Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,184 members, 7,880,691 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:40 AM

Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed (14660 Views)

I Caught My Husband Red - Handed With My Friend - Wife / Check Out My Son @1 / Female Bank Manager Caught Red Handed By Husband In Bed With Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by kokoye(m): 10:05pm On Sep 16, 2010
You can all see the problems our silly culture and traditions have created and continue to.

You want to affect your child's mental faculty because some culture said he is abnormal.

My parents tried to change me from left to right when I was young ( despite the fact that my caucasian teacher said not to) and it affected me for a while.

It is high time we start saying NO to all these silly cultural beliefs and superstitions. My son is also a leftie and he rocks!

Our lives and country will be better for it.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by bawomolo(m): 11:11pm On Sep 16, 2010
savages like you shouldn't raise kids.

what next, your daughter wears blue and you want to force her to wear pink?
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by leye1234(m): 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2010
@poster
I suspect that you might be mildly retarded. The good Lord blessed you with a "normal" child and you have nothing better to complain about but this? Bro, count your blessings and keep on stepping. grin
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by GBT(m): 11:43pm On Sep 16, 2010
Some researchers claim that left handed people are more intelligent and eloquent than their right-handed counterparts. In tests conducted by Dr. Alan Searleman from St Lawrence University in New York, he found that left-handers can be considerably more intellectually gifted

This statement is the truth and there are so many instance to back this up and i have couple of them too.
Rather than been bother u ought to be happy ,pray for the little angel and do evrything possible to assist/aid and encourage his development rather than ending to be the clog in the wheel of progress of ur future!
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by justwise(m): 11:50pm On Sep 16, 2010
@op,

Please leave that child alone, what you are trying to do now was done to me, i was laughted at, forced to eat with right hand, they made it look as if left handedness is some sort of curse, i lost my confident cos of it, i have to do things the hard way.

Now i write with right hand but does everything else with left, trust me, its hard, my hand writing is rubbish cos they forced me to cheat the nature.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by suedoh2006(m): 12:14am On Sep 17, 2010
Cut the left hand off and he go start to use right hand if that's your wish.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by kliverpool(m): 2:34am On Sep 17, 2010
Pls let don't change it there is nothing wrong with using left hand
i was using Left hand to do things way back but they force me to change
i feel if they had left me alone i would have probably be a better person now
cos i still fill comfortable with my left when i am doing some things

i have a Son who is 7month now and he has started showing sign that he prefer to hold things
with left hand.I told my wife to leave him alone cos that's how God want it
you are not God so let the boy be.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by iHustle(m): 3:41am On Sep 17, 2010
"My son is now 17months old and I observe that he always prefers picking things with his left hand even when eating. Also, when I try to give him something he stretches out the left hand first. In addition, when handling things, he has firmer grip with his left hand than his right hand. I dont know if he is left handed cos he is ma first child and please if he is how do I make him right handed."

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. - Confucius
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by beespak7(m): 4:18am On Sep 17, 2010
kini big deal with been left handed
Bill clinton the former u.s.a president is left handed even obama is left handed me i dont see any thing wrong there oh. These days cutleries , instruments and equipments are also made for lefty people.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by okeymadu(m): 5:06am On Sep 17, 2010
@OP. Your child is perfectly OK. My sister's first child (a female) had a similar issue. When she staarted school. She will pass her biro and pencil to her left hand evrything given to her goes to her left hand aand somehow she gained mastery of the use of left hand.
When she became 2yrs 6mnths I decided to. Start forcing her to use right hand and started monitoring now.
Take it easy with ur child and always insist she collects and uses her right hand without damaaging her confidence.
Have a nice evening.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Echidime(m): 6:15am On Sep 17, 2010
SOME PEOPLE ARE REALLY STUPID,WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR CHILD BE HE FIRST OR LAST BEEN LEFT HANDED? OBAMA IS LEFT HANDED,HE IS WISE,INTTELLIGENT,AND PRESIDENT TODAY. DESMOND ELLIOT YOU SAW ON THE SCREEN EVERYDAY IS LEFT HANDED.

IF YOU WANT THAT CHILD TO BE WHAT GOD HAS BROUGHT HIM ON EARTH TO BE,LET HIM BE,FORCING THE WORK OF GOD IN HIS LIFE WILL BE STOPING HIS DESTINY BY FORCE,LEFT HANDED KIDS ARE VERY INTTELLIGENT,AND THOSE WHOSE OVER KNOWING PARENTS TRY TO CHANGE END UP BEEN CONFUSE IN LIFE.

IF YOU LOVE YOUR SON,LET HIM BE.YOUR PARENTS DID NOT FORCE YOU TO BE RIGHT HANDED WHY DOYOU THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO FORCE HIM TO BE LIKE YOU? OR YOU KNOW MORE THAN GOD?
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Ranoscky(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2010
Quote from @BoredAtwor: "MAY I ASK WHY YOU WANT TO MAKE HIM RIGHT HANDED"

Op, do u have a reasonable answer to d question above? ^  undecided  (If yes, for whatever reason) Den. . .
What would be your answer to dis question? . . Qoute from @Redsky: "Left hand or right what is d difference- is your son not a human being?" I know u want to change your left handed son to a right hander, so dat he can also be as same with d society (of which not all R right handed, buh majority of d society R). But mind u, Even doz right handers R created by God, likewise your son also. So i see no reason y u want to change what God has created. R u now sayin dat God made a mistake by makin your son a left hander? undecided Is your son d only human being usin left hand? undecided

Tell u what? Even b4 your existence in dis world, God has already ordained u on what u would be in d future b4 u wia born. Let me ask u a question. . . If God destine's u to be a Billionaire in your future, n som1 try's to stop u from reachin your Billionaire destiny, would u be happy? undecided

If yes, den go ahead n change your son to right hander!!! (of which i know u can "NEVER" say "YES"wink
"Leave your son alone", u don't know what God has destined him to b'com in his future with his left handed!!!

Okwu Onum!
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by princekevo(m): 8:15am On Sep 17, 2010
I don't know if he is left handed cos he is ma first child and please if he is how do I make him right handed.

Find a very big stone or Iron, tie it to his left hand for weeks to make it heavier for him to use it. For those weeks he will find it easier to use his right hand until he get used to it.

That is an archaic solution to your archaic problem. grin grin grin
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by fender(m): 8:23am On Sep 17, 2010
U CAN AS WELL CUT OFF THE LEFT HAND AND LEAVE THE RIGHT. DOES THAT MAKE U HAPPY NOW? SEE UR MOUTH shocked shocked GO ASK THEM FOLKS THAT DON'T HAVE AT ALL. ABEG NEXT ISSUE JARE!!
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by ivydearie: 8:41am On Sep 17, 2010
intelligent people are left handed
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by wales(m): 8:41am On Sep 17, 2010
Is there anything bad in someone been left handed
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by babyme1(f): 8:42am On Sep 17, 2010
timmy2409:

More famous left-handed people:

Lady Gaga
Justin Bieber
Bob Dylan
Eminem
Neil Armstrong
Buzz Aldrin
Jack The Ripper
J.F. Kennedy
Bill Gates
Alexander the Great
Marie Curie
Angelina Jolie
Tom Cruise
Leonardo

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 17, 2010
There is nothing bad about it
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by bidemi12(m): 9:16am On Sep 17, 2010
HAAAAA!! if i were you i will try and change him fast. dont you know what left handed people are known for? let me quickly draw up a list for you. (i want to see which retard will fall for this)
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by IyaBasira: 9:38am On Sep 17, 2010
I am left handed and my mother often reminds me of the trauma I went through with my father because I was left handed. To make me use my right hand, my dad shouted, screamed, and threatened me with the cane. My mother on the other hand would beg him to leave me alone. But all the flogging apparently didn't work because I'm still using my left hand.
In my first day at secondary school, I was told to write down all the notes I had missed because I came late. And some of the students gathered round to see me writing because most of them had never seen a lefty before.
Like someone said, God made the left hand and made the right hand as well. Just accept it.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2010
While peeps like me are wishing for a left handed kid, you re there moaning.
You can go and drown him, God will provide another one.
Ingrate!!!
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by seyibrown(f): 11:36am On Sep 17, 2010
If it bothers you so much, why not encourage him to use the right hand along with his left. When he is old enough to understand explain to him what people think about being left-handed. He will not regret being ambidextrous (being able to use both left and right)!

My Mum suceesfully stopped me from using my left hand but never understood why I always wrung clothes the other way round. I had to write L and R on my hands when I was taking driving lessons too. I use my right hand but still think left! Can still manage to write with my left hand but not as good as my right now!
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by anitabest(f): 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2010
aydoth:

The best way of making him right-handed is to simply cut off the left hand
grin grin grin grin grin grin, mad boy.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Bavarian: 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2010
I am a lefty as well, the greatest people on earth are lefty, believe me smiley
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by zmurda(m): 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2010
I'm left handed.

My mum, due to her own beliefs made me write with my right hand. Now I'm ambi dexterous.

But basically in all things, I use my left hand. Being left handed doesn't affect anything.

It's in the muslim world left handedness is regarded as a big issue. However, the Christian bible is heavily biased towards being right handed

http://www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk/lefty_myths.html#4
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by sylve11: 12:50pm On Sep 17, 2010
stupid thread embarassed cool
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by bece: 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2010
My daughter is 4 and she is left handed she finds it very difficult to use her right hand. She eats eba with her left hand so there is no big deal,her older brother is just worried and kept on asking mummy which hand will this girl use to clean her bum when she gets older?that makes me confused too
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by seyibrown(f): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2010
bece:

My daughter is 4 and she is left handed she finds it very difficult to use her right hand. She eats eba with her left hand so there is no big deal,her older brother is just worried and kept on asking mummy which hand will this girl use to clean her bum when she gets older?that makes me confused too

Whichever hand she uses to clean her bum must be washed thoroughly! Most women use their right hands to clean the focal places (and during menses) but still eat with it, don't they? So why is the back passage an exception? Explain the importance of washing both hands thoroughly to your boy and girl, no matter what is done with it!
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Ranoscky(m): 4:26pm On Sep 17, 2010
^
It doesn't matter what hand my sister, so long as both hands r thoroughly washed clean after use!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Feminism Relevant In Nigeria Today? / Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? / What Factors Should A Family Consider When Hiring A Househelp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.