Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,676 members, 7,885,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:32 PM

Pregnancy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnancy (1369 Views)

What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies / Wife Loses Pregnancy Of Two Months After Rape By Pastor-husband / He Is Not Comfortable About His Mum's Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnancy by Nobody: 5:12am On May 01, 2007
Why get pregnant when not ready to start a family?
Re: Pregnancy by jgirl3: 5:16am On May 01, 2007
Personally, I'm against abortion.
Did you guys use the pregnancy as a ploy to keep you together?
I'm sure your parents might actually succumb to letting you get married because no one wants to have grandkids outside of their wedlock.

All that said, the big question is - are you ready for children? If yes, then go ahead.
Re: Pregnancy by uyai(f): 7:26pm On May 01, 2007
Please keep the baby. or do you want to kill to please your parents? parents love granchildren, when once they see that beautiful baby their minds will soften. The most important thing is fact that SHE IS THE ONE you want to be with. Do not leave your rib you, might never find a replacement.
Re: Pregnancy by kellorah: 7:31pm On May 01, 2007
if you're both not ready to raise a baby, PLEASE don't bring it into this world. sad
if u want to keep the baby, speak tour parents and if they still do not accept the fact u want to be with eachother for the rest of your lives, tell them you'd rather they disowned u!! angry
Re: Pregnancy by Chiori(m): 1:03am On Aug 05, 2007
forget the abortion option. keep the baby. you won't regret it.
Re: Pregnancy by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2007
Abortion? No way! shocked If your parents won't see eye-to-eye with you on this, then, go ahead and get married, with or without their blessing. It all depends on how much you want to be together.

Your parents won't be spending the rest of their lives with your wife, you will.
Re: Pregnancy by CrazyMan(m): 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2007
I won't advice you to make her comit abortion.
Abortion is murder, everyone should be given a right to live. You can bring a child into the world and then run away simply because you don't feel like becoming a father, or due to some problems on the side of the father or mother of the unborn child.

A man who runs away from his responsibilities isn't supposed to be called an man.
If she tells you she's pregnant, then be happy for her and get ready to become a father don't shy away.
You both did it together, so both of you should get ready to face reality.
Re: Pregnancy by Leilah(f): 12:16am On Aug 06, 2007
keep, I am a muslim (non practising) my husband is a christian (non practising) you tell her this. Get married in the offices just like we did no mosque no church. No point in aborting the baby do you think god would prefer that? I have a baby i will raise her and teach her islam and the choice will be hers. You have no idea what I went through, the whole muslim community were shocked! now they know its too late I will pay in the eyes of God/Allah. Its not going to be easy but know what if she loves you enough she will fight for it.
Re: Pregnancy by Esss(m): 1:07am On Aug 06, 2007
I'm not going to hit with all this touchy feely bull crap bout shying away from responsibility and abortion being murder and all that mambo jambo, No.

If I were in your shoes, I will weigh out my options properly.
>You said your peeps dont approve of the relationship, So bloody what?? I couldn't care less bout that whole sentimental, parents blessing, traditional stuff. If you really want to get married to the chick, ur parents are not, and should neva be an issue. As long as you are alright with the girl and vice versa, and the whole xtain/muslim thing dont bother both of u, then wat de hell are u waitin for??
>You used the word "hope", Does that mean you are have the financial wherewithal to take care of yourself and the lady? (i.e you are no longer dependent on daddy for money), if so, are you mentally, physically and emotionally ready to cope with the ups and downs of marriage?? if you are then I think it is only wise to keep the baby, get married and screw both your parents (i.e if the girl is also ready).
>Abortion. Firstly I have no problems with it at all (as long as it is done legally and carried out by qualified doctors/surgeons) . But I do believe that decision bout terminating a pregnancy should lie solely with the mother. So if you do decide to eject the kid, make sure the girl agrees to it and is comfortable with the idea.
>My guy it is your life you are talking bout, your parents have lived theirs, they can and should only advice you and not actually pattern you life. What if you miss out on what could have been the best decision of ur life simply becos ur peeps dont like muslims or hindus or wateva?? This is a totally new era, things have changed alot since their time.
>In wateva you do, dont use this pregnancy as a weapon/tool to gain the approval of your peeps, they are not worth it (NO DISRESPECT). If you must abort the pregnancy, let it be for a good reason and not becos of ur parents.

My opinion. cool
Re: Pregnancy by Njoy1(f): 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2007
The decision is yours.
Re: Pregnancy by Free(f): 10:21pm On Aug 06, 2007
abortion not good

like sumone said already every child is a blessin

so i say keep it grin
Re: Pregnancy by PTBNaija(f): 5:10am On Aug 07, 2007
Keep the baby. . .your Christian and her Muslim faith should tell you that abortion is wrong. It's killing another helpless life. Keep the baby, and just get married.
Re: Pregnancy by marlet01(m): 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2007
@ Poster

I know u are in a tight situation but I suggest u should try and keep the baby for the sake of your religion, abortion should be out of ur mind.

(1) (Reply)

It Is Present Day African Losing Family Values? / What Is The Best Thing You Have Ever Had? / Feeling Depressed And Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.