Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,564 members, 7,934,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:06 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (1012549 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (550) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 11:53am On May 06, 2020
AmuDimpka:
it is I have driven it ...EOD , very light
I have. But not on motion. Though not as heavy as German vehicles

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 11:59am On May 06, 2020
Praxtech:

I have. But not on motion. Though not as heavy as German vehicles
in motion that car is as light as anything ....
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 12:23pm On May 06, 2020
AmuDimpka:
in motion that car is as light as anything ....
I only drove it intracity
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 12:25pm On May 06, 2020
Praxtech:

do 120 - 140km/h and see it turn into flying carpet

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 12:27pm On May 06, 2020
AmuDimpka:
do 120 - 140km/h and see it turn into flying carpet
Lol

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 2felix(m): 12:37pm On May 06, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Says who ?
I mean the w202 model
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 3:49pm On May 06, 2020
Praxtech:

In fact that EOD is very very light. Someone gave me his own to drive and for the sake of fear I couldn’t get to 100kph, so that I won’t end up in the bush. At top speed with such cars, if those stubborn goats and dogs decide to cross at that time, hmmmmm u know the rest.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zane2point4(m): 4:10pm On May 06, 2020
ibbabah:

In fact that EOD is very very light. Someone gave me his own to drive and for the sake of fear I couldn’t get to 100kph, so that I won’t end up in the bush. At top speed with such cars, if those stubborn goats and dogs decide to cross at that time, hmmmmm u know the rest.
Nigerians and overexaggeration,even if na byke wey u deh ride u never see okada man wey deh pass 120?
Abeg stop all these baseless noise making.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by otugbem(m): 4:17pm On May 06, 2020
searchng4love:

On a Benz thread? Ok. Where's your location?

Pardon my naivety boss! grin

Location is Warri
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 4:36pm On May 06, 2020
AmuDimpka:
it is I have driven it ...EOD , very light
Kindly explain what you mean.
1.is it that when the EOD gets to speeds above 120km/hr, the manufacturers stated mass of the vehicle defies laws of physics and changes ?
2. Are you talking about steering feedback?
3. Are you talking about vehicle traction?
4. Are you talking about oversteer or understeer?
5. Are you talking about the inability of the EOD to generate enough down force to give its tires more traction?
6. How many g's does the EOD pull during a slalom test?

You do realise the EOD has a higher ground clearance and driver position than the c class of the same year?
Ever seen a go-cart with the driver literally millimeters off the ground?
Do you think any sedan will ever feel as planted to the ground as a go-cart?
You do realise a go cart is about ten times lighter than a sedan and will take corners in ways no sedan can?

You sound like me when I was 6 years old.

By the time, you are done answering me all these, maybe you'd know better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:50pm On May 06, 2020
9icetoo:

Kindly explain what you mean.
1.is it that when the EOD gets to speeds above 120km/hr, the manufacturers stated mass of the vehicle defies laws of physics and changes ?
2. Are you talking about steering feedback?
3. Are you talking about vehicle traction?
4. Are you talking about oversteer or understeer?
5. Are you talking about the inability of the EOD to generate enough down force to give its tires more traction?
6. How many g's does the EOD pull during a slalom test?

You do realise the EOD has a higher ground clearance and driver position than the c class of the same year?
Ever seen a go-cart with the driver literally millimeters off the ground?
Do you think any sedan will ever feel as planted to the ground as a go-cart?
You do realise a go cart is about ten times lighter than a sedan and will take corners in ways no sedan can?

You sound like me when I was 6 years old.

By the time, you are done answering me all these, maybe you'd know better.

I don't quite agree with you on this. All cars don't have the same stability in speed, and Germans are typically much better than the Japanese are providing that solid, grounded feeling at higher speeds. Most say it's because German cars have to be able to keep up on the Autobahn.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor260: 5:37pm On May 06, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I don't quite agree with you on this. All cars don't have the same stability in speed, and Germans are typically much better than the Japanese are providing that solid, grounded feeling at higher speeds. Most say it's because German cars have to be able to keep up on the Autobahn.

Yes, exactly like this one cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxoizC-yMew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:05pm On May 06, 2020
The real flop is assuming I'm going to start arguing with you. grin

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 6:37pm On May 06, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
The real flop is assuming I'm going to start arguing with you. grin
Wow just wow...did you just diss someone like that.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by SmileB1(m): 6:59pm On May 06, 2020
Good evening everyone,please I want to get a Mercedes Benz c200(2003 model),by this weekend.i need some advice on the car maintenance and if the car is good for a young hustler.thank you..... Nigeria use
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 7:02pm On May 06, 2020
SmileB1:
Good evening everyone,please I want to get a Mercedes Benz c200(2003 model),by this weekend.i need some advice on the car maintenance and if the car is good for a young hustler.thank you..... Nigeria use
Very nice car.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 7:11pm On May 06, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Read my post again. Did you see the part about height and driver seating?
I forgot to add suspension setup as well.
Feeling isn't reality.
Can you answer on his behalf?
Does your infinity feel light above 120km/hr?
Is it German?
The stereotype is becoming boring and beginning to sound unintelligent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:26pm On May 06, 2020
9icetoo:

Feeling isn't reality.
Is it German?

It's not a stereotype, tbh. It's universally agreed that German cars are more stable and inspire more confidence at those speeds. Check on Quora, Reddit, etc. Forums where owners have listed car ownership histories of German, American, and Japanese marques.

Denying it is like saying something like reduced NVH on German cars is also just a stereotype. Btw, NVH is also a big factor in the feeling of stability.

I push my car above 150km/hr regularly, and I've never felt like it was light. I wouldn't consider my car to be an average Japanese car, though, since it's built on a sports platform, has a low center of gravity, weighs almost 4000 lbs, and has AWD. Even then, I'm positive a 3-series would still handle high speeds better. In fact, this is why I'll ultimately go German.

I'm talking more of the Camry's, Civics, Corollas. No way they feel anywhere near as stable as something comparable like a Golf.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/cmanke/what_subtle_differences_have_you_noticed_between/ew12slc?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-German-cars-feel-so-stable-at-high-speed
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 7:26pm On May 06, 2020
Zane2point4:

Nigerians and overexaggeration,even if na byke wey u deh ride u never see okada man wey deh pass 120?
Abeg stop all these baseless noise making.

I have the right to share what I felt when I drove the car and u have urs too. So park well make I see road.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 7:47pm On May 06, 2020
Dannybrasky how far?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 7:49pm On May 06, 2020
Eddee:
Dannybrasky how far?
Check him out on his happy thread
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor260: 8:03pm On May 06, 2020
9icetoo:

Feeling isn't reality.
Is it German?
Tell the Benzedes fanboy that no matter the suspension on the highest trim of Landcruiser, the smallest trim of Supra is going to be more balanced when navigating corners: the higher the ground clearance the less the balance.

Most Toyotas are made for working-class people: narrow and high ground clearance while they made Benzedes and BMW shitboxes with wide body and low clearance for jobless yahoo criminals to be racing each other when other people have gone for their legitimate businesses. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by happydude: 9:00pm On May 06, 2020
Good evening everyone and happy Corona holiday... Please I am having issues with my c230 kompressor 05 model recently, I started seeing black smoke when I start the car early in the morning after few second I dont see it again and. I found out that the oil was 3.7ltr Instead of 6 ltr plus using the onboard digital oil gauge which I used. Please what can I do to fix the above issues... and again I tend to perceive foul smell when driving I believe from the exhaust ... thanks alot .
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 9:03pm On May 06, 2020
happydude:
Good evening everyone and happy Corona holiday... Please I am having issues with my c230 kompressor 05 model recently, I started seeing black smoke when I start the car early in the morning after few second I dont see it again and. I found out that the oil was 3.7ltr Instead of 6 ltr plus using the onboard digital oil gauge which I used. Please what can I do to fix the above issues... and again I tend to perceive foul smell when driving I believe from the exhaust ... thanks alot .

Black smoke is excess fuel...

Bluish smoke oil burning....

Confirm the colour of the exhaust smoke first.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by happydude: 9:04pm On May 06, 2020
Black sir
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 9:09pm On May 06, 2020
happydude:
Black sir

Fuel injection system, vacuum system, and airflow meter. Physical inspection needed. Why not visit your tech. Driving a car dumping fuel is dangerous for certain key components of the vehicle.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 9:12pm On May 06, 2020
Eddee:
Dannybrasky how far?
Boss man,I hail,How e dey happen?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Furrylow: 9:27pm On May 06, 2020
happydude:

I suspect that your engine is showing signs that it needs a replacement. You can cross check with different mechanics to be sure of the problem. That can also be the reason you have reduction of your engine oil
As for the exhaust smell, you need to check your catalytic converter (indomie as we call it here). There are times it gets damaged and blocks the exhaust then you start perceiving something in the car itself. Hope this helps, cheer

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ifebazz(m): 9:27pm On May 06, 2020
Hahahahaha....this guy is a nut case. cheesy

conductor260:

Tell the Benzedes fanboy that no matter the suspension on the highest trim of Landcruiser, the smallest trim of Supra is going to be more balanced when navigating corners: the higher the ground clearance the less the balance.

Most Toyotas are made for working-class people: narrow and high ground clearance while they made Benzedes and BMW shitboxes with wide body and low clearance for jobless yahoo criminals to be racing each other when other people have gone for their legitimate businesses. cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 10:15pm On May 06, 2020
dannybrasky:

Boss man,I hail,How e dey happen?

I say make I hail you small. Area dey calm and quiet
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by happydude: 10:26pm On May 06, 2020
The engine has been changed but my senior bros has been using a mobil 1 on it which is not the standard for the guy and I reverted everything including the gear oil to the recommend oil types like the gear i used the star oil then the engine oil I used the Mercedes engine oil but after a month and the guy asked me to top 1 quarts at the nearest gas station which was during this lockdown and luckily for me I still have the remaining 2 ltrs in the booth then I allowed the guy to cool over an 1hr b4 adding it but since then it hasn't displayed or notify me but I am curious why it should happen like than cos I know Benz engine hardly do oil wahala.
Furrylow:

I suspect that your engine is showing signs that it needs a replacement. You can cross check with different mechanics to be sure of the problem. That can also be the reason you have reduction of your engine oil
As for the exhaust smell, you need to check your catalytic converter (indomie as we call it here). There are times it gets damaged and blocks the exhaust then you start perceiving something in the car itself. Hope this helps, cheer
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 7:40am On May 07, 2020
Eddee:

I say make I hail you small. Area dey calm and quiet
Baba,maintaining peace with social distancing @ the same time.

Was the benz lucky enough to start? The one you talked about getting a battery for ( was actually following up) cheesy

My love for old benz,will get myself a very clean w123 someday to play around with if God permits me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (550) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: shogotermies(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.