Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,172 members, 7,973,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 11:35 AM

The Love Beyond Me (Episode one) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Love Beyond Me (Episode one) (294 Views)

Love Beyond Reason (Episode 1) / LOVE BEYOND CAUSE 1 / He Fu**ked Me -- Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Love Beyond Me (Episode one) by chizgold80: 6:59am On May 05, 2019
Roberta stood in the semi-darkness of the bedroom, a shaft of moonlight creeping around the edges.

Her neighbor had bought another car for his wife Ugochi again. This time, it was a brand new Lexus jeep. Roberta peeped through her bedroom window and watched as she rejoiced, dancing around the car with her new baby in her arms.

“Thank you very much honey, this is beautiful,” Ugochi said as she entered the car and admired it.

Roberta watched with envy as Ebuka, Ugochi’s husband held her hands and they walked into their house.

Roberta had been dating her fiancé Uko for almost four years, and she’d already had two daughters for him. Each time he wanted to go and see her father to conclude marriage rites, she would demand for the money to do business.

“I’ve given you over three million naira in one year to do business, yet you use the money to buy expensive hairs and jewelries. What sort of life is that?” Uko asked worriedly. He was afraid that his girlfriend was becoming unnecessarily extravagant, and he didn’t understand why.

He’d once bought her a KIA Picanto, but she told him to dispose of it and buy her a bigger car.

“Can’t you see what all the girls in this residential area drive?” she’d asked.

She was still staring at the window, admiring her neighbor’s car when Uko tapped her on her hands:

“What are you doing there?” he asked.

“Nothing,” she answered with a deep sigh, her eyes still fixed on the car.

“You’re not fine, tell me what the problem is,” Uko said.

Roberta closed the curtains and turned to look at Uko meanly; “Our neighbor just had her first baby and now see,” she pointed through the window, “Her husband just bought her a brand new Jeep. Just one child o. Not even children. And they just got married last year.”

“So, what are you insinuating?” Uko asked suspiciously.
She stood for a moment, undecided, and then turned her attention to Uko again.

“We’ve been living together for three years. I have given you two beautiful daughters, yet, you can’t even buy me a single car. Instead, you got me a toy!”

“I got you what I could afford. I am a driver Roberta. I just started working in this company. We should be grateful they’ve given us accommodation. As time goes on, I can get you as many cars as you want, let me work a little longer,” he pleaded.

“I need the car now. In short, tomorrow sef!” she exclaimed in anger.

She could feel Uko’s agitation as she laid on the bed and covered herself with the duvet.

“See, the only money I have in my savings account is the money I will be using for our wedding ceremony this year ending,” Uko said as he pulled off his shirt.

“How much?” she asked, as she sat up abruptly from the bed.

“4.6 million naira. You said you want a big wedding.”

“If it can buy me a fine car, we can postpone the wedding. Buy me a fine Lexus jeep please,” she said, throwing her hairs backward, stylishly.

“You must be insane!” Uko shouted.

“I am not insane. Make me happy Uko. Be like your fellow men, buy me a car and make me happy.”
Uko muttered something under his breath and opened the wardrobe. He searched through it and when he finally found what he was looking for, he picked it up,and walked hastily toward her and dropped it on her legs.

“That’s the list your family gave to me. It’s my priority this year to marry you. Cars will always come.

Let’s marry first,” he said.

“But I said I don’t want to marry this year again. I want a Lexus jeep.”

“You don’t get it,” he carried the paper and threw it back into the wardrobe.

He was very angry as he undid his trousers and pulled off his singlet.

Then he joined her in bed. His heart softened easily as her body touched his. As if she understood that she’d aroused him, she shifted her gown to her laps, revealing her ebony, shiny, smooth skin.

He held her firmly, and turned her face to his. “Let me touch you a little.”

He was still very close, his breath warm on her cheek. As if he couldn’t help himself, he pressed his lips to her skin, little kisses, capturing the corner of her mouth. With a groan, he turned her face, and found her mouth again. She pushed him away gently.

“Baby,” he called out softly.

“Why do you pester me like this? You’re only making it harder on yourself. Do exactly as I tell you. Buy me a Lexus jeep with the marriage money and save yourself the stress. We can marry next year,” she stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

He knew it would be of no use arguing with her and telling her how important it was to be married first. So he tried to find himself sleep, his heart heavy with anger.

Link: https://africanfictions.com/the-love-beyond-me-chapter-1/

(1) (Reply)

Tales Of A Suicider: Exclusive / Single Lady Loses N7.8m As Lover Bolts Away / Shatta Wale Storms Stage After Stonebwoy Was Declared Reggae Dance Hall Artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.