Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,134 members, 7,883,945 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 07:27 PM

Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance (26383 Views)

Tinubu Campaign Team Unhappy With Soyinka's Response To Pyrates Video / Ramatu Aliyu Donates May Salary To Secure Release Of 5 Inmates / Ayade Pays Cross River Workers May Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by calcus(m): 5:26pm On May 01, 2019
codedguy1:

If this is true even you absolutely dont know what you are talking g about.

How can you pay May salary on the 1st of May when April salary was just paid a week ago. Why is he paying the salary early?

So they will have to wait till ending of June about 2 months before they see any other salary or is he going to paying salaries on the 1st of every month even before the person works for it?

The guy does not want to pay the new wage at the end of May so he quickly paid May salary on the1st.

Smart guy, trying to buy time but at the detriment of the workers, thats why they are unhappy.

Exactly....
Your ocean of wisdom will not dry.

It's a calculated move to avoid paying the new minimum wage by end of May if the process is finalised before then
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by superlanny(m): 5:26pm On May 01, 2019
life....when some are crying that they have not received 6months salary, this ones are rejecting payment that they have not even worked for...maybe they don't want to spend their salary before time....this is what I call sensible stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Bluntguy: 5:26pm On May 01, 2019
Na waa O. Different strokes for different folks. Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia take note. Abia workers want early salaries. Ayam tayad.
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Gazzy88(m): 5:27pm On May 01, 2019
Olumo rock fall on that admin wey ban me for so long.
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Marcelinho(m): 5:30pm On May 01, 2019
May will now have 60 days for the workers

Happy workers day my people
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 01, 2019
dis is not a good gesture
chelsea1116:
Imagine..
Dis country weak me..nobody can b pleased agen cos dis country h made us lose sight of wot good gesture is..
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Mak4web(m): 5:31pm On May 01, 2019
JoshuaGabriel:
Different strokes for tor different folks
grin
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 01, 2019
codedguy1:

How can you pay May salary on the 1st of May when April salary was just paid a week ago. Why is he paying the salary early?

So they will have to wait till ending of June about 2 months before they see any other salary or is he going to paying salaries on the 1st of every month even before the person works for it?

The guy does not want to pay the new wage at the end of May so he quickly paid May salary on the1st.

Smart guy, trying to buy time but at the detriment of the workers, thats why they are unhappy.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that trick, smart governor grin
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Bigcake: 5:35pm On May 01, 2019
codedguy1:

Keep quiet, that has been his tradition for the past three years. Swine.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 01, 2019
I don't understand what all the hoopla about wage increase is for, afterall the differential will be eaten up by inflation within a few months as the real sector of the economy adjusts its pricing to accommodate the surplus cash.

NLC is made up fools and barely literate individuals. Instead of struggling for minimum wage increment they should put pressure on the government to restructure the economy by taking emphasis away from oil & gas to agriculture and processing of agro-products for export and local consumption. Establish model farms in all the 36 states, train the youth in modern farming systems and employ them to be productive on those farms while giving the bright ones startup capital and technical support to build their own private farms from the scratch.

If we could cut down our import bills on food and clothing items and also employ the masses with the same gesture, Nigeria would have taken a big step away from the precipice. Else if this country should find it impossible to sell crude oil for just two weeks, there will be total chaos and mayhem in the land.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by TemmyT002(m): 5:36pm On May 01, 2019
Hahahaha
These ones are still complaining
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by godlyguy(m): 5:37pm On May 01, 2019
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by adecz: 5:41pm On May 01, 2019
grin grin

Lucky them....

Make dem go Benue and Kogi,

Their governors are still owing them salary from
Easter 2017!!!

Different strokes for different folks.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by elizabethg: 5:45pm On May 01, 2019
They seriously need Aregbesola..
Enjoy xploit comedy videos here - https://muguvideos.com/collection/10/videos/Xploit%20Comedy%20Videos
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 01, 2019
THY ARE RIGHT, MY COMPANY PAID APRIL SALARY ON THE 18TH. NOW ITS LIKE I HAVE NOT BEEN PAID AS MONTH ENDS, STILL EXPECTING SALARY
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by StudyCrestLtd: 5:48pm On May 01, 2019
Kk4:
You can never please my Nigeria people.
Salary Come early, dem complain. E come late, na wahala.
Them increase minimum wage, dem say dem no want, okay leave it at 18k, protest Ugandan.
Happy new month and workers day my good people.
What is the essence of paying May Salary on 1st May. If you want to celebrate with them, pay them bonus instead of playing with their savings integrity and the urge to meet their needs
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Ijeomaejiofor: 5:51pm On May 01, 2019
Anybody still depending on Nigerian government for salaries doesnt still want to make it early in this life.

please take a up a side business and take it global.

Contact me for affordable websites
Whatsapp number: 07062438377
Email: ejioforijeoma7@gmail.com
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by ernieboy(m): 5:51pm On May 01, 2019
codedguy1:

oga if the gov does not want to start implementing the new min wage this month he will pay the old salary and the sky will not fall in fact this new min wage some states may not even pay it this year.
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by sexyboy193: 5:53pm On May 01, 2019
Cross River worker should be migrated down to osun state and osun worker should go to cross river. I think by then, the cross river workers will appreciate their Governor.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by gentlemayor(m): 5:56pm On May 01, 2019
If that be the case, let him be consistent with it. Let him pay every first day of the month. For instance, let the salary for the month of June be paid on June 1st. That way there won't be any kind of issue. That would be salary would be received upfront.

S H I K E N A !
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 01, 2019
Lol.... Maybe they wan protest for NEPA 1st...

Electricity is bad this days..
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Kennydoc(m): 6:00pm On May 01, 2019
JoshuaGabriel:
Different strokes for tor different folks

While some states are still owing backlog salaries of 30+ months.

I commend the governor. This is proactive leadership.

I wonder where people like this are, when we opt for fossils like BuHaRi.

Nothing proactive about paying salary on the first day of the month.
Many of those workers will have so much money in their hands (about 2 months salary) and think they've arrived, but by the end of this month, all the money is gone. How do you expect them to survive till 3rd or last week of June when they will receive June salary?
When salaries are paid too early especially when it is not a regular pattern, workers suffer by the following month.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by chizpim(m): 6:03pm On May 01, 2019
agbarisocket:
300million igbo to be severely kill in china because of drugs
your entire village to be killed....
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Offpoint: 6:04pm On May 01, 2019
aare07:
The month of May will look like 60 days
Loooooool, money got wings my brother... I woulda protest too. 2 months before next salarygrin
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by AKzee(m): 6:04pm On May 01, 2019
Serious depression for Kogi workers. Just give them your governor for three months and test Yahaya Bello.
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Lordtunji(m): 6:16pm On May 01, 2019
Some people dont have sense at all. Paying May salary a week after paying April means these people wont get any salary for the next 8 weeks, do you know the implication? By next week (or 2 weeks) max, many of them will be broke. Its a Greek gift if only you understand

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Hope Uzodinma Restores Public Water Supply In Imo / Ile Arugbo: Saraki Seeks Out-of-court Settlement With Kwara Govt / Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.