Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,836 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:31 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1050196 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 8:20pm On Feb 21, 2020
krishenry:
Please I will like to know if I use my church as my sponsor will I still need to show my personal statement of account

Hello Krishenry,

Irrespective of who sponsors you, as long as you ate a matured applicant and have work experience, its advised to show your personal BS.

Just some few hits to look out for and address them accordingly

1. Do well to justify why a church would want to sponsor you

2. The intended sponsorship financial commitment. It shouldn't be promissory.

3. Demonstrate previous sponsorship given to you by the church and show proof.

4. The church should be able to tell the VO what they intend to gain from the sponsorship. If there has been passed evidence of such sponsorship of her members, it should be proven and evidence attached.

P.S: I don't see a church sponsorship flying. It would be better to use a reliable individual. However, you understand your situation more and the decision boils to you.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chaniel: 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Chaniel,

There is no certain answer for this but if you meet the 7 days mark given to you to respond to the procedural fairness letter, you will surely hear from them. If not through a respond email to the effect, it will be an indirectly response through the update of your application (either a refusal or approval).

All the best

Hello JustMellow,

Thanks for the response and for your invaluable contributions here.
I recieved an acknowledgement email from CIC and an update on my account same day I sent the documents to them.

My concern and question is how long it may take to get a final feedback? Since the app is 3+ months old already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Francejaik(m): 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
Goodevening y'all.

Please, while applying for Visa; am I the one that would send the transcript or the school I attended?

Urgent reply please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sisikemi23: 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2020
Please check your mailbox

Francejaik:

Moi, c'est Humber College. "International Development" for Fall

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 8:47pm On Feb 21, 2020
Shugaar:
Please what do i do... applied this feb got rejected today bases on family ties in canada and home country, and also limited employment in my home country... I can't express how sad I'm.. I'm supposed to resume in may... please i need help

Hello Shugaar,

Sorry to hear your application was refused. Its well, just try to embrace yourself and look ahead on how to make a better application, if your intention is to reapply. You can share your application and document timeline so people here can advise you accordingly.

BTW it will be good if you request for your gcms notes

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2020
Miide2:
Quick question guys.. for someone who has been denied.. I have worked on my SOP do I need to write another LOE addressing the initial reasons I was denied?

Hello Miide2,

The bolded is a good idea.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2020
Hadedee:

I am a music producer and I got admission to study sounds and music recording..my career
I haven't had a post secondary school and I have about 6 years education Gap which I started that the reason for this is to improve on my musical skills and for more practice
I included the following documents
* admission letter
* receipt of $3,900 which the school initially asked for remaining$18k
* waec results
* uncle statement of account of #20m which good cash flow of over 200m of the 6 months statements which is that of his company, C.A.C and letters from him
* Dad as co sponsor of 1.9m with his evaluation building of 17m and affidavit of support from him
* deed of gift of land from mother and I evaluated it 2.7m
* certificate of training of keyboard and music production
* recommendation letter from church stating the role I perform in the choir department and keyboard
* statement of purpose and I even referred them to my IG account I uploaded some of my works there

Hello Hadedee,

In my own assessment, the VO wasn't sure if you have a reliable source of income which you failed to demonstrate. Get your uncle to demonstrate proper show of commitment and if possible work on the funds of your dad, then make him the principal sponsor and your uncle cosponsoring.

If the funds of your dad can't be upped, your uncle should then be the sole sponsor since he is financially sufficient and get him to show proper commitment by paying the required tuition fees demanded by the college and transfer your LE into your personal account. Then get your dad to write a letter of support that can take care of your miscellaneous expenses and flight itinerary.

Do well to properly establish a strong relationship to your uncle and proof of previous sponsorship. Also, you failed to show you have a compelling home tie, work on this area too.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by damidam(f): 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2020
Francejaik:
Goodevening y'all.

Please, while applying for Visa; am I the one that would send the transcript or the school I attended?

Urgent reply please.
Just like someone posted this morning, you do not need to submit your transcript for visa processing you only need to do so at the point of your application for admission. However you might need your transcript for your visa processing only if you need to explain some certain things about your study plan to the VO e.g to justify the unfamiliarity between your 1st degree course and your PGD/MSc proposed course. If this is the case then I think it is safe to submit your student copy of the transcript for the visa application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by governorudeh: 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2020
damidam:
Just like someone posted this morning, you do not need to submit your transcript for visa processing you only need to do so at the point of your application for admission. However you might need your transcript for your visa processing only if you need to explain some certain things about your study plan to the VO e.g to justify the unfamiliarity between your 1st degree course and your PGD/MSc proposed course. If this is the case then I think it is safe to submit your student copy of the transcript for the visa application.

Gracias
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by governorudeh: 9:25pm On Feb 21, 2020
sisikemi23:

Oui, j'ai oublié le couriel de cette compte. Donc, j'ai ouvert une nouvelle.

Alors, pouvez-vous me reécrire.

J'ai perdu d'autre accès de ma compte.

Merci.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by governorudeh: 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2020
sisikemi23:

Renvoyez ici.

Merci ma sœur.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:30pm On Feb 21, 2020
cliqtips:
Hello

I'm trying to apply for transcript, do I apply for the soft copy to be sent to my mailbox or to the school directly.

Please advise ...

cc: Frankrobbn1

Hello Cliqtips,

It has to be a professional or academic address. So, to the schools directly - yes but to your mailbox, this might not be possible.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Asapant: 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2020
March ending is somewhat far. I appreciate your response boss. May I send it to you now?

Kindly help
JustMellow:

Hello Asapant,

Been a while and sorry to hear about the outcome of your application. I pray that your reapplication should be fruitful. I won't be available to vet your letters due to some other engagements. I apologize.

BTW if March ending isn't too late, then I will be open to help out.

All the best bro

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by arebanmenjoy(f): 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
Good evening again,
gurus in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please I need your advice
I am currently filling the visa application form and I am unable to sign, and also I can not validate the form.

also the living expenses which is 10,000CAD does it include accommodation?
I would appreciate your prompt response,
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Remicynt(f): 9:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
Mr Just Mellow biko help mi answer this question.
Remicynt:
I am currently in the express entry pool, but I am seeking admission for this fall(September) I hope this doesn't disturb my study permit application when I get admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
scaezar:

So the update is.. Appparently, my cousin that i said submitted for me picked a 'NO' when asked if i have been refused a visa before. This was supposed to be a YES because i was denied a visiting visa in 2017.
Now they sent this to his mail todaY.
I believe this is a sensitive issue and i need help..
Im just hopeful that since they didnt refuse straightaway, theres still hope?
Help? Anybody?

Hello Scaezar,

Does it state that you should respond to it within 7days? If so, write a concise LOE to remorsefully response to it. If otherwise, then you might be looking at a ban here.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
Remicynt:
I am currently in the express entry pool, but I am seeking admission for this fall(September) I hope this doesn't disturb my study permit application when I get admission.

Hello Remicynt,

Being in the pool doesn't mean your application is already being processed until when the ITA drops. So, there is no harm.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
Chaniel:

Hello JustMellow,

Thanks for the response and for your invaluable contributions here.
I recieved an acknowledgement email from CIC and an update on my account same day I sent the documents to them.

My concern and question is how long it may take to get a final feedback? Since the app is 3+ months old already.

Hello Chaniel,

I am not sure when.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
Francejaik:
Goodevening y'all.

Urgent reply please.

Hello Francejaik,

You don't need a transcript to apply for your visa. However, the hardcopy you used for your admissions will suffice.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
Asapant:
March ending is somewhat far. I appreciate your response boss. May I send it to you now?

Kindly help

Hello Asapant,

Now, isn't a convenient time. As you know, vetting an SOP requires brainstorming and not something to rush through.

Thank you for understanding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2020
arebanmenjoy:
Good evening again,
gurus in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please I need your advice
I am currently filling the visa application form and I am unable to sign, and also I can not validate the form.

also the living expenses which is 10,000CAD does it include accommodation?
I would appreciate your prompt response,
Thank you

Hello Arebanmenjoy,

If its an online application, you don't need to sign. But if its a paper application, you have to print out after validating and sign with a blue ink. If you can't validate, ensure all required fields are filled and also ensure that you are using the latest version of Adobe Reader 10 or Acrobat DC or higher.

For more clarity, refer to the attached link:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=767&top=18

The 10k includes it except you have another budget layed out for that purpose.

All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:25pm On Feb 21, 2020
CornOak:

Thanks for your response JustMellow.

Attached below is my intended program, kindly check and let me know.

Thank you.

Hello CornOak,

You are good to go, but do well to enlighten the VO on your study intention and how the program is a progression to your personal reasonableness and career advancement.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by CornOak(m): 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello CornOak,

You are good to go, but do well to enlighten the VO on your study intention and how the program is a progression to your personal reasonableness and career advancement.

All the best

Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 10:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
vibrant99:
Just listen to yourself!

Do you know what is COLD? or u are typing this from Indonesia?

-45 is crazy, Does Siberia get that low? what can you possibly do in that weather? you still trek or take buses to classes or you are advised to stay back home? will you be able to find your way to the grocery store?,.... I only brought the COLD weather to fore, i didn't say people should not go to Canada because it is Cold, You that is in -45 degrees and still happy congratulations, You don't even know that will make you depressed?

Canadian Weather is F up, [b]so get your senses together [/b]and it is the immigration parley that gives you some hope, tell me you will take CANADA over AUSTRALIA if the opportunities were the same , be deceiving ursef there.

Believe it or not, Brandon does not shut down in -45 weather. If it goes up to high 40s or 50s, the high school downwards may close but rarely do the university except there is a blizzard.
When I treked, I still had to walk to the bus station in -35. It is the way of life here and those in manitoba are used to it. Depression is a mental condition which isolation may trigger but not when you have a community and you keep busy.

I hate to be rude online but I dont appreciate your tone @ bolded.

Now will I take Canada over Australia?

Yes I would. Opportunities are the same all over the world for me. I can choose to virtually live in any part of the world that has a skilled worker program or a work visa program. This is because I am PROUDLY a Registered Nurse and I could get licensed in what ever country and move over. Currently I am licensed in 2 (soon to be 3- Nigeria, USA, Canada respectively).
Most of my friends are in the UK practicing but I chose to remain in Canada.

So Vibrant99 please be more civilized in your replies.

Wishing all Visa hopefuls a good result. It would surely end in praise.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Miide2: 11:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Miide2,

The bolded is a good idea.

All the best

Thank you Justmellow but do you have an idea where I can a get a recommendation letter sample.. it’s part of the documents I want to use to tackle one of the reasons I was denied which is current employment situation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by governorudeh: 11:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Francejaik,

You don't need a transcript to apply for your visa. However, the hardcopy you used for your admissions will suffice.

All the best.

Obrigado
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 1:13am On Feb 22, 2020
vickyehi:

Believe it or not, Brandon does not shut down in -45 weather. If it goes up to high 40s or 50s, the high school downwards may close but rarely do the university except there is a blizzard.
When I treked, I still had to walk to the bus station in -35. It is the way of life here and those in manitoba are used to it. Depression is a mental condition which isolation may trigger but not when you have a community and you keep busy.

I hate to be rude online but I dont appreciate your tone @ bolded.

Now will I take Canada over Australia?

Yes I would. Opportunities are the same all over the world for me. I can choose to virtually live in any part of the world that has a skilled worker program or a work visa program. This is because I am PROUDLY a Registered Nurse and I could get licensed in what ever country and move over. Currently I am licensed in 2 (soon to be 3- Nigeria, USA, Canada respectively).
Most of my friends are in the UK practicing but I chose to remain in Canada.

So Vibrant99 please be more civilized in your replies.

Wishing all Visa hopefuls a good result. It would surely end in praise.

You are wasting your time responding to that man!

Check his past posts. I have never seen him post something positive about Canada.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cliqtips: 1:31am On Feb 22, 2020
thank you for your response..
JustMellow:

Hello Cliqtips,

It has to be a professional or academic address. So, to the schools directly - yes but to your mailbox, this might not be possible.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by arebanmenjoy(f): 6:33am On Feb 22, 2020
Thank you so much justMellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Faith243: 7:01am On Feb 22, 2020
Good morning gurus, i graduated 2018, finished Nysc June 2019, and i am currently unemployed, please how can i tackle current employment situation, i haven't submitted my application yet just learning from others.

Thank you Justmellow but do you have an idea where I can a get a recommendation letter sample.. it’s part of the documents I want to use to tackle one of the reasons I was denied which is current employment situation [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sim2003: 7:18am On Feb 22, 2020
Kindly assist me on this..I dont know what I should do next.

These are documents that I submitted in application:
1. Tuition receipt of 6,000 dollars
2. Letter from the company I work
3. Letter of Acceptance
3. My sponsor's statement of account with 11k pounds.She is my elder sister in UK
4. sponsorship letter from her, her driving license and data page of her british passport.
5.2land agreements and Survey plans of my landed properties in Nigeria.
Though I am not married but I have a son. But there is no provision for that in their Imm form so I didnt include him in the application. There are dad's properties that I am also in charge as an administrator.
I started working with a construction company after my graduation, left for an appointment with one ex governor and later went back to the construction company after the appointment.

sim2003:
I got just a refusal letter last night..
I am a site engineer with land properties in different locations. I applied for a graduate certificate course in Project management at Centennial college, I got the admission, paid for the tuition. Fast forward, I just the most shocking news that my application has just been denied. Please, I need help because I want to reapply because the program starts in May.

See below the reasons

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.