Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,973 members, 7,942,472 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:50 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (1015156 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (550) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2019
Chelseafan1:
Guys, what would you do if a mechanic who was meant to repair your car, parked it in his workshop, got it to work later that night, took it out to a club and got in an accident that got the car badly damaged?

Wetin u go do? It happened to someone very close to me recently.

Note: You both agreed it was gonna be fixed the next day and he decided to go fix it dt nyt, took it out to the club/bar without your consent. Car got badly damaged at the front end. It was a head-on collision with anoda stationary vehicle. Car in question is a 2010 C300 Benz.
This is a jail matter.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DAVE5(m): 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Buy 2012 C250 abeg..
Nice car, more reliable.....if I sell my 2005 C230k, I am getting it.

Benz is just too sweet, tooo sweet. Sweet pass Virgin wet toto

Looks exactly like the c300

Better soup nah money kill am ohh
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by seanfer(m): 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2019
tmanis:

Sorry to butt in, i just need some clarification.

Why is it that whenever the discussion tends towards requesting advice on the lexus IS350, the most common comment is 'the engine is 1million naira, get the is250'?

Is it that the engine is unreliable, and would need to be replaced frequently? I think (stand to be corrected) that the engine of those cars should - with proper timely maintenance, which shouldn't be that hard since you can afford the car initially - be able to last the lifetime of the car, considering the lexus/Toyota reliability reputation.

I'm just always surprised when the engine price is the first thing that comes up as a factor for not picking the car, is there a problem somewhere?

When buying a car, somethings need to be put into consideration... Maintaining the Engine is not a big deal... But what if the Mechanic mess up with the engine?... What if accident occur and the engine needs replacement... This are the things I consider.... The engine is strong and durable....

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2019
DAVE5:

Better soup nah money kill am ohh

3.5m to 4m

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2019
Smartchoiice:

This is a jail matter.

Ur car nko, would u rather they fix it or u press for a new one and dash his family the accidented one?

Bumper, lights, fenders, bonnet, airbags, fan, condenser, radiator don scatter. Chassis sef got affected, no glass broke, engine wasn't affected too. Dashboard is safe too. Tyres, suspension parts got damaged.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Ur car nko, would u rather they fix it or u press for a new one and dash his family the accidented one?

Bumper, lights, fenders, bonnet, airbags, fan, condenser, radiator don scatter. Chassis sef got affected, no glass broke, engine wasn't affected too. Dashboard is safe too. Tyres, suspension parts got damaged.

Hmmm depends. It's my car. I have fiduciary duties to my properties
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Mehn, happened to us four or is it five years ago. Mechanic wasn't in a good condition to even speak, chap was badly injured and almost paralysed from the waist down. Old boy contributed some money for his hospital bill. The police seized the crosstour, we paid 30k to bail the car and sold it for scraps.
Car was less than 2 years old. It was a sad week, but like they say we move

P. S he picked the car to change a noisy bearing, 3 hours later after he has stopped for a couple beers - we recieved a phone call from a stern voice inviting us to the station, that he had gone under a parked trailer

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
Eddee:

Mehn, happened to us four or is it five years ago. Mechanic wasn't in a good condition to even speak, chap was badly injured and almost paralysed from the waist down. Old boy contributed some money for his hospital bill. The police seized the crosstour, we paid 30k to bail the car and sold it for scraps.
Car was less than 2 years old. It was a sad week, but like they say we move

P. S he picked the car to change a noisy bearing, 3 hours later after he has stopped for a couple beers - we recieved a phone call from a stern voice inviting us to the station, that he had gone under a parked trailer

Jesus christ! This is so sad but this case is a little different from urs, almost similar sha. This guy didn't die, he even came out unhurt.

His family wants to fix the car. Can dt Benz be properly fixed without issues.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2019
Chelseafan1:
Guys, what would you do if a mechanic who was meant to repair your car, parked it in his workshop, got it to work later that night, took it out to a club and got in an accident that got the car badly damaged?

Wetin u go do? It happened to someone very close to me recently.

Note: You both agreed it was gonna be fixed the next day and he decided to go fix it dt nyt, took it out to the club/bar without your consent. Car got badly damaged at the front end. It was a head-on collision with anoda stationary vehicle. Car in question is a 2010 C300 Benz.

Every car should always be comprehensively insured

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DAVE5(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2019
Chelseafan1:

3.5m to 4m

I Dey do serious project next 6 weeks, I cannot cough out more than 3m, buying the car sef gan has eaten into the project, now I need to double my hustle to meet up

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jarkbauer: 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Every car should always be comprehensively insured

Comprehensive insurance wont give you your car back. And with proper investigation and it was discover that you were not behind the wheels you will get less.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
jarkbauer:

Comprehensive insurance wont give you your car back. And with proper investigation and it was discover that you were not behind the wheels you will get less.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Buy 2012 C250 abeg..
Nice car, more reliable.....if I sell my 2005 C230k, I am getting it.

Benz is just too sweet, tooo sweet. Sweet pass Virgin wet toto

Looks exactly like the c300
if you know as I hate this c250 weh you dey praise all the time ehn angry
Why will I buy something as underpowered as it with a heavier body?
C300 or C350 all the way bro.team speed cool
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sacramento1212: 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2019
Logobenz:

It's all about choice but me i don't like the C250. If i must do a W204, it will definitely be a C350 even though it can be scarce when compared to C300.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor250: 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2019
sacramento1212:

It's all about choice but me i don't like the C250. If i must do a W204, it will definitely be a C350 even though it can be scarce when compared to C300.

But all of them na groundnut eye cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Midoda: 6:37pm On Sep 18, 2019
jarkbauer:

Provided the driver is licensed to drive,it dont matter no(in Chris Browns voice)
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2019
Logobenz:

It's the same engine with our c230k na, abi? But with a Turbo charger.

I am not a speed demon like you bro.

The car is finer than our own.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 8:01pm On Sep 18, 2019
Midoda:

Provided the driver is licensed to drive,it dont matter no(in Chris Browns voice)

Which naija kazeem get license?

Chelseafan1:

Jesus christ! This is so sad but this case is a little different from urs, almost similar sha. This guy didn't die, he even came out unhurt.

His family wants to fix the car. Can dt Benz be properly fixed without issues.

With the kind of extensive damage you mentioned to even the car's structure? Impossicant
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2019
sacramento1212:

Why do u hate the c250
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sacramento1212: 9:18pm On Sep 18, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Why do u hate the c250

I prefer naturally aspirated engines.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2019
sacramento1212:

I prefer naturally aspirated engines.

For this naija, no time to be over spending on fuel abeg.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2019
Chelseafan1:

How's your car?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sacramento1212: 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Lol.. it's all about choice bro.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor250: 1:20am On Sep 19, 2019
Please do you people know what's wrong with this "poor man's BMW"?

Not the first I've seen. angry

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 19, 2019
When men slept the enemy came to sow tares.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor250: 2:14am On Sep 19, 2019
Smartchoiice:
When men slept the enemy came to sow tares.
Shithole dweller, are you saying that all the men in, say, Los Angeles have slept? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 4:12am On Sep 19, 2019
sacramento1212:

Lol.. it's all about choice bro.

If the only reason they dislike the c250 is because of its 1.8l engine and speed nd not something else .... Abeg, dts cool for me. That 1.8l engine is perfect for me. Na the other luxury features I dey gbadun for the car matter.

It's way better than the Corolla of same year in performance, Beauty, design, prestige, handling and luxury

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 4:14am On Sep 19, 2019
Smartchoiice:

How's your car?

E dey bros, d 2012 c250 is better than my car na

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Chelseafan1:

E dey bros, d 2012 c250 is better than my car na
Small small o

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sacramento1212: 7:52am On Sep 19, 2019
Chelseafan1:

If the only reason they dislike the c250 is because of its 1.8l engine and speed nd not something else .... Abeg, dts cool for me. That 1.8l engine is perfect for me. Na the other luxury features I dey gbadun for the car matter.

It's way better than the Corolla of same year in performance, Beauty, design, prestige, handling and luxury

Of course it's better than the Corolla. I used to love the w204 but if i must do a sedan Mercedes Benz today, it definitely would be a 2014 E350 if i don't have a tight budget but if budget is tight, then 2010 to 2013.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 6:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
sacramento1212:

Of course it's better than the Corolla. I used to love the w204 but if i must do a sedan Mercedes Benz today, it definitely would be a 2014 E350 if i don't have a tight budget but if budget is tight, then 2010 to 2013.

Who knows maybe you work with Shell or Chevron and stay in a nice, rich men area.

Where I stay in Osun, my tinted 14-year old c230k is like a king in the jungle. They see me as one rich baller. I'll just invite armed robbers or kidnappers if I dare try drive a 2014 E350....besides,shey I wan steal the money ni

The 2005 C230 Kompressor sef, one of the reasons I tinted it is so pple will see the small guy behind the steering.

Naija is not smiling at the moment bro. People are bitter and vexing cos of frustration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sacramento1212: 7:27pm On Sep 19, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Who knows maybe you work with Shell or Chevron and stay in a nice, rich men area.

Where I stay in Osun, my tinted 14-year old c230k is like a king in the jungle. They see me as one rich baller. I'll just invite armed robbers or kidnappers if I dare try drive a 2014 E350....besides,shey I wan steal the money ni

The 2005 C230 Kompressor sef, one of the reasons I tinted it is so pple will see the small guy behind the steering.

Naija is not smiling at the moment bro. People are bitter and vexing cos of frustration.

grin grin grin
You are making me laugh real hard here. I never indicated in my previous post that i am in the market for a 2014 E350. I only just stated my preference and that even if my budget is tight, i will downgrade to a 2010 E350 which is just about #800K to #1million more to your 2012 C250.

I don't live in Osun and in the part of Lagos i stay, people are driving brand new E350 and other luxury brands without any issues. I don't work for Chevron or Shell but just a normal hustler that love good things and once the funds are there to procure one, i will definitely go ahead.

I understand your point completely which is to avoid unnecessary exposure for security reasons. The mistake many make is that if you live in an environment that will single you out as the only one driving an exotic brand, then it's best not to buy it but rather live a low key life or better still, pack out of such environ and go to an environment that suits your status.

Even the w203 you drive, there are many out there that will still rate you as one that has so much money in the account. But once again, i get your point completely.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (550) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: oluwaseunla(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.