Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,834 members, 7,872,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1050191 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
GentleBobo:

Please, how does one justify home ties, using parent's land property?

Please.

Hello GentleBobo,

1. Inheritance
2. Gift
3. Management

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Remicynt(f): 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2020
I am currently in the express entry pool, but I am seeking admission for this fall(September) I hope this doesn't disturb my study permit application when I get admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2020
vibrant99:

In the GCMnotes, it only said " The applicant Made mention of a Job without a Recommendation from the Place"....... Re fired with only the recommendation as the "add on"......Thats it.

But come to think of it, How many of Una Fit stand this COLD? Toronto was -26degrees!

When talking about cold in Canada, people in toronto should go and boil beans and sleep cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Manitoba(winnipeg/brandon) we decend to a low of -53degree celcius. This year has been kind and lowest has been a real feel of -45.

My point is that people still dey here. Them never pack go back to naija so leave that matter. Dress warm and in lots of layers and you would be fine.

May it end in praise for every hopeful.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JummyFash: 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2020
If that’s the case, get someone’s office address that you know and send the transcript to the office. It will be better to have it urself than for them to send it to conestoga...That was what I did, I sent the official transcript to my sis’ office address and she brought it home for me, I opened it myself and scan it. If any school request for transcript that is not official(school ceal), I can use that, it’s even clear and better than the student transcript given
milo9:
Good evening guys, i'm applying for admission at conestoga college, there's a part where i have to upload previously attended institution's transcript but my institution insisted they have to send the transcript to the organizations that requests for it themselves as the law forbids giving it to individuals. how do i go through this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 3:24pm On Feb 21, 2020
scaezar:

So the update is.. Appparently, my cousin that i said submitted for me picked a 'NO' when asked if i have been refused a visa before. This was supposed to be a YES because i was denied a visiting visa in 2017.
Now they sent this to his mail todaY.
I believe this is a sensitive issue and i need help..
Im just hopeful that since they didnt refuse straightaway, theres still hope?
Help? Anybody?
Employ the services of an immigration lawyer. They would try and construct a letter to attempt to adequately explain your situation.
Legally, you are responsible for everything on the application once the electronic signature is put. Hope for the best.
Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2020
vanessa969:
Hi Everyone, been a silent reader for a while and was rejected last week.
Please can @frankrobbn1 and other gurus advice me what to do

I got an admission to study Masters of Business Administration in Canada, I paid $7000 tuition deposit.

Rejection letter dropped with these generic reasons:

Travel history
Family ties
Lack of funds.

I have a Bsc in Accounting, I am currently employed under my dads company, I have a great travel history, been to so many places, Parts of the US and Europe so i don't understand the travel history reason.
My Sponsor is my father

Documents submitted:
Dads CAC document, which also shows i'm among the board of directors( I used this as part of my ties to my country in my letter)
Bank statement with balance of 50m and Bank reference letter
Sponsorship Affidavit letter
Sponsorship letter( although this didn't state how much he will be given me for my school, it just states he will be sponsoring me)

My Transcript
International passport and previous visa pages
Acceptance letter
Letter of Recommendation from my dads company
Waec
My birth Certificate
Police clearance
My letter of intent
Imm forms

I know its advisable to apply for the gcms note but we have decided not to and reapply and while doing that i will get an official admission from another country to have that as back up. My school is to resume in may, please I would like all the gurus here to advise me on whatever document I am to add to strengthen my application. Apologies if this post is long, i'm just here to learn. Thank you all

Hello Vanessa969,

I think part of the contributing issue came from how well you were able to explain your application and provide proper clarification to help the VO understand your situation in your study plan. From the provided information, you have a very good profile and this can play to your advantage if you do the following:

1. Include your personal BS, no matter how small the closing balance is. If possible, get your daddy to pay in your LE into it.

2. Include any personal investment certificate, landed property etc. If you have non and maybe the aforementioned belongs to your dad, get authenticated documents and letters from your dad that states you manage and control the affairs of your dad's investments and landed properties etc

3. Brief points to the VO's attention to the foreign countries you have visited, purpose, and how you never flaunted any laws and returned home even before the expiration of your visa. Attach the visa pages.

4. Include the visa page(s) of your dad if he has.

5. If you are still using your dad's company account in your next application, do as instructed in point 1. Also, attach your tuition fee payment (deposit) receipt.

6. Your dad's letter of sponsorship should demonstrate point 1 - 5 and well drafted.

7. In addendum to point 2, include some of your dad's landed property and investment (if applicable)

8. If possible, evaluate your/his properties (though expensive) if applicable and include the certificate(s).

9. Include his birthday certificate to yours and maybe his marriage certificate to your mum (if applicable) to show proof of relationship.

10. Draft a strong and convincing LOE to address each refusal point and revamp your SOP. Endeavour that any given information in the letters are backed with evidence and the documents are connected to reflect your situation. The letters should focus more on the weak side of your application.

N.B: this thing is now based on luck, you can use the waiting time to pray to whatever you believe to make it shine.

All the best

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Barseat: 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
vickyehi:

When talking about cold in Canada, people in toronto should go and boil beans and sleep cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Manitoba(winnipeg/brandon) we decend to a low of -53degree celcius. This year has been kind and lowest has been a real feel of -45.

My point is that people still dey here. Them never pack go back to naija so leave that matter. Dress warm and in lots of layers and you would be fine.

Brother is ur place close to uni of manitoba
Pls check ur mail.....I'm planning to resume by April
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
Rupect:
Please I want to confirm if someone who reside outside can apply from the country he lives or must I come back home to apply for study permit?

Hello Rupect,

Yes, you can but only on the exception if you have a valid/legal status.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 3:47pm On Feb 21, 2020
Barseat:

Brother is ur place close to uni of manitoba
Pls check ur mail.....I'm planning to resume by April
No it isnt.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
CornOak:
Hello guys,

Please, does anyone knows if Lambton College waive English test result for Nigerians? I am planning to apply for Fall Semester.

Second, is it advisable for an OND holder to apply for a Graduate Program at a college? Any effect on TRV?

A suitable response would highly be appreciated. smiley

Many thanks.

Hello CornOak,

To the bolded, you should specify what type of graduate program you are applying to?

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by CornOak(m): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello CornOak,

To the bolded, you should specify what type of graduate program you are applying to?

All the best

Thanks for your response JustMellow.

Attached below is my intended program, kindly check and let me know.

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
ptoall1000:
Are there universities that tuitions of between 8k-12k Canadian dollars tuition for Masters?

Hello Ptoall1000,

You check for schools in the Atlantic provinces; Newfoundland, Alberta, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island.

Also, check Memorial university, Prince Edward University, Simon Fraser University, Brock University, University of Manitoba, University of Saskatchenwan, McEwan University, Brandon University etc

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2020
Alday:

Hi Frank.

Almost in the same shoe.

I have a past refusal for a PGC Business Accountancy and have received my gcms note.

The previous reasons were 'Purpose of visit', 'Personal Assets and Financial Status', 'Vague Study plan'.

I have no travel history but that wasn't mentioned by the VO.

I now have an Masters Admission (MBA) for fall 2020 and will like to reapply next week.

1. My first degree qualifications (A 2:1 in Finance, 2016).
2. Employment docs.
3. My SOA and will add that of my sponsor.
4. Myself, siblings and parents birth certificates.
5. A new LOE and study plan.
6. Had an upfront Medicals for my previous app in April 2019. Don't know if it will still be valid for a new app.

Alongside the forms and acceptance letter.

I have an online folder containing all docs and forms submitted in the old app.

Really need your advice and guide.

Hello Alday,

It may be difficult for someone with the right information to help you due to your vague question. Try to be specific.

If possible, give a comprehensive list of the documents you want to submit. This way, it will be easier to point out or profer advise.

BTW who was/is your sponsor?

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:15pm On Feb 21, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
I studied Animal science in my first degree with second
class upper division honours (2.1)
Please how can i benefit from Canadian scholarship
program for internationa students and which University in
Canada offer courses that's related to my field?

Hello MERCHANDISER,

If you are looking for scholarship, there are several requirements to be met that would make you eligible, which I believe nobody here can rightly give you the full details. Its better to contact the prospective schools you intend to attend.

However, I can point you to begin your search from Manitoba University and Memorial University. I think they offer it or something related.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:21pm On Feb 21, 2020
GentleBobo:

Hello Obehi,

Uwese

Please, do you reckon that I have to highlight that I own a property in my SoP, or the documents of the property should suffice?

What do you think?

Thanks a lot.

Hello GentleBobo,

Don't just include a document, it is very important to explain to the VO how relevant the document is to serve a particular purpose.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by GentleBobo: 4:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello GentleBobo,

1. Inheritance
2. Gift
3. Management

All the best

Thank you bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2020
whytey:

Hello thanks for all the information shared on this platform
I’m new here, I applied for a diploma course in College of North Atlantic Canada but I was asked to provide a Statement of Purpose.

Please someone should kindly send me the sample letter of the Statement of Purpose to my Gmail : denweremadu@gmail.com

Please help a brother

Thanks and Godbless.

Hello Whytey,

Who asked you to provide the letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
plantainboy1:
I'm new here. Please how can one address "taking the applicant's plan of study into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed study will be a reasonable expense". Applicants plan of studies appears vague and not well documented. Not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada.

Please I await a favorable response.

Hello Plantainboy1,

You should work on your finance and demonstrate that you have a steady source of income and convince the VO that you have a solid tie to compel your return back home with substantial evidence. Lastly, draft a well written letter to address the VO's concerns and that of your situation.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2020
PeterWealth:
please does anyone have any idea of schools in Canada accepting applications for masters program right now.

Hello PeterWealth,

Masters program in almost all Canadian university are closed for Fall intake. However, PGD/C programs are still open in most schools. You can do a google search to have a pointer.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2020
samoji84:
Thanks for your response.
Please I want your advice if I should continue with the current 1 year PGP?
What is the implication for eligibility for PR, if I studied the 1-year program, and got PGWP for a year?
It's really a concern for me, given that the end goal is to apply for PR.

Kind regards,
samoji.

Hello Samoji,

Save yourself the stress and headache, and do (enroll) a second 1yr program prior to the completion of the first to quality you for the 3yrs PGWP. A 1yr PGWP won't be sufficient to apply for a PR given the duration in processing and the 1yr working experience required.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:07pm On Feb 21, 2020
JosephYemsol:
Hi guys... Pls assist

I finished with 3.62 /5
My last 2 semester GPA is 4.28/5

And I wanna apply for an MENG program... But it's been proving difficult with my CGPA

So I wanna ask, as a 2.1 , can I apply to kwantlen polytechnic university...I hope it's not an under qualification..

Can the VO understand my case?...
Pls advise

Hello JosephYemsol,

Most schools use your last 2years of your GPA to assess you. It is advised that before you apply to any school, you should enquire from the school about it. Thus, your CGPA isn't that bad for a course-based master and if possible also extend your program choice to PGD/C.

Its best advise to check IRCC website to know if a prospect school is recognized by IRCC and can qualify you for a PGWP.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 5:11pm On Feb 21, 2020
Just listen to yourself!

Do you know what is COLD? or u are typing this from Indonesia?

-45 is crazy, Does Siberia get that low? what can you possibly do in that weather? you still trek or take buses to classes or you are advised to stay back home? will you be able to find your way to the grocery store?,.... I only brought the COLD weather to fore, i didn't say people should not go to Canada because it is Cold, You that is in -45 degrees and still happy congratulations, You don't even know that will make you depressed?

Canadian Weather is F up, so get your senses together and it is the immigration parley that gives you some hope, tell me you will take CANADA over AUSTRALIA if the opportunities were the same , be deceiving ursef there.

vickyehi:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:13pm On Feb 21, 2020
SonofGod2000:
Please house, if one is refused under 4 weeks of visa application base on family ties and purpose of visit, can he use the initial SOA if he plans to reapply the second time immediately? That my friend was denied yesterday after the Correspondence letter Recieved

Urgent pleaseeee guys.......

Hello SonofGod2000,

A printed BS can stay valid for 3 - 4wks. Though it will be better if you do a fresh reprint before responding

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dejeez: 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2020
Good evening to everyone in the house so a quick one....do i need to fill the imm 5257 form for study permit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Annettevoke(f): 6:34pm On Feb 21, 2020
hello house, i got funding of $7500 for Msc Finance in U of S, should i be hopeful for more cos tuition and expenses is 31k. i need info from our gurus or anyone who has applied before. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MERCHANDISER: 6:35pm On Feb 21, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello MERCHANDISER,

If you are looking for scholarship, there are several requirements to be met that would make you eligible, which I believe nobody here can rightly give you the full details. Its better to contact the prospective schools you intend to attend.

However, I can point you to begin your search from Manitoba University and Memorial University. I think they offer it or something related.

All the best
God bless you.
Are you in Canada?
I would like to have your whatsapp contact for more guidiance in the course of my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:50pm On Feb 21, 2020
BossFingy:

Do I stand a better chance of getting a study visa since I was admitted on a Diploma Program in Welding(Northern College) although I graduated with a 3rd class in material and metallurgical Engineering....
1). Is it advisably to add my degree certificate during my application or i shouldn't just apply with it..or
2). should I apply with my welding training certificates (Samsung welding training certificate and PTDF welding certicates) i did while I was in school...
Please Gurus in the house i really need an advice on this..to avoid regrets..

Hello BossFingy,

It is very important to show the VO that there is a progression in either you study course or choice program. The most important thing is how you demonstrate to the VO that the choice program is a progression even if its not. This way, it is best to provide laconic expanations and analysis the importance of your program choice to your future endeavours or self-development.

The reason why its advise against going for a program that does not show progression is nothing other than to avoid the failure of being able to convincingly explain to the VO that you are a genuine student. There is so much skepticism on why would a person spend so much money on a program lower than your previous academic qualification(s). Many applicants has not been able to fully justify their reasons except maybe few. If you graduated with a 3rd class, you could also have gone for a Post Baccaleaurate Diploma or PGD/C. Either way, do well to justify the reasons for opting for Diploma and you should avoid mentioning low CGPA or poor grades.

If you know you can justify the study gap if you decide to omit your first degree certificate then you can apply with you welding certificate and WAEC. Otherwise, apply as your situation describes and use a well explanatory and convince letter to back your decisions.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by GentleBobo: 6:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
Annettevoke:
hello house, i got funding of $7500 for Msc Finance in U of S, should i be hopeful for more cos tuition and expenses is 31k. i need info from our gurus or anyone who has applied before. thanks

Hello Annettevoke

Did you apply for the funding or it's an entrance scholarship?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Francejaik(m): 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2020
sisikemi23:

J’ai postulé pour un MSc en gestion de l’action humanitaire à la faculté des sciences de l’administration.

D'ACCORD ayez la patience. Ça ira mieux.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Francejaik(m): 7:10pm On Feb 21, 2020
sisikemi23:

J’ai postulé pour un MSc en gestion de l’action humanitaire à la faculté des sciences de l’administration.

Moi, c'est Humber College. "International Development" for Fall

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 7:13pm On Feb 21, 2020
Chaniel:
Congratulations to all those approved recently.

Who has the experience of how long it takes for CIC to give feedback after responding to a Procedural Letter for proof of funds (CIC false accusation)?

Hello Chaniel,

There is no certain answer for this but if you meet the 7 days mark given to you to respond to the procedural fairness letter, you will surely hear from them. If not through a respond email to the effect, it will be an indirectly response through the update of your application (either a refusal or approval).

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 7:19pm On Feb 21, 2020
vanessa969:

Thank you very much for this reply, I didn't put my personal SOA or pay slip because i was working somewhere else and stopped in October, then I traveled and started work in my dads company in January that's why and honestly there's no money there. What i can do is to tell him to transfer some funds into my account and i would explain it in my letter. But i need to know like how much he should transfer and what the money will be for( My tuition for 2 years is $45,000 and i have paid $7,000) I also submitted the receipt for that.

Also for lack of funds, my dad has an account in Canada, there is no transaction happening but there is money inside, can i also submit that too please, would it help?

For the travel history, i will emphasis it well in my letter, before October 2019, the last time i traveled was in 2016.
For the family ties will explain that well too, no the letter from the office didn't emphasize that well. Will work on that too. I don't have any property in my name but my dad has

Hello Vanessa969,

Please do, if its at your disposal and your dad should build a strong financial and sponsorship strength with it in his letter.

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.