Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,855 members, 7,899,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 04:20 AM

Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho (2394 Views)

Travel to Brazil by boat from Cape Verde. / IN PICTURES: Very Cold Weather As Snow Falls In South Africa And Lesotho (2021) / Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho by thegreencoal: 12:46pm On Jun 08, 2019
House,
I want to know why there isn't much talk about the listed countries: Cape Verde, Algeria and Lebanon.

Lebanon is visa on arrival for $20 USD. Valid for 30 days. If you get a job and your employer processes the residency permit for you, there you're good. You can go in and out of the country at any time.

Cape Verde is visa free for Nigerians. You can get a luxurious bus to Senegal and take a 70k flight from Dakar (Senegal) to Praia (Cape Verde). You will just have to show a return ticket, proof of sufficiency $2000 USD and you're in.

Lesotho - This country is practically inside South Africa and it allows evisa for Nigerians. The logic, once you're in Lesotho, you're in South Africa too.

However, I haven't seen much discussions about these countries here. Anyone with a why?

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho by ferrariLaferrari: 1:09pm On Jun 08, 2019
And the way i see Lebanon on press Tv, it’s a very nice and clean environment but their nationals are scattered all over Africa, ranging from Benin republic and even Nigeria self.

4 Likes

Re: Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho by thegreencoal: 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2019
ferrariLaferrari:
And the way i see Lebanon on press Tv, it’s a very nice and clean environment but their nationals are scattered all over Africa, ranging from Benin republic and even Nigeria self.

Exactly. Very neat cities, fairly planned and the citizens are conservative. It has a mixed religion like Nigeria. In Lebanon, Muslims are about 55% and Christians 42%. The country is hospitable and friendly. But the only thing is getting a job quickly even though migrant workers don't earn as much as citizens, getting their residency permit is a plus.

For citizens, minimum wage is $450 USD, So migrants could get like $250-$300 USD for a start. Good enough, the country is close to Cyprus, and one can move via waterways.

3 Likes

Re: Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho by ifyalways(f): 4:00pm On Jun 08, 2019
Have never thought of visiting Lebanon, now I do.

What adrenaline pumping activities can one engage in there? Things to see and do?

CV is beautiful. Lesotho? Nay. Seen enough in S.A..

4 Likes

Re: Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho by ferrariLaferrari: 4:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
thegreencoal:

Exactly. Very neat cities, fairly planned and the citizens are conservative. It has a mixed religion like Nigeria. In Lebanon, Muslims are about 55% and Christians 42%. The country is hospitable and friendly. But the only thing is getting a job quickly even though migrant workers don't earn as much as citizens, getting their residency permit is a plus.

For citizens, minimum wage is $450 USD, So migrants could get like $250-$300 USD for a start. Good enough, the country is close to Cyprus, and one can move via waterways.
Wow make a lot of sense, so they pay wages hourly or weekly ?

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho by thegreencoal: 4:39pm On Jun 08, 2019
ferrariLaferrari:

Wow make a lot of sense, so they pay wages hourly or weekly ?

I ain't very certain but I would say it's monthly.
Re: Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho by thegreencoal: 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
ifyalways:

What adrenaline pumping activities can one engage in there? Things to see and do?

CP is beautiful. Lesotho? Nay. Seen enough in S.A..

Any you know the good thing, flight ticket isn't heavy. Between 180k to 190k for return ticket. (Ethiopian Airline)

2 Likes

Re: Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho by thegreencoal: 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
ifyalways:

CP is beautiful. Lesotho? Nay. Seen enough in S.A..

"Adrenaline pumping activities"? If you would break it down for me. Just simplify in a simple statement, so I can understand. ☺️
Re: Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho by Investmentfreak: 6:29pm On Jun 08, 2019
thegreencoal:

"Adrenaline pumping activities"? If you would break it down for me. Just simplify in a simple statement, so I can understand. ☺️
Hustle
Re: Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 08, 2019
thegreencoal:
House,
I want to know why there isn't much talk about the listed countries: Cape Verde, Algeria and Lebanon.

https://www.nairaland.com/4155711/welcome-algeria-pics
Re: Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho by ifyalways(f): 7:57am On Jun 10, 2019
Investmentfreak:

Hustle
Which nonsense hustle and at what age bikonu? cheesy Hian.

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho by ifyalways(f): 8:06am On Jun 10, 2019
thegreencoal:

Skydiving, zip lining, horse boarding, dinner in the sky etc.

Are you sure Lebanon is visa on arrival for Nigerian passport holders undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho by thegreencoal: 10:43am On Jun 10, 2019
ifyalways:

Skydiving, zip lining, horse boarding, dinner in the sky etc.

Are you sure Lebanon is visa on arrival for Nigerian passport holders undecided

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. These are what you need to do:
1. Buy a return ticket for the period of your stay.
2.Book an hotel, an Airbnb or any other guest accommodation; either pay-on-arrival, free booking or paid booking.
3. Have a personal travel allowance of &$2000 USD.
4. Have $20 for the visa-on-arrival fee.

That's all, you're good to go.
I personally called the Lebanese Embassy in Lagos and Abuja to confirm this and it's true, Nigeria is visa-on-arrival in Lebanon.

Good luck lady! wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cape Verde, Lebanon And Lesotho by EngrKem: 10:44am On Jun 11, 2019
Good one

(1) (Reply)

Advice!! Marriage For Papers / No More Renewal Of The Nigerian E- Passport / Which One Will You Prefer? 300k Monthly Salary Vs 2 Yrs American Visa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.