Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,821 members, 7,889,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:54 PM

Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. (1346 Views)

What Are The Functions Of Cruise And Over Drive On A Gear Stick? / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by Nobody: 8:36am On May 04, 2019
Please can anyone tell me what's wrong with my Toyota Camry 2.4 2004.

Just last 2 days, I was driving at night, I would move the vehicle from rest and while moving, when the gear 2 would want to select, the vehicle will experience a kind of seizure like you applied brake and then the gear will change like it's forced and a sound like 'kpum' will be heard.

It happen mostly when the 2 gear wants to select and most times it won't happen at all but I feel it's a time bomb waiting to explode.

I took it to a mechanic he said it's the brain box, that it would cost me 30k to change it, I told him to go ahead and change it, he changed it, same thing was happening.

Please someone help me on this please.
Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by Nobody: 9:31am On May 04, 2019
Any recommendations please?
Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by sacx: 12:35pm On May 04, 2019
You shouldn't change things as important as brain box in a car until you've run a comprehensive scan on it and are sure of where the fault lies. Get the car scanned first.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by timifakay(m): 5:05pm On May 04, 2019
Scan vehicle.
Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:51pm On May 04, 2019
vowsng:

Just last 2 days, I was driving at night, I would move the vehicle from rest and while moving, when the gear 2 would want to select, the vehicle will experience a kind of seizure like you applied brake and then the gear will change like it's forced and a sound like 'kpum' will be heard.

It happen mostly when the 2 gear wants to select and most times it won't happen at all but I feel it's a time bomb waiting to explode.

I took it to a mechanic he said it's the brain box, that it would cost me 30k to change it, I told him to go ahead and change it, he changed it, same thing was happening.

first and most important question...
did u collect ur money back?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by mejai(m): 8:05pm On May 04, 2019
If u could have time to open a thread after paying 30k, u could as well had done dat prior dis. It has always been advised here to always scan.

well, gazzuzz Na prophet. He prophesied about more kazeem sprouting out
Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by ala234crity(m): 9:28pm On May 04, 2019
vowsng:

This is exactly what is happening to me on my nissan altima 2001 model, please brief me when u solve yours, please let me get your number
Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by ala234crity(m): 9:29pm On May 04, 2019
[This is exactly what is happening to me on my nissan altima 2001 model, please brief me when u solve yours, please let me get your number
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share
quote author=vowsng post=78090336]Please can anyone tell me what's wrong with my Toyota Camry 2.4 2004.

Please someone help me on this please.[/quote]
Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by ala234crity(m): 9:51pm On May 04, 2019
Please my people, help us ooo, i have the same issue in my nissan altima 2001 model, i even got a new gear box but still the same issue
Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by Newbreed2018: 10:12pm On May 04, 2019
ala234crity:
Please my people, help us ooo, i have the same issue in my nissan altima 2001 model, i even got a new gear box but still the same issue
please sell off. The earlier the better. Nissan nor be car.
Don't say u weren't warned.
Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by autologic: 11:03am On May 05, 2019
Newbreed2018:
please sell off. The earlier the better. Nissan nor be car.
Don't say u weren't warned.
Is not about the car .it is about the untrained Kazeem and the uninformed car owner that prefer service of Kazeem for a complex system like a transmission system.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by ruby360: 11:12am On May 05, 2019
If you have changed your transmission oil on time with the recommended oil, you won't experience this issues.

However it is good we learn the hard way so we won't forget again.
Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by seanfer(m): 4:03pm On May 05, 2019
The transmission is less than 100k. Be more careful and watchful next time

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Tokunbo 2001 Nissan Micra / Rx 330 And Rx 350 Forsale / Things To Note When Using Car Air Conditioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.