Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,093 members, 7,939,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:37 AM

What Did Obasanjo Fail? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did Obasanjo Fail? (1001 Views)

Did Obasanjo Just Called PDP Chairman Boko Haram Sponsor? (pics) / Why Did Obasanjo Carry Many Machine In Ajakota Steel Complex To His Steel Mill? / DID OBASANJO WRITE Yesterday Jamb(see Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did Obasanjo Fail? by shinystar(m): 12:18pm On May 04, 2007
Nigerians are of the consensus that the Obasanjo presidecy for the past eight years is a failure. So, why did a man who started with so much promises fail the nation he loves so dearly? What factors contributed to his failure to lift Nigeria from doldodrum and take her to the promised land?

I am sure this assessment will offer the man an insight into why he failed so woefully in the assignment he pursued so passionately.
Re: What Did Obasanjo Fail? by Bankole01(m): 5:30pm On May 04, 2007
Too long to count. But most of all, he failed himself. he lost a goodwill given to him by the people of Nigeria, who need a messiah very badly!
Re: What Did Obasanjo Fail? by viee(f): 5:39pm On May 04, 2007
this is a joke right??

how can u ask that?

abi u want a textbook
Re: What Did Obasanjo Fail? by Mamajama(m): 6:36pm On May 04, 2007
OBJ failed because he did not prosecute IBB and get some of Nigerias money back
Re: What Did Obasanjo Fail? by mankevo(m): 7:51pm On May 04, 2007
He also failed because he thought Ya'Adua will die bi4 election so that he can hang on to POWER
Re: What Did Obasanjo Fail? by igoicum(m): 7:53pm On May 04, 2007
who said he failed? talk for yourself - thats your opinion.
Re: What Did Obasanjo Fail? by shinystar(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2007
The fact is Obasanjo is a failure. What has changed in the past 8 years? How well have Nigerians fared? How richer and better are they? It beats me that someone is contesting the obvious facts.

He failed because of self-interest. He is the most selfish man I have ever seen in my life.
Re: What Did Obasanjo Fail? by MILITIA(f): 8:02pm On May 21, 2007
Obj has always been an epitome of failure-----spiritually, physically, mentally, economically, and politically. So why are we surprised Has he done anything in the past that warrants faith in him as a leader? Where ever the ill wind blows him is where you will find him. He is passive--- a do nothing president--- and turns a blind eye or deaf ear to things that need attention. He is a typical Nigerian that thinks of himself alone and none other. People like that often forget that it is the generations to come that will suffer. How visionless!
Re: What Did Obasanjo Fail? by naijaway(m): 9:44pm On May 21, 2007
Obj to me got a 55% pass mark from me because most of the things he accomplished were not now now type of things, it is long term and solid foundation that have to be maintained and expanded. Eventhough, he did not make light efficient, he has already laid the long term foundation for power in all ways from natural gas, hydro, solar, ethanol, etc.
He also messed up in internal security, chain of command in the government, somehow in foreign policy because everyone outside knows our secrets, and oviously the presidential elections.
On the good sides, because he tried not to act too desperate so that nigeria don't get ripped off, he took time but planned for the future in the technological arena, the peacekeeping arena, the corruption arena by binging what they all did to light which sometimes backfired but he did bring it to light sha, being transparent than ever before, freedom of speech and press like never before, bringing back the prestige of the nation from 1 to 6 where 10 is the highest, by giving Nigeria a structure in organizations internally and externally, by people being patriotic like never before even when is not much, by taming the military and at the same time fighting all the bad belle people.
His first speech in '99 was give honor where honor is due.
Re: What Did Obasanjo Fail? by sleekdot(m): 6:49am On May 22, 2007
He failed woefully!! What happened to the millions spent on Turn around maintainance of refinery $900million 1n 2000 we still import every drop of Gas in Nigeria, What happened to the millions spent on National I.D card where are the cards if I may ask, What happened to the millions spent on Census we were now give a fraudulent result computed in Aso rock, What happened to the millions spent on s[b]ELECTION[/b] given the fraud that we have in return, What happened to electricity, never been this bad, what happened to security if UNKNOWN drug barons can kill minister of justice and after 7 years no solution just like UNKNOWN soldiers did to Fela's mother
Re: What Did Obasanjo Fail? by angel101(f): 4:03pm On May 22, 2007
naijaway:

Obj to me got a 55% pass mark from me because most of the things he accomplished were not now now type of things, it is long term and solid foundation that have to be maintained and expanded. Eventhough, he did not make light efficient, he has already laid the long term foundation for power in all ways from natural gas, hydro, solar, ethanol, etc.
He also messed up in internal security, chain of command in the government, somehow in foreign policy because everyone outside knows our secrets, and oviously the presidential elections.
On the good sides, because he tried not to act too desperate so that nigeria don't get ripped off, he took time but planned for the future in the technological arena, the peacekeeping arena, the corruption arena by binging what they all did to light which sometimes backfired but he did bring it to light sha, being transparent than ever before, freedom of speech and press like never before, bringing back the prestige of the nation from 1 to 6 where 10 is the highest, by giving Nigeria a structure in organizations internally and externally, by people being patriotic like never before even when is not much, by taming the military and at the same time fighting all the bad belle people.
His first speech in '99 was give honor where honor is due.

i personally had no faith in OBJ from the onset so my only suprise is that people are suprised. look back at his previous attempt at leading and u will agree with me.

he may have laid down some long term reforms as is being sold now to the people but even that is the action of an insensitive leader. after the decades of misrule and suffering under the military would it not have made sense to implement a few or even 1 policy that would affect the common man on the street?
OBJ as far as i am concerned is good riddance to utter rubbish!

i rest my case.
Re: What Did Obasanjo Fail? by moondust(m): 6:32pm On May 22, 2007
everything!
he failed in everything!
Re: What Did Obasanjo Fail? by locoman(m): 8:53am On May 25, 2007
OBJ means failure and if you want to see how failure look like just turn around and look at OBJ. He himself realized this, that is why He was seeking for third term to rectify things but it was too late for Him.
Re: What Did Obasanjo Fail? by ghengis(m): 12:27am On Jun 10, 2007
this is a joke right??

how can u ask that?

abi u want a textbook

word!!!

How could somenone ask that kinda que? i guess ytou don't live in Naija abi?

(1) (Reply)

WHO killed SAULA / Ibb’s In-law, Two Others Stand As Sureties For Ibori / Yar'adua Finally Nails Buhari/atiku, Promotes Tribunal Chairman To Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.