facilities. Your government earlier denied paying for subsidies and later accepted it. That's fraud and corruption. All the nails Goodluck Jonathan received from the APC on these issues, are we better now. The petroleum industry in Nigeria is a big fraud and that's why all bills to tame the tide in the industry has been successful. Fellow countrymen and women arise in furious anger and let's occupy Nigeria now because leprous hands is now manifesting. Enough is enough.

God bless Goodlock Ebele Jonathan
Ebele Jonathan was a disaster! Please, don't bring him into this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by bareal(m): 11:01am On Apr 17, 2019
Wheezdwisdom:
Instead of sinking more dollars into those refineries again, the money should be given to a private company like dangote to build new one. Enough of putting money into them without result. [qquote author=bareal post=77614261]

Oga, instead of shouting for subsidy to be removed, a sound and patrotic mind would campaign for our 4 refineries to be fixed to produce to commercial capacity. That alone coupled with stable power supply will eradicate subsidy.

Going by your submission for some days now, you seem to have a stake in all of these...

Whatever the case may be, let us just have indigenous refineries that will eventually put a stop to this subsidy saga, we don't have any business importing fuel.. It is only a ploy to enrich some people.... That should be our campaign and not this fuel price increase shenanigans. It is already tough for the masses.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 17, 2019
ORACLE1975:
;DLet the landing cost be anything you choose to tell us. Why do we import fuel? . What happened to our refineries?. How much did Nigeria spend in the turn around maintenance of the oil facilities. Your government earlier denied paying for subsidies and later accepted it. That's fraud and corruption. All the nails Goodluck Jonathan received from the APC on these issues, are we better now. The petroleum industry in Nigeria is a big fraud and that's why all bills to tame the tide in the industry has been successful. Fellow countrymen and women arise in furious anger and let's occupy Nigeria now because leprous hands is now manifesting. Enough is enough.

God bless Goodlock Ebele Jonathan

1.We import fuel because subsides prevent marketers from making a profit.

There was a reason why GEJ wanted to remove subsides....but you Nigerians won't let him.

2.In 2016, landing cost was N132, fuel price was N87.

Crude oil price was below $40 per barrel, we needed it at $120 and above to have a healthy budget.

As a result government raised prices to N145. Subsidy was ended for the moment...UNTil landing costs went up to N150 and above...and subsidy came back via underrecovery

(So long as government sets prices, there is a subsidy....that's why I did not beleive Bubu when he said subsidy had gone. If it had gone.. why was government setting prices?)

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Gandollaar(f): 11:13am On Apr 17, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
shut the Bleep up and shove your i told you so up your nasty butthole.

the cameroonian thief would have done worse. and no one regretted voting him out.

how much your beloved pdp met fuel and how much did they leave it.
And then the undertaker, the lifeless Sudanese made a bad situation worse. From change to next level poverty.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by searchlight: 11:17am On Apr 17, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
shut the Bleep up and shove your i told you so up your nasty butthole.

the cameroonian thief would have done worse. and no one regretted voting him out.

how much your beloved pdp met fuel and how much did they leave it.
I was thinking all the zombies have acquired sense and are in deep retrospection until this one craws out of the gutter. it is because of animals like this one that the zoo will keep sinking. imagine exonerating a proven failure and stereotypically predicting an untested to fail. every sane Nigerian knows that this has been the worst government since the fourth republic except few zombies like this one
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by NinjaMetahuman: 11:19am On Apr 17, 2019
[s]
searchlight:
I was thinking all the zombies have acquired sense and are in deep retrospection until this one craws out of the gutter. it is because of animals like this one that the zoo will keep sinking. imagine exonerating a proven failure and stereotypically predicting and untested to fail. every same Nigerian knows that this has been the worst government since the fourth republic except few zombies like this one
[/s]brainless flat head

how much did pdp that atiku belonged to met petrol and how did they leave it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by searchlight: 11:23am On Apr 17, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
[s][/s]buhari is a ceremonial minister of oil. when last did you hear him make a decision concerning the ministry.

but i dont expect a dumb flat head like you to understand.
it is now proven beyond any doubt that Hausa/Fulani's aren't too blesses with senses. this one has no sense just like a typical Hausa man. buhari is too a ceremonial president while Abba kyari, isa fantua, and mommoh daura are the chief devotion makers and he's also a ceremonial APC leader while tinubu and oshomole and the real leaders. any wonder he rarely know about anything? no body should blame him as he's a ceremonial everything which we think he is so says the zombies
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by NinjaMetahuman: 11:25am On Apr 17, 2019
[s]
searchlight:
it is now proven beyond any doubt that Hausa/Fulani's aren't too blesses with senses. this one has no sense just like a typical Hausa man.
[/s]lemme know when you are ready to make sense, you descendant of of ape kingdom. cheesy

lemme know when you evolve. some apes have evolved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by barragan: 11:28am On Apr 17, 2019
These people are mad!! Don't you all know how to resign? If you feel the situation can't be helped, RESIGN!!!!
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by searchlight: 11:30am On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:

Whoever got voted in, whether Atiku or Buhari....would have had to increase prices for these reasons

1.Oil is below $80. We need it at $140 to run a debt free budget. We have been on loans for the last ten years because we have not been able to get oil where we want it to be.

2.Oil subsidy is stifling investment in the downstream sector and is making NNPC lose billions...which in turn means no new refineries, etc.

3.Corruption in the whole subsidy sector makes things worse.

4.Marketers cannot make a profit...so they smuggle and do all manner of sharp practices to earn money.

Now Atiku was talking of fuel at N90, Buhari wants the status quo ante. Either way, it would cost us millions in cash we don'tr have meaning more debts.

Somehow...something has to give.
are you stylishly saying that the zoo is irredeemable? we told you but you couldn't agree. soon it will be clear to everyone
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by paix(m): 11:31am On Apr 17, 2019
During GEJ, Bahuri never believed in subsidy. So, what's the fuss about it now?
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 17, 2019
searchlight:
are you stylishly saying that the zoo is irredeemable? we told you but you couldn't agree. soon it will be clear to everyone

No, I am saying that we have to run the petrol sector as a business...and stop paying subsidy

Yes, there would be hardship....BUT...investment would flow in, and things like new refineries, etc and more jobs will come in

In 2001...GSM came to Nigeria. GSM companies were charging prices as high as N20000 for SIM. Services were bad. Nigerians were crying ripoff, and calling on government to do something

Five years later....the huge profitts GSM companies made had been invested in better equipment, and so on. Service improved, more investors came, the market did its thing...SIM cards now cost N500.

EVEN if we split Nigeria....we still have to run away from subsides in the new countries, or the same issues would rear their head.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by searchlight: 11:39am On Apr 17, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Ebele Jonathan was a disaster! Please, don't bring him into this.
and you mother who brought you to this mother earth qlis a bigger disaster cus a gold circle would have done a great job and save Nigeria your stupidity
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by searchlight: 11:42am On Apr 17, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
[s][/s]brainless flat head

how much did pdp that atiku belonged to met petrol and how did they leave it?
and zombie you voted APC to continue the trend? may your life and that of your household be like Nigeria under Buhari
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by NinjaMetahuman: 11:50am On Apr 17, 2019
searchlight:
and zombie you voted APC to continue the trend? may your life and that of your household be like Nigeria under Buhari
amen

and may your life be like 16years of pdp.

if you fail amen to the above prayer.. you and all your family will die horrible death.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by komodapson(m): 11:50am On Apr 17, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
this kachikwu is a grade A failure

i remember the ediot telling us buying fuel for 145 is only temporary and in 6months plus everything will be back to normal. its almost 4years now.

the ediot also said he will quit if we are still importing fuel in 2019- he is telling us now that landing cos is 180.

i hope he is part of those that gets the stick in may.

uselessness extraordinaire.

He is not just an ediot...is a successful ediot
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Karemarealty288(m): 11:50am On Apr 17, 2019
This Dude is indirectly saying sell Nnpc. Why is Nnpc existing without refineries... Just like me exporting groundnut to import groundnut oil. #Sellnnpcnow
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by NinjaMetahuman: 11:52am On Apr 17, 2019
komodapson:

He is not just an ediot...is a successful ediot
but a loser and a failure at what they employed him to do.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by grandstar(m): 11:54am On Apr 17, 2019
tactius:
Tine to accept facts....SUBSIDY HAS TO GO

Landing cost N180
FuEL IN Nigeria: N142-147
Fuel in Niger Republic: N398
Fuel in Benin (oil producer) N298

Amount of oil we produce in our 3 working refineries 5-6MILLION liters/day
Actual daily need 54 million liters per day
Last refinery was built in 1988

Subsidies aggravate fiscal imbalances, crowd-out priority public spending, and depress private investment, including in the energy sector. Subsidies also distort resource allocation by encouraging excessive energy consumption, artificially promoting capital-intensive industries, reducing incentives for investment in renewable energy, and accelerating the depletion of natural resources. Most subsidy benefits are captured by higher-income households, reinforcing inequality.

Ed Dolan, Why Fuel Subsidies are Bad for Everyone

Sorry Nigeria....but we cannot continue paying scammers, and smugglers, and a few rich guys millions of dollars for cheap prices...when there is a better way out of Egypt.

MODIFIED....Read the article linked above...Why fuel subsides are bad for everyone...and you will see why we should have removed subsides since 2006...if not since 1993.

So true about the benefits of fuel subsidy removal but perish the thought of it happening under a left leaning populist with zero understanding of economics with a "I don't want people suffer" philosophy to power

Nigeria by now should the refining capital of Africa, probably refining as much as 3m barrels a day and exporting the bulk. Rather, the opposite exist today with Nigeria being a bulk importer of almost all the refined fuels it uses. Nigeria by the way actually exports petrol through rampant smuggling of subsidised petrol from Nigeria to neighbouring countries. This mans these neighbours are enjoying Naija government money

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by SarkinYarki: 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2019
God will use this impending fuel increase to oust Buhari In Jesus Name..The evil useless man has pushed Nigerians too much
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by chronique(m): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
Get ready for another increment in fuel.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by bigpicture001: 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
coolfredo:
I own a filling station, landing as at last week i sent for product was 138 naira with transportation to my station was 142 naira right now we are selling at 150 per liter now yesterday Department of Petroleum Resources came and seal our station because we sale above 145 approved price. Pls how is it possible to buy at 142 m sale at 145?

Very possible becuz u don't sel one litre...u sell hundreds of thousands of litres....5 naura multiplied by say 132000 liters is 924000 almost one million u make in say 2nd half weeks...is de not ok....yes we know us a private biz man and would like more..but remember we are all in die country 2geda nd mny can't even feed....

U would b a big fat liar if u say govt gave an opening to sell upto 147 but u sell at 145 at this period of scarcity... .so u actually make 4naira perlite and not 3 naira
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by VolvoS60(m): 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
grandstar:

So true about the benefits of fuel subsidy removal but perish the thought of it happening under a left leaning populist with zero understanding of economics with a "I don't want people suffer" philosophy to power

Nigeria by now should the refining capital of Africa, probably refining as much as 3m barrels a day and exporting the bulk. Rather, the opposite exist today with Nigeria being a bulk importer of almost all the refined fuels it uses. Nigeria by the way actually exports petrol through rampant smuggling of subsidised petrol from Nigeria to neighbouring countries. This mans these neighbours are enjoying Naija government money

^^^
The rhetoric about fuel subsidy removal doesn't tell the full story.

Yes indeed there is a subsidy on imported fuel. But is there a subsidy on locally refined fuel? I asked this question of the fellow you quoted on another thread but I didn't get an answer.

The subsidy on imported refined fuel over the last decade could easily have paid for new refineries several times over. Those refineries could be leased to private hands to manage under any one of a number of arrangements - since we all agree that Nigerian government cannot successfully manage a chicken coop (that's a discussion for another day). Why is this not under consideration?
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by VolvoS60(m): 12:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
The landing cost of 1 litre of imported petrol right now is about 180 Naira. Throw in distribution costs and other costs and the cost of 1 litre of imported petrol rises to almost 200 Naira. So we all agree there is a subsidy.

But what is the cost of producing 1 litre of locally refined petrol? Is it 10 Naira? 50 Naira? 100 Naira? 150 Naira? 200 Naira? We need to know to compare! If it costs (let's say) 50 Naira to refine 1 litre of fuel in Warri (all costs factored in - distribution costs, etc.) and petrol is sold at 145 Naira per litre at the pump head - then there is no subsidy on locally refined petrol!

If there is no subsidy on locally refined fuel then it raises uncomfortable questions about why we have not focused on improving local refining capacity - difficult questions that some people do not want to answer...

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by coolfredo(m): 12:40pm On Apr 17, 2019
bigpicture001:

Very possible becuz u don't sel one litre...u sell hundreds of thousands of litres....5 naura multiplied by say 132000 liters is 924000 almost one million u make in say 2nd half weeks...is de not ok....yes we know us a private biz man and would like more..but remember we are all in die country 2geda nd mny can't even feed....

U would b a big fat liar if u say govt gave an opening to sell upto 147 but u sell at 145 at this period of scarcity... .so u actually make 4naira perlite and not 3 naira
how many weeks will it take u to sale one truck of product which is 33000 lits no light we are using gen we pay staff. 145 - 142 = 3 . Then 3 × 33000 lits is how much sir ? I sale one truck in a month sir i use 250 lits of desiel in month at 200 naira per lit sir i pay staff each 15k a month i have 4 of them. Now calculate my profit again for me
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 17, 2019
APC (next level).......e ni ku're ooo......

Now playing DEM BOBO by FEMI KUTI

Yesterday, Dem tell us sey
Sey today, na we go gain
So we struggle, suffer dey
For this new democratic change
But the truth of the matter be sey
Dem disguise another way
To continue their crooked ways
Oh Yes! Dem bobo!
Dem bobo your mama!
Dem bobo your papa!
Dem bobo your mama!
Dem bobo your papa!
Dem bobo your grandmama!
Dem bobo your grandpapa!
Dem bobo the market women!
Dem bobo you journalist!
The human right activists!
In the name of democracy!
Dem bobo your mama ahahaha ahaha!
For tomorrow, they make us wait
Then again, we wait in vain
So many troubles in the rain
To make this a proper mighty change
But the truth of the matter be sey
Dem disguise another way
To continue their crooked ways

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Segeshow: 12:42pm On Apr 17, 2019
If you can, please leave this cursed contraption . Evil men thriving off greed and poverty . They deliberately sabotage efforts to overhaul the refineries.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by Derajeth(m): 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2019
coolfredo:
I own a filling station, landing as at last week i sent for product was 138 naira with transportation to my station was 142 naira right now we are selling at 150 per liter now yesterday Department of Petroleum Resources came and seal our station because we sale above 145 approved price. Pls how is it possible to buy at 142 m sale at 145?

You're greedy.Is 3 Naira per litre profit not enough?
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by onyxo76(m): 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2019
So indirectly you're telling us to expect price very soon
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu by grandstar(m): 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
The rhetoric about fuel subsidy removal doesn't tell the full story.

Yes indeed there is a subsidy on imported fuel. But is there a subsidy on locally refined fuel? I asked this question of the fellow you quoted on another thread but I didn't get an answer.

The subsidy on imported refined fuel over the last decade could easily have paid for new refineries several times over. Those refineries could be leased to private hands to manage under any one of a number of arrangements - since we all agree that Nigerian government cannot successfully manage a chicken coop (that's a discussion for another day). Why is this not under consideration?

What you wrote indicates you're part of the problem. You seem to want cheap fuel. You can't have the two. Either you want the complete removal of fuel subsidy or you don't.

The removal may mean the price will rise very high or not. Any expectation of a cheap price should be thrown out through the window.

To have an idea how much petrol will cost, check the prices of diesel and kerosene as they are not subsidized.

Dangote said that his refinery will save Otedola N26 per litre. This statement is neither here nor there as international fuel price is volatile.

It's not the job of the government to build refineries. That's a private sector venture. Dangote's daily refining capacity can satisfy the entire country with a lot available for export.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mother Of Four, Brother-In-Law Set Ablaze By Angry Lagos Husband / President Buhari Participates At Nigerian Army Trooping In Abuja (Pictures) / It’s Treasonable To Deploy Nigerian Army To Niger Without Senate Approval — MBF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.