Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,730 members, 7,892,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 07:31 PM

Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. (6603 Views)

I Can't Forgive My Late Mummy And My Daddy / My Uncle Vowed Never To Help Me / I Can Never Forgive My Little Brother After What He Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by bukatyne(f): 9:53am On Apr 23, 2019
ikennamadu1:

What's your point.... You've just showed you hate the woman too...

Hate which woman
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 23, 2019
Theyoungmatron:

The embolden is rubbish. What do you mean "asking a pregnant woman to sweep"?Was she not supposed to do anything again because she is pregnant? What type of stupid entitled mentality is that? She shouldn't even be reminded to clean up if at all she was well brought up.

Her actions and inaction reeks of a premeditated plans to prejudice her inlaws for no reason .
What am i saying sef, the league of slay mamas won't see anything wrong with what she did.
So from everything I wrote up there, that is the only thing you could pick out? Lol

And use your brain next time.

Not every girl is a slay queen,probably like your girlfriends.
Read and comprehend so you won't be disgracing yourself up en down

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by bukatyne(f): 9:55am On Apr 23, 2019
UnFunmi:

Of all the people on this thread, you are the first to look at it from the wife's perspective. That's impressive.

My view is the wife's anger has to do with the fact that she was made to go through that in such conditions when the mother in law could have easily helped. He shouldn't invalidate his wife feelings by taking his Mom side. If possible, he should help her make peace with that incident and let his mom know in a peaceful way.

Thanks.

I don't think he should tell his mom though.

Just talk to the wife.

3 Likes

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by bukatyne(f): 9:59am On Apr 23, 2019
eyinjuege:

Ordinary 7 months pregnant? Is she still not bending down and touching her toes in her condition to receive the D?
How many minutes will it take to clean the broken pieces of glass mirror off the floor?
Did any Dr advice her not to bend down at all?
I sympathise with pregnant women, as I know how difficult it is to be pregnant, but that's not an excuse to start thinking stupidly even after delivery(I know the hormones can mess up some people's brain cells, but it normally goes back to normal after birth).
She's just trying to create a problem where there is none, and believe you me its joblessness that causes this type of thinking.
OP, does your wife work?
She should see women who's inlaws are giving them stress, and she would be grateful and do thanksgiving that her own MIL just asked her to clean up after herself.
Imagine if she was working, will she say she will never bend down at work for whatever reason? Is it even possible she never bends down at all in her own home?
Pregnancy is not a disease jare, but I understand it's a very stressful and difficult period.
However, old age is also a difficult time where all your bones ache, and all your joints are riddled with arthritis causing constant pain.
Pregnant or not, I won't allow my own mother sweep a mirror I broke off the floor, and I definitely won't take it personal if she asks me to sweep it so the shards dont cut my feet.

A man will grunt while carrying 12.5kg cylinder while lifting a 60kg woman like paper to his bed.

Whether she bent down to collect D or not is inconsequential.

I guess we look at things differently.

I will never allow a 7mth old pregnant woman sweep where I am irrespective of the story.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Theyoungmatron: 10:35am On Apr 23, 2019
MatthAnn:

So from everything I wrote up there, that is the only thing you could pick out? Lol

And use your brain next time.

Not every girl is a slay queen,probably like your girlfriends.
Read and comprehend so you won't be disgracing yourself up en down
lipsrsealed
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by grandstar(m): 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2019
jombo21:
I got married to my wife 3 years ago and the marriage is blessed with a baby girl. My wife took in during courtship and we decided to take the relationship to the next level, i took her home to meet my mum and she fell in love with my wife at first sight. Few months after the introduction we got married. Since then all have been well with the marriage until i started noticing my wife's uncanny feelings towards my family (esp my mum and younger sis). Last week, my wife and my sis had a little misunderstanding which i tried to settle between both of them, one night before going to bed i called her up for a brief discussion hence settle the rift between them. During the discussion my wife bluntly told me that there was something my mum and sis did to her that she will never forgive and forget. I was shocked!! ( this is a woman i go to church with every Sunday).

I told her to tell me what my mother did to her and she said it happened 3 years ago when she was 7 months pregnant when visited my mother. She was holding a mirror, which mistakenly fell down and broke into pieces, my mum told her to get a broom and sweep the broken pieces of mirror which she did. Now, my wife's pain is that my mother is so wicked to have watched and allowed her to bend down and sweep with her 7 months pregnancy because of that my hates her.

I was shocked to the marrows, i am still in shock because my mum loves my wife so much, she prays for us and often call my wife to check up on her. Please women/mothers in the house i wish to know if my mum was wrong cos am so confused about this.

Your wife is being petty. She should grow up.

Please pamper and sweet talk her until she forgives. Just do it for the sake of peace in your house and family

Happy Married Life
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by eyinjuege: 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2019
bukatyne:

A man will grunt while carrying 12.5kg cylinder while lifting a 60kg woman like paper to his bed.

I will never allow a 7mth old pregnant woman sweep where I am irrespective of the story.

This is coming from a good place. An uncomplicated pregnancy shouldn't be so incapacitationg that a woman cannot sweep glass off the floor. She's not sweeping a whole compound to complain that she's bending down too much.
Drs advice women exercise while pregnant. Some pregnant sportswomen still play contact sports till later in their pregnancy. Female surgeons still operate while heavily pregnant, and some pregnant female drs still bend down to suture broken heads and what nots. These are procedures that takes 15 to 30minutes and atimes hours in some cases.
I'm sure same woman has bent down to clean and wash in her own home while still 7 months pregnant even far longer than the 5 minutes used to sweep glass off the floor.
I personally feel she was possibly pregnant with the first grandchild of her husbands family, and felt she should be worshipped and pampered by them.
Perhaps I take this stance because I have seen too many actively active women in late stages of pregnancy to be sympathetic to one who feels so entitled.

5 Likes

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 23, 2019
bukatyne:

that means you will be bathing your wife every time grow up
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 23, 2019
grandstar:

Your wife is being petty. She should grow up.

Please pamper and sweet talk her until she forgives. Just do it for the sake of peace in your house and family

Happy Married Life
no it's the man's wife that should rather go and apologize to her mother in-law for having grudges against her in spite of the love been showed to her

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by elmagnifico411(m): 1:33pm On Apr 23, 2019
Bluette:
u have to sit her down and talk her into forgiving your mother, beg her and apologise on behalf of your mother. Apart from her bending which could be so difficult due to her big stomach, she might at that time be experiencing some pain or discomfort which could cause the mirror dropping from her hand. My sister pregnancy wasn't easy at all, she had to even live with us cos of d husband's busy schedule, as old as my mum is, she was worried for her case because it's pain after pain for her till few days to delivery, so imagine her breaking a mirror and my mum asking her to sweep, that is wickedness! yes, your mum may not know how she's feeling from d inside especially d first pregnancy ish, but u can't judge her by saying she's a Christian blablabla. She was seriously hurt and most "hurt" from people we love or we r close to pain a lot. I think God wants it to be settled that's y she voiced out, and u are in the best position to say sorry. I guess if it was ur father, she wouldn't have been angry, I think she's angry because ur mum is a woman who knows how pregnancy is.
aunty, what is wickedness in asking her to sweep the mirror she broke? Was she not even supposed to make a move towards sweeping It before she was asked to do so? You people overrate this pregnancy kini like we don't see them everywhere.. abeg jare, the woman did nothing to her. There's nothing here to forgive. She should work on herself before irreparable. Some one that cannot even apologize when she goes wrong? A friend's wife still served us rice on easter Sunday and put to bed yesterday, and nothing extra happened.

Now to the husband, hows your wife's family background? You know most of us are functions of our background. U no check well before u fall in love.

If that your wife refused to change, being happy might be very hard for u.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by grandstar(m): 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2019
otuekong1:

no it's the man's wife that should rather go and apologize to her mother in-law for having grudges against her in spite of the love been showed to her

Life is not straight black and white. At times, even when she's on the wrong, pet and pamper her. Even say sorry. With time, she'll realise that she's wrong.

Jesus was very patient with his disciples. They were always quarreling amongst themselves who was the greatest amongst them even on the night he was going to be arrested! Rather than vex, he urged them to be like children who were humble.

With time, the disciples got the sense of what he said and changed.

Apostle Paul urged husband's trear their wives the way Jesus treats the congregation.

Her behavior maybe due to immaturity and with time, with kind sweet words, she'll realise she's wrong.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2019
grandstar:

Life is not straight black and white. At times, even when she's on the wrong, pet and pamper her. Even say sorry. With time, she'll realise that she's wrong.

Jesus was very patient with his disciples. They were always quarreling amongst themselves who was the greatest amongst them even on the night he was going to be arrested! Rather than vex, he urged them to be like children who were humble.

With time, the disciples got the sense of what he said and changed.

Apostle Paul urged husband's trear their wives the way Jesus treats the congregation.

Her behavior maybe due to immaturity and with time, with kind sweet words, she'll realise she's wrong.
I understands you,the man needs to settle her sister or any relative staying them n let them leave if not the wife will causing problem when there is none and he needs not behave like a weakling
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by armyofone(m): 8:04pm On Apr 23, 2019
Maybe she feared the broken glasses would have struck her belly grin
Op as the matured one, you should tell her you are sorry on behalf of mama. Make sure families on both side are staying short term cuz looks like your madam like peace.
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Bluette(f): 7:16am On Apr 24, 2019
elmagnifico411:
aunty, what is wickedness in asking her to sweep the mirror she broke? Was she not even supposed to make a move towards sweeping It before she was asked to do so? You people overrate this pregnancy kini like we don't see them everywhere.. abeg jare, the woman did nothing to her. There's nothing here to forgive. She should work on herself before irreparable. Some one that cannot even apologize when she goes wrong? A friend's wife still served us rice on easter Sunday and put to bed yesterday, and nothing extra happened.

Now to the husband, hows your wife's family background? You know most of us are functions of our background. U no check well before u fall in love.

You are not there and he wasn't there too, so no one knew the exact tone or attitudes that went down there. He married his wife, He knew about her character and He's the only one that can find a way to solve it. This is just a fragment of his married life, so u can't judge anyone with that. In Marriage a lot happens, so if it's sorry that will bring peace, then let it be and He should continue to pray for her, I will tell that to a woman whose husband misbehaved too.
I laugh at seeing "pregnancy everywhere" ask few and let them tell u what they passed thru especially their first pregnancy. Some pregnancy are so easy while some are crazy.
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by jaady: 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2019
jombo21:
I got married to my wife 3 years ago and the marriage is blessed with a baby girl. My wife took in during courtship and we decided to take the relationship to the next level, i took her home to meet my mum and she fell in love with my wife at first sight. Few months after the introduction we got married. Since then all have been well with the marriage until i started noticing my wife's uncanny feelings towards my family (esp my mum and younger sis). Last week, my wife and my sis had a little misunderstanding which i tried to settle between both of them, one night before going to bed i called her up for a brief discussion hence settle the rift between them. During the discussion my wife bluntly told me that there was something my mum and sis did to her that she will never forgive and forget. I was shocked!! ( this is a woman i go to church with every Sunday).

I told her to tell me what my mother did to her and she said it happened 3 years ago when she was 7 months pregnant when visited my mother. She was holding a mirror, which mistakenly fell down and broke into pieces, my mum told her to get a broom and sweep the broken pieces of mirror which she did. Now, my wife's pain is that my mother is so wicked to have watched and allowed her to bend down and sweep with her 7 months pregnancy because of that my hates her.

I was shocked to the marrows, i am still in shock because my mum loves my wife so much, she prays for us and often call my wife to check up on her. Please women/mothers in the house i wish to know if my mum was wrong cos am so confused about this.

All pregnancies are not the same, some people carry their babies high, meaning at 7months, bending down to use a broom is impossible. I had my hubby help with my shoelaces at that time, I was strong could clean the house, but I had to invest in longhand brushes, so I can clean without having to bend to the floor (which was impossible by the way, except I have to kneel down to use a broom, and that was downright discomforting and getting back up was an issue. The fact in life is those past incidents are only remembered by those on the receiving end. So your mum is bound to have forgotten about it. Whatever relationship your wife shares with your mother depends on how you handle matters that crop up between them. There are times you need to be stern with your wife, and other times you will need to be stern with your mother. It is your duty to draw up boundaries. Not every woman is meek and humble, you knew this is who she is before you married her, so figure a way to handle her.
some of the ladies commenting here with righteous indignation will have some serious flaws that they might not accept. Everyone is flawed. Let your sister treat your wife with respect and respect her space. Fact is if your marriage crumbles today, she will soon enough start her own home and not give a care about you. Hold your home together. Your wife is better off as a friend to you than an ally. If you make her feel she is competing with your family, then that is the beginning of a host of problems you will need divine intervention to solve

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 24, 2019
Mtcheeeeeew. I even thought we'll be learning about a hot family secret., but nah

Just a wife whining about having to sweep.

If she had a stressful pregnancy or was feeling sick that day, she could have told your mum she can't. How on earth can someone have a grudge against another person just because of this incident? And that for THREE freaking years.

5 Likes

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by CoolJul: 4:40pm On Apr 24, 2019
u wife has ogbaje.
an unforgiving woman can kill! + a prideful one at that.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by jombo21: 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2019
Easy sir/ma, there is nothing like ogbanje
CoolJul:
u wife has ogbaje.

an unforgiving woman can kill! + a prideful one at that.

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by egojeny1(f): 5:45pm On Apr 24, 2019
jaady:

All pregnancies are not the same, some people carry their babies high, meaning at 7months, bending down to use a broom is impossible. I had my hubby help with my shoelaces at that time, I was strong could clean the house, but I had to invest in longhand brushes, so I can clean without having to bend to the floor (which was impossible by the way, except I have to kneel down to use a broom, and that was downright discomforting and getting back up was an issue. The fact in life is those past incidents are only remembered by those on the receiving end. So your mum is bound to have forgotten about it. Whatever relationship your wife shares with your mother depends on how you handle matters that crop up between them. There are times you need to be stern with your wife, and other times you will need to be stern with your mother. It is your duty to draw up boundaries. Not every woman is meek and humble, you knew this is who she is before you married her, so figure a way to handle her.
some of the ladies commenting here with righteous indignation will have some serious flaws that they might not accept. Everyone is flawed. Let your sister treat your wife with respect and respect her space. Fact is if your marriage crumbles today, she will soon enough start her own home and not give a care about you. Hold your home together. Your wife is better off as a friend to you than an ally. If you make her feel she is competing with your family, then that is the beginning of a host of problems you will need divine intervention to solve
Thanks darling. Love ur write-up like mad.
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by ImaIma1(f): 8:39pm On Apr 24, 2019
sisisioge:
Your wife is such a brat! no vex! So if her mom had asked her to sweep at 9month, she would hold it against her forever? No be her fault, the women who handle their chores all through pregnancies by themselves don't have more than 1 head! Iranu. You better embrace Christianity more...at least it helps reform peoples had behavior.

Whew...no vex fa.

The truth is that her own mum wouldn't have asked her to sweep it and her MIL wouldn't have asked her own daughter to sweep it. Things like this hurt women.

My close friend had a very difficult pregnancy that she was on drip for almost 7months and bedridden. She was in so much pain that her husband who is a doctor was considering taking it out. Her MIL's comment then was "are you the first person to get pregnant"? She cried ehn!

She still has it in mind though she has tried to let it go. Some MILs still don't see their DILs as their daughters.

After you don abuse the wife, you come say no vex. Continue
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Bojack(m): 5:29am On Apr 25, 2019
fieryy:
Mtcheeeeeew. I even thought we'll learning about a hot family secret., but nah

Just a wife whining about having to sweep.

If she had a stressful pregnancy or was feeling sick that day, she could have told your mum she can't. How on earth can someone have a grudge against another person just because of this incident? And that for THREE freaking years.
I tire oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by yvelchstores(f): 6:10am On Apr 25, 2019
bukatyne:

While I understand your wife's pain, she should forgive her and let go.

I doubt a biological mother would watch her 7 month pregnant daughter sweep shrads of glass off the floor.
my mother would even if the pregnancy is 9 months and some weeks. My mums water broke in her first pregnancy while she was pounding yam.

OP your wife is most likely very young... Don't tolerate her immaturity. So u either ignore her flimsy excuses against ur family or call her out straight. Which kind...

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 25, 2019
is your wife a teenager ?@op

she sounds teen over there...time will heal whatever grudges she had for her MIL..remember this is a life long contract.and your sis will soon be in her matrimonial home also,las las she will be alryt
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 25, 2019
bukatyne:

While I understand your wife's pain, she should forgive her and let go.

I doubt a biological mother would watch her 7 month pregnant daughter sweep shrads of glass off the floor.

the woman is even helping her by telling her to sweep...she is in her 2nd trimester and needs more exercise...even in the hospital,whenever she go for ante natal....pregnant women do lots of exercise singing,dancing,my head,my shoulder,MY KNEE, my toes..and she must touch her toes often and also jump.....the wife is very young..this is my guess

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Chommieblaq(f): 11:22am On Apr 25, 2019
bukatyne:

Thanks.

I don't think he should tell his mom though.

Just talk to the wife.

The wife is not just childish but wicked at heart from all he has written so far

He should better not tell his mom, or that family will never no peace again
How do you think the mom will take it, hearing that the wife was faking love since and holding grudges for 3 f**king years?
Or the sis hearing that foolish comment?
Jombo21, talk to your wife
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by CoolJul: 4:55am On Apr 29, 2019
jombo21:
Easy sir/ma, there is nothing like ogbanje

honestly her issue just make me vex, don't mind my choice of words, just literally...
Op pardon please.
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Jagaban880: 7:35pm On Apr 29, 2019
Bluette:
u have to sit her down and talk her into forgiving your mother, beg her and apologise on behalf of your mother. Apart from her bending which could be so difficult due to her big stomach, she might at that time be experiencing some pain or discomfort which could cause the mirror dropping from her hand. My sister pregnancy wasn't easy at all, she had to even live with us cos of d husband's busy schedule, as old as my mum is, she was worried for her case because it's pain after pain for her till few days to delivery, so imagine her breaking a mirror and my mum asking her to sweep, that is wickedness! yes, your mum may not kn
bless ke undecided

energize the guy joor........abi....u wan God to come down to earth ...to bless d guy ni undecidedow how she's feeling from d inside especially d first pregnancy ish, but u can't judge her by saying she's a Christian blablabla. She was seriously hurt and most "hurt" from people we love or we r close to pain a lot. I think God wants it to be settled that's y she voiced out, and u are in the best position to say sorry. I guess if it was ur father, she wouldn't have been angry, I think she's angry because ur mum is a woman who knows how pregnancy is.

bad wife spotted lipsrsealed

abeg define wickedness
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 30, 2019
jombo21:

You better tell her to let go of the grudge for her health and fertility
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by grafixdon: 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
There's no serious marital issues that's why she could remembered 3years incident. Assuming there's no food at home, baby is sick, landlord is knocking on the door for house rent, I bet she won't event remember such small incident.

I'm sure that woman is jobless too. Get her busy
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Affamefuna(m): 7:46am On May 01, 2019
UnFunmi:

Of all the people on this thread, you are the first to look at it from the wife's perspective. That's impressive.

My view is the wife's anger has to do with the fact that she was made to go through that in such conditions when the mother in law could have easily helped. He shouldn't invalidate his wife feelings by taking his Mom side. If possible, he should help her make peace with that incident and let his mom know in a peaceful way.
Which stupid condition? Y r u people talking like this? That a woman pregnant at 7months was asked to clean a glass she broke? Was it the mother in-laws that was supposed to clean it?
Y r u pple always talking as if pregnancy is now a disease or a condition to make one lazy and stupid.
Some of the comments I see here makes me wonder how some of u reason.
For the op, that wife of yours should pls stop acting childish and unreasonable except there is something else she's not telling u
Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by Affamefuna(m): 7:55am On May 01, 2019
elmagnifico411:

God bless you for this write up

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Wife Vowed Never To Forgive My Mother Because Of This.. by UnFunmi(m): 11:34am On May 01, 2019
Affamefuna:

Which stupid condition? Y r u people talking like this? That a woman pregnant at 7months was asked to clean a glass she broke? Was it the mother in-laws that was supposed to clean it?
Y r u pple always talking as if pregnancy is now a disease or a condition to make one lazy and stupid.
Some of the comments I see here makes me wonder how some of u reason.
For the op, that wife of yours should pls stop acting childish and unreasonable except there is something else she's not telling u

I obviously wasn't talking to you. I'm entitled to my opinion, vice versa. There's no point calling what you don't agree with "stupid". Let's respect each other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Narrates How Her Husband Raped Her Just Hours After Giving Birth (Pix) / Entries Open For Cussons Baby Moments Season 7 / Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.