Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,529 members, 7,888,696 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:04 PM

Do You Think It Is Fair That The Niger-delta Should Keep Causing Civil Unrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think It Is Fair That The Niger-delta Should Keep Causing Civil Unrest (1014 Views)

As Yorubas Gear Up To Fight Fulani Let Them Remember That All Is Fair In War / Sahara Reporters #operation Civil Unrest / Nigerians To Buhari, Declare Ur Assets Publicly As Promised Or Face Civil Unrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think It Is Fair That The Niger-delta Should Keep Causing Civil Unrest by festacson(m): 9:32pm On May 03, 2007
A lot of people debate in bars, schools, work places, and different joints in the country about the Niger-Delta. Some say if we need a united Nigeria, then the Government of the Nigeria needs to be incharge because any natural resources found in a country belongs to that country while others say that the tribe of that particular town should own and control any resources that is in their vacinity.

My thing is that if we talk about being united and had an accountable government I don't see no reason why the government shouldn't be the automatic controller of things like resources. To me it will be disastrous for future generations to call Nigeria their home but can't go to any state of their choice because those of resources reasons. Well, this paragraph is based on my view so talk about your view on the Niger-Delta issue and the civil unrest that it is developing from this.

(1) (Reply)

Welsh Dad Shot Dead In South Africa / South-east Will Be Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Economy Soon —chris Okoye / Jonathan Can’t Take Over •north Will Not Allow Vice President Replace Yar'adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.