Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,754 members, 7,889,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:58 AM

Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization (26606 Views)

EFCC Arrests Lady For Selling Her Photos, Facebook Account To Fraudsters / Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers / Teenager, Two Others Sell Siblings For N800,000 To Raise WASSCE Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by DonX001: 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2019
I seriously believe all yahoo boys should be shot dead.
Same with all corrupt politicians.
As in, tied to a stake, and blasted with rifles.
Nothing like life imprisonment, fine, plea bargain, nothing.
Just straight death sentence.
That's the closest way to restoring sanity in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by edo3(m): 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2019
bishopkay:

Bro whilst I understand your angst, we also have to set the records straight. REMITA is a payment platform Like quickteller. The victim said he was paying for a jamb result, it had to go through Jamb's portal which would redirect to remita's.

I am suspecting he perhaps used his card at a mall or hotel or somewhere and his details got swiped unfortunately. His bank should pay the funds because the CBN has always charged banks with funds security! No online transaction should be honored without an OTP sent to your line
pls am using Opay for almost all my transactions,,sometimes they send otp and sometimes they don't.. Can they be trusted?
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
Esseite:
Cloned remitta webpage....

And some people would come here telling you EFCC should leave Yahoo boys alone..

Here is someone's all and all, everything he has in life, years of struggle and suffering, including debts and peoples monies all gone in one swoop, while someone tell you they are collecting their forefathers money..

And what next, pop champagnes and sleep with numerous ladies while screaming "Oluwa don bless me"..

If we continue letting these thieves go, we would only wake up to a generation of rogues because no one would see the gains in working legit.
u know wat i pray about? i slways pray those ppl who go about defending scammers should be d ones who ought to be scammed.

10 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by gonkin(m): 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
And one idiot will come here and say leave fraudsters alone that politicians see more. Politicians steal before u earn, Yahoo boys steal what u have earned. Tell me which one go pain u pass?
Which way Naija

5 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by TANID(m): 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
Soljaboi44:
WOW....

Second To Comment cool

I need to work harder FTC loading soon.. grin

Happy Eid Mubarak to all Muslims out there
Hahahahahahaha! grin Thanks For That Wish
Were Are You Now

1 Like

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 04, 2019
all hail team naira marley
the money will be well spent in a nightclub , washing hands with champagne
just as kidnappers are now targeting paupers, so will fraudsters

if the victim follows up with the bank and thretens enough escalation, he should get his money back

more importantly, it is best to keep a second almost empty account for transactions. that way there is nothing to steal.

2 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Gabari1: 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
Take heart bro Nigeria is not safe for us again
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by 400billionman: 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by 400billionman: 4:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
Diegobonito:
So sad. This is an Inside Job from the Bank

It is not an inside job.

Keep huge money in accounts without internet banking service. Simple.

Was he doing N800,000 business everyday ?

We like carrying effizy on the head and leaving our brains out.

1 Like

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by ogongogames(m): 4:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
Yet some will be supporting the claim that "Yahoo is payback for Slavery". Stupidity of the highest order.

5 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by UrVillagePpl: 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
Esseite:
Cloned remitta webpage....

And some people would come here telling you EFCC should leave Yahoo boys alone..

Here is someone's all and all, everything he has in life, years of struggle and suffering, including debts and peoples monies all gone in one swoop, while one stupid fellow tells you they are collecting their forefathers money..

And what next, pop champagnes and sleep with numerous ladies while partying and screaming "Oluwa don bless me"... watching years and years of hard
work frittered in seconds and hours..

If we continue letting these thieves go, we would only wake up to a generation of rogues because no one would see the gains in working legit.

true talk cool

1 Like

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by luluosas(m): 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2019
So sorry ooooooo. In fact, I had to Access CC last time to deactivate my Mastercard when I suspected that my card was compromised, not knowing that it was the transaction I carried out myself on Jumia One, which though the transaction of airtime recharge was successfully done, but alert came from Access Bank after about 4 days or thereabouts. I had to immediately stopped the CC from deactivating my card immediately I remembered the transaction.
Let's be careful how we use our bank cards online
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Livefreeordieha(m): 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2019
vizkiz:
Same thing happened to my best friend late last year. Over 500k years wiped out from his account.

I'd advise y'all to stop using mobile banking because it can easily get hacked.
no I disagree bro.. U can't blind ur eyes because of ur enemies u won't av eyes to see those who love u...

Get a special card that u only transfer there or leave careless loose funds there for online errands..

I learnt that in 2010 was in Holland and someone was using my ing card somewhere in Prague... I had to cancel my vacation to travel back to Germany to address the issues with my flight itinerary.. The goodnews was MasterCard was insured.. So I could get a refund but that was then I did get a refund don't know about now..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by UrVillagePpl: 4:45pm On Jun 04, 2019
israelmao:
It was a clean sweep of his bank account.I really feel for him.Learnt lesson ;whenever one wants to do such transaction one will just leave only that amount needed in one's bank account.
ial acct for all

or better still have a special acct for all your online transaction wink

1 Like

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by cooltola(m): 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2019
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Digitron: 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2019
Send a mail to CBN's customer protection department through this mail address: cpd@cbn.gov.ng

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by lilachiever(m): 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2019
iamVirus:
Same thing happened to me to on my first bank account. All my money was gone. it's been over a week now, first bank just dey blow grammar, they don't even reply on time, saying that there's nothing they can do that I gave out my card details to someone.

I'm actually scared to put money in my account again.

Funny thing is that recently, I also paid my school fees through Remita with my card

I was robbed of my phone in a bus on May 5 and those people later wiped my account using only the sim card attached to my FBN account, I never linked any card to the account and no mobile banking at all on the account, lodged a complaint at their Ikorodu branch. manager told me it was an inside job.

To use bank in Nigeria sef dey scare person and FBN is worst of them all

1 Like

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by CyberWolf: 5:04pm On Jun 04, 2019
He probably did the transaction at a cyber cafe, very very unwise decision if so..

4 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by jaeyking(m): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
israelmao:
It was a clean sweep of his bank account.I really feel for him.Learnt lesson ;whenever one wants to do such transaction one will just leave only that amount needed in one's bank account.

Because of scammers I have two accounts.
One meant for online transaction and all.
While the other my savings with absolutely no online mode of transactions. Not even mobile. Withdrawal is by withdrawal slip

4 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Mizwisdom(f): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
mayorlee007:
If the payment was done at a cyber cafe go and hold the cafe operator.
They might have installed a spyware that saved your card details.
Then used it to wire your money

Exactly, I went to print something from my email address, the next thing someone hacked into my email a few hours after I left the business center, 2 different business centers, thank God for google who informed me both times. Those people have spyware that save details of one's passwords, card etc

1 Like

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by omakay(m): 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
I do sympathize with the student....

But a lot of Nigerians lack money management skills. Both the learned and the lay.

In a country like Nigeria where security and justice of any kind cannot be guaranteed, i feel it is left for the citizens to take whatever brilliant cautious measure to keep their lives and property safe...

Do not ever put all your eggs inside one financial basket. The student had all his live savings inside one naira debit card and he has being moving about with it. I am very sure that he must have used that card to shop and pay for services at one time or another.

Everybody knows that keeping money in our commercial banks is a big risk to us (thanks to the poor security infrastructure of the country). Would it not be smart to spread the risk across several banking institutions because the possibility of being hacked all at once is nearly impossible.

Not all accounts need transaction facilities. Just have an account, disable card functions on that card and even internet functions.

Have an account that you use for transactions of all kinds and never leave money in it except when you need it.
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
She should ask Naira Marley
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by chukwuibuipob: 5:28pm On Jun 04, 2019
iamVirus:
Same thing happened to me to on my first bank account. All my money was gone. it's been over a week now, first bank just dey blow grammar, they don't even reply on time, saying that there's nothing they can do that I gave out my card details to someone.

I'm actually scared to put money in my account again.

Funny thing is that recently, I also paid my school fees through Remita with my card
so sorry ..Wish i can look into ur case.
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by mrtc(m): 5:42pm On Jun 04, 2019
I hate online banking, payment or whatever it is called online, Nigeria is not safe for that. Sorry BRO
Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Mystica1(m): 5:49pm On Jun 04, 2019
Naija don red my brethrens, everyone is looking for an easy way out,scammers everywhere undecided.

If you have multiple bank accounts choose one of them to perform any card transactions, the rest of them can be only accessible by you with a withdrawal slip or Cheque.

Move you huge funds to accounts you have no card linked to it. Always make sure you have little funds in the account linked with a card.

My piece of advice though undecided take it or leave it.

2 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Unconquerable: 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
There shall be no peace for the wicked. Those who did this shall eat the bread of pain and hardship.

2 Likes

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Darlenelove: 6:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
My friend, get a Lawyer and sue your bank. Which one the merchant determines the mode of payment in your own account? There's a security breach inside the bank and they should bear the loss. Get a lawyer

1 Like

Re: Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization by Afroban(m): 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2019
edo3:
pls am using Opay for almost all my transactions,,sometimes they send otp and sometimes they don't.. Can they be trusted?

Yes we can be trusted, the company is a legal entity which is fully registered and we have a physical office at Japaul house, Alausa-Ikeja in case of any issue, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Bites Off Widow’s Finger, Swallowed It (pic) / Kids Missing On Their Way To School In Kafanchan, Southern Kaduna / Lagos Police Raise Alarm Over New Tactic Used By Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.