Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,399 members, 7,904,490 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:20 PM

Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) (24475 Views)

2023 Presidential Election Tribunal Judgement (Live Updates) / Court Of Appeal Reserves Judgment On The Osun Governorship Appeal / Adeleke Vs Oyetola: Osun Governorship Appeal Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by GetCofOProperty: 6:19pm On May 09, 2019
Adeleke finally lost the battle for the Osun State Governorship. No Supreme court case for any Tribunal matter because the Appeal court is the final bus stop for any election matters.

If interested in engaging our services (free) in acquiring the RIGHT land or House (duplex/apartments), please get in touch Call +2348027390046.

Please visit our website www.forbespropertiesng.com/

Click the WhatsApp link to reach out to us. Or if you want to know how you can be a part of the business of Real Estate/Property.
Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by asiga(m): 7:47pm On May 09, 2019
id911:

APC already said they have the Appeal Court in their pockets. Is that what you're trying to affirm with this your comment?

The dancing Senator won the election fair and square. If APC buys the judgement at the Appeal Court, they can never buy it at the Supreme Court

Hope you won't forget this when supreme gives their verdict on the case..

1 Like

Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by deboysben(m): 10:09pm On May 09, 2019
garfield1:
Guys,let's be honest.the judgment was sound.adeleke might have won the elections but the way the tribunal ruled and the basis in which it declared adeleke winner was too shoddy,poor and left a lot of loopholes.even pdp knows that a 2-1 verdict is tentative and shaky.it was a farce.they didnt quote any law to back up their decision.they even went above their powers to grant reliefs not sort and even shopped for evidences for adeleke.
The minority judgment was purely based on the electoral act.it was clear.even the evidences adeleke presented were speculative and mere hearsay.
Ratello
Engineerboat
Tuniski
Deboysben
oga we all know the appeal judgement was compromised by tinubu and bulkachunwa apc corrupt tool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by deboysben(m): 10:10pm On May 09, 2019
senatordave1:

Get ready for a new mourning style
las Las na Supreme Court go determine the final judgment
Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by Johnnyessence(m): 12:49am On May 10, 2019
WonderManly:

Market don show. But no be good market... Na bad market!
it shows vividly how the appeal court judges sitting on the case was bought . Well there are still opportunity to appeal the judgement to the supreme court of justice.
Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by Johnnyessence(m): 12:52am On May 10, 2019
AfonjaBoston:
Imole de okunkun parada ni ipinle osun
Imole de okunkun parada ni ipinle osun ,distinguished senator Ademola Adeleke will appeal the judgement in the supreme court of justice .
Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by Johnnyessence(m): 12:53am On May 10, 2019
MISTAICEY02288:

Well APC and INEC in conjunction with Appeal court have done what they know how to do best... Well, I pray true justice is delivered at Supreme Court ... Adeleke will emerge victorious at the end by God's grace..
amen, thanks for your reply.
Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by Johnnyessence(m): 12:56am On May 10, 2019
buharitill2023:
shame catch am.
shame no catch me at all, I know vividly that the appeal judges have been bribed .They don't even clarify the judgement to the general public .Very bad. Really the judge have compromised the appeal court justice. Well God almighty will vindicate the pdp.
Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by Johnnyessence(m): 1:04am On May 10, 2019
I AM SO ASHAMED OF NIGERIA.

All the reasonable fellow with functional brains unlike the brainless APC e-rats can attest to the fact that Osun guber polls was mere with series of election malpractices, ranges from intimidation of the voters, manipulation of election results, over voting and public assualts.

There was illegal usage of sophisticated weapons and many lives were recorded to have lost must expecially, during the rerun of the said bloody election.

Universal adult suffrage were openly denied where the qualified voters were forcefully disenfranchised by the imported thugs and hooligans from Lagos State, only the few with APC identities were allowed to voted.

There was a reported case of Ife north PDP youths leader who stood on his ground that he would not abide with any forms of rigging at his polling unit but he was later shot to dead for his resistance.

I can still vividly remember another video that was circulated online where the voters were seen wailing and crying because they were disenfranchised by the APC hoodlums that chased them away from their voting centers.

I am devastated, flagabasted, disappointed and short of words when i heard about the judgement delivered at court of appeal on Osun guber election today.

Despite all the evidences submitted before the panel during the cause of trial, four out of the five judges handling the case gave their judgements in favour of Gboya Oyetola while only one upheld the tribunal judgement.

Nigeria is seriously sick and only God intervention can heal her sickness.
Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by Johnnyessence(m): 1:07am On May 10, 2019
APPEAL COURT VERDICT IS SHOCKING BUT NOT THE FINAL VERDICT WHICH IS GOING TO BE FAVOURABLE TO SENATOR ADEMOLA ADELEKE AND PDP- Adagunodo

PRESS RELEASE.

We received the Appeal Court Judgement of the Osun State Election petition of today with a huge shock.

Considering all evidences before the lower court and legal points adduced by our legal team at the Appeal Court, we expect victory at the Appeal Court but that's the beauty of democracy, you win one you lose one and it is not over until it is over

We have hope in the judiciary, that does not mean that once in a while there won't be some hiccups in the judicial process, it is understandable and expected that all judges are not the same and they don't think the same and we believe that at the end of the day the Supreme Court will do justice to our case and victory will be ours.

We enjoin our people to be peaceful, calm resolute and have high hope, in the next two months, by the grace of God, Senator Nurudeen Ademola Adeleke will be declared as the governor of Osun State and by then the swearing-in of the new governor in Osun State will be the next stage.

Hon. Olasoji Adagunodo,
Chairman, PDP,
Osun State Chapter.
Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by OAUTemitayo: 1:17am On May 10, 2019
Johnnyessence:
APPEAL COURT VERDICT IS SHOCKING BUT NOT THE FINAL VERDICT WHICH IS GOING TO BE FAVOURABLE TO SENATOR ADEMOLA ADELEKE AND PDP- Adagunodo

PRESS RELEASE.

We received the Appeal Court Judgement of the Osun State Election petition of today with a huge shock.

Considering all evidences before the lower court and legal points adduced by our legal team at the Appeal Court, we expect victory at the Appeal Court but that's the beauty of democracy, you win one you lose one and it is not over until it is over

We have hope in the judiciary, that does not mean that once in a while there won't be some hiccups in the judicial process, it is understandable and expected that all judges are not the same and they don't think the same and we believe that at the end of the day the Supreme Court will do justice to our case and victory will be ours.

We enjoin our people to be peaceful, calm resolute and have high hope, in the next two months, by the grace of God, Senator Nurudeen Ademola Adeleke will be declared as the governor of Osun State and by then the swearing-in of the new governor in Osun State will be the next stage.

Hon. Olasoji Adagunodo,
Chairman, PDP,
Osun State Chapter.
Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by Johnnyessence(m): 2:04am On May 10, 2019
NIGERIA CANNOT GET IT RIGHT AGAIN

Justice Ayo Salami led the appeal panel that declared Adams Oshiomole as Edo state governor then,he did not sit for once throughout the hearing

So, the Appeal court lead judgement dismissed the Tribunal ruling based on allegation that 1 of the Judges on the Tribunal panel was absent in ONE of the sittings that lasted 5 Months!

1 day's from 5months' proceesings.
Only 2 Witnesses on d day out of 100 total.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by Johnnyessence(m): 2:05am On May 10, 2019
Press Statement
Senator Ademola Adeleke on Appeal Court Judgement:

I'm Heading to Supreme Court

I received with dissatisfaction the judgement of the Court of Appeal on the ruling of the election petition tribunal which had duly returned me as the validly elected governor of Osun state. I have subsequently instructed my counsel to prepare for an appeal against today's judgement at the Supreme Court immediately.

Today's judgement relied on weak technical foundation. The substantive issue which formed the basis of the lower tribunal judgement was relegated to the background. We are reviewing the full ruling and action has already commenced to appeal the judgement and ensure the eventual retrieval of the stolen mandate.

To the good people of Osun state, dont be downcast. The struggle for good governance and retrieval of People's mandate cannot be truncated by any flawed judgement. We are taking the legal battle further to the topmost court in the land. I am confident the apex court will upturn today's unsustainable ruling.

To all members of PDP in Osun State and my campaign Organisation, the struggle is now at the most critical stage. We cannot waiver nor slow down. We must forge ahead in high spirit until final victory is attained. In this endeavour, I promise to provide the leadership as the genuine governorship mandate holder in Osun state.

My good people of Osun state, I know the pain and suffering you are passing through. The move to reclaim your mandate is still very much alive despite the jaundiced ruling of today. We will not abandon the mandate you freely conferred on us. We will deploy all legal means to retrieve the stolen mandate.

I appreciate the massive support from home and abroad. We shall triumph at last.
Signed
Senator Ademola Adeleke ,
Osun West Senatorial District.
Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by Afamed: 5:19am On May 10, 2019
deboysben:
oga we all know the appeal judgement was compromised by tinubu and bulkachunwa apc corrupt tool
Who are we? Must you wail?
Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by Afamed: 5:20am On May 10, 2019
Johnnyessence:
Press Statement
Senator Ademola Adeleke on Appeal Court Judgement:

I'm Heading to Supreme Court

I received with dissatisfaction the judgement of the Court of Appeal on the ruling of the election petition tribunal which had duly returned me as the validly elected governor of Osun state. I have subsequently instructed my counsel to prepare for an appeal against today's judgement at the Supreme Court immediately.

Today's judgement relied on weak technical foundation. The substantive issue which formed the basis of the lower tribunal judgement was relegated to the background. We are reviewing the full ruling and action has already commenced to appeal the judgement and ensure the eventual retrieval of the stolen mandate.

To the good people of Osun state, dont be downcast. The struggle for good governance and retrieval of People's mandate cannot be truncated by any flawed judgement. We are taking the legal battle further to the topmost court in the land. I am confident the apex court will upturn today's unsustainable ruling.

To all members of PDP in Osun State and my campaign Organisation, the struggle is now at the most critical stage. We cannot waiver nor slow down. We must forge ahead in high spirit until final victory is attained. In this endeavour, I promise to provide the leadership as the genuine governorship mandate holder in Osun state.

My good people of Osun state, I know the pain and suffering you are passing through. The move to reclaim your mandate is still very much alive despite the jaundiced ruling of today. We will not abandon the mandate you freely conferred on us. We will deploy all legal means to retrieve the stolen mandate.

I appreciate the massive support from home and abroad. We shall triumph at last.
Signed
Senator Ademola Adeleke ,
Osun West Senatorial District.
You have partially regained your voice. How market?
Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by Afamed: 5:24am On May 10, 2019
Johnnyessence:
I AM SO ASHAMED OF NIGERIA.

All the reasonable fellow with functional brains unlike the brainless APC e-rats can attest to the fact that Osun guber polls was mere with series of election malpractices, ranges from intimidation of the voters, manipulation of election results, over voting and public assualts.

There was illegal usage of sophisticated weapons and many lives were recorded to have lost must expecially, during the rerun of the said bloody election.

Universal adult suffrage were openly denied where the qualified voters were forcefully disenfranchised by the imported thugs and hooligans from Lagos State, only the few with APC identities were allowed to voted.

There was a reported case of Ife north PDP youths leader who stood on his ground that he would not abide with any forms of rigging at his polling unit but he was later shot to dead for his resistance.

I can still vividly remember another video that was circulated online where the voters were seen wailing and crying because they were disenfranchised by the APC hoodlums that chased them away from their voting centers.

I am devastated, flagabasted, disappointed and short of words when i heard about the judgement delivered at court of appeal on Osun guber election today.

Despite all the evidences submitted before the panel during the cause of trial, four out of the five judges handling the case gave their judgements in favour of Gboya Oyetola while only one upheld the tribunal judgement.

Nigeria is seriously sick and only God intervention can heal her sickness.
From the desk of serial propagandist
Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by Afamed: 5:26am On May 10, 2019
Johnnyessence:
it shows vividly how the appeal court judges sitting on the case was bought . Well there are still opportunity to appeal the judgement to the supreme court of justice.
The problem with you is that, you will still wail when the Supreme court verdict comes

1 Like

Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by luv2end: 10:37am On May 10, 2019
Have you all noticed in your various placed the degeneration of light. Its part of the conspiracy against your fasting. Your IBDEC and its like are responsible. Just imagine despite having Muslim as president,Governors, majority I'm houses of Assemblies. They are all there for themselves. Not for Islam.
Re: Osun Governorship Appeal Judgement (Live Updates) by deboysben(m): 11:39pm On May 10, 2019
Afamed:

Who are we? Must you wail?
we wail for the this corrupt administration

No hope for the common man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Mark Sworn In As Senator For The 6th Time / RevolutionNow: Police Revealed Why They Fired Teargas At Protesters / DSS Told To Investigate, Arrest Shiekh Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.