Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:48 PM

Topic has need removed. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Topic has need removed. (1594 Views)

How We’re Removed From Plane Over ‘body Odour’ Complaints — Travellers / The Fish Statue At Abraham Adesanya Roundabout Lagos, Removed (Video) / The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Topic has need removed. by JejeNaija(m): 12:43am On Apr 26, 2019
Thanks I have gotten the answer I needed.
Re: Topic has need removed. by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 26, 2019
Fly bro. No wahala
Re: Topic has need removed. by JejeNaija(m): 1:29am On Apr 26, 2019
Shibaraba:
Fly bro. No wahala

Oh really, so its not going to affect my visa application?
Re: Topic has need removed. by BarrElChapo(m): 2:54am On Apr 26, 2019
angry
Re: Topic has need removed. by AAESO: 6:19am On Apr 26, 2019
Just dnt lie in your application,if question of arrest comes up say YES...u knw kill person and u didn't not jump bail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Topic has need removed. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:45am On Apr 26, 2019
If you could behave like this in a society where things are organised then I shudder to think how you would in a chaotic and lawless place like Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: Topic has need removed. by AngelicBeing: 8:22am On Apr 26, 2019
JejeNaija:
Sorry to disturb you guys with my ish but I just want to know about this issue. Some years back I was granted a student visa to the UK, it was a multi Visa which I really didn't know what that meant but I just new I had a visa.
During my time in the UK I had an issue with the Police for drunk driving after failing the breathalyzer test. I was banned from driving for a year and six months and given a fine of £200 which I paid.
However I didn't follow the ban because I continued driving but tried to be very careful and unfortunately after a long time almost a year since I was banned I got caught again and taken to court for driving while being banned. I had to lie at the court that as at the time they gave me the ban I didn't understand the English properly and I heard only six months so I didn't drive for six months and only started driving after six months. After considering my lie instead of taking me to jail or community service which was suppose to be the punishment, they placed me on one counselling program called "Think First" abi "Think Fast" one of them sha and its was suppose to be every Wednesday for one year.
I attended just twice and it was so boring that I felt like running crazy and imagined how I will attend such for a whole one year. It didn't make any sense to me so I stopped and still continued driving but I had a new code I used so I won't get caught and I never did till I left the UK.

Even while I was leaving I felt they will find out at the airport if they checked my passport details on their system but nothing of such and I had a smooth flight back to naija. Its been over five years now I left and I heard that after five years usually such records are wiped off the system because its not a major crime but I really don't know how true that is.

So please I just wanted to find out from the gurus in this forum if I apply for a visiting visa with this situation there would be any problem because I don't intend to stay in the UK again, I just want to be visiting and touring some of the places I miss a lot.
Two things cracked my ribs in your post, "THINK FIRST " and the second one which was the Wednesday classes imposed on you that you said was boring @ topic, be straightforward with your visa application, don't hide anything, it is better to say the truth and if your misdemeanor pops up on their system, and you are denied a visa (at least you have come out clean with them and can always reapply) than to lie , and they find out themselves, they will use British koboko laden with chilly pepper to flog your application out with further ban, honesty is always the best policy, visa acceptance or refusal is not the end of the world grin

3 Likes

Re: Topic has need removed. by JejeNaija(m): 10:52am On Apr 26, 2019
tensazangetsu20:
If you could behave like this in a society where things are organised then I shudder to think how you would in a chaotic and lawless place like Nigeria.

Please don't say what you don't know and keep your opinion to yourself if you can say anything meaningful.
In all I said if you think am not reasonable before doing certain things then go talk to people on your level and free my thread for a simple question. I won't exchange words with you because you probably don't know anything about the UK to make such comment.
Re: Topic has need removed. by JejeNaija(m): 11:01am On Apr 26, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Two things cracked my ribs in your post, "THINK FIRST " and the second one which was the Wednesday classes imposed on you that you said was boring @ topic, be straightforward with your visa application, don't hide anything, it is better to say the truth and if your misdemeanor pops up on their system, and you are denied a visa (at least you have come out clean with them and can always reapply) than to lie , and they find out themselves, they will use British koboko laden with chilly pepper to flog your application out with further ban, honesty is always the best policy, visa acceptance or refusal is not the end of the world grin

Yeah, you can imagine that kind of physiological punishment. What the hell is Think First just because of drunk driving. And the bad part is that I was drunk to stupor, I had just approximately one bottle of champagne to myself still very okay seeing very well but they said I failed the breathalyzer test. Just that ooo they gave me one year six months. Anyhow sha I love the encouragement so far and I will apply and tell the truth. Why I was scared is because sometimes I type my name on google and I will see the old news they had posted on their court case publication that year with all the people that were also given different punishments. But the fact that they didn't even find any fault in me while leaving was what surprised me and I was stamped out in peace.

1 Like

Re: Topic has need removed. by JejeNaija(m): 11:09am On Apr 26, 2019
AngelicBeing:

Sorry to say that class thing was really boring. Imagine first time I went the white guy was just asking me about my parents, my siblings, how much I miss them, if I go to see them regularly since I came to the UK, bla bla bla.
Second Wednesday, I sat there doing nothing for almost two hours. Finally the guy came and was asking me if I had spoken to my parents that day, if I had a girlfriend, if I am enjoying my stay in the UK, if I love travelling to other cities to have fun, bla bla bla.

Haba the guy was just messing me up psychologically and I knew it. So I had to press ahead. I was there two years after without any further police issue till I left.
Re: Topic has need removed. by AngelicBeing: 12:05pm On Apr 26, 2019
JejeNaija:

Sorry to say that class thing was really boring. Imagine first time I went the white guy was just asking me about my parents, my siblings, how much I miss them, if I go to see them regularly since I came to the UK, bla bla bla.
Second Wednesday, I sat there doing nothing for almost two hours. Finally the guy came and was asking me if I had spoken to my parents that day, if I had a girlfriend, if I am enjoying my stay in the UK, if I love travelling to other cities to have fun, bla bla bla.

Haba the guy was just messing me up psychologically and I knew it. So I had to press ahead. I was there two years after without any further police issue till I left.
Buhaha, your post made me to pour hot coffee on my body, no dull moment on Nairaland, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, Hian, those questions are actually boring but in all the brouhaha involved, they want you and other road users to be safe grin
Re: Topic has need removed. by KendrickAyomide: 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
cheesy you mumu die. Lmao
Re: Topic has need removed. by justwise(m): 1:01pm On Apr 26, 2019
JejeNaija:

Yeah, you can imagine that kind of physiological punishment. What the hell is Think First just because of drunk driving. And the bad part is that I was drunk to stupor, I had just approximately one bottle of champagne to myself still very okay seeing very well but they said I failed the breathalyzer test. Just that ooo they gave me one year six months. Anyhow sha I love the encouragement so far and I will apply and tell the truth. Why I was scared is because sometimes I type my name on google and I will see the old news they had posted on their court case publication that year with all the people that were also given different punishments. But the fact that they didn't even find any fault in me while leaving was what surprised me and I was stamped out in peace.

Any idea how many people that have died because of drink driving? That is so irresponsible thing to say.

They are only trying to save your life and that of other road users.

6 Likes

Re: Topic has need removed. by flourishing247: 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2019
justwise:

Any idea how many people that have died because of drink driving? That is so irresponsible thing to say.

That's the scariest part in his write up. I know someone that died cos a drunk driver hit him. The face that he couldn't even serve his punishment says a lot.

4 Likes

Re: Topic has need removed. by JejeNaija(m): 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2019
justwise:

I know that bro but I said I wasn't drunk in the first place. I had alcohol but I wasn't drunk so how they did their so called breathalyzer test that it came out saying I was so over the limit is just something else. Because it was night and I was coming out of a clue they just assumed I must have drank alot. I didn't have any argument and I followed every instruction as they told me. I left my car were it was parked along the road till the next morning because they had me sleep in a cell till the next morning I was taken to court. Even in the cell the police lady who got me food and hot chocolate had a good conversion with me she even got cigarettes for me and took me to a smoking area were we discussed for a while. She said I wasn't like someone who is drunk and I told her the breathalyzer showed otherwise and she just told me to relax myself and I will be out in the morning. 4am I was released and given papers to appear in a court on a certain day and I did that which was were they just banned me from driving for a year and six months.
Haba just like that? It wasn't right naaaaa. Trust me in as much as I didn't want to mention this the truth is that there was a bit of a racial play in all what happened and that was really what pissed me off the most.
Re: Topic has need removed. by JejeNaija(m): 2:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
flourishing247:

That's the scariest part in his write up. I know someone that died cos a drunk driver hit him. The face that he couldn't even serve his punishment says a lot.

Yeah true am not supporting drunk driving. Drunk driving isn't good but that doesn't mean one can't have a little alcohol and drive normal. I have been driving since I was 14years in Naija before even going to the UK and up till this very date of my life I have never recorded any accident in all thses years. That is only to show that am someone who is very careful about driving because I fear anything accident a lot.
Normally in the UK when am going out to where I know I will drink myself to stupor, I don't drive and I use taxis because they are available 24/7.
In all I don't want you guys to get the who picture wrong because I said drunk driving. People's body system differs because someone can take a bottle of lagar and get high while some can take much more and still be very normal. But when you fail the breathalyzer test you are tagged as drunk whether you are okay or not.
Re: Topic has need removed. by Lexusgs430: 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2019
JejeNaija:
Sorry to disturb you guys with my ish but I just want to know about this issue. Some years back I was granted a student visa to the UK, it was a multi Visa which I really didn't know what that meant but I just new I had a visa.
During my time in the UK I had an issue with the Police for drunk driving after failing the breathalyzer test. I was banned from driving for a year and six months and given a fine of £200 which I paid.
However I didn't follow the ban because I continued driving but tried to be very careful and unfortunately after a long time almost a year since I was banned I got caught again and taken to court for driving while being banned. I had to lie at the court that as at the time they gave me the ban I didn't understand the English properly and I heard only six months so I didn't drive for six months and only started driving after six months. After considering my lie instead of taking me to jail or community service which was suppose to be the punishment, they placed me on one counselling program called "Think First" abi "Think Fast" one of them sha and its was suppose to be every Wednesday for one year.
I attended just twice and it was so boring that I felt like running crazy and imagined how I will attend such for a whole one year. It didn't make any sense to me so I stopped and still continued driving but I had a new code I used so I won't get caught and I never did till I left the UK.

Even while I was leaving I felt they will find out at the airport if they checked my passport details on their system but nothing of such and I had a smooth flight back to naija. Its been over five years now I left and I heard that after five years usually such records are wiped off the system because its not a major crime but I really don't know how true that is.

So please I just wanted to find out from the gurus in this forum if I apply for a visiting visa with this situation there would be any problem because I don't intend to stay in the UK again, I just want to be visiting and touring some of the places I miss a lot.

I would guarantee you 100%, this DD offence would surely be flagged up.....

Which means, your visa would not be granted....... The punishment imposed on you, you claimed was boring and did not complete it.....

Why would they want to issue another visa, to another unrepentant perpetual alcoholic infused driver/applicant?....

They have enough drunk drivers and offenders to cope with.......

NB : Whoever lied to you that within 5 years, your records disappears, was probably drunk too.......
Your record stays with you for life..........

5 Likes

Re: Topic has need removed. by JejeNaija(m): 3:56pm On Apr 26, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I would guarantee you 100%, this DD offence would surely be flagged up.....

Which means, your visa would not be granted....... The punishment imposed on you, you claimed was boring and did not complete it.....

Why would they want to issue another visa, to another unrepentant perpetual alcoholic infused driver/applicant?....

They have enough drunk drivers and offenders to cope with.......

NB : Whoever lied to you that within 5 years, your records disappears, was probably drunk too.......
Your record stays with you for life..........

Shey I thought as much. Omo make them keep the visa jare. Australia all the way....
Thanks for this info, exactly what I was thinking.

However you should mind your use of words. I never mentioned in anywhere that I am a perpetual alcoholic. The fact that I said I kept driving didn't mean I kept driving under the influence of alcohol. My ban only came about four months when I just arrived the UK for the first time so obviously I didn't know about the breathalyzer stuff then. Mind the way you speak okay.
Re: Topic has need removed. by justwise(m): 4:28pm On Apr 26, 2019
JejeNaija:

I know that bro but I said I wasn't drunk in the first place. I had alcohol but I wasn't drunk so how they did their so called breathalyzer test that it came out saying I was so over the limit is just something else. Because it was night and I was coming out of a clue they just assumed I must have drank alot. I didn't have any argument and I followed every instruction as they told me. I left my car were it was parked along the road till the next morning because they had me sleep in a cell till the next morning I was taken to court. Even in the cell the police lady who got me food and hot chocolate had a good conversion with me she even got cigarettes for me and took me to a smoking area were we discussed for a while. She said I wasn't like someone who is drunk and I told her the breathalyzer showed otherwise and she just told me to relax myself and I will be out in the morning. 4am I was released and given papers to appear in a court on a certain day and I did that which was were they just banned me from driving for a year and six months.
Haba just like that? It wasn't right naaaaa. Trust me in as much as I didn't want to mention this the truth is that there was a bit of a racial play in all what happened and that was really what pissed me off the most.

You are obviously minimising this offence, consider yourself lucky if this offence goes unnoticed during your visa application.

1 Like

Re: Topic has need removed. by Lexusgs430: 5:16pm On Apr 26, 2019
JejeNaija:

Shey I thought as much. Omo make them keep the visa jare. Australia all the way....
Thanks for this info, exactly what I was thinking.

However you should mind your use of words. I never mentioned in anywhere that I am a perpetual alcoholic. The fact that I said I kept driving didn't mean I kept driving under the influence of alcohol. My ban only came about four months when I just arrived the UK for the first time so obviously I didn't know about the breathalyzer stuff then. Mind the way you speak okay.

You just added this extra statement o.... Did you just read between the lines..........
Re: Topic has need removed. by Lexusgs430: 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2019
JejeNaija:

Yeah true am not supporting drunk driving. Drunk driving isn't good but that doesn't mean one can't have a little alcohol and drive normal. I have been driving since I was 14years in Naija before even going to the UK and up till this very date of my life I have never recorded any accident in all thses years. That is only to show that am someone who is very careful about driving because I fear anything accident a lot.
Normally in the UK when am going out to where I know I will drink myself to stupor, I don't drive and I use taxis because they are available 24/7.
In all I don't want you guys to get the who picture wrong because I said drunk driving. People's body system differs because someone can take a bottle of lagar and get high while some can take much more and still be very normal. But when you fail the breathalyzer test you are tagged as drunk whether you are okay or not.

The highlighted unfortunately, is an indicative behaviour......

1 Like

Re: Topic has need removed. by JejeNaija(m): 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2019
Lexusgs430:

The highlighted unfortunately, is an indicative behaviour......

Well you are free to think the way you want. The most important thing was that you were able to say something I was trying to really confirm.
Re: Topic has need removed. by Lexusgs430: 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2019
JejeNaija:

Well you are free to think the way you want. The most important thing was that you were able to say something I was trying to really confirm.

Thank you, Boss.....
Re: Topic has need removed. by JejeNaija(m): 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Thank you, Boss.....

You welcome sir.
But let me clarify on something sir because I know maybe you be boss for UK now and you won't understand my own side.
First going to the UK was my first ever trip outside my state and I was 19 years old then. I didn't have or know anyone in the UK so it was just me going on my own and all I knew was just how to locate my school when I get there. It was from Heathrow straight to Leicester.
Now you can imagine the whole change of environment excitement and all wanting to flex like crazy because that was my hobby in naija which made my parents chase me out of naija. Two months into my stay my host family had a 406 she wanted to sell and the price was so cheap. Then she asked for £800 and 406 was still the official cars those FG workers were using in naija so I jumped on the offer without thinking twice. Now you can see how I got myself into trouble not really knowing about the drunk driving stuffs which happened two months after I got the car, so that's four months of just my stay in the UK.

Why I was still driving was because I was buying and selling cars as a side hustle since we were only allowed to work 20 hours a week. I had a part time job but then the pay wasn't anything so I do buy cars from autotrader and sell in my town. Buying cars from autotrader you know how it goes, I have to travel to different towns to pick up cars and bring to my town for sale and the business was moving really good.

So tell me how on earth I will leave such a business just because of one small ban that led to one yeye think first program.

Yes I had to have fun from time to time and fun requires some alcohol chilling, but then that wasn't my priority okay. So I will apply and see what happens and if the record comes out for that sort of petty issue, then so be it.

Don't forget that in everything the police and court did commend on my compliance with them all the way and my gentle attitude. Also I paid the fine attached to the first ban and for the think first program I gave them the car I was held with and told them to use it as my fine. The car was way more than the fine and they gladly accepted it.

1 Like

Re: Topic has need removed. by wane01(m): 9:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
The interviewer would actually make enquiry about your activities while you stayed in the UK and this would definitely come up . I don't know about anything getting deleted or erased and the final decision also depends on your disposition when you're asked about the incident .

Sadly the way you're trying to trivialise the offence won't help at all

2 Likes

Re: Topic has need removed. by SamReinvented: 12:52am On Apr 27, 2019
So, basically, throughout your stay in the UK, you DELIBERATELY and consistently disobeyed the rules and laws....and obviously still unrepentant about all you did.

You don't deserve visa to anywhere. Stay in your lawless Lagos and don't add to the number of people making it hard for the law-abiding and well-behaved Nigerian travellers.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Topic has need removed. by Nobody: 5:01am On Apr 27, 2019
I am not trying to be judgemental here but you sound very irresponsible. If you were lawless in the UK, I wonder how lawful you would be in Nigeria. SMH!

6 Likes

Re: Topic has need removed. by JejeNaija(m): 6:38am On Apr 27, 2019
PaulSimon2020:
I am not trying to be judgemental here but you sound very irresponsible. If you were lawless in the UK, I wonder how lawful you would be in Nigeria. SMH!

Sometimes I wonder the way some of you just think and its so absurd. Anyhow sha thanks for your opinion and I have already gotten what I needed Mr Responsible indeed.

(1) (Reply)

Water Comes Out From A Rock (photos) / Is Anyone Studying In Mexico?how Is Study Life And Post Study Optionss / Lagos Completes First Electric Train In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.