Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,395 members, 7,947,660 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:14 AM

Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC (37117 Views)

Why I ‘sacked’ My Father’s Wife, Other Directors — Ait’s Dokpesi / Nkiruka Udom Of AIT Is Dead / AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by middlebelter(m): 7:18am On Jun 07, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
stop acting like u care for opposition...that opposition should exist doesn't means lawlessness and anyhow should be allowed...how can AIT be incorporating uncensored social media to mainstream media and you call the freedom...someone was sacked in UK for a racist tweet...some information on social media are nonsense ae fake and you import them for what...AIT should know when to cross the lines.... even Messi Ronaldo get penalized by referees...this same
AIT in 2015 aired a fake documentary of Buhari that was an height of journalistic irresponsibility....

If you seat down and reflect on the activities of APCbefore 2015 elections, you will agree with me as well that APC is not a saints or body of saints when it comes to fake news. Remember the story or the saying that people who killed by sword will never allow anyone to play with sword around his/her head?Having said that, there is no justification for fake news but we must strive to keep this democracy given iur experience under military rules especially Abacha's.
I insist, NBChave alternative to total shutdown of AIT. IT IS A DEMONSTRATION OF INTOLERANCE!
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Mccullum: 7:19am On Jun 07, 2019
easzypeaszy:
Useless Gov dt hv not provided jobs bt went ahead to destroy wer som ppl r managing...Useless Country...I can commit suicide jst bc am living wt did dirty pigs n shit hole called a country...
Any APC idiot who quote me he no go better for u n ur generation till eternity...d guy I swear fr last week am very sure him family member r lookin fr solutions up n down...urs too wl be like dat

I'll reply you, I'm not a member of APC as you indirectly declared your self as PDP member or sympathizer which I'm less concerned...

Stop cursing and abusing people, it'll only picture your character to the world because of AIT and NBC issues, you don't want any contrary opinions to yours and you concluded on bullying anyone that quote you... Absolutely wrong.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by middlebelter(m): 7:27am On Jun 07, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
Should a news media be the voice of political opposition or the people?

AIT is not just unapologetically political but they don't follow broad cast ethics

That may be true but shuting it down is not an alternative. Please go through their reasons for shutting it down again and you will reaslise that the ruling party need to tolerate opposition more than they are doing, there are alternatives to outright shut down. NBC missed it.

Stringent warnings van be issued will financial penalties. Such warning can be published for Nigerian to read though other media where professional infractions will be highlighted, but that has not been done. We remember some of tge things invluding outright lies told by Lia Mohammed before 2015 elections and GEJ didn't go after them the way APC /PMBis going after AIT.
We don't want military rule for any reason, so we have got to all speak out on things we feel can threaten our democracy.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Mrukk: 7:32am On Jun 07, 2019
sapientia:
Who else noticed no reason was actually given?
Read the previous warning posted sometimes last week or early this week and you will understand better Bro, to be candid their excesses are just too much.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Mrukk: 7:34am On Jun 07, 2019
middlebelter:

That may be true but shuting it down is not an alternative. Please go through their reasons for shutting it down again and you will reaslise that the ruling party need to tolerate opposition more than they are doing, there are alternatives to outright shut down. NBC missed it.

Stringent warnings van be issued will financial penalties. Such warning can be published for Nigerian to read though other media where professional infractions will be highlighted, but that has not been done. We remember some of tge things invluding outright lies told by Lia Mohammed before 2015 elections and GEJ didn't go after them the way APC /PMBis going after AIT.
We don't want military rule for any reason, so we have got to all speak out on things we feel can threaten our democracy.
They did that in fact I read it on this platform last week or early this week. You can search for it to know more
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by middlebelter(m): 7:36am On Jun 07, 2019
Koolking:

Stop beating your chest nothing will happen. No one cares about your whining and wailing. Nothing will happen until Daar Comm accept responsibility and do the right thing.

Am sure you cry more than this during Onnoghen trial but at the end, you moved on quietly. Govt will also exercise its authority for the good of all.

You seem not to realise that I am not out to defend AIT. Personally, I seldom watch the station. My concern isn't that it is AIT. No, I am worried that oppositions voice may be strangled.
Remember some of the campaign points against Buhari begore 2015 elections?
As an investor, I lost money in Daar Communications, that is enough reason for me not to like the man Raymonf Dokpsi but hey pur democracy is more important than my money. Buhari should stop outright shutdown of a media house and find another penalty to award.
I am in total disagreement with the overzealous approach of NBC.

Perhaps it is just the beginning of what to expect from PMBsecond time?
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by candygist: 7:50am On Jun 07, 2019
jamesharryson:
Witch hunting... Nothing more

When they where busy doing all manner of evil documentary against buhari. Wishing him death before 2015 election. In broadcasting you have to be neutral .Watch CNN BBC etc and see how things are done .

1 Like

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:16am On Jun 07, 2019
omaigala:

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

They never did any wrong.

Even CNN, BBC and the likes show information from social media especially tweets from Trump.

Buhari is an intolerable egomaniac, an extremist and a terrorist.
it's not Buhari who shut them down it's NBC... I watch CNN BBC they don't cross the boundaries...stop defending rubbish....AIT deserve Wat is happening to them...ben Bruce is also pdp man like dokpesi but how many times has silverbird been in the news...i watch TV and I know when they overdo...

1 Like

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Magnifico2000: 8:18am On Jun 07, 2019
I tried to watch AIT this morning but it was blank. Nothing was displaying on that particular channel. Please what is the problem. Do you think the premises of AIT is sealed and that's why nothing is displaying on their station?
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Floxytran: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2019
easzypeaszy:
Useless Gov dt hv not provided jobs bt went ahead to destroy wer som ppl r managing...Useless Country...I can commit suicide jst bc am living wt did dirty pigs n shit hole called a country...
Any APC idiot who quote me he no go better for u n ur generation till eternity...d guy I swear fr last week am very sure him family member r lookin fr solutions up n down...urs too wl be like dat

Your knowledge is very little I can see clearly. But first let me tell that suicide is never an option. Secondly, I'm very aware of this issue and Daar Communications really erred on this. I personally won't manage where my salary hasn't be paid for over 10months and guys there are just staying cos people like you will ask why they didn't go to work. I would even like that NBC force them to pay all the salaries being owed.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Magnifico2000: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2019
candygist:

When they where busy doing all manner of evil documentary against buhari. Wishing him death before 2015 election. In broadcasting you have to be neutral .Watch CNN BBC etc and see how things are done .
CNN wasn't neutral during Trump and Clinton's campaign. Even Trump threatened to deal with CNN when he gets to power. Go make your findings.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2019
middlebelter:

If you seat down and reflect on the activities of APCbefore 2015 elections, you will agree with me as well that APC is not a saints or body of saints when it comes to fake news. Remember the story or the saying that people who killed by sword will never allow anyone to play with sword around his/her head?Having said that, there is no justification for fake news but we must strive to keep this democracy given iur experience under military rules especially Abacha's.
I insist, NBChave alternative to total shutdown of AIT. IT IS A DEMONSTRATION OF INTOLERANCE!
there Is a limit to propaganda in politics...AIT were worse in spread of fake news for pdp that documentary on Buhari 2015 gave them away...did apc apologist like tvc did such on Jonathan...that people throw punches in boxing no mean they should kill themselves...referee still de boxing and wrestling
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Magnifico2000: 8:22am On Jun 07, 2019
omaigala:

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

They never did any wrong.

Even CNN, BBC and the likes show information from social media especially tweets from Trump.

Buhari is an intolerable egomaniac, an extremist and a terrorist.
CNN wasn't neutral during Trump and Clinton's campaign. Even Trump threatened to deal with CNN when he gets to power. Go make your findings.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Floxytran: 8:31am On Jun 07, 2019
I'm quite encouraged that most of the comments here are ones with intellectual tone. You can't be in the media industry and do your thing your way. A public opinion program was stopped on a certain radio like a year or 2 ago. Most of the listeners including me were crying at the last episode of the program and it was clear they had recieved NBC directive to shut the program down. You cannot be in America and say because you are Nigerian you won't abide by their rules and constitution. Please let's be guided. I've always seen this coming!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by dotedote: 8:51am On Jun 07, 2019
May God in his infinite mercies, bless you beyond your expectations.
A whole lot of frustrated youths everywhere blaming everything on the government. Always ready to pounce on the FG at every opportunity. What kills me more is the fact that over 85% of these complainants are educated.

Koolking:

You're too big for all these lies and hatred for a tribe and ethnic group. Responsible people won't buy it. We keep demonising an entire lawful ethnic group for our selfish gain.

The license was given to National Commission for Nomadic Education under Fed Min of Education. It's not only the Fulani that are Nomads, most Ijaws are Nomads. It will benefit all. See the positive side of govt decisions.

As a Christians, we are more hypocrite than non-Christians

1 Like

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Ruona98: 9:00am On Jun 07, 2019
Koolking:

Good one. It's a step in the right direction. It shows we still have a government in Nigeria. Nigerians are too lawless for my liking.

By the way, I had no idea Daar Comm/AIT still existed. I thought they had followed the way of Dinosaur due to alleged months of indebtedness to its workers.

Kudos to NBC for not allowing a section of Nigerians intimidate them into compromising their codes

I agree with u completely. many are giving comments based on bias and sentiment or for their hatred toward this administration. the truth is d human we are gives room for imperfection. d government is not perfect because they are not angels. AIT have never said one thing that is good about this administration and continued to use vulgar speeches that are not TV/radio friendly, instead they make it so glaring that they are PDP TV. If u know u know
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by QuotaSystem: 9:38am On Jun 07, 2019
Koolking:

You're too big for all these lies and hatred for a tribe and ethnic group. Responsible people won't buy it. We keep demonising an entire lawful ethnic group for our selfish gain.

The license was given to National Commission for Nomadic Education under Fed Min of Education. It's not only the Fulani that are Nomads, most Ijaws are Nomads. It will benefit all. See the positive side of govt decisions.

God bless you abundantly for speaking the TRUTH in the face of an evil lie.

So lost are they that they're attacking you for simply correcting them and stating a fact.

They are so blinded by hatred for this admin that they don't realize they're losing their very souls.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by yemex04(m): 10:07am On Jun 07, 2019
middlebelter:
I. may not like Raymond Dokpsi as person, but all lovers of pur democracy should not allow the FGN under PMBto get away with this.
Once you attempt to block the voice of opposition, you are indirectly inviting unconventional way of dissemination of information and that can mean falsehood which is extremely dangerous for our democracy..

Mr.president and APC should remember that they rode to power through the power of unhindered media by GEJ administration., imagine if GEJ Admin decided to find fault with the leadi g pro APC TV stations in the country before 2015 election and suspended thier operating licence? Would it have been easy gor APC to win? Opposition voice is critical for democracy to thrive. The promoter and Management of AIT may be bad operator to regulate, but that is where maturity is required on the part government and NBC.

I would rather not see it frm an emotional point of view..Did they break the NBC code or not? If they truly did , appropriate sanctions should melted on them.Broadcasting is not the social media.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by hecomeshome(m): 10:11am On Jun 07, 2019
Koolking:

Your head nor correct? Abi you nor go school? Who told you the Ijaws are nomads? So, if dem ask you for exam na, you go say the Ijaws are nomads, Abi? Just because you wanted to justify PMB's action, you decided to disgrace yourself.
Warn yourself o.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by middlebelter(m): 10:13am On Jun 07, 2019
superstar1:

Have you forgotten how your hero from.otuoke seized newspapers and arrested vendors? Which press freedom are u talking about?

Really!? Well, I pray we get it right. Never again should we allow anyone to restrict our freedom of speech. Dictatorial tendencies usually start in a subtle manner with people clapping for the wrong things targeted at caging them.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Euny86: 10:35am On Jun 07, 2019
cool i sit don d luk dis type of government
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Songsing: 10:37am On Jun 07, 2019
amaben2020:

You are a disturbed fellow embarassed pukes

And you are not
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by dochenaj: 10:49am On Jun 07, 2019
I keep seeing those who comment on the terrible and fake broadcast by AIT, and I was thinking, "that is slander".
So this is what I'll say, "if AIT notably committed slander through their broadcasts, there should be a mountain of litigations against them, and that alone should drag them out of business."
Rather than the NBC shutting them down. By so doing they have showed their bias.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Koolking(m): 11:13am On Jun 07, 2019
hecomeshome:

Your head nor correct? Abi you nor go school? Who told you the Ijaws are nomads? So, if dem ask you for exam na, you go say the Ijaws are nomads, Abi? Just because you wanted to justify PMB's action, you decided to disgrace yourself.
Warn yourself o.

I believe you are a teenager. Seek knowledge and liberate yourself from ignorance. I assumed you have no idea what nomads means.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-48389540

http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/article/view/347/919
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Koolking(m): 11:27am On Jun 07, 2019
middlebelter:

You seem not to realise that I am not out to defend AIT. Personally, I seldom watch the station. My concern isn't that it is AIT. No, I am worried that oppositions voice may be strangled.
Remember some of the campaign points against Buhari begore 2015 elections?
As an investor, I lost money in Daar Communications, that is enough reason for me not to like the man Raymonf Dokpsi but hey pur democracy is more important than my money. Buhari should stop outright shutdown of a media house and find another penalty to award.
I am in total disagreement with the overzealous approach of NBC.

Perhaps it is just the beginning of what to expect from PMBsecond time?

We are the future of this country. If you feel you aren't, I am the future. We should never allow sentiment cloud our objective judgement of issues. Check record, you will find out that NBC has been pampering AIT on its excesses in the last 2years but no change. The band is in order

However, there is nothing new in the band. I think, in 2012, Adaba Radio (subsidiary of TVC) license was suspende by NBC under Jonathan administration for breaching broadcast rules and codes. MTN was heavily fined by NCC for flouting directives. There is nothing new. Nigerians just decide to make a mountain out of molehill.

Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by hecomeshome(m): 11:28am On Jun 07, 2019
Koolking:

I believe you are a teenager. Seek knowledge and liberate yourself from ignorance. I assumed you have no idea what nomads means.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-48389540

http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/article/view/347/919

U know nothing about who's a nomad, otherwise u wouldn't use that word for the Ijaws. Since you are well read, why don't you cite a reference to back your baseless claim that the Ijaws are nomads?
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Koolking(m): 11:32am On Jun 07, 2019
omaigala:

Enough! Demon.
Keep your fork tongue behind your teeth.

Fulani are never law abiding.
They are terrorists proscribed by the US.

You are never a Christian.

And of what use is the fulani language to an Ijaw man? Or you think we don't know that the radio will broadcast in fulani language?

Stop tarnishing the image of Christians.

Be guided.

Ok
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Koolking(m): 11:33am On Jun 07, 2019
timota:

Mr man stop telling lies,which language are the going to use for normdic radio broadcast?ijaw or Fulani language

In pidgin so that you understand https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-48389540
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Koolking(m): 11:35am On Jun 07, 2019
tomdon:

you are more hypocritical, speak for yourself fool! Must you demean yourself and exalt them to make your useless point?

Ok, CAN spokesman
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Bulusc: 11:36am On Jun 07, 2019
Add up the number of those working in the media house to the unemployed.Up Buhari,up Nigeria.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by superstar1(m): 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
middlebelter:

Really!? Well, I pray we get it right. Never again should we allow anyone to restrict our freedom of speech. Dictatorial tendencies usually start in a subtle manner with people clapping for the wrong things targeted at caging them.

Freedom.of speech comes with a responsibility..when you fail in that responsibility then your freedom cease to exist either. Freedom is never absolute.
Re: Why We Suspended AIT, Ray Power - NBC by Don27tiky(m): 1:12pm On Jun 07, 2019
IJEYdiamond:

Mr Sycophant... worse has been said to Trump.. who has brains..this is not about pdp and apc..

This is about freedom of speech.. Do the right thing!!!!

Trump called some countries shithole and PMB lifeless.. what happened. i dont even know which is better cursed or lifeless.... What happened??The so called messagers couldn't do a damn f**king thing... !!

They should give their brain sense...

where una go get power... una no go get!!
Mr man u still don't understand what he is saying let me help ur little brain. He is saying CNN often times insult trump as a person but not america as a country. Here Ait insult Nigeria as a country and not pmb... that is the difference bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Esther Benyeogo Emerges Winner Of The Voice Nigeria 2021 / #BBNaija: Lizzy Anjorin Exposes Tobi Bakre, Canvasses For Support / Laycon: Erica Tried To Kiss Me, But I Refused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.