Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,450 members, 7,897,909 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 10:25 PM

Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! (8407 Views)

List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo / Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable / The Poltical-economic Stuctures That Make Igboland The Emerging African Paradise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by chamber2(m): 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2010
SLOW INTERNET CONNECTION
ILLITERATE LEADERS
AGGRESSIVE CITIZENRY
UNEMPLOYMENT
LAZINESS
JUJU
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2010
our politicians that cant speak to their citizenry in public without reading from a book, even overheard one spelling N.G.O as ngo, (non govt org.) God will save us.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by 1forall: 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2010
The attitude of most of us citizens in everyday living
i.e
- jumping queues (in traffic, filling stations, banks, atm's etc)
- overly aggressive approach to everything (I no go gree attitude)
- high propensity to break even basic laws

the list is practically endless
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2010
No Love.
Money for hand, back for ground
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by amanze15(m): 2:03pm On Sep 22, 2010
abject poverty
illiteracy
and every other thing that makes me fell like running away from nigeria but lol this my place naija grin grin grin grin
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Jephyard(m): 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2010
In order of madness

Religion
PHCN
POLICE
University Lecturers
Nollywood
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 22, 2010
President Jonathan
lawlessness
Solomon lar
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by kulutempa: 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2010
Crass materialism.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by ChScott(m): 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2010
The way their political office holders are being selected. Watch it out next year!!!!!!!!!
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Cogito(m): 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2010
Nigerians that think you must belong to one of the three major tribes.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2010
chyz:

IT'S EXISTENCE AS A COUNTRY
What is wrong with the existence ? If you are not happy,you can always relocate to somalia or sudan.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by SHEAU(m): 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2010
D pidgin english stuff, i fink we shoul adopt it as our first language?
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Hauwa1: 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2010
their superstitious belief. it makes me cringe cry witchcraft this, witchcraft that. even the ones in western countries lipsrsealed
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by emmydee(m): 2:48pm On Sep 22, 2010
No country!
Nigeria is gone!
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2010
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 22, 2010
@post

Hypocrites.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Teejayphillip(m): 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2010
1 unemployment
2 people struggling 2 meet ends meet,n yet nuffin came productive
3 armed robbers killin dere poor/average people,wen dey got richmen n political people 2 go n extract frm dem,

Make god deliver us,cnt wait 4 his kingdom 2 com,
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by sirp2007: 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2010
LAWLESSNESS,
NOBODY IS ACCOUNTABLE TO ANYONE ESPECIALLY PUBLIC OFFICE HOLDER,
OUR ATTITUDE OF WHAT WILL CAN TAKE FROM D CENTER(FED GOVT)INSTEAD OF WHAT WE CAN GIVE.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by omar22(m): 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2010
nollywood
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Kaiser5000: 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2010
-Thinking prayer can solve the most basic problems we can take care of ourselves
-Not being good citizens ( keeping dirty sourrounds and blaming the govt for it) I don't think the the govt is responsible for all the trash lying on the streets or the dirty bathrooms in hostels (when u took the dump on the floor), we put them there!
-PHCN
- Illiterates in power and we let them tell us what to do!
- worship of criminals that are not even hiding the fact that they are using stolen wealth because we let them and encourage them
and lots more
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 22, 2010
wink
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@post

Hypocrites.

How so undecided
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by jiniux(m): 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2010
Things that makes me cringe about Nigeria?

Nigerians that complains about Nigeria and not do anything, they know the problems but to lead with the solution? Never!!!! They believe it's somebody else's job and not theirs. What if Martin Luther King didn't do anything? What will be the fate of African America?

Nigerians that give themselves reasons to leave Nigeria only to be slaves in other countries and at best second class citizens and will passionately do jobs they have sworn never to do in Nigeria. What if Mandela gave himself reasons not to fight apartheid? It's disgusting to even think that Nigerians loose their lives trying to jet out of Nigeria to RSA.

Nigerians who dont give a thought about obeying the law in Nigeria, only to go out to other countries and uphold the law like their breath depends on it.

Nigerians on the internet saying all the inglorious things about Nigeria and have never been of any good to their immediate locality.

Our rulers(not leaders) don't have the guts to be corrupt, we gave them the courage to loot us because as one of them said, we are docile.

Nigerians, give it a thought, why has ur rulers not relocated to other countries, they know Nigeria is blessed and Nigerians makes it easy for them to Loot

Nigeria you are blessed it's unfortunate most of ur inhabitants are lazy, wayward, shallow minded, corrupt, biased, and greedy.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by bennie1980(m): 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2010
We have every reason to be annoyed with the situation in the country which is getting bad by the day. Notwithstanding, we cannot afford to fold arms and watch things getting worse. The list of untold hardships being faced by Nigerians daily is endless, bad roads, epileptic power supply, failed educational system, to mention just a few. I must say this country with God given human and material resources has no reason to be classified as a THIRD WORLD country. But, the self centered leaders(who are less than 100) are living in opulence at the expense of common Nigerians. You would wonder why Nigerians mostly turn to God. The reason is because of poverty ravaging almost everybody except those few 100s. No matter how well paid you are, you would still end up taking care of 2 or three relatives which further erode your personal resources thus becoming like the people you try to help. I often look at my 2 kids and wonder what future we are building for them. My second child who was barely four months old when I brought him to Nigeria pick up immediately he learns how to speak the shout of " UP NEPA!"  so easily. In no time, the sister would ask me to put on the generator when the light is off. In as much as we could afford a generator, there are millions who have no home, food, clothes, etc. My message is that we could not afford stating what is wrong only but we must act as well. The time is now! Educate people in your area of the importance of their votes. They should not sell votes for 'AMALA, GBEGIRI AND EWEDU". By so doing, they are selling their future. We should all defend our right as Nigerians and ensure we have purposeful and credible leaders come 2011. Long live Nigeria!
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by bawomolo(m): 3:40pm On Sep 22, 2010
blaming the devil for everything.

waiting for a political messiah

ethnic finger-pointing
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by chosen04(f): 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2010
(1) That THIEF is my kinsmen mentality. . . . . . . . . .

(2) Supporting Cheap Opportunist and Cheap Hero wannable Politicans. . . . . . .

(3) He is the 'best governor' cos he is busy planting flower  mentality . . . . . .

(4) BLIND SUPPORT . . . . . . . . . . .

(5) DO NOT INSULT  A 'MAN OF GOD' RANTS . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2010
wink
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by ndigbo: 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2010
knowing that this God forsaken country could have been the best place in the world, if not for those that call themselves our leaders, which one reason why i intend to partcipate fully in the upcoming general elections. So i urge you all to make sure u register and vote those grand father and mother criminals out of the seat of power! This is our time for change!
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Giyaz: 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2010
Agreed with most that's been said. Plus:

1) Greed

2) Lack of sincerity of purpose (borne out of greed)

3) Power at al cost

4) Not abiding by the rules of the game
(e.g JONATHAN INSISTING ON CONTESTING DESPITE HIS PARTY's ZONING POLICY AND THEREFORE TAKING THE COUNTRY TO THE BRINK OF ANOTHER CHAOS)
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by lajjy(m): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2010
Abeg, this is too much, please we should not just wallow in dissappoinment and be complaining about the state of our beloved country. Abeg , make una  change this thread to how we move this country forward. If we continue like this, we are just making a mockery of ourselves. In reality UK, USA AND ANY PART OF THE WESTERN WORLD can not be like our land. This is the land of our fore-fathers, our past leaders sacrifice their lives to build this nation. We cant just let their labour  be in vain. We must stand and fight injustices in all its ramifications, if we all decide to jet out of this country, who will be left. Who is going to steer the wheel of our national development?( DONT BE BOTHERED ABOUT OUR LEADERS WHO TOLD US THAT WE ARE THE FUTURE LEADERS OF TOMORROW, COS THEY ARE JUST MUTATING THEIR POSITIONS WITH THEIR CHILDREN)

[s]SOMETIMES i WISH I WAS NEVER BORN A NIGERIAN BUT WHENEVER I LOOK AT THE BEAUTY OF BEING A NIGERIAN, I ONLY BUT THANK GOD THAT I AM A NIGERIAN[/s].
BROTHERS AND SISTERS , OMO NAIJA , ALE FI EYIN SHI PEPSI, IT CANT  JUST GET WORST AGAIN , I KNOW FOR SURE IT WILL ONLY GET BETTER.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Agbo2(m): 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2010
Abject poverty amidst plenty,
Lack of credibility in our higher institutions,
madness of our police/uniformed men.
Re: Things About Nigeria That Make You Cringe! by Giyaz: 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2010
Kidnapping
Ritual killing
Religious bigotory
Attractive politics (too much monetary reward for politicians)
Lack of electricity
Declined education standard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway / Udom Emmanuel At The Opening Ceremony Of 42nd National Prayer Conference / Onnoghen In Fresh Application Says CCT Chairman’s ‘integrity In Doubt’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.