Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,693 members, 7,938,100 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 05:28 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (1013968 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (550) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
Eyop:
Hello Boss...Sincerely i prefer the Kompressor except he doesn't have a reliable mechanic to handle the services for him. But judging by the pics he's displaying here,it seems to be very neat though you cannot ascertain the mechanical aspect of the ride. I asked him what he needed in a ride and he told me cheesy so that's why i suggested he should go ahead with the kompressor.

But at what price?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
shoppyanno:

How much do you think its worth?
The BAS/ESP indicator is on the instrument cluster is on? What is the solution?

Could be brake light switch or a wheel sensor simple issues.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
smartchoice:

But at what price?

My brother like inze rightly commented,#1.2million is very realistic for a 2000 model W202 whether kompressor or a naturally aspirated type.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
Eyop:
Hello Boss...Sincerely i prefer the Kompressor except he doesn't have a reliable mechanic to handle the services for him. But judging by the pics he's displaying here,it seems to be very neat though you cannot ascertain the mechanical aspect of the ride. I asked him what he needed in a ride and he told me cheesy so that's why i suggested he should go ahead with the kompressor.
Sincerely the car is neat. The CD player, Extra tyre, Jack etc came with it. The A/C is working well. Nothing has been tampered with. It has a little rust bt the door of the drivers side which is not visible & the BAS/ESP indicator is on that just the shortcoming of the car
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
Eyop:

My brother like inze rightly commented,#1.2million is very realistic for a 2000 model W202 whether kompressor or a naturally aspirated type.

He can't get it cheaper? Even the classic?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
shoppyanno:
Sincerely the car is neat. The CD player, Extra tyre, Jack etc came with it. The A/C is working well. Nothing has been tampered with. It has a little rust bt the door of the drivers side which is not visible & the BAS/ESP indicator is on that just the shortcoming of the car
Is the car in Nigeria or still in Overseas?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
smartchoice:

He can't get it cheaper? Even the classic?
He can get it cheaper but you know bargaining power matters a lot and taste differs. He can even get it below #1million but the neatness/condition of that one might not be like that of the #1.2million. So many factors influences the prices of cars most especially the mileage.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
Eyop:
He can get it cheaper but you know bargaining power matters a lot and taste differs. He can even get it below #1million but the neatness/condition of that one might not be like that of the #1.2million. So many factors influences the prices of cars most especially the mileage.

Below 1 million..now am with you!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
1.2 bt I dey beg make the guy comot small from the amount angry
Mileage is 134680.
AutoCheck confirmed it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
shoppyanno: 1.2 bt I dey beg make the guy comot small from the amount angry
I asked if the ride is already in Nigeria and you didn't respond. 2ndly what's the mileage on this ride? If in Nigeria,have you gone with a reliable mechanic to inspect it mechanically?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
shoppyanno: 1.2 bt I dey beg make the guy comot small from the amount angry
Mileage is 134680.
AutoCheck confirmed it.
Mileage is not bad if it has not been rolled back. Why will you beg seller with your own money? Negotiate with him properly and not beg abi you be woman cheesy grin afterall you will be paying for it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 10:06pm On Aug 21, 2014
Eyop:
Is the car in Nigeria or still in Overseas?

The car don land. Na she be this

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
shoppyanno:

The car don land. Na she be this
Guy the ride is Ok if it's mechanically sound. i can give you German car websites for you to visit and check out the cost to buy one there excluding shipping. So when you add total cost including clearing,then you will arrive at the price that way you should be able to know if what you intend buying is ok or not. But if the ride is mechanically sound as per confirmation by your mechanic,then negotiate for #1.1million.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
Eyop:
I asked if the ride is already in Nigeria and you didn't respond. 2ndly what's the mileage on this ride? If in Nigeria,have you gone with a reliable mechanic to inspect it mechanically?
I never carry mechanic go.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
Eyop:
Guy the ride is Ok if it's mechanically sound. i can give you German car websites for you to visit and check out the cost to buy one there excluding shipping. So when you add total cost including clearing,then you will arrive at the price that way you should be able to know if what you intend buying is ok or not. But if the ride is mechanically sound as per confirmation by your mechanic,then negotiate for #1.1million.

Or 950k...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
Eyop:
Its was shipped from America. Its an American Specs
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
shoppyanno:
I never carry mechanic go. I only went to see it buy myself. Will take a mechanic with me when next am going.
Oga Eyop, do you have any sound mechanic in lagos that I can use? I mean knowledgeable about Benz o?
Pls give me your number so I can talk with you. Mine is 07036564141

I hope you got the number? Had to modify.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2014
smartchoice:

Or 950k...
Seller cannot sell it for that amount. Never!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
Eyop:
Seller cannot sell it for that amount. Never!!

But a classic can be gotten at that price I believe.... It never hurts to try.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
smartchoice:

But a classic can be gotten at that price I believe.... It never hurts to try.
Boss...you are still not getting my point. I said you can but it depends on condition of the vehicle. This particular one am seeing here(2000 model,Leather seat,automatic,alloy wheels,mileage less than 140k,etc) and condition seems very neat cannot be gotten for #950k. Potential buyer can try his luck but i really doubt.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
shoppyanno:

How much do you think its worth?
The BAS/ESP indicator is on the instrument cluster is on? What is the solution?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
inze:

Bros 1.3 can get a W203
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2014
cne010:

Bros 1.3 can get a W203

My thoughts exactly!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2014
cne010:

Bros 1.3 can get a W203

No one is saying he cannot get a W203 for 1.3 but certain factors are to be considered. In the USA mileage determines the price of a vehicle and that's the reason why you will be surprised when someone tells you he bought the same car the other got for a higher price. You cannot expect a car with a mileage of 80,000 to be the same with 150,000. You can browse the below websites to confirm things yourself:

Germany:www.autoscout24.com
www.mobile.de

You can as well check some USA websites to confirm things yourself.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2014
Eyop:

I hope you got the number? Had to modify.

Oga Eyop I no see ya number o. Resend am
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
shoppyanno:

Oga Eyop I no see ya number o. Resend am
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
Eyop:

No one is saying he cannot get a W203 for 1.3 but certain factors are to be considered. In the USA mileage determines the price of a vehicle and that's the reason why you will be surprised when someone tells you he bought the same car the other got for a higher price. You cannot expect a car with a mileage of 80,000 to be the same with 150,000. You can browse the below websites to confirm things yourself:

www.mobile.de

All things been equal that's too much to pay for a W202.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
cne010:

All things been equal that's too much to pay for a W202.
Taste differs. I was browsing via Cargurus.com some months ago when i saw a 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor with mileage less than 50,000. The USD price for the ride was $16,000. I called the office in Florida and i was told the last price is $15,500 whereas others with mileage of 89,000 and above were going for less than $12,000. So if you are calculate the total cost,will you still say that it's too much for the buyer to pay?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
Eyop:

www.mobile.de

Folks from my research, factors like mileage, the condition of the car etc determines the price of a car regardless of the model
My friend in the US bought this same W202 2000 model C230 Kompress for 6700 dollars. The car is very neat with just 54000 miles. I uploaded some of the pics of the said car

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
shoppyanno:

Folks from my research, factors like mileage, the condition of the car etc determines the price of a car regardless of the model
My friend in the US bought this same W202 2000 model C230 Kompress for 6700 dollars. The car is very neat with just 54000 miles. I uploaded some of the pics of the said car
Am glad you understood my point. Mileage is number 1 factor then other condition follows. So when you hear people say i bought a W202 for #800k and you got yours for #1.1million,don't panic because you don't know the condition of the other. My taste can be completely different from the other person's own.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
Eyop:
Am glad you understood my point. Mileage is number 1 factor then other condition follows. So when you hear people say i bought a W202 for #800k and you got yours for #1.1million,don't panic because you don't know the condition of the other. My taste can be completely different from the other person's own.

Oga Eyop I no still see ya number. Abeg flash me cos I will need a mechanic in lagos to help me check it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
shoppyanno:

Oga Eyop I no still see ya number. Abeg flash me cos I will need a mechanic in lagos to help me check it.
Cheers my brother.

Eyop smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (550) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.