Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,741 members, 7,915,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:44 PM

Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again (15010 Views)

Anambra Scores Highest In NECO Exams. Records Almost 80% In 2015 Exams. / Lack Of Textbooks Causes Mass Failure In Neco Exams -ubeb Official / Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by 2black(m): 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2010
I am really surprised everybody is blaming d students and blaming Govt.
Whose responsibility is it to ensure dat children do d right thing?PARENTS.
It starts with d parents-checking home work,checking activities of d children etc.These are d responsibility of d parents.
I remember hw well my Dad flogged me when i had a D in one subject in my SS2.
After dat I always thought twice before playing away my time.
as much as govt and students have roles to play in dis matter,it is d parent who has d ultimate responibility to ensure at d kids do well.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by texazzpete(m): 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2010
Are you guys kidding me?
All you people blabbing about PS3, DSTV and home videos have got to be out of your minds. A huge number of those who failed cannot afford such luxuries. And even those who can, efficient parenting can easily eliminate too much distraction.
There's a critical flaw in our educational system, there are critical gaps in parenting these days and there are motivation related issues with many of these kids.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by sayso: 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2010
ok there is a problem about our future because the above information proves it.So I propose a solution.

(1)Government should ban private schools,let them start from primary and then Secondary.
(2)Improve the standard of the Tertiary institutions/College of Education.
(3)The graduates from (2) with distinction should be employed immediately with good pay.
(4)Improve the Secondary schools together with their sylabus like the old days.

Education is not in the Universities rather in Primary/Secondary schools.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by twinskenny(m): 1:45pm On Sep 21, 2010
@ ALL

SOME OF THEM PREFER TO WATCH PREMIERSHIP MATCH AND GO CLUBBING THAN READING THEIR BOOK.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by agabaI23(m): 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
texazzpete:

Are you guys kidding me?
All you people blabbing about PS3, DSTV and home videos have got to be out of your minds. A huge number of those who failed cannot afford such luxuries. And even those who can, efficient parenting can easily eliminate too much distraction.
There's a critical flaw in our educational system, there are critical gaps in parenting these days and there are motivation related issues with many of these kids.

Very critical in this case.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by pingolo: 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2010
Why won't they fail? Our youths of these days are not serious with their education, the boyz are busy sagging their trousers while the girls are busy partying. Just few of them show seriousness in there studies. shocked
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2010
So we're one of the best out of the worst.

I dont know how to feel again. . . . undecided

Ekiti Kete! cheesy tongue
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Damysa(f): 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2010
agabaI23:

I thought they started NECO because they said WAEC was very difficult and many people failed?
Now they are failing NECO too? They should get another one, NECOling that will be easier.

Instead of tackling the decadence in education they are busy looking for a cheap way out.

Here we are!!!!!!!!!!!

Agaba u will not kill somebody oooooooooo grin grin grin cry cry cry
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by MRMoneyE(m): 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2010
texazzpete:

Are you guys kidding me?

Have you forgotten that there are alot of one man biz out there, that  have shops where these kids pay 100 naira or so  to play Ps3 and also pay money to watch live premiership watches in these same shops, so forget it they have assess to ps3 and co ?
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Kx: 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2010
Some politician somewhere is plannng how to milk the treasury 4da with this failure.
The next thing u ll hear is  govt proposing online tutorial center for secondary school students.
The project cost is over 20million dollars awarded to  dash dash dash.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2010
texazzpete:

Are you guys kidding me?

Your write-up really showed that you know nothing about nigeria.A quick visit to a barbing saloon in lagos would have educated you more where you find kids playing PS games with just #20 while premiership games cost you just #50.No luxury attached at all.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Damysa(f): 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2010
MR Money £:

Have you forgotten that there are alot of one man biz out there, that  have shops where these kids pay 100 naira or so  to play Ps3 and also pay money to watch live premiership watches in these same shops, so forget it they have assess to ps3 and co ?

yeessoo it is very correct, my husband and I banned my 13yrs old nephew from watching sports on DSTV by seizing the remote when we are off to work, he resulted to manipulating it manually, something we never knew could be operated without remote. when we blocked his access completely, he started going to viewing centers to wtach and coming home very late 10:30 or later. we got tired of him oooh we had to send him back to him mama. He is now with a very strict uncle of ours who is breaking his wings.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by ElRazur: 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2010
The whole educational system needs a major re-haul and reworking.

Over in the UK, students are getting A*(star) in their grades and over 80% making passing with several As. However, people are still complaining that it is too easy and it needs revamping. I think in the case of Nigeria, the education system is a failing our students. Not a lot of students actually understand what is being taught in school and there is more emphasise on "Passing the exam", rather than actually understanding what it is about.

For example, I was speaking to a student back on over BB just couple of days ago and she told me how they have to turn up in class at 7am for Physics undecided I dont, know about you, but at 7am, the body is still ont fully alert yet and there is still the morning blues around. I mean, shifting the lectures to start at 9 seem to me a better idea etc. It is little things like this that we may have to look at in my opinion. undecided

I feel sorry for those who have failed. They are meant to be our tomorrow, but right now, the future is looking bleak.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by ElRazur: 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2010
MR Money £:

I paid 5naira back then to play Super Nintendo for a game of crappy Street fighter ( I say that now, but back then it was the bomb). I mean my point is there is always distraction of some kind, but I honestly think the whole educational and examination system needs revamping.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by bismack: 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2010
@Billsmith

Cant fail to agree with u! Went to drop my cousing in one of them current Neco gce in one of the SS states and what i saw overwhelmed me.Candidates collusion with the exam officials and running helter skelter of candidates! even candidates are being asked to pay a daily fee of 500 naira to do a free for all malpractice.

The failure obviously is in us as shakespeare are wont to say!!!
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by tolufaithO(f): 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2010
I dont blame most of these students, it all depend on their schools that the finish from, imagine when i was in secondary school, My Phyiscs was one old Man, my chemistry Teacher was One useless teacher i have ever seen in my life cry cry cry, and my Biology Teacher was a woman and she couldn't give us right explanation kiss, so with these, none of my Set then passed except those of us that attended coaching centre and read as well and i bought @least 2 text on each subjects then. Most of the Secondary schools dont teach their students like b4 cry cry cry
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by tolufaithO(f): 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2010
You people dont no what these students are facing because u left schl long time ago. their teachers are to be blame for this mass failure, teacher dont do their work like before. and some the student dont have good advicer/counsellor to caution them
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by EFFRAKATA: 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2010
Neco has uphold examination standards as against those early days when they came on board.
The best will  begin to come out of our school graduates at all level
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by sulad82i(m): 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2010
what happen? fake expo or is just straight olodos
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by agabaI23(m): 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2010
tolufaithO:

You people dont no what these students are facing because u left schl long time ago. their teachers are to be blame for this mass failure, teacher dont do their work like before. and some the student dont have good advicer/counsellor to caution them
Forget that jare. I only had biology teacher in SS1 and 2. I had no Chemistry teacher in SS2 and SS3.

The chemistry teacher I had in SS1 will shout when you ask him difficult questions. Those subjects are among the subjects I got A1 and I was not the only one who did that in my class. It is about ambition and motivation.

Our competition then was about  how many times one can read Ababio back to back, Modern biology back to back, PN okeke was all comers affair. The motivation was palpable and competition intense. Hey! but now, everyone believes he can read for 2 minutes and go to special centre.

Teachers are important but a lot lies on the students attitude.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by HamidO1(m): 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2010
This is 1 of the reason y we r saying no to IBB, We need some1 with a track record of honesty. The problem with our education started way back and now its gotten to a stage where I can say students hardly gain anything from school, d few exceptions are those who strive for greatness on their own not waiting for any teacher. wat teacher are we talking about, is it the teacher that finished from a strike ridden higher institution?? Trying to point fingers at the exam body, students or parent will take us no where, d whole system is flawed and only the right person at d top can help fix things
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by nnajiofo: 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2010
Why do u people blame the students alone have u asked urself why Neco recorded 100% in 2000 and 2001 have u asked wheather those marking the papar are doing justice to the student.u are all stupid and foolish.if u do'nt have anything doing get lost.PROFs
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by nnajiofo: 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2010
Why do u people blame the students alone have u asked urself why Neco recorded 100% in 2000 and 2001 have u asked wheather those marking the papar are doing justice to the student.u are all stupid and foolish.if u do'nt have anything doing get lost.PROFs
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by HamidO1(m): 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2010
nnajiofo:

Why do u people blame the students alone have u asked urself why Neco recorded 100% in 2000 and 2001 have u asked wheather those marking the papar are doing justice to the student.u are all silly and foolish.if u do'nt have anything doing get lost.PROFs
aba bros,,, u fail NECO ne or which 1 u come dey generallize dey yab everybody now, na us fail u??
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by tpiah: 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2010
the front of our exercise books used to have inscription like '' scholars,exercise books and many other motivational captions'' but these days,what you see are pictures of paloma and diego,terry G,Timaya,Aki and paw-paw,Drogba,Rooney etc

for real?

does anyone have a picture of these exercise books with musicians and nollywood stars on them- make i see the current level of nigerian education. undecided

I think the govt should tak radical steps

dont know what they're waiting for.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by HamidO1(m): 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2010
texazzpete:

Are you guys kidding me?

Best believe, Majority of those that can't afford such luxury as PS3 also failed so wat r we saying, Our education sector needs overhauling, just vote for the right people dat wil do dat
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by category(m): 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2010
It is simply because of the mini skirts that exposes their laps
to the teachers which of course they (teachers) 'll always take advantage of
thereby bringin them at par wit each other. Thus defeatin every atom of respect
for the teachers.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by twinskenny(m): 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2010
tpiah:

for real?

does anyone have a picture of these exercise books with musicians and nollywood stars on them- make i see the current level of nigerian education. undecided

dont know what they're waiting for.

Yes oo i have seen picture of Omotola, genevive and co on the back of our exercise books, imagine
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by durojim: 4:20pm On Sep 21, 2010
The blame is on the government.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by category(m): 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2010
The solution is
1) The girls shuld go back to wearin the shapeless pinaform dresses,
usin white rubber belt to shape it at the waiste region, makin them
less sexually attractive to teachers. They shuld also continue the use
of berrett cap to cover their heads or better still, they shuld readopt the
use of black platin thread to plat long i mean very long hairs.

2) The boyz shuld stop usin trousers except the senior classes.
And thoz trousers must be baggy and nt pense or straight trousers.
More so, their hair cut must reach the floor of the head and not these
William Gallas hair style.

Lastly, the use of cover shoes shuld be discoraged. Both boyz and
girls alike shoud start usin these "Eze goes to schooll" type of sandals.
Student must be in the school premises not later than7:30am to do some
morning piece of work!

I bet u, this mass failure will reduce drastically.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by TewMuch: 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2010
Its the teachers and school authorities.They don't even know the subject they teach, and to get away easy they teach these kids corrupt practices; students, Male/Female understand that if they sleep with teachers or can pay teacher's they can get away without reading.
Teachers should be forced to take exams in their classes every 2yrs, and forced to retire if they fail.Cause if the teacher doesn't have reading culture or knowledge of the material, how will the child know?They should also be forced to go to moral and ethics courses and workshops.
Nigeria also needs current textbooks that look less like the bible and books that will interest children to want to learn. Kids also have no business having cellphones and fully functional laptops or even video games.There needs to be a research on most teacher's degrees to see if they were not bought.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by basking4me: 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
Even parents cheat when they take their MBAs and other advanced courses and when they take promotional exams too.

What legacy are we leaving for our children, if we as grownups do these?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister / Uzodinma: Fast Till God Answers Prayers, If You Refuse To Join APC / No/limited Cash Will Cause Low Voters Turnout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.