Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,156 members, 7,884,014 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 09:27 PM

Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance (26387 Views)

Tinubu Campaign Team Unhappy With Soyinka's Response To Pyrates Video / Ramatu Aliyu Donates May Salary To Secure Release Of 5 Inmates / Ayade Pays Cross River Workers May Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by PapaAdanna: 6:02am On May 02, 2019
It is very hard to please human...
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Acidosis(m): 7:25am On May 02, 2019
That shows the extent of financial illiteracy in the state. Why don't you collect the money, invest in a fixed deposit account for a month and earn yourself some interests?
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by codedguy1(m): 9:11am On May 02, 2019
sammy4life2:

Believe me no state would pay that increment this month of may dear. Its not as if it won't be paid but it would be paid as areas when fully implemented... Feel free to return to this post if any state starts paying the increment this month

If i agree with you, my question would be why pay May salaries this early after paying April a week ago?

He can give the same reasons/excuses other states will give for not paying the new me as at expected May ending.

If its tradition to pay this early, it smacks off as being clever by half because people are expecting that their would be a slight change in their salaries by the end of May.

Its like he is dogding to pay that increment so he wants to give them the present salary quickly grin to buy time.

The civil servants are exoectant and hoping that govs would shake body this May ending.
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by codedguy1(m): 9:17am On May 02, 2019
Acidosis:

That shows the extent of financial illiteracy in the state. Why don't you collect the money, invest in a fixed deposit account for a month and earn yourself some interests?

You think it is easy to collect 1 MONTH SALARY and fix it in fixed deposit?

How much is the salary and how much will they get from it.

You want to do fixed deposit with 2 months salary 0f about 200k max in which bank?

They will not eat or buy anything for those 2months about, except it is 1 months salary they will use for the fixed deposit and survive the 2months with the remaining monyhs salary while waiting for the investment to mature.
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by maasoap(m): 3:13pm On May 02, 2019
Cointrader:

Putting them in distress how?

Is there any law that says because salary was paid early, they have to start spending early? It's just a matter of leaving the money in their account till 30th.

Believe me, it is not that simple for many people.
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by ernieboy(m): 3:39pm On May 02, 2019
codedguy1:

So explain the essence of paying May salary on the 1st when he just paid April salary a week ago?

Why not bonus?

Is his state one of the states that will not pay the me? If yes why pay May salary on the 1st? If No why not wait till end of May to pay the salary.

Please explain since you know better.
probably in celeb of may day, but I agree with u that he should have given bonus instead and announce when he will commence implementation of the new min wage.
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by Cointrader: 3:47pm On May 02, 2019
maasoap:

Believe me, it is not that simple for many people.

It is.

You can even lien your account till that date.
Re: Cross River Workers Unhappy With May Salary Advance by kaylogy: 4:42pm On May 02, 2019
Make dey go ask kogi workers how far!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers Raped Our Members Before Killing Them – Shiite Women / Appointments: Buhari Silent Over Monguno, Service Chiefs, Others / Ben Bruce And Atiku Abubakar Spotted At The Airport (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.