Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,283 members, 7,904,209 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 10:20 AM

Nigerians We Hail Thee!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians We Hail Thee!! (363 Views)

'Nigeria We Hail Thee' Not My National Anthem, Will Never Sing It - Ezekwesili / Lyrics Of Old National Anthem, 'Nigeria We Hail Thee' / Sanusi To Nigerians: We Must Suffer To Get Things Right, Stop Cursing Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians We Hail Thee!! by Demtoks: 10:43am On May 06, 2019
Nigerians are once again contending with another disputed poll in the aftermath of the 2019 General Elections. I believe the prophets of doom who had serially predicted the disintegration of Nigeria were disappointed that their predictions had once again become a nullity. Many had predicted the disintegration of Nigeria as one indissoluble and united entity; those on this nihilistic mission have sustained their narrative since the advent of the 4th Republic in 1999.

Prior to the elections a political risk consultancy foremost for its geo-political environment risk assessment, the Eurasia Group predicted Nigeria’s road to doomsday, according the group their analysis, was based on two premise. Firstly, is that the two leading presidential candidates for the elections President Mohammadu Buhari and the leading contender Alhaji Atiku Abubakar are all problematic, each with a trail of risks associated with his election.

According to the political risk analyst, none of the two top contenders are absolutely trouble free. While re-electing President Buhari would mean contending with a physically exhausted president whose ill-health would trigger political in-fighting from within his camp, who will not be in a hurry to get on with reforms just as whose election would trigger crisis from other regions.

Meanwhile, in the words of Alhaji Abubakar, who said he would be enriching himself and allies. So, by Eurasia Group’s profiling, none of the two candidates is unproblematic. Secondly, there is the threat of inconclusive election which, in its words, could lead to chaos.

All these predictions are now behind us as the country is surging ahead unencumbered for the inauguration of re-elected President Mohammadu Buhari slated for 29th May, 2019. In the mean time, Atiku Abubakar is already before the tribunal to validate his claim as the authentic President of Nigeria.

This move is undoubtedly good for our political development as a country. Although, it is highly unlikely that Alhaji Abubakar would prevail in court; however, I want to believe his primary objective of taking legal action is to further deepen our democracy at the end of the legal battle. The process could reveal certain irregularities which could, in the aftermath of his legal action, be corrected by a more robust electoral law.

So why am I applauding the Nigerian people? Why do they deserve my admiration and praise? This past elections has shown that a new set of enthusiastic and patriotic Nigerians desirous of a better and great nation have emerged. Their resilience and doggedness in maintaining the peace is highly commendable and worthy of praise. It has shown that the peace and unity of Nigeria is more important than the ambition of a single individual, group or any section of the people.

Having noted the above, one major expectation from all well meaning Nigerians including myself is that we must put all hands on deck as all elected political office holders are sworn into office even as they seek to concretise our democratic tenets on May 29, 2019. All Nigerians without exception achieved all this in no small measure. Nigerians I hail una O!!

Re: Nigerians We Hail Thee!! by EzeChudy: 11:10am On May 06, 2019
Nice post, we really need to do more as a people to foster unity and equity among ourselves.
I sincerely commend all Nigerians for disappointing the self acclaimed world powers and doomsday prophets who had wish to see the collapse of the giant of Africa and the black race. We will continue to trieve to make our nation great.
I expect the Next four years of PMB to be more transparent, egalitarian, responsive, and above all democratic.

God bless the Federal republic of Nigeria!
Re: Nigerians We Hail Thee!! by Hkatago: 12:01pm On May 06, 2019
God bless this author...for reminding us of the need to remain one. We as Nigerians must always rise above doom predications and false prophets. Let's embrace one another. Our diversity is God ordained and sure for a purpose...that purpose we must realize. May God help us

(1) (Reply)

Venezuelan Ambassador, Consular, APC Chieftain Visit OUK In Abuja (photos) / Tinubu Meets Buhari, Attacks PDP / Okorocha Hasn’t Released Money For My Inauguration, Says Imo Gov-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.