Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,709 members, 7,938,144 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 06:29 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (1013986 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (550) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
Smartchoiice:
Yes cajoling ...

I prefer the verb "negotiate"

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
Is anyone presently rocking the cls ? I am seriously considering this. Any info about the cls? Learnt it shares the same platform with the e class

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 10:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
kong4:
Is anyone presently rocking the cls ? I am seriously considering this. Any info about the cls? Learnt it shares the same platform with the e class

There's one where I live, played football with the owner earlier. Will borrow and test drive tomorrow. If successful, I'll post pictures. It's same like a facelifted E class but with less legroom, same interior and a very beautiful exterior design. Mechanically it's a Sports oriented E class that's trying very hard to be an S class

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2019
Eddee:

There's one where I live, played football with the owner earlier. Will borrow and test drive tomorrow. If successful, I'll post pictures. It's same like a facelifted E class but with less legroom, same interior and a very beautiful exterior design. Mechanically it's a Sports oriented E class that's trying very hard to be an S class

I will be waiting to read about the experience
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 20, 2019
kong4:

Read up on this thread
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Iogobenz(m): 3:06am On Oct 20, 2019
Honestly as a young man trying to make a headway for himself,Merc or say German luxury isn't such a smart thing to do,except for early bloomers.
My Merc has cost me more than ×3 of it's purchase money just to keep it running for 5years+ now.
Japs are very reliable,I noticed ever since I went the Lexus way and my honda too back in the days never disappointed,no matter what!
Also for speed,most japs take off the line very fast but then after 100kph,mercs start to catch up and later feed them dust till the end,except for some few.
9icetoo my car na C230k facelift,not C180k angry E pain me say n.a. you dey confuse my own car like this.
Kingreign,you really think your RX330 will race my C230k and win?I don't think so.
As for the 05 V6 Camry,I can attest to this,I don chop severe beating from e hand before and also from the 07 accord v6.
Also some of these recent Mazda 626 na fire ooo.
If I succeed to sell this my old Merc e go tay before I buy another one o lol.
Maybe by say 2023/2024 I'll get a W205 jeje.
Be wise,life no start and end on cars!!

8 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 6:32am On Oct 20, 2019
kong4:

I actually unfollowed the thread, but because I love a CLS, I had to come back. Don't get a 2004-2007 MY, start from 08 upwards. They are expensive to own and maintain. They're E with roof and door pillars chopped off and theyre 2+2. More of a grand tourer roadster oriented vehicle. You shouldn't touch an abused unit cos it will demolish your account, even a clean title well maintained unit shreds the account of its owners....
Nuff said!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 6:34am On Oct 20, 2019
Iogobenz:
Honestly as a young man trying to make a headway for himself,Merc or say German luxury isn't such a smart thing to do,except for early bloomers.
My Merc has cost me more than ×3 of it's purchase money just to keep it running for 5years+ now.
Japs are very reliable,I noticed ever since I went the Lexus way and my honda too back in the days never disappointed,no matter what!
Also for speed,most japs take off the line very fast but then after 100kph,mercs start to catch up and later feed them dust till the end,except for some few.
9icetoo my car na C230k facelift,not C180k angry E pain me say n.a. you dey confuse my own car like this.
Kingreign,you really think your RX330 will race my C230k and win?I don't think so.
As for the 05 V6 Camry,I can attest to this,I don chop severe beating from e hand before and also from the 07 accord v6.

You don't know that its only a fraction of 0.02 seconds a C230k is faster than an RX330 AWD till 100km/h, so I'd forgive you on this.

Guy how you dey? You've been lowkey lately, hope all's well?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 20, 2019
kingreign:

I actually unfollowed the thread, but because I love a CLS, I had to come back. Don't get a 2004-2007 MY, start from 08 upwards. They are expensive to own and maintain. They're E with roof and door pillars chopped off and theyre 2+2. More of a grand tourer roadster oriented vehicle. You shouldn't touch an abused unit cos it will demolish your account, even a clean title well maintained unit shreds the account of its owners....
Nuff said!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 20, 2019
Iogobenz:
What are you even saying nwanneni?

You drive a Mercedes like a Steyr truck...what were you thinking?

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 20, 2019
kingreign:

Nuff said!

Thanks bro. Well noted
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Iogobenz(m): 9:14am On Oct 20, 2019
kingreign:

You don't know that its only a fraction of 0.02 seconds a C230k is faster than an RX330 AWD till 100km/h, so I'd forgive you on this.

Guy how you dey? You've been lowkey lately, hope all's well?
I dey oo.just one or 2 challenges but we go dey alright.
Hope you cool too.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 9:16am On Oct 20, 2019
kong4:

I will be waiting to read about the experience

Challenge declined, he's on his way to Church. Forgot today was a Sunday.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 9:20am On Oct 20, 2019
Smartchoiice:

What are you even saying nwanneni?

You drive a Mercedes like a Steyr truck...what were you thinking?

Logobenz is right you know? Sometimes you just gotta admit the truth, it won't change a thing. I thought someone on here once said a certain Merc was built to be driven at 200 kmph everyday throughout the course of its operational life? Oh, that someone is you!

Cost of running a Benz over time is very expensive. Not every one owns a dinosaur like you do grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor250: 9:54am On Oct 20, 2019
Iogobenz:

Haha. I love how honest you are. Kia and Mercedes nearly finished my life and I was saved by Toyota/Lexus.

With this kind of honesty continuing from other Benzedes fanatics I might unfollow this thread and stop trolling Benzedes fans on nairaland. cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 20, 2019
Eddee:

Chief I'm done with puny V6 engines. (no significant difference in Mpg between a 6 and 8 shooter). I average 20 ltrs per 100km city driving in a 3.2l engine (no CEL), car is in stock form

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 20, 2019
Eddee:

Challenge declined, he's on his way to Church. Forgot today was a Sunday.

Okay
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Iogobenz(m): 10:06am On Oct 20, 2019
conductor250:

Haha. I love how honest you are. Kia and Mercedes nearly finished my life and I was saved by Toyota/Lexus.

With this kind of honesty continuing from other Benzedes fanatics I might unfollow this thread and stop trolling Benzedes fans on nairaland. cheesy
I am in no bandwagon movement.
I mostly share my experiences as they come,no time for foolishness.
I kind of feel you are egunmogaji2 though undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 20, 2019
Eddee:

Logobenz is right you know? Sometimes you just gotta admit the truth, it won't change a thing. I thought someone on here once said a certain Merc was built to be driven at 200 kmph everyday throughout the course of its operational life? Oh, that someone is you!

Cost of running a Benz over time is very expensive. Not every one owns a dinosaur like you do grin grin

False

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2019
Smartchoiice:

False

Ask E.FCC - most of the upcoming yah.oo boys online investors don't buy their beloved X204 and W204's anymore. They now roll in bright red/white colored Japs grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 20, 2019
Eddee:

Ask E.FCC - most of the upcoming yah.oo boys online investors don't buy their beloved X204 and W204's anymore. They now roll in bright red/white colored Japs grin
Well my w210 E320 is alive and kicking.

Thinking of adding a E430.... Life is good

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 10:14am On Oct 20, 2019
rationalmind:

It says right here V6 engines are... grin

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 10:17am On Oct 20, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Well my w210 E320 is alive and kicking.

Thinking of adding a E430.... Life is good

Congratulations in advance.

A quick one, why are you so eager to remain on the W210 platform? If you can afford an 8 cyl variant of that old workhorse. You can definitely afford to upgrade to the cosmetic finer offerings of newer Mercs?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 10:20am On Oct 20, 2019
Iogobenz:

I’ve never owned a Korean vehicle in my life and probably never will.

I take my automotive hobby seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 10:22am On Oct 20, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I’ve never owned a Korean vehicle in my life and probably never will.

I take my automotive hobby seriously.

Baba, even the Koreans? grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 20, 2019
Eddee:

Congratulations in advance.

A quick one, why are you so eager to remain on the W210 platform? If you can afford an 8 cyl variant of that old workhorse. You can definitely afford to upgrade to the cosmetic finer offerings of newer Mercs?
Hmmm hmmmmm image right back at you sir! My Mercedes Benz ownership hobby is a serious business.....

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 20, 2019
Iogobenz:
Egun doesn't roll like that. Trolling at 2,3,4 AM?! Nah!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2019
Eddee:

Baba, even the Koreans? grin

So many marquee and models from Britain, Italy, Japan to sample first jare cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
kong4:

Air suspension a problem on these. We chose to sell ours instead of bring it when we moved

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2019
radautoworks:

Air suspension a problem on these. We chose to sell ours instead of bring it when we moved

Unless he can get a CLS350 without the air suspension. They're exclusive to Europe, though, I believe.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Unless he can get a CLS350 without the air suspension. They're exclusive to Europe, though, I believe.

If that's a thing then heck yeah on this car!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

So many marquee and models from Britain, Italy, Japan to sample first jare cheesy

Carry on sir

radautoworks:

Very easy. Convert to normal struts here in Nigeria (toks o). Being there done that, didn't cost up to 200k

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (550) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.