Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,298 members, 7,977,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 03:47 PM

Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. (1039 Views)

What Are The Functions Of Cruise And Over Drive On A Gear Stick? / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by Nobody: 9:32am On May 04, 2019
Please can anyone tell me what's wrong with my Toyota Camry 2.4 2004.

Just last 2 days, I was driving at night, I would move the vehicle from rest and while moving, when the gear 2 would want to select, the vehicle will experience a kind of seizure like you applied brake and then the gear will change like it's forced and a sound like 'kpum' will be heard.

It happen mostly when the 2 gear wants to select and most times it won't happen at all but I feel it's a time bomb waiting to explode.

I took it to a mechanic he said it's the brain box, that it would cost me 30k to change it, I told him to go ahead and change it, he changed it, same thing was happening.

Please someone help me on this please.
Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by Mrkumareze(m): 9:47am On May 04, 2019
What's your location Op?
Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by larrixauto2017(m): 9:48am On May 04, 2019
vowsng:
Please can anyone tell me what's wrong with my Toyota Camry 2.4 2004.

Just last 2 days, I was driving at night, I would move the vehicle from rest and while moving, when the gear 2 would want to select, the vehicle will experience a kind of seizure like you applied brake and then the gear will change like it's forced and a sound like 'kpum' will be heard.

It happen mostly when the 2 gear wants to select and most times it won't happen at all but I feel it's a time bomb waiting to explode.

I took it to a mechanic he said it's the brain box, that it would cost me 30k to change it, I told him to go ahead and change it, he changed it, same thing was happening.

Please someone help me on this please.
Hello sir. your transmission is shifting roughly from 1 to 2 or 2 To 3 the problem is that there is an incorrect gear ratio and torque converter solenoid faulty that may not be address or else you change the gearbox itself. The gear has been using the wrong oil.
Re: Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please. by EngRichie: 11:20am On May 04, 2019
I advise that you should drive the car with that thud you hear. It can damage it.

The cause might be a worn clutch or brake, worn valve body component(s), wrong or bad fluid, faulty solenoids, wiring and so on.

The best is to give you a thorough remote support. You can contact any expert on nairaland or chat me up on 08030420562.
You may also want to meet different auto experts on this whatsapp group :

https:///IRsk25wDUHK590gFcte5OH

At best, visit any of the good mechanics here for thorough diagnosis.

Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Signs Of A Defective Oxygen Sensor In Your Car / Lexus RX300 Cast Stereo / 042-enugu State-foxxymobile?buy-foreign Used Toyota Camry 2008 In Lagos,nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.