Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,416 members, 7,964,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 06:27 PM

Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting (3680 Views)

Robert Mugabe Refuses To Wear India Native During India African Leaders Summit / Jonathan Meets Igbo Leaders & Elders In Lagos (photos) / Jonathan At OIC Summit With Leaders From Islamic Countries (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by MEGABHROS1: 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2010
@ All,

Forget who is in power and weilding the stick to his favor at the detriment of others. It is a normal thing in Nigeria to do that in order to achieve their aim in power. Some people called it the power of incumbency. What ever name given to this, it is not a good act at all. But one thing stands tall, no saints exist among politicians. Give Nnamani, Ekwueme and others the opportunity and they will even do worse. Politicians are like that, we need not to symphatize with them. Ask Ekwueme what himself and Shahgari did against the popular choice of Nigerians in 1983 before the military vexed and took over. They are all birds of a feather. I only see the populace rising to the occassion and rescueing themsemslves from these vultures called politicians one day. Pls leave them and have some thing better to talk about as some will still pay with their lives soon. Yes! God will pay some of them for their wrong doings through diasgreement among themselves which will later result in assasination, molestation etc. Nemesis is a greek god, it does not riun or fly. All it does is limping and no matter how fast you can run , it will catch up with you as evil doer.
Leave those at the receiving end now, some of them did same in the past. Those who are doing theirs now will on day wake up to have their rewards in full. Only God knows when this cycle will come to an end.
Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by anonimi: 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2010
MEGA BHROS:

@ All,

Ask Ekwueme what himself and Shahgari did against the popular choice of Nigerians in 1983 before the military vexed and took over. They are all birds of a feather. I only see the populace rising to the occassion and rescueing themsemslves from these vultures called politicians one day. Pls leave them and have some thing better to talk about as some will still pay with their lives soon. Yes! God will pay some of them for their wrong doings through diasgreement among themselves which will later result in assasination, molestation etc. Nemesis is a greek god, it does not riun or fly. All it does is limping and no matter how fast you can run , it will catch up with you as evil doer.
Leave those at the receiving end now, some of them did same in the past. Those who are doing theirs now will on day wake up to have their rewards in full. Only God knows when this cycle will come to an end.

very great post except the last part I painted red.
we -150m of us- are the ones who know when it will come to an end. we can decide to mobilise ourselves and ALL our relations and friends to register for the elections as the first step towards our liberating ourselves from the yoke of these old and rotting politicians who have taken us for a ride all these 50 years angry
Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by Pain(m): 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2010
Jonathan Will Be No Different From the "Rest". I Stand Here To Be Corrected! He is the Unseen Hnad Behind,
Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by seanet02: 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2010
who cares about what is happening to political jobbers?
Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by Godmann(m): 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2010
anonimi:

these igbo politicians are mostly money-for-hand-back-for-ground belly wise people. they cannot be bothered about anyone in their tribe as long as their bellies are full. cash & carry na dem stock in trade.
2015 just looking for an excuse to give their gullible igbo followers some fake high while they sell out to their northern pay masters.

I know you are not Igbo. Who in Nigeria is not cash and carry? Huasa, Igbo, Yoruba etc we are all cash and carry.

We should all bow our heads in shame.
Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by anonimi: 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2010
Godman_n:

We should all bow our heads in shame.

we can do better- register and convince others to also register and vote these elections.
Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by sessy2(f): 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2010
Dog chop Dog. Gambari kill fulani. na same same
Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by mechris: 3:18am On Sep 30, 2010
These are not true reflection of igbo leadership politically.With due respect to thier age, wisdom and achievement /attainment ,one should have expected better from these folks, unfortunately they have become a disappointment of some sorts. It will encourage you to know that most of these people are politically expired.Most are from Anambra state where PDP has lost it.U dont expect Ohakim to keep mum and allow his state to be an accomplice to the 'unruly' political activities of these losers who do not know when to quit the stage when ovation is loudest.Ekwueme and Simeon Okeke by now should be sitting down at their age and be honorably consulted for their valued opinion and not to be involved in ignominies and be insulted by their son's age mate. The political dynamics now does not favor south east presidency and not until 2023 can the Igbos be clearly positioned to effortlessly take it. This the bitter truth ,and all these people may not be around then.Soludo for one will not rule nigeria.The would be igbo president in 2023 is yet unknown.Ohakim did the right thing. If these were true eastern patriots with no underpinning motives, they could have held the event in Enugu or Awka.The most reasonable thing to do by any avowed easterner is to support JEG , after-all he is ''an igbo man'' affected by mild geographical dislocation,his name ,stature,accent etal betrays him[emphasis mine].
Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by mensdept: 3:36am On Sep 30, 2010
mechris:

These are not  true reflection of igbo leadership politically.With due respect to thier age, wisdom and achievement /attainment ,one should have expected better from these folks, unfortunately they have become a disappointment of some sorts. It will encourage you to know that most of these people are politically expired.Most are from Anambra state where PDP has lost it.U dont expect Ohakim to keep mum and allow his state to be an accomplice to the 'unruly' political activities of these losers who do not know when to quit the stage when ovation is loudest.Ekwueme and Simeon Okeke  by now should be sitting down at their age and be honorably consulted for their valued opinion and not to be involved in ignominies and be insulted by their son's age mate. The political dynamics now does not favor south east presidency and not until 2023 can the Igbos be clearly positioned to effortlessly take it. This the bitter truth ,and all these people may not be around then.Soludo for one will not rule nigeria.The would be igbo president in 2023 is yet unknown.Ohakim did the right thing. If these were true eastern patriots with no underpinning motives, they could have held the event in Enugu or Awka.The most reasonable thing to do by any avowed easterner is to support JEG , after-all he is ''an igbo man'' affected by mild geographical dislocation,his name ,stature,accent etal betrays him[emphasis mine].

Agreed, at least you seem serious. Imagine Ekwueme and co having "political summits". I mean, for what?

They are part of the reasons why there's problems for the people they claim to represent, and Naija at large.

Our Naija journalist are sometimes big fools as well. Many times their stories are copy-cats from 5, 7, 10 years earlier. What do they mean by "orders from above", as if to make their story more juicy. And must they list all the attendees?
Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by Dede1(m): 3:56am On Sep 30, 2010
mechris:

These are not true reflection of igbo leadership politically.With due respect to thier age, wisdom and achievement /attainment ,one should have expected better from these folks, unfortunately they have become a disappointment of some sorts. It will encourage you to know that most of these people are politically expired.Most are from Anambra state where PDP has lost it.U dont expect Ohakim to keep mum and allow his state to be an accomplice to the 'unruly' political activities of these losers who do not know when to quit the stage when ovation is loudest.Ekwueme and Simeon Okeke by now should be sitting down at their age and be honorably consulted for their valued opinion and not to be involved in ignominies and be insulted by their son's age mate. The political dynamics now does not favor south east presidency and not until 2023 can the Igbos be clearly positioned to effortlessly take it. This the bitter truth ,and all these people may not be around then.Soludo for one will not rule nigeria.The would be igbo president in 2023 is yet unknown.Ohakim did the right thing. If these were true eastern patriots with no underpinning motives, they could have held the event in Enugu or Awka.The most reasonable thing to do by any avowed easterner is to support JEG , after-all he is ''an igbo man'' affected by mild geographical dislocation,his name ,stature,accent etal betrays him[emphasis mine].

Yes, I heard you about easterners when it is politically convenient to socio-political deviants. I had rather staunchly support Ijo person from Nambe or Okirika than support a would-be Igbo person who hides under the cloak of Ijo.

By the way, the political congregants at Owerre have no intention to deliberate Igbo presidency in 2015 or 2019 or 2023. I gathered they were at Owerre to deliberate on the current wave of politics that seemed to be blowing across the cesspit called Nigeria. Ohakim is a mere political pan-handler. He can line his pockets with money today but tomorrow brings uncertainty.
Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by Echidime(m): 6:46am On Sep 30, 2010
Ohakim is been controled by one woman as this picture explains

Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by gogo123: 8:05am On Sep 30, 2010
no worries,ohakim is from my wife's village in mbano and reliable information had it that the villagers have concluded plans to sell him into slavery once he gets home for xmas
Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by Chidoxyl(m): 8:24am On Sep 30, 2010
Tis so sad dat our presumed Igbo "fathers or leaders" could be taken by d caprises & deceits of IBB, The Maradona", who promised an Igbo presidency come 2015. Tis so sad! Can any man alive 2day beat his chest 2 say dat should IBB win d forth coming election, he will lead or rule 4 just 1 term? Common, U & I know d answer.

Not until d parties primaries are concluded will I have my own candidate. For now, I do not have a candidate.

For democracy sake, I am also not happy that these men were locked out of the Concord Hotel to hold their conference. But 1 thing I know is dat these men don't represent d Igbo race. They don't speak 4 either U or me. Go find out, they speak 4 their belly. Remember Jim Nwobodo when he campaigned against same Ekwueme?
Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by Ericology(m): 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2010
chuks01:

ohakim is a tyrant in the south east, he molested a writer in his office stripping him and beating him with a cane in his office,,asjed his aides to beat up a cleric and now this, well i am from owerri and i know my people will never put him back to power, i think this is agabso opportunity to win in 2011, that man won the elections in 2007 under apga platform, everbody in owerri knows this. th erace was btw ararume and agbaso and the latter won. this ohakim is a bad case study of election rigging.n one knew ohakim until he became governor.

Odo diri gi, i was surprised when i heard Ohakim has won the election, i did nt know him, we saw no posters,, he never campaigned, he was just forced on us to spite Ararume and again, to make sure someone from the tiny Okigwe zone wins the election
Re: Igbo Leaders Summit: Ohakim Prevents Igbo Leaders From Holding Meeting by Ericology(m): 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2010
mechris:

These are not  true reflection of igbo leadership politically.With due respect to thier age, wisdom and achievement /attainment ,one should have expected better from these folks, unfortunately they have become a disappointment of some sorts. It will encourage you to know that most of these people are politically expired.Most are from Anambra state where PDP has lost it.U dont expect Ohakim to keep mum and allow his state to be an accomplice to the 'unruly' political activities of these losers who do not know when to quit the stage when ovation is loudest.Ekwueme and Simeon Okeke  by now should be sitting down at their age and be honorably consulted for their valued opinion and not to be involved in ignominies and be insulted by their son's age mate. The political dynamics now does not favor south east presidency and not until 2023 can the Igbos be clearly positioned to effortlessly take it. This the bitter truth ,and all these people may not be around then.Soludo for one will not rule nigeria.The would be igbo president in 2023 is yet unknown.Ohakim did the right thing. If these were true eastern patriots with no underpinning motives, they could have held the event in Enugu or Awka.The most reasonable thing to do by any avowed easterner is to support JEG , after-all he is ''an igbo man'' affected by mild geographical dislocation,his name ,stature,accent etal betrays him[emphasis mine].

U need to take ur drugs,. its midday

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who owns oil? - This Madness Called Niger-delta Struggle Must Stop / Atiku May Be Charged For Treason - Presidency / Operation Vote Out Current Nass(senators And Reps)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.