Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,504 members, 7,968,369 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 05:50 AM

Beware Of Scammer Claiming To Be Bank Customer Care - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of Scammer Claiming To Be Bank Customer Care (334 Views)

7 Convicted Of Internet Fraud, One For Claiming To Own Property Under Forfeiture / Scammers Call Bank Customer, Reveal His BVN & Then Ask For More Details / Nigerian Man Defrauds Red Cross By Claiming To Be A Hurricane Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Scammer Claiming To Be Bank Customer Care by landmark86: 11:00pm On May 27, 2019
I woke up this morning just to discovered I have a message from UNION BANK on my phone. To my greatest surprise I was not using union bank so I ignored the message after reading it. The main content in that message was a code sent to complete an account to be open.

This afternoon, someone called me introducing himself has Mr Felix a customer care from Ecobank, he said do I know anyone that bears Tunji Adeniyi by name and I said no. He said the person is trying to open another account on my behalf with union bank and he also ask if I receive any message from union bank which I said YES. This man called Mr Felix called my name, BVN, and banks I operated correctly just to make me believe him.

He said the main purpose of him calling me was that they discovered that Tunji Adeniyi is trying to open another account with union bank with my BVN so that anytime money drops into any of my accounts he will quickly withdraw it to union bank account which he has access to. So he (Mr felix) want to help me block the union back account and any other form of means. He now ask me if I have an ATM card and I said yes, he said I should tell him my atm card expiring date, Security no, and atm card no. In my mind I laugh in India way grin because I no he's a fraudster but just want to hear him out first. I now ask him why he is demanding for all this information when I can easily go to any ecobank nearest to me to complain perhaps banks don't ask of their customers details through calls. He said just wanna be of an help, I now ask him which of the branch his calling from he hiss, call me idiots and end the call.

My brother and sister I just decided to share this too because I read something related to this on Nairaland this afternoon. Please don't reveal any of your information to anyone you don't no and don't be deceive by anyone claiming to be banks agent/customer care.

Bank will never ask of your details through messages or calls, these people are using all manner of methods nowadays. I pray we will not be a victims of them. Do have a wonderful night rest.

Landmark86
Re: Beware Of Scammer Claiming To Be Bank Customer Care by mysteryman2014: 11:18pm On May 27, 2019
Thanks. These scammers are always devising new methods to scam people.

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrested A Man For Cutting The Hand Of Boy Fishing At A Carnal Full Story / The Moment Miami Officer Accidentally Used Taser On His Partner(Video) / Man Kills Lady In Calabar, Uses Her Corpse To Cook Peppersoup For Sale (graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.