Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,461 members, 7,917,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 04:37 AM

Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition (9616 Views)

Osinbajo Wins Hearts Of Royal Fathers, Politicians, Business Leaders, & Others / 2023: Ahmed Lawan Refutes Reports Of Withdrawal, Says He Will Win Primary / Udom Emmanuel Buys SUVs For Royal Fathers In Akwa Ibom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by OEPHIUS(m): 3:08pm On May 19, 2019
Senator Ayogu Eze of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Enugu State, who filed a petition before the election tribunal, over conduct of the last governorship election in the state won by the incumbent governor, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, has again hinted on his plan to formally withdraw the petition.

Senator Eze gave the hint to newsmen when the Enugu State Traditional Rulers’ Council, led by its chairman, HRH Igwe Lawrence Agubuzu, paid him a visit at his Enugu residence yesterday, to appeal to him to withdraw the petition he submitted to the tribunal in the overall interest of the state, “present and future generations of Enugu State”.

He described the intervention by the royal fathers as the climax of it all.
The APC chieftain, who noted that he had received several groups of notable personalities on the same mission, added that the visit by the revered royal fathers who are “the custodians of our culture and tradition” was “really a mark of honour and respect”, saying: “I am highly honoured by their presence”.

He therefore, reassured the monarchs that their “efforts to bring peace shall not be in vain” and told them that he will revert to them “within the next one or two days”.

His words: “I am highly honoured by their presence. I want to assure them that their effort to bring peace shall not be in vain. I have told the chairman that within the next one or two days, I will revert to him. I have been consulting widely and I also need to talk to the leadership of my party on this visit, because this visit by traditional rulers is indeed a turning point. I have had visitations from other groups but this is the height of it. I want to assure them that their visit shall not be in vain”.

Amb. Agubuzu, who spoke earlier to journalists after the closed-door meeting with Senator Eze, said they came on behalf of the people of Enugu State and the traditional rulers in particular, “to appeal to our own illustrious son, Distinguished Senator Ayogu Eze, to withdraw the petition which he submitted to the tribunal over the governorship election that took place in Enugu State.

The royal father disclosed that they discussed extensively with Senator Eze, asking him to “honour us by agreeing to withdraw that petition” saying: “He is somebody we all know. He is our son, we love him, we like him and that is why we are appealing to him, that in the interest of not only the present generation, but the future generation of Enugu State, he should withdraw the petition.”

According to him, “we are here representing the people of Enugu State generally and the traditional rulers in particular. We feel that at this juncture, we should appeal to our sons in politics in Enugu State, to close ranks and work as one for the progress and prosperity of the State.”

https://thecitizenng.com/enugu-guber-sen-eze-assures-royal-fathers-of-imminent-withdrawal-of-election-petition/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by Amuocha: 3:27pm On May 19, 2019
Great

But when will Agbaje challenge Sanwo Olu's victory sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by NwaNimo1(m): 3:27pm On May 19, 2019
Bloody...
Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by NwaNimo1(m): 3:27pm On May 19, 2019
Thief....
Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by JubrinElSudan: 3:28pm On May 19, 2019
10k votes, make dem leave am make em waste small money for lawyers hands
Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by jeff1607(m): 3:29pm On May 19, 2019
no one respects the royal fathers over there
the strength of your arm is what earns respect

1 Like

Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by Educator2(f): 3:35pm On May 19, 2019
Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 19, 2019
Royal fathers.....

Do these people have custom and traditions when they beat a traditional ruler to death.
Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by adisabarber(m): 3:40pm On May 19, 2019
Why are they begging him not to satisfy himself?
Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by wakes: 3:41pm On May 19, 2019
ok
Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by FhukaFhuka: 3:42pm On May 19, 2019
Amuocha:
Great

But when will Agbaje challenge Sanwo Olu's victory sef

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by hopexter(m): 3:43pm On May 19, 2019
Greedy royal fathers. It's so obvious they're there for cheques, why not send a representative. undecided
Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by PennywysCares(m): 3:44pm On May 19, 2019
he can't win the case either,

so

let him waste the money

all we don't care

Enugu State is 100% PDP

we don't need dumb lifeless party in the east

they can flood with their lifeless leaders in their northern states and the world poverty capital

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by deafeyez: 3:47pm On May 19, 2019
As if the petition lack any merit.
Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 19, 2019
Igbo traditional attire dressing is one of the most beautiful regalia I have seen in my life. I'm assure Abraham, Issac and Jacob wore the same attire...so ancient and biblical. Only if Igbos know who they are. THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE YOU PEOPLE!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by Atk1nson(m): 4:02pm On May 19, 2019
Is this not the candidate that had less than 50k votes? Bunch of jokers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by Kingosytex(m): 4:02pm On May 19, 2019
this guy was the biggest loser in the just concluded elections. he was beaten blue, white, black and even red.

a governorship candidate from the ruling party that got less than 15k votes... lol! i laugh in swahili

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by Kingosytex(m): 4:03pm On May 19, 2019
Success1020:
x

X For Xylophone
Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by chiedu7: 4:03pm On May 19, 2019
APC IS DEAD IN THE SOUTH EAST & SOUTH-SOUTH. angry

WILL DIE SOON IN THE SOUTH-WEST BY THE TIME TINUBU EYE CLEAR FINISH grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 19, 2019
Kingosytex:

X For Xylophone

1 Share

Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by Passionate888: 4:08pm On May 19, 2019
Even if you no withdraw, you go still fail.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by princeade86(m): 4:12pm On May 19, 2019
Pls how many votes he got
Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by ChristianNorth: 4:16pm On May 19, 2019
Atk1nson:
Is this not the candidate that had less than 50k votes? Bunch of jokers
Enugu people will vex for you ooh. The dude got 10k votes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 19, 2019
Nna so the 22.5million you dashed Oshiomole never do..is it 10,000 vote you want to go and challenge?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by Hotzone(m): 4:20pm On May 19, 2019
Respect for elders and constituted body

Interested Loomilites should register to 5k group now,..,contact my sig
Re: Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition by Chinashopping84: 4:24pm On May 19, 2019
OK ....a lot of money would have exchange hands..meanwhile we order and ship your goods to nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aspirants Oppose APC’s Consensus Option For National Chairmanship / 2023: Atiku Has Explained How He Will Restructure Nigeria – Obaseki / Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.