Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,582 members, 7,934,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1074961 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kellymaria: 11:15am On Mar 11, 2020
Obehi44:

Since it’s an MSc, have you got grants? How much is it?
Please check and respond and I am sure you will get help in response from people here.

No grant
The 12m is $45000Cad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Christianah01: 11:20am On Mar 11, 2020
I just got admitted to Cambrian college for September. Please anyone too with same college admission should please link up.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by legionnaire(m): 11:45am On Mar 11, 2020
cuteesthy:
don't knw abt Durham college but Algonquin doesn't ask for it

Thanks cuteesthy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ibuchim101(m): 11:49am On Mar 11, 2020
mcobex:
Home tie and personal asset is what they are concerned about. What program did you apply for? UG or Post? If post, is it related to your previous course?
PG diploma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 11:51am On Mar 11, 2020
dyce101:

1. She applied for BSc sociology
2. She obtained BSc in international relations
You have a BSc and you want to go for another BSc?
Please go and read up pages on this tread for all the answers you seek are here. Let me not start writing and start sounding like one guru.

Regarding using your Benin degree, my opinion is that I don’t think there is anything wrong with that because I have seen people who schooled in Ghana and Benin who got admission and visa.

I wish you luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 11, 2020
Kindly indicate that she studied in Benin.
Do not hide anything

If shes applying for the same programme that she has studied before, you better list it in both the admission and visa application but support it with a strong motivation letter or SOP.

Else she could be banned for not declaring this in her visa application if caught
dyce101:
Please my wife is applying for a degree at Manitoba university and she don’t want to indicate she has schooled in Benin republic course we don’t know if they will deny her admission

They sent this to her mail

Please gurus what should we do, should we tell them she didn’t attend any post secondary institution

Or send them the details of the school in Benin republic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 11, 2020
You have insufficient proof of funds

Do not gamble with the visa application
See if you have increase the funds or find a grant or scholarship or something to support your application

Kellymaria:
Hi Nairaland family. Kudos to everyone on this trend, the gurus, the beneficiary of this trend and those coming behind like myself. I have read this tread tread for weeks and I have been richly equipped. However, I have a question to ask, I sincerely asked everyone to please contribute.

I have gotten an estimate of cost from my school.
Tuition and living expenses for one year is $34,300CAD

SO, I Have a sponsor, my mother, a business woman with CAC documents and others.
Her statement of account 9m
Myself I am working over the last 7months full time, and I have 3m in my account.

I want to ask everyone who has been in my shoes, is my financial outlook sufficient to merit a study permit. I'm going for msc program, 2 years.

The financial figure i have available to present is $45,000. Sponsor mum, no other dependent.

What do you guys think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 11, 2020
Using your cousin's account is a red flag unless you can explain very well with your SOP why your cousin is sponsoring you over your husband.

I will advise you get a loan to add to what your husband has than use your cousins
isabeatrice:
[Bitrix)Please gurus in the house, I have been offered pgd admission to study Autism and Behavioral Science for fall 2020 at fanshawe college. My first semester tuition has been paid but am faced with sponsorship account. My hubby's account is not enough for sponsorship so I intend using my cousin's account. Please I need advice on this, will I stand a better chance using my cousin's account? Please I need an answer to this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 11, 2020
Word of Advise to Everyone,
Please always ensure that your finance or proof of funds is solid or sufficient before even starting your university application not talk more of visa.

Canadians do not joke with this proof of finance thing and that is why most people are denied.
If you don't have money to show, just wait until you can save up or loan or find a strong sponsor with strong reasons to support you.

Don't rush and pay tuition deposit when your finance or sponsorship is not strong. You might end up losing that deposit or bit of it when you don't get visa.

Just an Advise smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2020
Kellymaria:

No grant
The 12m is $45000Cad
Well, on the normal this amount it’s supposed to be okay.

If I have to break it down the explanation will be too long for me to type.

But see some factors you should look into as well are; VO’s concentrations are mostly on the sponsor. They want to see at least 1yr tuition and 1yr LE + flight and others. They also frown at emptying the sponsor’s account and then questions like if they have others to care for. But that can also be eliminated if they see a good money inflows (Salary or business) in the sponsor’s SOA.
Then on your own part, as an adult going for MSc and if you have study gap, they also expect that you have some funds too. And that will eliminate personal assets and financial status.

All I am trying to say is that, the money should be enough but those VO’s are something else. So if you can up the sponsor SOA, please do.
I wish you luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2020
mikeerrr:
Using your cousin's account is a red flag unless you can explain very well with your SOP why your cousin is sponsoring you over your husband.

I will advise you get a loan to add to what your husband has than use your cousins

But can she use her elder brother?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by CEDANV: 12:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
Hi,
Good day

We are working on establishing a travel agency in Nigeria, we have registered the company with CAC.
And also we would like to get IATA accredited to enable us sell ticket for the airline companies,

Following the little research I have made on the requirement to get IATA accredited, stating 30M
paid off share capital as one of the requirement.

Please someone please advise this 30m paid off capital, what it really means, and how to go about it.
Again like we newly registered our travel agency with CAC which is not up to one year, hope it will
not stop us from getting IATA once we have all the required documents?

Thanks, waiting to get a reply with the complete information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2020
You are in the wrong thread

CEDANV:
Hi,
Good day

We are working on establishing a travel agency in Nigeria, we have registered the company with CAC.
And also we would like to get IATA accredited to enable us sell ticket for the airline companies,

Following the little research I have made on the requirement to get IATA accredited, stating 30M
paid off share capital as one of the requirement.

Please someone please advise this 30m paid off capital, what it really means, and how to go about it.
Again like we newly registered our travel agency with CAC which is not up to one year, hope it will
not stop us from getting IATA once we have all the required documents?

Thanks, waiting to get a reply with the complete information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 2:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
Obehi44:

But can she use her elder brother?

@mikeerrr I didn’t get your response/opinion on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 11, 2020
YES but she needs to prove why her brother will be willing to sponsor her in her SOP.

It is all about how you explain it

Brother is better though than the other option
Obehi44:

@mikeerrr I didn’t get your response/opinion on this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Markab: 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2020
Wow...Your is even longer than mine. Could you please let me know once your counterfoil is updated. Not sure why they are taking so long to update.

Thanks,
nochyks87:

Yes I believe there's a delay in passport stamping these days cos I submitted mine since Feb 10th and no update. So believe it's a general issue and not specific.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by peaceful22: 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
I'm you guys senior colleague.... angry grin grin, submitted since 31 January.
Markab:
Wow...Your is even longer than mine. Could you please let me know once your counterfoil is updated. Not sure why they are taking so long to update.

Thanks,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nochyks87: 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
mikeerrr:

Using your cousin is not a red Flag in my opinion. This is because on one on this thread has been or is in the minds of a visa officer. I have been through over 1000 pages of this threads. In my reading, I even saw a guy who used a total stranger's account statement and he was approved. Just establish a connection to your cousin and give reasons for his or her sponsorship. In My case, ppl said using a third-party sponsor is a red Flag but I still went ahead to use my brother-in-law and I got approved. Just do what your heart tells you. My opinion

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staymotivated40: 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
Please help me out

please

Hello everyone , how do I go about booking an appointment in other to apply for study visa.

I was at the VFS center yesterday and I was told I’ve to book an appointment before I can do anything.

Please how do I go about it ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nochyks87: 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
peaceful22:

LOL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by RealJaneDoe: 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2020
hi everyone. I have a 2.1 in physiology. do you think I'll be accepted into a fast track nursing program in canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by badfuckerz(m): 4:24pm On Mar 11, 2020
hello everyone pls i have a sister who have 3rd classin biology edu but she is trying to apply for certification course in canada on premedical then she can from there get pr and apply for mbbs .
cc justwise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Markab: 4:26pm On Mar 11, 2020
What! You don't mean it. Don't these guys know we need our passports for something else?
peaceful22:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staymotivated40: 4:29pm On Mar 11, 2020
Please help me out

Hello everyone , how do I go about booking an appointment in other to apply for study visa.

I was at the VFS center yesterday and I was told I’ve to book an appointment before I can do anything.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
Ibuchim101:

PG diploma
If it is related to your previous course then you have to work on your SOP and make it more convincing to the vo. Try to address hometie, purpose of visit (why you choose to study the said course in Canada and not in Nigeria), ...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2020
Please please please can someone please take a look at my SOP. I’m tired abeg. This is my second application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chigrad: 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2020
Good evening all,
Please I need your advise
For a first time applicant, Is LOE needed or just SOP? A I read LOE is needed for returning applicants.

SCENARIO
• Company A- An international Labour Supplier like an HR company that provides and manages workers to different companies
• Company B-Is the company assigned to from company A to render services to.
If LOE is not needed how or where does an applicant explain/ mention the following,

1--Employed by company A (Labour supplier) and assigned to work company B
2-Salary is paid by the 2 companies as per company arrangement. (Company A pays 70% while company B pays 30%, to make total of complete salary which is mentioned in the employment letter of company A).Both provide payslips.

3-Where should letter of introduction be gotten from? Company A or Company B. Direct Manager AND supervisor from Company B is accessible to provide letter.

Lastly, please who/how should the SOP be addressed ?To who?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ptoall1000: 6:25pm On Mar 11, 2020
I am applying for Masters in University of Saskatchewan.
I was told to send these docs to schools@careerabroad.ca

Hii welcome to Career Abroad
Would you be able to send us your documents listed below at email students@careerabroad.ca
1 passport
2 ilets
3 bachelor certificate
4 backlogs
5 10th and 12th certificate
6 experience letter
Thank you

.what is an experience letter pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sirkay360: 7:14pm On Mar 11, 2020
I don't think u are applying directly to University of Saskatchewan..

ptoall1000:
I am applying for Masters in University of Saskatchewan.
I was told to send these docs to schools@careerabroad.ca

Hii welcome to Career Abroad
Would you be able to send us your documents listed below at email students@careerabroad.ca
1 passport
2 ilets
3 bachelor certificate
4 backlogs
5 10th and 12th certificate
6 experience letter
Thank you

.what is an experience letter pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staymotivated40: 7:25pm On Mar 11, 2020

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pseermuhel(m): 7:28pm On Mar 11, 2020
Good evening guys,

Please I need your advice.

I submitted my application January 20 (Paper route)

Medical passed - January 27

Since then I've not received any feedback from the visa center.

Hope there is no problem with my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staymotivated40: 7:33pm On Mar 11, 2020
Pseermuhel:
Good evening guys,

Please I need your advice.

I submitted my application January 20 (Paper route)

Medical passed - January 27

Since then I've not received any feedback from the visa center.

Hope there is no problem with my application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (644)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.