Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:20 PM

"Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians (22948 Views)

Are Elections Only Free And Fair When Labour Wins? - Reno Omokri Asks Obidients / Reno Omokri Asks Media To Apologise For Saying GEJ Will Contest APC Ticket. / What Did Igbos Do To Buhari? - Reno Omokri Asks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by johntolu: 12:01pm On May 22, 2019
antadiop2:

You contradict yourself, when you say no Igbo officer was killed then say Unegbe was killed. Then you rehash the Nigerian lie that he was killed for armoury keys. When the truth is that he was killed because of his closeness to brig maimalari.

Also don’t forget the coup failed in the east both on jan15 and July 29 rubbishing claims that jan 15 was an Igbo coup.
Plus the coup was politically motivated and not ethnical, it was the NPC and NNDP leaders and their military backers that were killed. I can explain okotie eboh later.

After all the killings, political power was handed over to the most senior military Officer, Aguiyi Ironsi, an Igbo man by the Senate President, Nwafor Orizu who is also Igbo by tribe.
There is God, O!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by NkayStory(f): 12:05pm On May 22, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Lol you can never understand the power game.

Go and read the 48 Laws of power by Robert Greene.

A key law is to choose your battles wisely. The North is a critical strategic political partner of the south west with a lot of political influence so Tinubu is wise to pick his words and battles carefully. That's why he has achieved so much for himself and his region and why he's a political Titan today that Igbos and the entire opposition are obsessed with and terrified of.

On the other hand, we know where Ohaneze and those that talk anyhow are on the political food chain wink

Supporters Club member/ Lover of power,how to acquire, and sustain it welcome....,Use this "Albert Einstein" power knowlegde of yours to better the lives of your people and region....Not the pathetic and disgraceful stories emanating from your region daily

You lots are so obsessed with power to the detriment of every other thing it is crushing and exterminating you lots...Yet you are clowning around on Nairaland gloating at your betters

As we speak,the entire North is rapidly degenerating into a strive-ridden zone in addition to the legendary poverty your region is grappling with..

Kidnapping which was hitherto a "Southern" vice has been taken over by northerners with supersonic progression and devastating effects...

Get your sinking region out of the doldrom she is before gloating over the aquisition of filthy power that is doing your region in....For once!!!!
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by NkayStory(f): 12:15pm On May 22, 2019
klinsbar:
What is the problem with most of the Igbo's? Must the Yoruba do your wishes Azikiwe and his party form alliance with the north to defeat the southwest candidate in their land (Lagos).the Igbo's and northern army plotted coup without any of the Yoruba officers involvement yet your army officers killed our yoruba political leaders,heaven did not fall...Igbo's has never supported a truly yoruba candidate from awolowo to Abiola to olu false yet we are stiil accommodating Igbo's in all the southwest state...leave tinubu alone .none of your leaders has imparted positively to your region like tinubu has done to the southwest.

First of all,for as long as that tinubu crook wants to rule a Nigeria Igbos are still part if,we will not leave tinubu alone ...lai lai...When you can muster the courage to form your odua republic,you can make tinubu your Emperor for life,till then we Igbos will do all in our power to stop Tinubu from being President...Book-mark that

Second of all,Reno Omokri is not Igbo so do not get it twisted
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by antadiop2: 12:31pm On May 22, 2019
johntolu:

Why kill Maimalari & Ademoyegun and spare Ironsi?
Why kill Okotie-Eboh and spare Mbadiwe.
Why kill Balewa and spare Nnamdi & Orizu?

Like I said to you when you remove the false ethnic angle and look at the party angle you start to see different, I know that’s very hard to do. But just do a quick check of akintola and brig ademulagun’s activities on jan 14 1966 and get back to me.
It was a political plot. To answer your question again, outside okotie eboh, those killed were NpC or NNDP leaders and the military backers. Please disprove that angle.
Ironsi was alerted by col Pam and also unknown to the plotters he went to another party that night after maimalari’a hence they missed him at his house.
Please double check my points before rebuttals and please disprove them if you can, we’re all here to learn.
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by johntolu: 1:06pm On May 22, 2019
antadiop2:

Like I said to you when you remove the false ethnic angle and look at the party angle you start to see different, I know that’s very hard to do. But just do a quick check of akintola and brig ademulagun’s activities on jan 14 1966 and get back to me.
It was a political plot. To answer your question again, outside okotie eboh, those killed were NpC or NNDP leaders and the military backers. Please disprove that angle.
Ironsi was alerted by col Pam and also unknown to the plotters he went to another party that night after maimalari’a hence they missed him at his house.
Please double check my points before rebuttals and please disprove them if you can, we’re all here to learn.

What you are saying in essence, is that the coup was planned by Igbo military Officers to hijack political power, violently, from the Hausa-Fulanis. That is the only reason why Nwafor Orizu, an Igbo man, will hand over political power to a military Officer, Aguiyi Ironsi, also an Igbo man, after the coup.
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by kayfra: 1:11pm On May 22, 2019
I remember when Saraki insulted Tinubu and egged Dino to do the same. What happened to Saraki's political career again? grin

Speak softly, but carry a big stick - Ronald Reagan
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by luluman: 1:22pm On May 22, 2019
danieljoel759:

In a Tweet, the aide to the former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Reno Omokri asked a critical question about Bola Tinubu.

See what he wrote...

Elrufai insulted Bola Tinubu and Tinubu DID NOT respond to him. The PDP DID NOT insult or attack Tinubu, yet Tinubu heavily insulted them. What does that make Tinubu? RETWEET if it makes him a COWARD LIKE if it makes him BRAVE

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/05/is-tinubu-brave-or-coward-reno-omokri.html

YEEBOS DOING EVERYTHING TO BREAK THE CONNECT BETWEEN SW .& NORTH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by luluman: 1:23pm On May 22, 2019
iammo:
cool

If only they use all these energy they are exhuasting on Tinubu's matter to project a candidate from their region,. Tinubu this, Tinubu that ... yet they are getting quite irrelevant in National Politics day in day out.

In life , one should be careful of people who are unambitious and unprogressive but spend 99.9% of their time trying to stop others from been progressive and ambitious because of envy.

Galatians 6:4; "Let each one examine his own work. Then he can take pride in himself and not compare himself with someone else."

Proverbs 14:30; "A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones."

So ask yourself why you have made your life to revolve around Yorubas or Tinubu when you can be promoting your own agenda
Thank you sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by antadiop2: 1:29pm On May 22, 2019
johntolu:
[/color]

What you are saying in essence, is that the coup was planned by Igbo military Officers to hijack political power violently, from the Hausa-Fulanis. That is the only reason why Nwafor Orizu, an Igbo man will hand over political power to a military Officer, Aguiyi Ironsi, also an Igbo man after the coup..
I don’t know which Igbo village wale ademoyega is from but he said he’s Yoruba, in his book, he said he and Emma ifeajuna started the plot and brought others in. So I guess that cancels the Igbo coup angle. Nigeria army had about 45 majors in 1966 about 32 were igbos due to northern discrimination of sending northerners on short service 6 months whilst igbos are sent to sandhurst 2 yrs course. Naturally they plotted amongst their ranks and ideological lines. Hard to accept I know.

With regards to orizu handing over to ironsi, I refer you to your brother and one of my favourite officers col victor banjo’s letter to ironsi from detention where he said unequivocally that it was him mainly that asked ironsi to take power, this move was supported by all in that meeting and some of them alive today have not refuted this assertion. In attendance were: ironsi, banjo, wey, kurubo, gowon, anwunah. It wasn’t even an Igbo dominated meeting but these are facts hidden from Nigerians just to justify the killings of igbos.

Please try and disprove my points first you keep taking the easy option of asking questions.
Bless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by richie240: 2:02pm On May 22, 2019
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by richie240: 2:05pm On May 22, 2019
technuel:

One thing that Yorubas don't know is that no matter how close they draw to Hausas they can never love them. Hausas feels comfortable with Igbos more than Yorubas but Igbos are not as lickers that will dance to the tune of Hausas

1 Like

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by gentlemayor(m): 2:08pm On May 22, 2019
Eyi o wu awi

1 Like

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by Nwa4Jesus(f): 2:49pm On May 22, 2019
Tinubu is a very wicked and heartless man. Rendering millions homeless in Lagos... He wants to own all land in Lagos State esply Ajah axis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by adekolaelect(m): 2:59pm On May 22, 2019
technuel:

One thing that Yorubas don't know is that no matter how close they draw to Hausas they can never love them. Hausas feels comfortable with Igbos more than Yorubas but Igbos are not as lickers that will dance to the tune of Hausas
hummm I can see it in you for carrying Atiku presidency mater for head than his people Fulani Awusa yet you are claiming not to be Fulani hash linker.you too much focus on somebody else hustling than planning on your own goals.

1 Like

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by antadiop2: 4:46pm On May 22, 2019
Thiwalade:

The war was majorly between the North and igbos not the whole Nigeria!

Muslims are in charge of Jerusalem as we speak, does it make Christians cowards? Or weak?

I have a video of how malnourished your children were, your war lord left his people yet he's brave right?

Yoruba hasn't been in any notable war recently. We don't brag about our prowess like your "China achebe" duly depicted in his "things fall apart" but if there should arise another civil war, don't be surprised yorubas are fully ready.

I forgot to reply your points here:
First the war was with Biafra on one side and the rest of Nigeria on the other, please name me a part of Nigeria that didn’t participate? Don’t for that brig adekunle led a Yoruba dominated 3 marine commandos of 35000 full strength, don’t forget lot of Yoruba and middle belters in shuwa’s first division, same with 2 division.

Jerusalem is not top priority for any Christian nation I know now, since the end of the crusade, in fact the Israelis occupy most of it and it is an Arab and Jew problem. Wrong example in my opinion.

Yes our women and children starved during the war, but that’s what happens in a devastating war, both sides blamed each other and the debate goes on till today, but ask those starving babies and they’ll still choose starvation over Nigeria. The belief in Biafra and freedom and our own civilisation is that strong and hard for non Biafrans to understand its further buttressed by a failed nation called Nigeria as we now witness since 70s.
At least you answered my question that the Yoruba haven’t had to fight any war on their own in modern times.
I don’t get your chinua Achebe analogy.

Bless

2 Likes

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by Yemi7up: 6:38pm On May 22, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Lol you can never understand the power game.

Go and read the 48 Laws of power by Robert Greene.

A key law is to choose your battles wisely. The North is a critical strategic political partner of the south west with a lot of political influence so Tinubu is wise to pick his words and battles carefully. That's why he has achieved so much for himself and his region and why he's a political Titan today that Igbos and the entire opposition are obsessed with and terrified of.

On the other hand, we know where Ohaneze and those that talk anyhow are on the political food chain wink
God bless you. Ó tọrọ fún ẹni tó bà lé tí. I know they understand what I wrote majority did Yoruba in school because this is where they they chose to live our land.
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by trapQ: 8:28pm On May 22, 2019
Again how does that negate the fact that Tinubu is a coward? I'm guessing comprehension isn't your forté.
mercyville:

You mean Coward like the one who dressed like a woman and fled to Ivory Coast? grin

Bravery is believing in yourself, and that thing nobody can teach you.
Only a tribe doesn't believe in themselves but they believe in their numerous masters.They are the perpetual and permanent cowards.
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by trapQ: 8:34pm On May 22, 2019
So every nigerian who isn't Yoruba is an igbo? You see your life?
hollah123:
so igbos can call someone a coward? what did u say when asari called u slave?
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by mercyville: 8:38pm On May 22, 2019
trapQ:
Again how does that negate the fact that Tinubu is a coward? I'm guessing comprehension isn't your forté.
OK,ten Q.
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 22, 2019
antadiop2:

I forgot to reply your points here:
First the war was with Biafra on one side and the rest of Nigeria on the other, please name me a part of Nigeria that didn’t participate? Don’t for that brig adekunle led a Yoruba dominated 3 marine commandos of 35000 full strength, don’t forget lot of Yoruba and middle belters in shuwa’s first division, same with 2 division.

Jerusalem is not top priority for any Christian nation I know now, since the end of the crusade, in fact the Israelis occupy most of it and it is an Arab and Jew problem. Wrong example in my opinion.

Yes our women and children starved during the war, but that’s what happens in a devastating war, both sides blamed each other and the debate goes on till today, but ask those starving babies and they’ll still choose starvation over Nigeria. The belief in Biafra and freedom and our own civilisation is that strong and hard for non Biafrans to understand its further buttressed by a failed nation called Nigeria as we now witness since 70s.
At least you answered my question that the Yoruba haven’t had to fight any war on their own in modern times.
I don’t get your chinua Achebe analogy.

Bless

All of Nigeria shouldn't be yoruba and hausas alone... I don't think all the tribes in Nigeria joined forces against your Biafra.

My example of Jerusalem is supposed to point out that its often needless to display power at the expense of human life just as an act of bravery.

Are you sure those agitating for Biafra are really ready to go back home? It's a psychological thing in my opinion. More of a chorus these days with less action backing it up.

The great novelist depicted a champion who got over confident in his ability and ended up getting floored. I liken that to what's going on with igbos right now, they're often quick to point out yoruba as cowards yet their display of bravery ends in defeat.

If the igbo had continued the civil war without laying down their arms, igbo race might be sparse as we speak... Consider this analogy of the great spartan warriors that were outnumbered by roman soldiers. They could've just retreated, gather more strength or devise a better plan to defeat the enemy, they chose to die in battle. Yes we read about their bravery but the Spartan tribe is probably non existent in the world today while the Romans are still in existence and thriving alongside other world power. Stupidity is not bravery..

Thank you

1 Like

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by FortuneDeGreat(m): 9:58pm On May 22, 2019
Mraphel:

1. We voted clueless Shagari against formidable Awolowo southern candidate twice.

2. We voted an unknown politician against MKO Abiola.

3. We voted GEJ for his rebellious act against Yorubas which brought about Tinubu merging with the north.

4. We claimed Tinubu and Yoruba are coward but we insisted Atiefku must contest

We chose corrupt Obasanjo a Northern candidate from a northern party than Olu Falae a southerner

2023 is not yet here but is for Tambuwal, ATIKULOOTER or Kwankwaso another Fulani Muslim we complain about.

Who are the greater cowards now? Is we from the south east . I'm Igbo by the way.

We're very irrelevant in Nigeria politics that made us mad

You can't be Igbo, if by mistake you are it's either your mama was an olosho at oyingbo railway and as a result of her profession gave birth to you or you are a pure lunatic under the influence of ondo cum gboko weed.
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by Westtimeline: 11:06pm On May 22, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
You can't be Igbo, if by mistake you are it's either your mama was an olosho at oyingbo railway and as a result of her profession gave birth to you or you are a pure lunatic under the influence of ondo cum gboko weed.
Eda
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by GermanPoison(m): 11:06pm On May 22, 2019
technuel:

we never told u (igbos) we were comfortable with d hausas tinubu n buhari just form an alliance gbam! igbos are lost from d scene

1 Like

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by antadiop2: 12:48am On May 23, 2019
Thiwalade:

All of Nigeria shouldn't be yoruba and hausas alone... I don't think all the tribes in Nigeria joined forces against your Biafra.

My example of Jerusalem is supposed to point out that its often needless to display power at the expense of human life just as an act of bravery.

Are you sure those agitating for Biafra are really ready to go back home? It's a psychological thing in my opinion. More of a chorus these days with less action backing it up.

The great novelist depicted a champion who got over confident in his ability and ended up getting floored. I liken that to what's going on with igbos right now, they're often quick to point out yoruba as cowards yet their display of bravery ends in defeat.

If the igbo had continued the civil war without laying down their arms, igbo race might be sparse as we speak... Consider this analogy of the great spartan warriors that were outnumbered by roman soldiers. They could've just retreated, gather more strength or devise a better plan to defeat the enemy, they chose to die in battle. Yes we read about their bravery but the Spartan tribe is probably non existent in the world today while the Romans are still in existence and thriving alongside other world power. Stupidity is not bravery..

Thank you
Thiwalade:

Thank you

Can you prove that it wasn’t all of Nigeria that fought Biafra ? Nigeria had 4 regions at the time and all 3 fought Biafra and even non Igbo Biafrans we’re split in their loyalties with many fighting for Nigeria. Also check the ethnic backgrounds of Nigerian officers and you find a diverse list of names.
You point on Jerusalem is tangential to our debate I won’t dwell on it. Same as your Achebe analogy.

So you think igbos would have been wiped out if we hadn’t surrendered, think again but please provide the military positions of Nigeria by October 1969 to see that what you’ve been told is a lie. The war ended for many reasons but Nigeria winning isn’t one of them. Other issues collapsed Biafra from November 1969. Please provide some historical facts for me. It seem like a one way street, all you provide is questions and hypothetical scenarios like Jerusalem, okonkwo and the Spartans. Quote facts from Biafran war or our political history let’s debate them. Sorry for late reply I’ve been busy.
Bless
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by fyneguy: 1:47am On May 23, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Very illogical statement.

Can YOU love someone that questions your music more than the one that dances to it? Does that make sense to you?

Lol.

lol

Same Hausa that gave them an ultimatum to leave the North last year or so. It took Osinbajo's intervention to save the day.

1 Like

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by Nobody: 7:26am On May 23, 2019
antadiop2:

Can you prove that it wasn’t all of Nigeria that fought Biafra ? Nigeria had 4 regions at the time and all 3 fought Biafra and even non Igbo Biafrans we’re split in their loyalties with many fighting for Nigeria. Also check the ethnic backgrounds of Nigerian officers and you find a diverse list of names.
You point on Jerusalem is tangential to our debate I won’t dwell on it. Same as your Achebe analogy.

So you think igbos would have been wiped out if we hadn’t surrendered, think again but please provide the military positions of Nigeria by October 1969 to see that what you’ve been told is a lie. The war ended for many reasons but Nigeria winning isn’t one of them. Other issues collapsed Biafra from November 1969. Please provide some historical facts for me. It seem like a one way street, all you provide is questions and hypothetical scenarios like Jerusalem, okonkwo and the Spartans. Quote facts from Biafran war or our political history let’s debate them. Sorry for late reply I’ve been busy.
Bless

I admit I don't know much about the said civil war cos I wasn't around then.

Nigeria winning REALLY?? Ojukwu fled... Of what importance is a troop that has no commander? How are they winning the war
Please be honest

1 Like

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by johntolu: 7:33am On May 23, 2019
antadiop2:

I don’t know which Igbo village wale ademoyega is from but he said he’s Yoruba, in his book, he said he and Emma ifeajuna started the plot and brought others in. So I guess that cancels the Igbo coup angle. Nigeria army had about 45 majors in 1966 about 32 were igbos due to northern discrimination of sending northerners on short service 6 months whilst igbos are sent to sandhurst 2 yrs course. Naturally they plotted amongst their ranks and ideological lines. Hard to accept I know.

With regards to orizu handing over to ironsi, I refer you to your brother and one of my favourite officers col victor banjo’s letter to ironsi from detention where he said unequivocally that it was him mainly that asked ironsi to take power, this move was supported by all in that meeting and some of them alive today have not refuted this assertion. In attendance were: ironsi, banjo, wey, kurubo, gowon, anwunah. It wasn’t even an Igbo dominated meeting but these are facts hidden from Nigerians just to justify the killings of igbos.

Please try and disprove my points first you keep taking the easy option of asking questions.
Bless

I must admit, you have a point in Ademoyegun's role as one of the masterminds of the coup.
I am sure you also read the guy's account of betrayal, by some of the coupists, in their assigned roles in Lagos, Eastern and Midwestern Region.
Ademoyegun actually had a fight, while in detention, with Major Ifeajuna because of the role played by the latter in sparing Igbo politicians and military Officers marked for assassination.
I am sure you remember the details of the 1997 'phantom' coup' and how some military officers were 'set up' and implicated by the Abacha's regime.
I am sure Major Ademoyegun was also a victim of the same scenario. He never knew his comrades in crime, were having tribally based agenda different from what they agreed for the coup.
Your comment about Ironsi and Orizu 'transfer of power debacle', is to say the least, laughable.
What you implied in your storyline is that Ironsi would not have taken over power if he was not advised by Banjo, a Yoruba man. I never knew that General Ironsi, the Chief of Army Staff at that time, does not have enough capacity to take basic decision, on his own about the constitutional assigned responsibility of the military, in political dispensation. Sadly, he paid the supreme price with his life, for his lack of capacity.
I am sure another Yoruba personality, probably Orizu's Church member, must have advised Orizu to hand over power to his fellow Igbo kinsman, Aguiyi Ironsi.
I also got to know that another Yoruba man, Alhaji Tinuminimase, was the one that advised Ojukwu, to slaughter 3 million of his people to 'Ogugwu Okija shrine, during the civil war.
Alhaji Asari Dokuboh, come and hear your people O! tongue undecided grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by antadiop2: 11:47am On May 23, 2019
johntolu:

I must admit, you have a point in Ademoyegun's role as one of the masterminds of the coup.
I am sure you also read the guy's account of betrayal, by some of the coupists, in their assigned roles in Lagos, Eastern and Midwestern Region.
Ademoyegun actually had a fight, while in detention, with Major Ifeajuna because of the role played by the latter in sparing Igbo politicians and military Officers marked for assassination.
I am sure you remember the details of the 1997 'phantom' coup' and how some military officers were 'set up' and implicated by the Abacha's regime.
I am sure Major Ademoyegun was also a victim of the same scenario. He never knew his comrades in crime, were having tribally based agenda different from what they agreed for the coup.
Your comment about Ironsi and Orizu 'transfer of power debacle', is to say the least, laughable.
What you implied in your storyline is that Ironsi would not have taken over power if he was not advised by Banjo, a Yoruba man. I never knew that General Ironsi, the Chief of Army Staff at that time, does not have enough capacity to take basic decision, on his own about the constitutional assigned responsibility of the military, in political dispensation. Sadly, he paid the supreme price with his life, for his lack of capacity.
I am sure another Yoruba personality, probably Orizu's Church member, must have advised Orizu to hand over power to his fellow Igbo kinsman, Aguiyi Ironsi.
I also got to know that another Yoruba man, Alhaji Tinuminimase, was the one that advised Ojukwu, to slaughter 3 million of his people to 'Ogugwu Okija shrine, during the civil war.

Thanks for your reply unfortunately all your replies are not facts but after-thoughts, theories, conjecture and hypothesis.

Yes ifeajuna and wale fought in Warri prison due to emma’s Betrayal but wale never I repeat never said it was an Igbo coup, please read his book and don’t come to your own conclusions. I don’t think he would have even fought for Biafra it that was so. Emma’s disappearances has more to do with his person, at uni Ibadan he organised a student protest only to disappear when the heat was on.
If you find the orizu/ironsi handover fact laughable then I guess you are laughing at victor banjo alas. Everything I write are based on checkable facts period. Go check banjo’s letter to ironsi and if this fact is not there I’ll apologise. Guys please let’s leave our personal thoughts and emotions or need to score cheap points and face facts. I also gave the list of officers at the meeting go check.

I don’t remember ojukwu turning his gun on 3 million Biafrans, but I know Nigeria attacked Biafra on the 6/7/67 (the date add up to 13 on both sides a satanic number). And 1-3 million people died in the process but to us it was a just war, it only on nairaland that we here that ojukwu killed his own people, all journalists and historians etc never said so.

I won’t respond to your jokes as funny as they are. I’ll focus on the historical facts.

Bless ya
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by antadiop2: 11:54am On May 23, 2019
Thiwalade:

I admit I don't know much about the said civil war cos I wasn't around then.

Nigeria winning REALLY?? Ojukwu fled... Of what importance is a troop that has no commander? How are they winning the war
Please be honest

Thanks for your admition, you’re an honest man.

Regarding your 2nd paragraph I asked you to check Nigerian army positions in Biafran before November 1969, once you do we’ Continue.

God bless you
Re: "Is Tinubu Brave Or A Coward?" - Reno Omokri Asks Nigerians by richie240: 1:28pm On May 23, 2019
johntolu:

[I am sure you also read the guy's account of betrayal, by some of the coupists, in their assigned roles in Lagos, Eastern and Midwestern Region.

Pls peruse ds thread 4 d well documented reason(s) that led to d civil war:

https://www.nairaland.com/5065387/how-igbo-leaders-caused-nigerias?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6594004119

In as much as a speck of Yoruba and Hausa officers wale ademulegun, Hashim hassan et al) partook in d coup it doesn't rule out d fact dt it turned tribal at d end of d day with d failure of d coup leaders (majorly of Igbo extraction) failing to do 'justice' to any of their kinsmen after the same 'justice' had bn well served to the other regions, namely the north, west, middle belt and Midwest. Its a no brainer that had d Yoruba and Hausa officers known that d Igbo's had a separate ethnic agenda in sparing their own kinsmen whist they massacre the leaders of the other tribes/regions INCLUDING THEIRS, they wouldn't have participated in d coup!

Pls take ur time to go thru this thread and u'll be amazed at the grand treachery our 'brothers' executed which eventually led to the civil war.
once again:

https://www.nairaland.com/5065387/how-igbo-leaders-caused-nigerias?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6594004119

cc: @antadiop2
@Thiwalade

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amosun Tours Abeokuta City Center In Oke - Ilewo (Photos) / Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo / EXCLUSIVE: Obasanjo, Sanusi Among Those Who Convinced Ezekwesili To Step Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.