Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,340 members, 7,881,249 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:10 PM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (25854 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by faithin9ja: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2010
@Cap28 your views are too simplistic. By God's grace Nigeria will not turn into Somalia, Congo, Mexico, Sierra Leone, we have had our Civil War and because ironically because of oil  - we will never have a another civil war.

IBB, OBJ, Yar'adua, GEJ, Odili, Ibori, MEND are all the same. They all want the same thing money from themselves and their cronies. There are no Hausa people in government house in Asaba, Yenagoa or Port Harcourt, but how have the people in Ozoro, Olomoro, Ogoni benefited from from Aso Rock or State Government house or even from any MEND activity.

I am from Niger Delta

let some one give me an example of how the boys in the creeks have helped their communities apart from buying fine cars for themselves and exhorting money from honest businesses in Warri or Port Harcourt.

I see you and other N/landers having this romantic view of MEND and violent struggle. Show me one militant has built even a publice bore hole talk less of any development with all their money from bunkering, government and oil company settlement, etc.

Do you have any idea the millions dished out by NDDC, Niger Delta ministry, state governments, etc but where is the development for the masses?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by cap28: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2010
faithin9ja:

@Cap28 your views are too simplistic. By God's grace Nigeria will not turn into Somalia, Congo, Mexico, Sierra Leone, we have had our Civil War and because ironically because of oil  - we will never have a another civil war.

IBB, OBJ, Yar'adua, GEJ, Odili, Ibori, MEND are all the same. They all want the same thing money from themselves and their cronies. There are no Hausa people in government house in Asaba, Yenagoa or Port Harcourt, but how have the people in Ozoro, Olomoro, Ogoni benefited from from Aso Rock or State Government house or even from any MEND activity.

I am from Niger Delta

let some one give me an example of how the boys in the creeks have helped their communities apart from buying fine cars for themselves and exhorting money from honest businesses in Warri or Port Harcourt.

I see you and other N/landers having this romantic view of MEND and violent struggle. Show me one militant has built even a publice bore hole talk less of any development with all their money from bunkering, government and oil company settlement, etc.

Do you have any idea the millions dished out by NDDC, Niger Delta ministry, state governments, etc but where is the development for the masses?

You say my views are simplistic and then you say we have had a war "IRONICALLY" over oil, what is ironic about the fact that the biafran war was over oil.  Can you not see that it is precisely because of oil that the biafran war was fought - there is nothing ironic about that.   Nigeria is held together forcefully BECAUSE OF OIL , the northerners HATE southerners particularly the igbos, however their love for stealing what does not belogn to them TRANSCENDS THEIR HATRED.  As a result they are more than happy to continue to hold that artificial country they call nigeria together in order to keep r.aping the southerners and their natural resources into the ground.

I dont know what God's grace has got to do with common sense, before you mention countries like Somalia you better go and research their histories, please do not make blanket statements that you do not understand, the war being fought in Somalia is also over OIL if you dont know, Somalia is sitting on top of billions of dollars worth of oil reserves and Somalia's former dictator promised Exxon Mobil, Chevron and other foreign oil companies bilions of dollars in oil concessions in that country PROVIDED they could end ongoing conflicts between various warlords and other factions fighting for overall control.

You say there are no hausa people in asaba, yenagoa and bayelsa state govt houses, that is true, but would the likes of ibori, jonathan and co have got to where they are now without the support and finance given to them by the hausa fulani oligarchy?  Who do you think are the ultimate king makers in nigerian politics? the hausa fulani or the igbo, yoruba, itsekiri or efik people?

There is a pyramid of power in nigeria and the hausa fulani are at the top, they dictate who sits in govt house in bayelsa state or abia state, the likes of oji uzo kalu, ibori, etc are  southern traitors or  houseboys, these are rented political prost.titutes. who have been co-opted to sell out their own people .  OBJ is also a very good example.  Could OBJ get near the presidency without the support of the hausa fulani oligarchy?

You better wake up and understand who the real power brokers in nigeria are.

Those southern traitors have been rented by the northerners to rule as proxies, it is a sophisticated form of colonialism - the only difference is the colonialists are now black.

If i have to chose between MEND and nigerian gangster leaders  I will choose MEND anyday because the nigerian gangster leader's plan for nigerians is endless indebtedness to foreign financial institutions, mass poverty, mass unemployment, and economic collapse of the entire country.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by lekanbar(m): 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2010
They said it and they did it, where were the special secret agents?? Na wah oo,

http:///SpYZ
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by faithin9ja: 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2010
@Cap28 if Nigeria did not have oil, today we would be a fractioned none-nation like Somalia & Afghanistan. We are together because the powers that be and (don't kid yourself the king makers in Nigeria cut across all ethnic groups), these powers need Nigeria to be one.

the Abuja bombing is a warning to IBB, etc not to mess with GEJ.

But we as Nigerians ( I mean 90% of individual Nigerians) will do as bad as Abacha, IBB, OBJ, Ibori, Odili if we ever get to power. I pointed out the behaviour of so-called Militants because I know the havoc they wrecked on my business in Warri - are these the people you want to see in power?

My friend you say you would rather chose MEND over our corrupt politicians, My friend there is  NO choice they are one and the same. the govt knows MEND as MEND knows the govt.

Nigerians grow up, who are we fighting for? the corrupt police man, the corrupt immigration officer, the customs man, NEPA staff, lecherous university lecturers, stealing bankers (at every level) - which one of these people will do a better job then the thieves we currently have in power. The average Nigerian prays to either be in power or for his brother to be in power so they too will have their turn-  in other words steal.

what keeps us together? the belief that one day it will be my turn and I will have my share of the National cake ie oil.

So stop romanticising about conspiracy theories and violence being the solution to our problem, if your really what to help get the real masses on the streets, the truck pushers, farmers, fishermen, taxi drivers, primary (notice primary school) teachers, let whoever leads this country give these people jobs, health care and electricity - our people do not ask for much.

By the way I am from Warri, personally have met the boys in the creeks, I know many politicians personally, I have met them sharing money in London - believe me it is simple but not simple.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by edoyad(m): 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2010
@faithin9ja that's a nice piece you have there, revealing too i should add. Going round the 36 states in Nigeria suggests to me that only people from Lagos should rule this country, not like they don't have their problems too but atleast they appear to have a vision.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nsiman(m): 3:33pm On Oct 02, 2010
@ cap28, u reason as an inexperienced lad. What makes the hausa-fulani be what u think they are the king makers, Can't u recall that ibb was using the southern military officers in his peace keeping, how many of them ever came back with life in all peace keeping nigeria embarked during the ibb and co military regime? How many generals do the south have, have u ever ask urself if federal xter is not applied in recruitment of the military in nigeria that the south dn't have generals like the north? If u wish to knw hausa-fulani's antics, get close to good ones and they will tell u. Look mend's act is condemnable as its a wrong approach but u shldn't sell ur birth right like essau.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sonyvaio(f): 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2010
Why can't we the Niger deltans just hold a referendum like civilized people all over the EU do, or like Montenegro did to leave Serbia or as Southern Sudan is about to do in January so we can determine our own future and manage our resources. angry
After all one one of our own is now president , it should not be  difficult. undecided
This Jonathan Good Badluck self they fall my hand!
angry angry angry
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by edoyad(m): 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2010
I used to be an advocate of the "break Nigeria up" theory, but having being enlightened i know it is in the best interest of all to remain one for the time being. Apart from economic reasons, which is of course the strongest point, security wise it would be a risk considering our neighbours.
The shear size of the Nigerian market and the proximity of the people to each other makes Nigeria potentially the next country to experience a China like economic growth(if our shtty leaders can get their acts right).
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2010
@cap28, God will bless you, some people are still in dreamland, just cos they can afford to eat three square meals and post on the internet, and are sentimental because of their friends in the various divide.
The begining of were the center can no longer hold has already started, the status quo can no longer continue, this is what happens when the government and elites of the land ignores the masses and continue disenfranchising  it,s citizens, end result is what we are seeing today.
It is no longer a question of north and south. quote me today the boko haram will perform their own very soon. this is a state of total disconnect btw the government elites and the people. it is getting very difficult daily as we speak for the northern elites to convince their followers that they are not to blame for their poverty and misfortunes, and since there is little or no security, militants will emerge everywhere.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by justwise(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2010
df2006:

@cap28, God will bless you, some people are still in dreamland, just cos they can afford to eat three square meals and post on the internet, and are sentimental because of their friends in the various divide. the begining of were the center can no longer hold has already started, the status quo can no longer continue, this is what happens when the government and elites of the land ignores the masses and continue disenfranchising it,s citizens, end result is what we are seeing today. it is no longer a question of north and south. quote me today the boko haram will perform their own very soon. this is a state of total disconnect btw the government elites and the people, it is getting very difficult daily as we speak for the northern elites to convince their followers that they are not to blame for their poverty and misfortunes, and since there is little or no security, militants will emerge everywhere.

So as the bombing keep going off in North, South and East Nigeria problem will be solved? How many of you supporting this can afford personal security? Well, now the politicians can waste the money more on THEIR own personal security while the poor get poorer. Problem solved?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by faithin9ja: 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2010
@edoyad, well said ,   many people like @cap28 really believe there is a cabal of Northerners who get together with some foreigners to decide how to ruin Nigeria. as the late Gani said the poorest Nigerians are Northerners but most Southerners justify this inequality in wealth in the North on religious beliefs and the giving of 'sara' at Jumat prayers.

Despite the so-called development in Ghana the size of the economy means more foreign direct investment still comes to Nigeria despite all our problems, why? because we have a great market size and oil wealth.

We are a great nation because we have millions of Nigerians

We need the country to remain one so Igbo traders will sell spare parts in Kano, so Hausa men will rent rooms in Aba and sell meat, so Yoruba men will drive taxi in Port Harcourt and Kano. Those of us who are old enough to remember after the civil war, Benin people said Igbo will  never come to Benin again, hmmmmm

the political class in Nigeria cuts across so called federal character, like I said before no Hausa cabal made Ibori NOT develop Delta state. Why can Fashola do good things in Lagos and not the governor of Zamfara. What are the local government chairmen doing in our local government areas and we are blowing up cars and innocents in Abuja,

blowing up cars !!!! that's our path to development?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2010
justwise:

So as the bombing keep going off in North, South and East Nigeria problem will be solved? How many of you supporting this can afford personal security? Well, now the politicians can waste the money more on THEIR own personal security while the poor get poorer. Problem solved?

no what it means is that if the government has any form of common sense at all, they will as soon as possible begin to do the right thing, convey a sovereign national conference where the whole of nigerians for once, decide what they want in their country, true federalism is practiced were justice equity and  fairness is assured of all nigerians, you can not continue in deceit and expect peace in the land.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by nduchucks: 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2010
edoyad:

I used to be an advocate of the "break Nigeria up" theory, but having being enlightened i know it is in the best interest of all to remain one for the time being. Apart from economic reasons, which is of course the strongest point, security wise it would be a risk considering our neighbours.
The shear size of the Nigerian market and the proximity of the people to each other makes Nigeria potentially the next country to experience a China like economic growth(if our sh�tty leaders can get their acts right).

Good to know that a 'non northerner' like you is now seeing the light - welcome home.  For us to experience the China-like economic growth you mentioned, we need to wipe MEND and its sympathisers out. This terrorist group enjoyed pity from most Nigerians until they started killing innocent people. We need to seek the urgent assistance of our allies including trhe USA, UK, China, to help us in executing an immediate millitary solution to the MEND problem.

We need drones and heat seeking missiles to smoke the terrorists out of their camps.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by justwise(m): 4:52pm On Oct 02, 2010
df2006:

no what it means is that if the government has any form of common sense at all, they will as soon as possible begin to do the right thing, convey a sovereign national conference where the whole of nigerians for once, decide what they want in their country, true federalism is practiced were justice equity and  fairness is assured of all nigerians, you can not continue in deceit and expect peace in the land.    

Really? Do you really believe that? You are having a nightmare not a dream. Wait and see how much the politicians will spend on personal security now or even bribe MEND(as they did b4) and me and you will still be counting 1naira, 2naira etc. I asked b4: How many of those politicians stealing OUR money died on that bombing yesterday? NON!!!!!!!!!!! Get real please.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by faithin9ja: 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2010
@df2006 I don't know anyone personally who died in the bomb blasts B[b]UT I respect every human life[/b]. I have been a thug in my past life, I have personally injured and maimed other people children, my friends have been shot at firing squad in Benin. As such I know the futlilty of violence. It easy for all of us tapping away at keyboards to say we need more bombs, but until bombs start to kill your own children, and those planting the bombs don't care a jot for you,then you will know the futility of your quest for blood.

Do you think if and when MEND leaders (and they are already being settled) get their share of the national cake, they will now give you a contract, give you your share -  then you need to wake up!!!!
how much have they given to their local communities, Shell and Chevron paid out millions of dollars for their kidnapped staff two years ago, where is that money?

old boy face reality, face your business, that what I learnt to do.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Good to know that a 'non northerner' like you is now seeing the light - welcome home.  For us to experience the China-like economic growth you mentioned, we need to wipe MEND and its sympathisers out. This terrorist group enjoyed pity from most Nigerians until they started killing innocent people. We need to seek the urgent assistance of our allies including trhe USA, UK, China, to help us in executing an immediate millitary solution to the MEND problem.

We need drones and heat seeking missiles to smoke the terrorists out of their camps.

and the boko haram abi? yes go ahead and cut off the problem without addressing the source of the problem.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2010
df2006:

and the boko haram abi? yes go ahead and cut off the problem without addressing the source of the problem.

you assume these fools can actually reason without blowing hot air?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by faithin9ja: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2010
@df2006 true federalism ko! true federalism ni ! how many toilets have local government chairman built in their primary schools under their care? My friend start at the grassroot - individual Nigerian

Local Government Chairman, drives around in big Prado, has driver, cook, etc, sends his children to the most expensive private school, what has he done for his local government. We all know people who left UK or US to take local government political post, why? to help the people or feather their own nest. from that small local government money they maintain their family in London.

so you tell me if we so-call devolve power is not to these same people?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ow11(m): 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2010
@faithin9ja

You are sounding like you know what is going on BUT you can't tell the young men Late Soboma George paid school fees for and the women he paid for shops for that he is greedy. Many ex-MEND militants have sympathisers in their neighbourhood because they did provide for their immediate communities. Your argument should be they didn't do enough.

@ndu_chuks

Whilst we are using heat seeking missiles to smoke out MEND, we also need same to smoke out Boko Haram and proper investigation into the various religious riots in the north and punish the murderers.

All Nigerians have a lot in common and can live in harmony if we unpack our things and build this nation together. We have the resources (Human and Natural) to build a viable country where muslims in the north can practice Islam and shari'a without causing any harm to southerners and southerners in return respecting the sensitivities of Islam to work well with them.

Back to the issue at hand, I am quite happy that people have realised that ex-generals are NOT the solution to our problem. Whoever wins in 2011 should be wholly supported to drag us out of this mess. We cannot continue to blame our problems on ethnicity. Individuals should be held responsible for their actions and breaking up is not a solution either.

MEND leaders should be arrested for this act and any accomplice should be invited for questioning.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2010
faithin9ja:

It easy for all of us tapping away at keyboards to say[b] we need more bombs,but until bombs start to kill your own children, and those planting the bombs don't care a jot for you,then you will know the futility of your quest for blood[/b].

pls go tru my post there has been no where i have advocated for violence, i only have shown you the out come of the failings of all the government combined who have ruled this great country right from 1960 till date, do you think any young man who has a meaningful job will agree to go and plant bomb,

faithin9ja:

Do you think if and when MEND leaders (and they are already being settled) get their share of the national cake, they will now give you a contract, give you your share -  then you need to wake up!!!!

my brother it is not a question of sharing national cake, MEND is the end result of the various wrongs that we have failed to right in our country, any body who is looking at mend as the source of the problem is failing to look at the big picture, where was mend 10 years ago? boko haram is around the corner, do you think if you remove these groups it is all over? a more gigantic head will grow up in it,s place, as long as the status quo remains, in other words watch out for more groups from the south east middle belt and so on and so forth.

faithin9ja:

old boy face reality, face your business, that what I learnt to do.

those who were cut down yesterday were all minding their business facing reality. my friend this is beyond me and you, we are leaving in a time bomb, it might be you or me tmorro.  do the maths.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bidemi12(m): 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2010
faithin9ja:

@Cap28 if Nigeria did not have oil, today we would be a fractioned none-nation like Somalia & Afghanistan. We are together because the powers that be and (don't kid yourself the king makers in Nigeria cut across all ethnic groups), these powers need Nigeria to be one.

the Abuja bombing is a warning to IBB, etc not to mess with GEJ.

But we as Nigerians ( I mean 90% of individual Nigerians) will do as bad as Abacha, IBB, OBJ, Ibori, Odili if we ever get to power. I pointed out the behaviour of so-called Militants because I know the havoc they wrecked on my business in Warri - are these the people you want to see in power?

My friend you say you would rather chose MEND over our corrupt politicians, My friend there is  NO choice they are one and the same. the govt knows MEND as MEND knows the govt.

Nigerians grow up, who are we fighting for? the corrupt police man, the corrupt immigration officer, the customs man, NEPA staff, lecherous university lecturers, stealing bankers (at every level) - which one of these people will do a better job then the thieves we currently have in power. The average Nigerian prays to either be in power or for his brother to be in power so they too will have their turn-  in other words steal.

what keeps us together? the belief that one day it will be my turn and I will have my share of the National cake ie oil.

So stop romanticising about conspiracy theories and violence being the solution to our problem, if your really what to help get the real masses on the streets, the truck pushers, farmers, fishermen, taxi drivers, primary (notice primary school) teachers, let whoever leads this country give these people jobs, health care and electricity - our people do not ask for much.

By the way I am from Warri, personally have met the boys in the creeks, I know many politicians personally, I have met them sharing money in London - believe me it is simple but not simple.
i scanned and scanned the all the posts so far on this topic, yes all 23 pages, looking for any contribution from two of the most useless contributors on NL, TENSOR77 and ZIGA, on their views of this latest development from nigeria. shame no gree them contribute. This is what happens when people decide to ignore problems in any society. It comes back to bite you in the arse. Those basterds in abuja prefer to celebrate with our billions instead of reflecting on the state of the nation. much as i detest this new development, it will help to jar those basterds back to the reality on ground that all the fanfare will not distract nigerians from the truth. We are becoming a failed state. That the only people interested in the continued unification of the country are either looting the country blind, have business interests in the country or dont just know what the hell is going on. The sooner we face facts and consider the total overhaul of all institutions in Nigeria then war might be a viable and foreseable option in the near future. And dont say it is not possible. The signs are already manifesting.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nsiman(m): 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2010
@ faithin9ja, since the outcry of non performance by the southerners is too loud, what has the central govt done about it, has any president or head of state call any state governor to come and render account because of the outcry, and seeing and verifying projects to avoid past admin's project being name to the present admin as is happening in some states. Anyway nigerians needs to embibe political culture rather than being apolitical resulting to sycophancy
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by faithin9ja: 7:09pm On Oct 02, 2010
@Nsiman we have a Federal system, it might not work perfectly but it is a Federal system which means no governor is answerable to the president. A president cannot call a governor to order (only within the party structure) or in extreme cases of civil unrest - I believe OBJ did this in Plateau (which was probably unconstitutional), so to answer your question no, the President cannot call a governor to order, only the electorate every 4 years can get rid of a governor or the state house of assembly through impeachment.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by rhymz(m): 7:12pm On Oct 02, 2010
Caps
I see U re schooling most these kids on the imperatives of taking a bold step for change. The American society is a perfect example of the point the likes of U and I are making. . . Until the African Americans decided to take their own destiny into their hands especially after the Rosa Park incidence that awakened every black American to their plight. . . Even where we had Marthin Luther God king, there was Malcom X who represented the combative aspect of the struggle. . . Today, the younger generation are ripping the benefits of such a bold step to freedom, it is even argued that Abraham Lincoln was forced into glory giving the circumstances that led to the abolition of slavery. . .all these did not come through wishful thinking and talking just intelligently- action and violence brought these victories-if Nigerians realy want a change, they will have to change the way we demand for our rights from these rogues. Unfortunately, not everyone we live to see this change, some innocent lives will be lost in the process that is a guanrateed fact, the best that can be done is to reduce it to a bearest minimum but it is inevitable.
The way I see the action of the MEND is from a survivor viewpoint, a very strong message has been passed to the rogues, unfortunately, there is no casualty-free method for passing it across, in an ideal world may be but in reality, I am thinking but you were warned to stay away. Cruel may be but in comparison to what these rogues are making us do, it is fair game.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ziga: 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2010
bidemi12:

i scanned and scanned the all the posts so far on this topic, yes all 23 pages, looking for any contribution from two of the most useless contributors on NL, TENSOR77 and ZIGA, on their views of this latest development from nigeria. shame no gree them contribute. This is what happens when people decide to ignore problems in any society. It comes back to bite you in the arse. Those basterds in abuja prefer to celebrate with our billions instead of reflecting on the state of the nation. much as i detest this new development, it will help to jar those basterds back to the reality on ground that all the fanfare will not distract nigerians from the truth. We are becoming a failed state. That the only people interested in the continued unification of the country are either looting the country blind, have business interests in the country or dont just know what the hell is going on. The sooner we face facts and consider the total overhaul of all institutions in Nigeria then war might be a viable and foreseable option in the near future. And dont say it is not possible. The signs are already manifesting.

You are a complete ignoramus for calling me out. the fact that i don't speak doesn't mean i have nothing to say. A lot of people have said exactly what i would have said already.

You were against celebrating our independence, so i believe you are happy about the bomb attack.

A lot of people here have said.it. the problem with Nigeria is us. Everybody can point fingers but like someone just posted. 90% of the people accusing will go into government and do no better than even Abacha. Most Nigerians are arrogant and un-accommodating. Why can't we "live and let live" That same arrogance is displayed in everything that comes out of Mr. Bidemi's mouth.

So, please keep my name out of your mouth. Shiorrrrr.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bidemi12(m): 7:25pm On Oct 02, 2010
rhymz:

Caps
I see U re schooling most these kids on the imperatives of taking a bold step for change. The American society is a perfect example of the point the likes of U and I are making. . . Until the African Americans decided to take their own destiny into their hands especially after the Rosa Park incidence that awakened every black American to their plight. . . Even where we had Marthin Luther God king, there was Malcom X who represented the combative aspect of the struggle. . . Today, the younger generation are ripping the benefits of such a bold step to freedom, it is even argued that Abraham Lincoln was forced into glory giving the circumstances that led to the abolition of slavery. . .all these did not come through wishful thinking and talking just intelligently- action and violence brought these victories-if Nigerians realy want a change, they will have to change the way we demand for our rights from these rogues. Unfortunately, not everyone we live to see this change, some innocent lives will be lost in the process that is a guanrateed fact, the best that can be done is to reduce it to a bearest minimum but it is inevitable.
The way I see the action of the MEND is from a survivor viewpoint, a very strong message has been passed to the rogues, unfortunately, there is no casualty-free method for passing it across, in an ideal world may be but in reality, I am thinking but you were warned to stay away. Cruel may be but in comparison to what these rogues are making us do, it is fair game.

Do you know why Nigeria will remain the way it is? Because Nigerians are cowards. And selfish, I might add. Fight ko fight ni…everybody is too scared for his or her life.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bidemi12(m): 7:29pm On Oct 02, 2010
ziga:

You are a complete ignoramus for calling me out. the fact that i don't speak doesn't mean i have nothing to say. A lot of people have said exactly what i would have said already.

You were against celebrating our independence, so i believe you are happy about the bomb attack.

A lot of people here have said.it. the problem with Nigeria is us. Everybody can point fingers but like someone just posted. 90% of the people accusing will go into government and do no better than even Abacha. Most Nigerians are arrogant and un-accommodating. Why can't we "live and let live" That same arrogance is displayed in everything that comes out of Mr. Bidemi's mouth.

So, please keep my name out of your mouth. Shiorrrrr.
Useless fool, when you will never face facts. Do you see what happens when fools like you ignore core issues? it comes back to bite you in the arse like I earlier said. People are angry and morons like you are celebrating. Fool.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ziga: 7:35pm On Oct 02, 2010
bidemi12:

Useless fool, when you will never face facts. Do you see what happens when fools like you ignore core issues? it comes back to bite you in the arse like I earlier said. People are angry and morons like you are celebrating. Fool.

Mr Ediot.

My opinions are mine, and i don't understand why you should take it personally. Useless terrorist.

You are advocating violence from behind your computer screen. I'm sure the closest you have been to a weapon is when you are playing on ur playstation. Atoole osi. You better go cry to your mama and stop with your whining.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Mobinga: 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2010
As Usual
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bidemi12(m): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2010
ziga:

Mr Ediot.

My opinions are mine, and i don't understand why you should take it personally. Useless terrorist.

You are advocating violence from behind your computer screen. I'm sure the closest you have been to a weapon is when you are playing on your playstation. Atoole osi. You better go cry to your mama and stop with your whining.

I was waiting for that. My guy, I have fought in two wars. In afghanistan and Iraq. I fought in it because it was worth it for me and my family. It guaranteed my children and wife’s future. Educationaly, financialy and healthwise. Even if I had died, their future would still have been guaranteed. It was worth risking my life for. What guarantee is there that things would change if I fought and died for Nigeria? I have been to places and done things you can only close your eyes, cross your fingers and wish for. when i see the change in the mentality of nigerians and the willingness to fight i will do same. Not before. for now, with people like you in it, it is not worth it.slowpoke
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ziga: 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2010
bidemi12:

I was waiting for that. My guy, I have fought in two wars. In afghanistan and Iraq. I fought in it because it was worth it for me and my family. It guaranteed my children and wife’s future. Educationaly, financialy and healthwise. Even if I had died, their future would still have been guaranteed. It was worth risking my life for. What guarantee is there that things would change if I fought and died for Nigeria? I have been to places and done things you can only close your eyes, cross your fingers and wish for. when i see the change in the mentality of nigerians and the willingness to fight i will do same. Not before. for now, with people like you in it, it is not worth it.slowpoke

Congratulations Mr. American.

Then shut up, because you really don't have anything at stake in Nigeria.

You have no love for Nigeria, you seem to be really bitter that you had to go fight for another country to become accepted there. And the smelly things coming from your mouth will not be in the interest of a lot of Nigerians.

Enu dun rofo.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bidemi12(m): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2010
ziga:

Congratulations Mr. American.

Then shut up, because you really don't have anything at stake in Nigeria.

You have no love for Nigeria, you seem to be really bitter that you had to go fight for another country to become accepted there. And the smelly things coming from your mouth will not be in the interest of a lot of Nigerians.

Enu dun rofo.

Ode. Adie fun fun ti o mor are re lagba. Go and celebrate and continue celebrating till your doom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Amina Ali, Chibok Girl Rescued, Now A Mother Of One / PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released / We Are Far From True Democracy - LP Calls For Cancellation Of Guber & HOA Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.