Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,265 members, 7,887,771 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:35 PM

Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her (89966 Views)

Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Bride Price Was Paid, Says Her Husband Is A Scam / Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Discovering That Her Husband-to-be Is Married / Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 14, 2019
luminouz:

N if he fuqs up ..grabh.isballs oooo wink
LOL, how're you? grin
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by ayobaye(m): 9:32pm On May 14, 2019
The two faces still resemble each other afterall. A word is enough for the wise. When people that are afar warn you, kindly listen gently to them.

1 Like

Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by BabaAduras: 9:42pm On May 14, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Lol, the mistake women always make.

That fix-him mentality would kill lots of women. Even in homes, you see women keeping broken and old objects. Men hardly do that. It is old- throw it away. It is broken- throw the damn thing away!! That is the average man for you.

Some women are obsessed with being that woman who tames a bad boy. The woman that will cry and a hardened gun-wielding robber would surrender...They always forget, men do not change after marriage. They even become brazen, while she finds a way to adapt.

This is why I like men, very selfish and radical in matters concerning their heart. You won't see a man trying to change an olosho. Im go just knack her like say the pussy is going extinct. Then on to the next one.

I do not totally agree with you that men do not think they can change and make attempts to do so. I think it is both ways. I knew men and have seen some from afar that married wayward women and wasted everything and their lives in the attempt of changing these women.

I have concluded that people (both male and female) with low esteem (irrespective of religion, wealth or social status) are those that find themselves stuck in those kind of abusive relationship.

1 Like

Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 14, 2019
BabaAduras:

I do not totally agree with you that men do not think they can change and make attempts to do so. I think it is both ways. I knew men and have seen some from afar that married wayward women and wasted everything and their lives in the attempt of changing these women.

I have concluded that people (both male and female) with low esteem (irrespective of religion, wealth or social status) are those that find themselves stuck in those kind of abusive relationship.

Alright... wink
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by emenezer(m): 9:51pm On May 14, 2019
Sorry, you mingled with a monster
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by godofuck231: 10:20pm On May 14, 2019
titiloyeblog:
@titiloyeblog.com

see the previous thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/5183457/wed-august-lady-seriously-battered

Imagine preparing for your wedding, making expenses, informing family and friends of what could possibly be the happiest day of your life, only to cancel it three months before the D-Day?

That was what 29-year-old Omolara Busari did but she is not regretful. According to her, calling the wedding off saved her from a lifetime of misery or, in a worst-case scenario, death.

Omolara said she called off the wedding after receiving the beating of her life from her fiancé, Adelekan Adelufosi.

Omolara, who hails from Iseyin, Oyo State, told The PUNCH that she endured her relationship with 32-year-old Adelufosi for four years.

They had planned to finally get married in August 2019, but their wedding has now been canceled after Adelufosi beat his fiancée to a pulp last Thursday at Iwere-Ile, Iwajowa, Oyo State.

Omolara, who spoke to our correspondent on the telephone, said she had only challenged Adelufosi for asking her not to ever relate with a woman who lives in their area.

By the time she knew what was happening, she had been admitted to hospital.

She said, “There is a woman who lives in my area, close to my apartment. We were just discussing and greeting each other when he (Adelufosi) showed up.

“Later, he went to the woman’s shop and warned her not to ever see her around me again. When we entered my apartment that night, I asked him, ‘Why did you do that?’

“That was the last thing I remembered saying. By the time I opened my eyes, I found myself in a hospital.”

From last Thursday night, Omolara had been receiving treatment and was discharged on Monday.

But that was not the first time Omolara would get physically assaulted by a man who claimed to love her and make his wife someday.

“That was the fifth time he would beat me,” Omolara said.

Asked why she held on to the man despite his abusive nature for so long, Omolara said it was because she had a daughter for him.

She said, “Actually, I wanted to marry him because I have a daughter, who is two years old, for him. This is what kept me glued to the relationship. But this time around, I don’t care. Our relationship has ended and I have canceled our wedding.

“Right from the beginning, my parents and siblings didn’t approve of our relationship, but I thought maybe after our wedding, he would change.

“We were already planning our wedding for August 2019, but like I said, it cannot hold again.”

Omolara lamented she did not heed her parents’ and siblings’ warning before. However, she was thankful it was not too late for her.

“Now, they (my parents and siblings) are relieved and I have finally learned my lesson. I am so happy that our relationship has ended,” she said.

Omolara said she was more relieved because she would not have to spend her savings on Adelufosi again, who she claimed to have been responsible for since their relationship started.

She said, “He only has the primary school leaving certificate. I am a trader and deal with beverages. He doesn’t have a job and I have been the one taking care of him.

“I used to buy him clothes, shoes, and others. Even the phone he’s using right now, I bought it for him. I was practically taking responsibility for his life.

“Just last week, I gave him N50,000 capital, encouraging him to start selling recharge cards. But after the beating, he burgled my shop and ran away. Up till now, he’s still at large. He was always mad at me for telling him to look for a job.”

Asked what he initially saw in the suspect before agreeing to date him, Omolara said she thought he was a good man because he was “calm and gentle.”

“I never knew he could be this dangerous. I knew his real person when I got closer to him. I also did not know he smokes and drinks alcohol a lot. Anytime I told him what he was doing was not good, he would be angry,” she added.

Asked what she would do if the suspect came back to apologize to her, she replied, “Am I a fool? It can’t happen. I have made up my mind. It was then that I used to fall for his apologies. He can never change.

“He used to threaten me that if I decided to break up with him, he would take our child, and this was why I held on to him for so long. I will raise my daughter, whom I had by Caesarean Section, on my own; I would never let her near him.”

Happy she had finally taken the bull by the horns by ending her relationship with Adelufosi and canceling her wedding, Omolara said the only thing she now wanted was justice.

“I want him to be punished,” she said.

She also told our correspondent that immediately after her discharge from the hospital on Monday morning, she went to report the case to the Divisional Crime Branch, Iwere-Ile Police Station, Oyo State.

Efforts to reach the Public Relations Officer of the Oyo State Police Command, Mr. Olugbenga Fadeyi, on Tuesday proved abortive.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/05/womhan-cancels-wedding-as-fiance-turns.html

this guy declared martial art on her face o, lol what a mess
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by pinkygurl(f): 10:21pm On May 14, 2019
SageMK:
She was lucky to escape with her life.
This last beating must have reset her senses.

So she endured all this time thinking he'll change... sad

That's exactly the kind of thinking trapping alot of people in an abusive relationship. Psychopaths do not change.
smh
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by Apination(m): 12:15am On May 15, 2019
Me when dey find responsible woman when go support me but No, they love to be beaten undecided
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by Summerbody: 12:45am On May 15, 2019
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by emelda86(f): 6:26am On May 15, 2019
“Just last week, I gave him N50,000 capital, encouraging him to start selling recharge cards. But after the beating, he burgled my shop and ran away. Up till now, he’s still at large. He was always mad at me for telling him to look for a job.”

She had a good mind to help her boyfriend but mba he's a Yoruba demon...

1 Like

Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by Nobody: 6:52am On May 15, 2019
MissRaine69:

That’s the thing though
Men who have such tendencies look for women they know they can manipulate. They look for those who don’t love themselves enough.
He has no job
She financed everything
Yet she stayed.
That is not a woman who reeks of confidence is it really? She claims she stayed because of the child but if the father is not contributing to the upkeep of his child his absence or presence is the same really. He is actually a burden.
I wonder why some women put up with such liability. And the lady is pretty fa
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by Nobody: 6:54am On May 15, 2019
Apination:
Me when dey find responsible woman when go support me but No, they love to be beaten undecided
Baba support yourself. Go and make money, no chook eye for woman money
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by Tosinisrael: 6:58am On May 15, 2019
the beating was an eyes opener, she should have noticed this days back before trying to engage in marriage. Thank God you're still alive to cancel the wedding.
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by Nobody: 6:58am On May 15, 2019
Mypeople2:
Naso una dey talk .You fit set blow ? Not to talk to somebody wey fit use bottle say draw map of Africa indicating all the rivers and main roads for your face
Well I've never dated an abusive person before but I have this ability to detect unstable characters and next thing na jakpa. I love myself too much to cope with such b.s

1 Like

Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by Nobody: 7:14am On May 15, 2019
Ok
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by tunary(m): 7:40am On May 15, 2019
Virus99:
Biafra Football Club grin
LOL
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by luminouz(m): 7:56am On May 15, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
LOL, how're you? grin
I'm fine jare....
Morning.
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by Brainboxfid(f): 8:23am On May 15, 2019
that's why I always say no matter how pretentious any partner is, they must reveal their through colour along the line of their relationship, some people are blinded by love that's why they are into a wrong marriage, thank God you made a wise decision.
but who was funding the marriage??
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by rockstar27(m): 8:57am On May 15, 2019
I SUPPORTED U OOO
NAH STUPID MAN BE THIS OOO....
MENTION UR FRIEND WHO CAN DO THIS AND LET THE FUN BEGIN,
I MENTION U, U CAN DO IT
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by Teeboi56: 10:54am On May 15, 2019
luminouz:
Woman beater oshi. undecided
Oshi abi Oshi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by MissRaine69(f): 1:32pm On May 15, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I wonder why some women put up with such liability. And the lady is pretty fa
If a woman has no self esteem, she will struggle to see true worth.
Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by MissRaine69(f): 1:33pm On May 15, 2019
Brainboxfid:
that's why I always say no matter how pretentious any partner is, they must reveal their through colour along the line of their relationship, some people are blinded by love that's why they are into a wrong marriage, thank God you made a wise decision.
but who was funding the marriage??
The man had no job and no identified source of income.
She was the one bringing in the money.
I would say it was certainly not the man.

1 Like

Re: Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her by Apination(m): 3:48pm On May 15, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Baba support yourself. Go and make money, no chook eye for woman money
Supporters club thank you undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"He Left Me Because I Was Ugly" — Lady Shares Transformation Photos / 19-Year-Old Boy Dies On Top Of A Sex Worker In Lagos During Intercourse / He Proposed Publicly, She Said YES, The Main Boyfriend Showed Up, This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.