Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,754 members, 7,889,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:53 AM

Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization (26605 Views)

EFCC Arrests Lady For Selling Her Photos, Facebook Account To Fraudsters / Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers / Teenager, Two Others Sell Siblings For N800,000 To Raise WASSCE Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:
undecided

Maybe NYSC plans to post him to ALL 36 states + FCT.

800k for Mobilization Fees shocked sad shocked
Just jump at comment without reading.

2 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by engrkaz(m): 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2019
Read before u comment
KingOfAllIgbos:
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by alizma: 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2019
I think the best thing to do this day is to spread ones money across, at least 4 bank accounts. Two out of the 4 should be strictly restricted to transactions across the counter. That is, no card should be issued and, or collected on the accounts, no online platform access to the accounts. Strictly transaction across the counter. As for the other two, keep certain amount that wouldn't cause heartbreak when lost.
Its heartbreaking to lost ones life saving to an idiot who will probably use the money to buy things to impress people on social media.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by westlius(m): 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2019
This is a new way scammers operate, never use ur atm card in any body system to buy or upload anything because ur security details are being stored in the system without your notice.
Always transfer the money to the operator account to do it himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Donmoscojaja(m): 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2019
sorry
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
So there are people who actually use their main ATM cards to do online transactions?

Shouldn't you have a seprate account which has small money for online transactions.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Marvyx(m): 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
I feel the guys pain. That's why it's best to keep the bulk of your money if need be in an account without ATM. Leave small change for emergency transactions.

Or scatter your funds across your bank accounts. Option 1 works best for me though.

5 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Timmyking01(m): 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
That's saddened and do heart breaking Bruv, no one can be trusted, never, I repeat, never give your account details to any fucking body.
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by KingOfAllIgbos: 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
engrkaz:
Read before u comment

I actually read it and it was a joke. Think before you type.

Does a mobilization fee exist ?.

1 Like

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2019
upon all this u will still see nigerians praising fraudsters and yahoo yahoo boyz

9 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by KingOfAllIgbos: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2019
oluwamaich:

Get the message...
The incident happened after he did his registration.
Probably the place he registered is where he got his data hacked

Was a joke. NYSC doesn't post anyone to more than one place obviously.

2 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Born2Breed(f): 4:03pm On Jun 04, 2019
I always advice people to have a particular account/card they use for online or card transaction.

Transfer money into the account when you want to do any transaction or have not more 100k in there.

All these third party payment portal are all compromised.

7 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Tosdam(m): 4:03pm On Jun 04, 2019
The title of this post sha....
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by umarshehu58(m): 4:03pm On Jun 04, 2019
You should always have other account for online transactions.

Savings account should be savings
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by felony101(m): 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2019
hahahaha haha I swear some Nigerians deserve jail term dis is so deep mehn I no fit laff
KingOfAllIgbos:
undecided

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Ayodejioak(m): 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2019
I feel this guy's pain so much that I won't mind helping out in every possible way.
Doing a few reconnissance, I know Kingspay is a widely used payment app with a physical address: 101 N Wolfe St Baltimore, MD 21231 U101 N Wolfe St Baltimore, MD 2123 USA and a support email: kingspay@joinkingschat.com.
The domain was transferred (possibly bought) a couple years back from enom to namecheap. Let me know what further assistance I can provide

5 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2019
SOFTDRINK:
I hope he is not part of the sttupid "marlians" supporting naira marley.

The JAMB site was obviously compromised
ppl wey dey support fraudsters will still be crying wen they get defrauded.funny world yes.

3 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Olatunji1929: 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
Nairalandmentor:
Khai...this is really bad. If it is a mstercard or visa card the money can be removed from your account without OTP SMS. Some websites like foreign hosting and domain registrars don't require OTP. That's why you have to be careful with your credit cards. Don't expose the 16 digits of your card and the 3 digits number at the back. Fraudsters don't need OTP or your ATM pin to take out all your money.

thanks I never knew that I can still use my uncle ATM on foreign site thanks omo aye
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
Born2Breed:
I always advice people to have a particular account/card they use for online or card transaction.

Transfer money into the account when you want to do any transaction or have not more 100k in there.

All these third party payment portal are all compromised.

are you sure he isn't on a Fake website?

1 Like

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by mayorlee007: 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
If the payment was done at a cyber cafe go and hold the cafe operator. They might have installed a spyware that saved your card details. Then used it to wire your money

10 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by HitSong: 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
Soljaboi44:
WOW....

Second To Comment cool

I need to work harder FTC loading soon.. grin

Happy Eid Mubarak to all Muslims out there
You need brain evaluation...
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by AbooNasir(m): 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
one of the reasons i don't do any transaction online??
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2019
Esseite:
Cloned remitta webpage....

And some people would come here telling you EFCC should leave Yahoo boys alone..

Here is someone's all and all, everything he has in life, years of struggle and suffering, including debts and peoples monies all gone in one swoop, while someone tell you they are collecting their forefathers money..

And what next, pop champagnes and sleep with numerous ladies while screaming "Oluwa don bless me"..

If we continue letting these thieves go, we would only wake up to a generation of rogues because no one would see the gains in working legit.
I hope that musician who sang that inspired yahoo music rot in jail

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by bishopkay: 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2019
Esseite:
Cloned remitta webpage....

And some people would come here telling you EFCC should leave Yahoo boys alone..

Here is someone's all and all, everything he has in life, years of struggle and suffering, including debts and peoples monies all gone in one swoop, while someone tell you they are collecting their forefathers money..

And what next, pop champagnes and sleep with numerous ladies while screaming "Oluwa don bless me"..

Bro whilst I understand your angst, we also have to set the records straight. REMITA is a payment platform Like quickteller. The victim said he was paying for a jamb result, it had to go through Jamb's portal which would redirect to remita's.

I am suspecting he perhaps used his card at a mall or hotel or somewhere and his details got swiped unfortunately. His bank should pay the funds because the CBN has always charged banks with funds security! No online transaction should be honored without an OTP sent to your line

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Femeto: 4:15pm On Jun 04, 2019
He was hacked at the business center where he went to print his Jamb result.
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by phantom(m): 4:15pm On Jun 04, 2019
100 dollars was withdrawn from my gtb account in early april. I blocked the card immediately and made a formal report the next day at the branch.
My cash was refunded last week after 2 months. Keep putting pressure. Goodluck

5 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by khinqberry(m): 4:15pm On Jun 04, 2019
iamVirus:
Same thing happened to me to on my first bank account. All my money was gone. it's been over a week now, first bank just dey blow grammar, they don't even reply on time, saying that there's nothing they can do that I gave out my card details to someone.

I'm actually scared to put money in my account again.

Funny thing is that recently, I also paid my school fees through Remita with my card

i hate dis bank with passion,small shower of rain ,dem go tell u say no network and direct u to one of dier far useless centre
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2019
bishopkay:

Bro whilst I understand your angst, we also have to set the records straight. REMITA is a payment platform Like quickteller. The victim said he was paying for a jamb result, it had to go through Jamb's portal which would redirect to remita's.

I am suspecting he perhaps used his card at a mall or hotel or somewhere and his details got swiped unfortunately. His bank should pay the funds because the CBN has always charged banks with funds security! No online transaction should be honored without an OTP sent to your line

The remitta page was cloned and does not redirect to any other page, but rather give error

1 Like

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Born2Breed(f): 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2019
truthsayer009:

are you sure he isn't on a Fake website?

Probably, these everyday stories of money missing from account when their cards are not missing, there is need to be cautious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Bites Off Widow’s Finger, Swallowed It (pic) / Kids Missing On Their Way To School In Kafanchan, Southern Kaduna / Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.