Stats: 3,171,124 members, 7,880,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:52 PM

My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! (4862 Views)

Senators Under Threat Over Jeeps, Don’t Bring Them Home, Constituents Warn / Power Generation Falls By 480MW, Grid Under Threat - Punch / We’re Under Threat For Endorsing Buhari – Christian Group (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by chic2pimp(m): 2:50pm On Sep 27, 2010
slap1:

His mates in my village are praying to die. . .

~Bluetooth:

ok. . .they should give him ota pia pia to drink.

Una mofos don kolo finish. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by udezue(m): 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2010
You guys are ridiculously crude and wicked. What does his age have to do with the madness that is going on? I pray you go through the samething each and everyone of you who somehow find this funny. Would you find it funny if a group of hoodlums came threatening the lives of your parents? So if you are 100 yrs old your life shouldn't matter anymore? Let the man die when God calls him not when a group of young touts with no respect for life and humans want him dead. This is sick. Our society is sick. No respect for the elderly sef.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by sessy2(f): 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2010
[/quote][quote author=slap1 link=topic=520661.msg6829342#msg6829342 date=1285584923]
His mates in my village are praying to die. . .
Na wa for una oh. grin grin grin grin
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Reference(m): 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2010
His children or his grand and great grand children. Funny the way he refers to his children, you'd imagine them to be something like five to ten years old. His immediate kids are probably bidding their time too, or is Papa still firing. Life is good oh.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by MaziUche0(m): 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2010
udezue:

You guys are ridiculously crude and wicked. What does his age have to do with the madness that is going on? I pray you go through the samething each and everyone of you who somehow find this funny. Would you find it funny if a group of hoodlums came threatening the lives of your parents? So if you are 100 yrs old your life shouldn't matter anymore? Let the man die when God calls him not when a group of young touts with no respect for life and humans want him dead. This is sick. Our society is sick. No respect for the elderly sef.

Gbam!

I do not find anything funny about this nonsense!
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Ibime(m): 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2010
If the hoodlums are claiming that he is a slave that their forefathers gave land to settle, they should quickly resurrect their forefathers to come and return the old man to the village they stole him from.

My forefather was also a slave who was given land to settle. Let someone come and tell me to give up my forefather's land, lets see whether I will not remove his head with machete.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by JABB(m): 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2010
House understand that oldman,Do you know wat it means to go thru the agony of death.Kai, e no easy i beg, make una leave d oldman till im time reach naturally.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Pilotman(m): 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2010
Dis goes 2 show d level of insecuirity in dis country. Evry day, pple're being kidnapped with no AGE LIMIT - frm infants 2 elderly. Dis' not funny as u guys think. Wat if it was ur family? Wud u hav d mouth 2 laugh? Its not about d man's age, its about d future of dis country. Wat is bad is bad & we must all condemn it wit 1 voice. I feel so bad reading dis post & d comments. Frm d Bible sm1 lived 969yrs. Wen oda countries're celebrating higher life expectancy, we're here celebrating evil. Pls lets c how we can make dis country a secure & peaceful place.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2010
Long live grandpa grin
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by lolomau: 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2010
life is good, simple!
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by slap1(m): 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2010
chic2pimp:

Una mofos don kolo finish. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
thanks for the compliment.
MaziUche0:

Gbam!

I do not find anything funny about this nonsense!
That's not going to help matters. The situation in Aba is not funny too, but it gets worse. Abeg IT IS FUNNY because govt. has not protected the lives of the young - who by the way still help protect themselves - let alone an old, hapless man.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Ferya(f): 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2010
G.B.T 

According to him, when he demanded to know why the hoodlums asked him to leave his residence, they (armed men) told him that he was ”a slave bought by their forefathers in those days.”

Is this not sick?

@ G B T

The old man is not sick. I have read stories from that part of Enugu State alot. The problem in a nutshell is that, some people believe others are outcast (osu). Unfortunately, most of the so called outcasts are the ones with  wealth & are educated too. This fight & killings was so serious during former Governor  Nnamani's tenure. I also heard then that, some of the weapons were given to them by some of them in power.

Former IG of police Onovo having come from that place and knowing of the fight did not help matters either.

The hoodlums are trying to force the (outcasts) out of the community take over their property and the old man is not sick & should die a natural death. Government should help the community stop fighting and i wonder if some Igbos will stop seeing others as outcast. We are all created in the image of God.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by jude33084(m): 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2010
Pa Obanor, a 90+ yrs old were kidnaped in benin, d family paid N1.+million,, but his body was found in a primary sch days later already decaying. Why r my saying dis is because most nairalanders believe dat he's old so he shld nt fear death. Some even made metion of giving him otapiapia. May God 4give u all.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by MaziUche0(m): 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2010
Ferya:

@ G B T

The old man is not sick. I have read stories from that part of Enugu State alot. The problem in a nutshell is that, some people believe others are outcast (osu). Unfortunately, most of the so called outcasts are the ones with  wealth & are educated too. This fight & killings was so serious during former Governor  Nnamani's tenure. I also heard then that, some of the weapons were given to them by some of them in power.

Former IG of police Onovo having come from that place and knowing of the fight did not help matters either.

The hoodlums are trying to force the (outcasts) out of the community take over their property and the old man is not sick & should die a natural death. Government should help the community stop fighting and i wonder if some Igbos will stop seeing others as outcast. We are all created in the image of God.

So this is an Osu issue? Wow! shocked

I heard stories how Eastern Igboland still believes in that nonsense. Most of the "Osu" in Arochukwu are long gone, because they were sold as slaves to the white man my great uncle once told me.

Sad how Igbos still discriminate against these people. My brother who went to boarding school Enugu told me about this. Many Osu have fled Alaigbo and went either to Yorubaland or the United States.

My grandmother would never allow me to marry an Osu though.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by udezue(m): 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2010
What the hell is Osu sef?

Moronic people and their archaic beliefs. UGH!
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by MaziUche0(m): 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2010
udezue:

What the hell is Osu sef?

Moronic people and their archaic beliefs. UGH!

Osu sounds alien to me. Ude, explain it to us Eastern Igbo since you have Western Igbo roots.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by udezue(m): 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2010
MaziUche0:

Osu sounds alien to me. Ude, explain it to us Western Igbo since you have Eastern Igbo roots.

huh? U are Eastern Igbo joor. My Awka ppl who right next to the Western side didnt practice it anyway.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by MaziUche0(m): 8:30pm On Sep 27, 2010
udezue:

huh? U are Eastern Igbo joor. My Awka ppl who right next to the Western side didnt practice it anyway.

lol Yes I mean Western Igbo. Getting my directions mixed up.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by farochron(m): 9:39pm On Sep 27, 2010
Some people would not even want their parents to reach 50 before praying for them to kick the buckets. Such people too will definitely not see 40. There is nothing wrong with a person reaching 180 or beyond as long as God gives him strength. The youngest old woman to die in my family was my grand mother at 90. We wept because she was the youngest in her line-age and the accident she had contributed to her death. Her parents died above 100. my mom is still looking young at 78 and she's likely to reach hit the 100 mark as well if God permits. We celebrate this and the Lord enjoins us to treat them well at their old age.

Saying the man is too old and that he should go is share wickedness and not acceptable under any religion. Fear God and take good care of your old ones.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 27, 2010
farochron:

Some people would not even want their parents to reach 50 before praying for them to kick the buckets. Such people too will definitely not see 40. There is nothing wrong with a person reaching 180 or beyond as long as God gives him strength. The youngest old woman to die in my family was my grand mother at 90. We wept because she was the youngest in her line-age and the accident she had contributed to her death. Her parents died above 100. my mom is still  looking young at 78 and she's likely to reach hit the 100 mark as well if God permits. We celebrate this and the Lord enjoins us to treat them well at their old age.

Saying the man is too old and that he should go is share wickedness and not acceptable under any religion. Fear God and take good care of your old ones.
Your family must be a terrible one seeing that your folks had to start decaying before they die. . . .how often do you sun-dry them ?
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by slap1(m): 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2010
farochron:

Some people would not even want their parents to reach 50 before praying for them to kick the buckets. Such people too will definitely not see 40. There is nothing wrong with a person reaching 180 or beyond as long as God gives him strength. The youngest old woman to die in my family was my grand mother at 90. We wept because she was the youngest in her line-age and the accident she had contributed to her death. Her parents died above 100. my mom is still looking young at 78 and she's likely to reach hit the 100 mark as well if God permits. We celebrate this and the Lord enjoins us to treat them well at their old age.

My brother I'm not sharing any wickedness coz I don't have any. Rather I did share some humour (as did Bluetooth I guess) which some dudes without humour glands failed to see.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2010
slap1:

My brother I'm not sharing any wickedness coz I don't have any. Rather I did share some humour (as did Bluetooth I guess) which some dudes without humour glands failed to see.
Don't mind the guy jare. . .he's just too serious over nothing.If not for God,the only person I would have wished death crushed would have been IBB but I don't wish people evil.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Ranoscky(m): 7:40am On Sep 28, 2010
udezue:

GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER !!!

An igbo adage says: "If somenoe's corpse is being carried, other people will look at it as if it's firewood!"

Now, some of us here are viewing these as "Basket mouth comedy", but if som1 tells them that their's will be suit for occultic sarcrifice, they'r ready to crucify that person thru the internet !

I weep for my country !!! cry
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Ranoscky(m): 7:47am On Sep 28, 2010
Ibime:

My forefather was also a slave who was given land to settle. Let someone come and tell me to give up my forefather's land, lets see whether I will not remove his head with machete.

You gat me laffin $$$$$ into my bank account !!! grin
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by snthesis(m): 7:49am On Sep 28, 2010
the policemen need to investigate dis further, mayb d guy's kids don tire to wait 4 will grin grin grin grin
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 28, 2010
snthesis:

the policemen need to investigate dis further, mayb d guy's kids don tire to wait 4 will grin grin grin grin
ROTFLMAO
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by OAM4J: 8:17am On Sep 28, 2010
snthesis:

grin grin grin grin grin See another conspiracy theory. Na wa! grin grin grin
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by COOLDK(m): 8:20am On Sep 28, 2010
OMG! People don kill me finish 4 ds thread. You sure say u no go make person commit LAUGH SUICIDE 4 NL? All of una too gbaski.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by jamace(m): 10:47am On Sep 28, 2010
Abeg o o. Please, make una leave pappay alone o. cheesy
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by SwtzMinx(f): 11:37am On Sep 28, 2010
Hahahahaha. . .106. . .
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by calipso(m): 6:16pm On Sep 28, 2010
@poster

send me the grandpa's address, let me send some of my m, i, l, i.t, t friends to come take those guys off.
Re: My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! by slap1(m): 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2010
snthesis:

And someone is saying this ain't funny.

Who Moved The Motion For Nigeria,s Independence / Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Wins With Land Slide In Borno, Sokoto, Kebbi, States / Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55