Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,964 members, 7,927,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 02:10 AM

"Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / "Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" (23899 Views)

Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? / Inside Volkswagens Massive Glass Towers Where 800 New Cars Are Stored For Pickup / This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" by Bukola94: 7:54am On Jul 12, 2023
INDUSTRIALFAN:
I've always loved the Dodge Challenger and if I was to pick one today, I'd rather it be stick shift (manual) makes for a more orgasmic ride...
fast and furious stuff, was it the same car VinD drove in the movie?
Re: "Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" by Bukola94: 8:35am On Jul 12, 2023
loganx:
this question was put to me once, my answer was, why do you think F1 drivers use manual transmission. with manual transmission you have full control of the car power. with auto transmission, it needs to feel that it has reached limit before upward shift or downward shift.
correct! U are so right. I may be wrong,one thing I notice in auto&manu, let say the max speed of two cars is 160km/hr, Auto is Corolla, manual is Camry,after speeding more than 120km in the Camry, it still maintains balance & I still feel like pressing the pedal more,I felt confidence & power. Didn't felt the same in Corolla after doing over 110km/hr. So I was thinking maybe there was an average speed limit on some auto cars. Just example of what I notice. Most Corolla I have seen & drove max speed is 180. Meanwhile some cars max speed is 200km/hr,220&240km/hr
Re: "Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" by Bukola94: 9:05am On Jul 12, 2023
Gkemz:
It gives you complete control and access. And secondly it's cheaper to maintain. Thirdly it's cheaper in price compared to automatic.

The only disadvantage is the stress of clutching before applying brake or changing gears. And because of it's frequent usage you have to be servicing the clutch. However you have no business with transmission failure associated with auto gears. If you've driven Honda EOD, babyboy and some model of Toyota Camry you'll understand.
U are so right, but on transmission failure have no biz with automatic gears is a fallacy or depends. Out of 5cases of transmissions failure I witness, 1manual Nissan, 1auto Honda, 3auto gears Toyota. And one of my area bro have been driving & travelling with is Honda coupe's manual gear with no issue for past 7years,old model coupe.
Re: "Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" by Bukola94: 9:29am On Jul 12, 2023
McPizzle:
Automatics are cool but manual is better, at least for drag racing, I use to tell my friends, if you're in an automatic vehicle and I in the manual of the same kind of vehicle, I'd always win the drag race. Manual can be a punishment in traffic but when you want to go from 0-60 in the fastest time, manual is the best (it depends on the driver), many of the fastest cars in the world use manual (paddleshift) transmissiontransmission too.
Drag race,I can relate. Are you one of the fans of Need for Speed or fast & furious ? Manual transmission have an edge over automatic, if you are smarter&experienced driver . I will do auto for easy,traffic and comfort. Manual is fun, more practical and for expert drivers especially when travelling long distance . By God grace we go buy both transmissions when we start earning in millions and rich.

1 Like

Re: "Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" by Bukola94: 9:46am On Jul 12, 2023
uuzba:

Well, car manufacturers want everybody to buy their cars. Both Men and Women. Since the women are less technical with manual and gears and clutch, the manufacturers kuku made everything Automatic transmission.
Since people need more space to carry load/stuff, they shifted the transmission to the front.
My Dad's Peugeot 504 was Rear wheel drive. The axel in the back made the boot so small.
Today, my car and most others are front wheel drive. No axel in the back. The boot space is much larger than 504.
lol, whether your boot so small or tiny, your father is a rich man. Benz & 504 especially whilte colours in their days no be beans, shining cars back then. While growing up I can't remember whether have been in Honda or Toyota cars,but Benz,504,Beetle VW,J5,Pickup,Nissan sunny are cars that still flash in my memory. Most taxi in my state are Mazda, Japanese cars that I don't know their names&some funny Toyotas that look like copycats of golf or Peugeot and they can speed & their speed loud

1 Like

Re: "Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" by Bukola94: 10:10am On Jul 12, 2023
CocoaOla:

Automatic gear doesn't have the power to move heavy trucks and bus

Computer go change gear tire Truck no go move

Computer self go confuse

You can never see a truck with automatic gear

Manual power are raw, fresh from the engine to the wheel direct

Automatic gear convert engine power through torque converter wasting a lot of engine energy.

New latest manuals are very easy to operate now with hydraulic system the clutch are very soft and easy
I am learning new things today, and I wish to learn more. Please mention cars of recent years like 2015to2018,with hydraulic systems clutch tech,new latest manuals that u said... someone said manual gears has become outdated since 2019(that is automakers have stop production of manual gears ). Is that correct ?
Re: "Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" by Bukola94: 10:33am On Jul 12, 2023
Bettycars:

Point of correction. Manual isn’t out-of-date. There are many modern automobiles that still use manual gear technology.
thanks for your correction, I haven't read ur comment b4 I question the man,I was curious, Because the man said manual gears are outdated. The man trying to confuse me and us.
Re: "Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
Bukola94:
fast and furious stuff, was it the same car VinD drove in the movie?
yes but what he drove is the older model.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Colour To Go For In A Car!!! / Nigerian Car Names / Law School Staff In Accident In Edo State. (See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.