Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,761 members, 7,965,890 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 12:52 AM

I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed (776 Views)

Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You / 3 Years Older Than My Boyfriend: Is It Ok? / My Girlfriend Is 4 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by Ifydawn: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2010
Please i need sincere advice from reasonable people not those that will call me names.
all my life am used to dating guys that are way older than i am, infact my last relationship was with a guy that is 10yrs older than i, But he is not always around and i decided to start another relationship and not wait for him.
I met this guy here in lagos, we are both from the same tribe. he has shown me more love and care than i can imagine.Even these days where every guys is insisting on profitably employed ladies, he doesn't seems to mind that i am presently unemployed as i lost my job more than a year ago and have been searching since, he went as far as enrolling and paying my tuition fees oin skills acquisition center, so that i can be profitably self employed.
But the problem is that i just found out that am two years older than him. he just turned 30 on july while i turned 32 this sept. we have never discussed age ,so he does not know. I have been having sleepless night thinking about this issue. all my cousins and sister married husbands that are two or a year older than them and i use to tell them that it is not enough, and now i have found myself with a younger man. help me with sincere advice, should i let him go or look for someone else. He plans to settle bf his next birthday. and loosing sleep over the issue, Not that am lacking suitos, i presently have an older guy, more than 7 yrs older asking for my hand in marriage but i do not love him. Please i need advice, but do not call me names. it is not usually my stlye date younger guys.i never thought of that before.
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by adetunrayo(f): 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2010
marry d guy if u love him, disregard d age issue. it may not even show till u tell people.

its nothing 2 worry about.
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by indie22(f): 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2010
You should try telling him about it, then see how it goes from there, 2 years isnt such a big deal, if you love each other enough and he's everything you want in ahubby, then the age difference shouldnt matter!
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by likeme(m): 3:40pm On Sep 22, 2010
marryiing somebody who really cared for you is a blessing. You might have suitors bot not a lover as you have found in this young man. Age is just a number.
Discuss it with him if he does not mind.
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by babyme1(f): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2010
Discuss this with him, and if he doesn't mind then go ahead and marry him. PLS let him know from you before the marriage.

Cheers wink
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by InkedNerd(f): 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2010
Honestly, I can't even believe your hear asking us for advice. There is a man who clearly loves you and you want to disregard his because he younger than you?!?! Are you serious? Do you hear youself? Would you rather marry a man that is 5 years older than you and doesn't treat you in a manner that is anywhere close to the way your current guy treats you? The answer is right in front of you and you already know what to do. If you want to let something trivial like age get in the way then go right ahead. Its not like he's 5 years younger than you [not that that should be an issue as well]. There are so many wonderful men out there and you some of women are droppin' 'em like a bad habit. Leave the the man so he can go an find someone who won't be so hung up on age since its such a big issue for you.
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by babyme1(f): 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2010
Hi Babes kiss kiss
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by slap1(m): 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2010
Must women marry guys that are older than them? And, let me tell you, two years is nothing if age must be an issue. You are just upset coz you chose to be. Grab ur luck with both hands before another girl helps you out!
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by circlet(f): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2010
Poster make up ur mind on what u want, dicuss it with him on time if he agrees then ALL THE BEST. All u need to do is to take ur mind totally off the age difference
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by olajidebaba(m): 7:16pm On Sep 22, 2010
Sisto age is jst a number n nt a barrier,u need 2 discuss it with ur man, age shldnt b an issue here,its nt a big deal, in as mch as he loves u then lov im too n stop contemplating
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by olajidebaba(m): 7:16pm On Sep 22, 2010
Sisto age is jst a number n nt a barrier,u need 2 discuss it with ur man, age shldnt b an issue here,its nt a big deal, in as mch as he loves u then lov im too n stop contemplating
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by Tolulop001(f): 7:50pm On Sep 22, 2010
its a mind thing, if u cant deal with it, leave him on time and starting looking for an older man,
if u can u berra grab him fast!
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by karjard(m): 8:50am On Sep 23, 2010
i belive age is just a number what matters most is the love you both share.so if you love him forget about the age and marry him.
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by idifu(m): 10:23am On Sep 23, 2010
go and listen to the song" Age aint nothing but a number" by the late Aaliyah. love does not have borders or barriers, follow ur heart
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by idifu(m): 10:24am On Sep 23, 2010
my girl friend of 4yrs is a year older than me, we even joke about it sometimes hehehehehe
Re: I Am Nearly Two Years Older,sincere Advice Needed by ice234: 12:44am On Sep 24, 2010
i was told age is a number.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Envy The Single One.relationship Palava / Reasons Why Men Want To Date 15 Yr Olds / Life Lessons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.