Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,373 members, 7,881,342 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:17 PM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (25855 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2010
Africans do not understand peace. They only understand violence.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2010
bidemi12:

Okay, lets find out. with the situation on ground, would you trust the igbos if you were yoruba or vice versa. or trust the yoruba and igbo if you were hausa. that is what we have come to my friend. we need to to break away as a federation for sanity to be restored. so mend, fighting for themsleves is only the begining of the direction we must take as a nation because our leaders are exploiting this federalist ideology for personal gain

looking at nigeria as it is today, in the event that it breaks i see for distinct units

the north, which will promptly disintegrate into rabid religious fundamentalism

the east (ndigbo) you can alreday see what is going on there right now - criminals are running things - it will become

the nd - freed from nigeria, rather than come together, the various factions f mend will fall to fighting among themselves for supremacy

odua - who have no immediate issues

thats what your policy wonks would call destabilization in the region
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ziga: 6:57pm On Oct 03, 2010
bidemi12:

Who cares if MEND is doing it for Nigeria or themselves? The point is they are doing something. Will you fight for them? It would be nice for all to come together in one voice to fight for the same cause but good luck with that happening. We as human beings are inherently selfish anyway. Left to you come 2020 with the status quo beign the same, we will still be celebrating another 10 years of failure. At what point do you take action? And o yes!! I am fascinated with you. I am always fascinated with retards on NL and Nigeria In general. I am still trying to decipher how people like you exist. It is a scientific project for me now and I must get to the bottom of it. slowpoke

I understand your problem, and i sympathize with you.

I will tolerate the stench that has been dropping from your mouth up until you get your brain transplant. I heard you are now next on the transplant list.

But i promise not to be so nice afterwards. . . you hear. Pele.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Avalani(m): 2:19am On Oct 04, 2010
@ziga and the other cowardly morons: kindly shut up, your brain cannot comprehend the issues being discussed so it will be best if you just pretend to listen. goats give birth to goats and cowards are no different.

@cap28 and those who understand what a revolution is and its significance: never stop speaking against that which is wrong. our numbers will continue to grow.

People (I refrain from using "Nigerians"wink are so afraid of the possibilities of the future that they accept the injustice of the present.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ziga: 6:25am On Oct 04, 2010
Avalani:

@ziga and the other cowardly morons: kindly shut up, your brain cannot comprehend the issues being discussed so it will be best if you just pretend to listen. goats give birth to goats and cowards are no different.

@cap28 and those who understand what a revolution is and its significance: never stop speaking against that which is wrong. our numbers will continue to grow.

People (I refrain from using "Nigerians"wink are so afraid of the possibilities of the future that they accept the injustice of the present.

And i should shut up because your royal foolishness is about to talk. Arrogant, and foolish bushman.

People like you are the problem we have in Nigeria. In your own little world, you believe that you are the only thing that matters.

Lol. This is the typical Naija big man mentality. . . It is your types that we need to flush out of government. If our leaders had a quarter of a listening ear, our situation wouldn't be like this.

On a faceless forum. ooooh. i quiver in fear, because the keyboard warrior is here. Abeg, go do your shakara for your girlfriend. No be today. Lol.

BTW, i know this is a cowardly clone of one of my old friends.  wink
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bidemi12(m): 7:37am On Oct 04, 2010
@ZIGA,

listen woman. why would you not be afraid of a revolution? anything that would disturb your daily beer-parlour hoping must be discouraged abi? like avalani said we shall band together and force you to face reality. beer will not solve your problems. facing the truth will. and dont worry about being a coward, you can overcome it with time. i could give you a few pointers on facing your fears and overcoming it. i have the t-shirt to prove it.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ziga: 10:46am On Oct 04, 2010
bidemi12:

@ZIGA,

listen woman. why would you not be afraid of a revolution? anything that would disturb your daily beer-parlour hoping must be discouraged abi? like avalani said we shall band together and force you to face reality. beer will not solve your problems. facing the truth will. and dont worry about being a coward, you can overcome it with time. i could give you a few pointers on facing your fears and overcoming it. i have the t-shirt to prove it.

Mr. American,

Are you so blind to the truth.

The problem with Nigeria is people like you.

Lets say we have a revolution, headed by almighty Iraq/Afghan warrior - you.

And then, the new Nigeria will be headed by another selfish, arrogant, deaf-to-the people person like you. Back to square one.

Every coup, every election we've had so far was a chance for a revolution. How many cycles have we had, and now you want the same thing to happen all over again, and you want Nigerians to believe the result will be different. It will just be power changing hands, promises not kept. You need some lessons in logic.

What we need is power for the people to control whoever the leader is. And when the common people are politically divided, that power will never come.

You have absolutely no idea what it takes to be a leader. So stop singing this your revolution music.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tkb417(m): 10:57am On Oct 04, 2010
whats revolution?

come down to Nigeria and start your revolution. stop hitting your keypads wherever u are

whats stopping ya from starting oh ye internet commandos

i laff in hausa

nonsense. U berra throw away your history books and start speaking like a sane person

Revolution ko, equalizer 2000 ni grin grin
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by hakanai(m): 11:23am On Oct 04, 2010
whether GEJ,IBB or MEND,i don't care! stop the accusation and get us answers.I mean lets hang someone,cos this will continue until a clear response is shown.what next?you just showed boko haram the way to Abuja embarassed cry
Naija is full of crap and foul talk.Derailing the issue of insecurity and raising flemsy excuses solves nothing.GEJ is a bigger buffon for all i care.If you are in power and authority as far as Nigeria is concerned is your fault.You think it is an issue of attending declarations and inviting sycophants to round tables to ensure you that the country is well and you"re doing just great.Aleast now you know.You simply have no freaking excuse. shocked
IBB is not ruling it is you GEJ!while addressing the press over the issue you sound more tribalistic than sympathetic.so GEJ,if you are presido of ND origin then they have no reason to do this and if its North,west,others etc then its okay.they are disappointing, because you are from the ND.As President of Nigeria.you should be thinking Nigeria is under attack from within you pervert. angry
leaders must learn to take responsibility and change.Better still learn to improve.while they scounder 10 billion no one vet for street surveilance(camera) to ensure monitoring.I am touched.who the heck is in-charge of security.
About the ex-militants visiting victims,if i had mine affected there or i was there,i would be slaping someone for using my situation to promote or campaign with my condition.Let the hospital work and while you go find the criminals you've always wine and dine with that did this and save patients the infectious bad breath and stuffiness from FG previous visits.Atleast you couldn't prevent it or update your bros GEJ even while he keeps denying MEND's involvment and they keep insisting,what nonsense! undecided
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tkb417(m): 11:51am On Oct 04, 2010
About the ex-militants visiting victims,if i had mine affected there or i was there,i would be slaping someone for using my situation to promote or campaign with my condition.Let the hospital work and while you go find the criminals you've always wine and dine with that did this and save patients the infectious bad breath and stuffiness from FG previous visits.Atleast you couldn't prevent it or update your bros GEJ even while he keeps denying MEND's involvment and they keep insisting,what nonsense
u dey mind them
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by xterra2(m): 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2010
So um Jonathan said it is not mend, but If it is not MEND then How did MEND know of the attacks that they gave a warning even saying stay away from Cars and bins ,

You cannot exonerate MEND ,if it is not them they Knew so there are accomplice to the crime

Either way MEND has a hand in this

But i do think he wont do anything "concrete" as if he does it may make him unpopular certainly not what he wants when he is running for an election

ha
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by faithin9ja: 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2010
Where are all those nairalanders advocating violence? all them who were applauding the bomb attack on 1st of Oct - Respectable posters were saying don't condone violence as we don't know the agenda of those perpetrating this violence, you guys started throwing around swear words and calling rational people cowards.

You are quiet now.

I said in a earlier - post you will die for nothing - cap28 decided to try on lecture me on the Chinese Cultural Revolution and the murderous regime of Mao TesTung, which by the way took China backward, it was Deng in 1988 that boosted China

MEND, Boko Haram, GEJ, IBB and other person or group is not worth dying for
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bidemi12(m): 11:47pm On Oct 04, 2010
faithin9ja:

Where are all those nairalanders advocating violence? all them who were applauding the bomb attack on 1st of Oct - Respectable posters were saying don't condone violence as we don't know the agenda of those perpetrating this violence, you guys started throwing around swear words and calling rational people cowards.

You are quiet now.

I said in a earlier - post you will die for nothing - cap28 decided to try on lecture me on the Chinese Cultural Revolution and the murderous regime of Mao TesTung, which by the way took China backward, it was Deng in 1988 that boosted China

Do you agree freedom is worth dying for?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by faithin9ja: 12:02am On Oct 05, 2010
@bidemi12 Freedom is worth dying for but the current crop of groups in Nigeria, none of them are freedom fighters, we are all just cheap 'rent-a-crowd' participants, and to make matters worse we don't even know who is renting us, currently it's MEND, Boko Haram, IBB camp, GEJ camp, Atiku camp, etc

Sorry most placard carrying Nigerians in any riot, carrying green leaves, call any of them aside and offer them money - they will stop the riot and follow you. it's only a question of how much , not any ideology, not any freedom fight, we as a people we are not conditioned for that, even the people in Jos accepted money to start their riots.

Forget violence, there are better ways to effect change in Nigeria
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bidemi12(m): 12:09am On Oct 05, 2010
faithin9ja:

@bidemi12 Freedom is worth dying for but the current crop of groups in Nigeria, none of them are freedom fighters, we are all just cheap 'rent-a-crowd' participants, and to make matters worse we don't even know who is renting us, currently it's MEND, Boko Haram, IBB camp, GEJ camp, Atiku camp, etc

Sorry most placard carrying Nigerians in any riot, carrying green leaves, call any of them aside and offer them money - they will stop the riot and follow you. it's only a question of how much , not any ideology, not any freedom fight, we as a people we are not conditioned for that, even the people in Jos accepted money to start their riots.

Forget violence, there are better ways to effect change in Nigeria

So where do we start from? In order to attain freedom from this oppression, i mean.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by faithin9ja: 12:22am On Oct 05, 2010
@bidemi12 in my previous posts I have suggested we start at the local grassroots. Every local taxpayer deserves to know what his or her local government chairman is doing with their local tax money. Most if us on nairaland don't even know who our local government chairman is?

Market women, okada riders, petty traders, these guys pay all sort of levies to local government everyday, they have a right to gather themselves, march to the LG head office and put forward their demands. The demands should be for simple achievable things like fix pot holes on a local road, clear the rubbish from a market, set up clinic for okada riders that have accidents. Believe me the levies these LG's collect is heavily misused whilst we all have our eyes on Abuja.

Honestly dropping bombs in Abuja is not going to bring 24 hour light or fix Lagos - Benin expressway, somebody will die, maybe even a head of State and another thief will take over, 'an eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sholalutas(m): 1:32am On Oct 05, 2010
We make all differences of designers cloth unisex without no disappointment

Atibo
Senate
Native
Wedding Garment
jackets
Breast shut
Iro ati Buba

You can contact us @ Shop 3 okaka road near okaka transformer Yenagoa Bayelsa State
Or call : 08034899799 Our wish is our command
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bidemi12(m): 1:38am On Oct 05, 2010
faithin9ja:

@bidemi12 in my previous posts I have suggested we start at the local grassroots. Every local taxpayer deserves to know what his or her local government chairman is doing with their local tax money. Most if us on nairaland don't even know who our local government chairman is?

Market women, okada riders, petty traders, these guys pay all sort of levies to local government everyday, they have a right to gather themselves, march to the LG head office and put forward their demands. The demands should be for simple achievable things like fix pot holes on a local road, clear the rubbish from a market, set up clinic for okada riders that have accidents. Believe me the levies these LG's collect is heavily misused whilst we all have our eyes on Abuja.

Honestly dropping bombs in Abuja is not going to bring 24 hour light or fix Lagos - Benin expressway, somebody will die, maybe even a head of State and another thief will take over, 'an eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.

Are you serious? You are talking as if your vote counts in Nigeria. What is the weapon the American citizen has over govt? his vote. The govt knows if they do not do right by them they will definitely be voted out in the next elections. If the local taxpayer in Nigeria demands to know how his taxes are being used and he is rebuffed what will happen? Absolutely nothing. the police authorities are ineffective, votes don’t count. what other means do you realistically foresee will force govt to sit up and listen? When the british were oppressing the Americans before their independence the Americans did not carry placards or depend on votes because they had none, just like us now. Do you know how they became free? With brute force. A lot of lives were lost and even when they got their freedom they still had to fight again to get it right. It took a few men to take up the initiative for all this to happen. I am not saying mend is fighting for Nigeria but the ideology has been planted that maybe brute force is what we need. Think about it, if you were a known looter would you feel confident flaunting your wealth whey you know that you might be taken out by a bomb one day or a sniper. I doubt it.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by cap28: 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2010
faithin9ja:

You are quiet now.

You talk as if the nigerian gangster leaders do not perpetrate violence themselves , why does the nigerian govt spend millions of dollars on arms? Are we at war with anyone?  The US and Britain are nigeria's highest arms suppliers.  Since the 1970's the US and Britain has increased its supply of military aid to nigeria - why?  I will tell you why it is because the west want to ensure that these criminals perpetuate themselves in power by having the best military trained troops and equipment to protect them that money can buy. 

Many nigerian officers were trained at sandhurst - an elite military academy in the UK, this is where many of them are groomed and taught how to terrorise their own people, the long term goal being that the west can rule through them indirectly just like in the old days when the british colonial officers used the local chiefs to oppress and exploit their own people - colonialism through the back door. 

This is the reason the US and Britain provide military aid and training to client states like nigeria, congo, egypt etc
Violence and intimidation is what has kept these gangsters in power since 1960 so why are you talking as if violence is a new thing in nigeria.

Im sure you are aware of how nigerian soldiers rampaged through the niger delta killing civilians indiscriminately, was that not violence?

Our main enemy in nigeria today are nigerian gangster leaders working hand in hand with foreign powers such as the US and Britain to destroy nigeria and ensure we remain an economic basket case forever.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Brytsoul: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2010
Of those talking revolution, how many of them have heard the sound of a bullet pass over their heads?

How many have heard the sound of a grenade explode?(not in James Bond movie oh, )

Seen bodies shattered by bullets and bombs, ?

Seen children running in fear to no where in particular,

Seen fathers and mothers abandoning their children as they run to save their lives

ABEG, PRAY FOR PEACE NOT CRISIS OH, ! There will be no law and order nor soldiers to come quell any fight oh, IT'S BROUHAHA ALL THE WAY,

Besides,are those of you talking revolution ready to stand and risk your lives.? Like Russians did supporting Yeltsin during a failed coup, ? Knowing Naija people,everyone would expect his neighbour to go out and die while hiding in the comfort of his house.GBAM.!MENDS de find thier DOLLARS others de use them for POLITICAL reasons.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by faithin9ja: 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Cap28 you don't even know who the enemy is. The Nigerian military is amongst the most poorly equipped and trained, why? because millions of dollars allocated to military and security budget is languishing in Swiss bank accounts of politicians and politician-soldiers. The Nigerian military can only use it's strength to attack Nigerian citizens like Odi.
Forget all those conspiracy theories from US and Europe, actually the biggest suppliers to Nigeria and Africa is now China and Russia. These people sell weapons to anyone with money like drug dealers.

My point is the philosophy of violence does not work in Africa or Nigeria in particular, all it does is create hundreds of groups killing each other- 72 hours ago you were saying MEND had the right idea, now we don't even know who planted the bomb and for what reason. You think if we kill IBB or GEJ the new people taking over will be any better? Bidem26  was suggesting that if some people are killed new people will be scared, how many heads of state of Nigeria have been killed? has it changed anything? After the bloody civil war in Liberia, who took over?

This is a fantasy that violence will change anything, same mentality that we use to keep beating our children to discipline them, all the armed robbers, kidnappers, corrupt politicians - all them were kneeling down to greet their parents, showing respect when young, were beaten when they misbehaved - are they not the worst people now?

No one has come to this forum to name his or her local government chairman that has neglected your local road instead you want to plant bomb - na so e easy?

You want to carry gun.

Do the easy one first, go and accuse your local government chairman after all are they not all thieves. You think the stealing is only in Abuja?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Brytsoul: 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2010
No one has come to this forum to name his or her local government chairman that has neglected your local road instead you want to plant bomb - na so e easy?

You want to carry gun.

Do the easy one first, go and accuse your local government chairman after all are they not all thieves. You think the stealing is only in Abuja?

[quote][/quote]
SIMPLE AS THIS,
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by thameamead(f): 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2010
It was reported on Al-Jazeeal that the British Security Services knew about the planned attack and warned the likes of our former Prime Minister Gordon Brown and other policians to stay away, its un clear if the British Security Services warned the Nigerian government, i doubt they did, if they did not inform the Equatorial Quinea that Simon Mann and the likes of Elli Cally were planning to over throw their governement a couple of years ago, why would they inform the Nigerian governement this time.  

Mr Goodluck is claiming the attacks were carried out by a terriost group based outside Nigeria, i have a feel whoever was behind the attack is bn helped by the chinese, i have no vidence to back up my claim but the chinese seem to be in all oil African nations pretending to help them build schools and hospital inexchange for minerals
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by rhymz(m): 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2010
Raymond Dokpesi
By SaharaReporters, New York
The State Security Service (SSS)
today detained Raymond
Dokpesi, the campaign
manager of former dictator
Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida,
over the bomb blasts that
rocked Abuja, Nigeria’s capital,
on Friday, October 1.
Mr. Dokpesi’s detention comes
as South African authorities
today charged Henry Okah, the
exiled leader of the Movement
for the Emancipation of the
Niger Delta (MEND), with
plotting the attacks that marred
Nigeria’s 50th Independence
anniversary.
Dokpesi’s arrest and Okah’s
arraignment signify an
escalation of tensions between
Nigeria ’s ruler, Goodluck
Jonathan, and Mr. Babangida.
The two events also raise
questions about the nature of
the information that the
Jonathan administration has
concerning relations between
Mr. Okah and aides of the
former dictator.
Last week, Mr. Jonathan had
declared that MEND was not
responsible for the bomb blasts,
blaming them on an unnamed
terrorist group.
“It seems as if the government
is now implying that the blasts
were a joint effort between
MEND and the Babangida
camp, ” said a civil society
activist in Abuja. He asked, “If
President Jonathan believes
that MEND did not execute the
assaults, then why did his
government pressure South
Africa to arrest Okah ?” He
added, “If the MEND leader or
some faction of MEND is now
working for Babangida, then
Jonathan ’s campaign to emerge
the PDP flag bearer would
seem to be troubled. ”
Saharareporters has also
learned that the Nigerian
government invoked all
diplomatic and economic
threats against South Africa in
order to force the South African
authorities to arrest Mr. Okah
and charge him for terrorism
offences relating to the death
of more than 25 Nigerians in
the October 1st explosions.
“ President Jonathan threatened
to nationalize MTN if the South
African government failed to
pick up Henry Okah, ” a senior
government official in Abuja
told our correspondent.
Saharareporters had broken the
news about the early morning
raid on Okah ’s Johannesburg
home last Wednesday. A source
told us that the South African
police did not find any
incriminating evidence during
their search.
Nigerian security officials now
claim they have arrested nine
people who are directly linked
to Mr. Okah.
In a rare press release obtained
by Saharareporters, the SSS
claimed that Mr. Okah and
several others had planned to
explode car bombs in Abuja on
September 29 2010, but that
Nigeria’s intelligence officials
had foiled the attacks by
towing away two abandoned
vehicles from areas near the
Eagle Square venue of the
Independence Day
anniversary. The press release,
riddled with grammatical errors,
appears to have been hastily
written. It does not explain how
or if the security agency found
any explosive devices in the
towed vehicles.
The SSS merely blamed the
attacks on Mr. Okah and
unnamed individuals described
as his sponsors.
However, a top security official
told Saharareporters today that
the office of the National
Security Adviser claimed that
they had intercepted some 400
phone calls from Mr. Okah
made to several individuals
including Mr. Dokpesi, the
proprietor of Africa
Independent Television (AIT).
Also an SSS source further
disclosed that they have
obtained text messages
between Dokpesi and some of
the suspects in their custody,
some of the messages were
sent to Mr. Dokpesi requesting
payments and some arranging
meetings between the suspects
and Babangida.
Mr. Dokpesi recently accepted
an offer to be Babangida ’s
campaign director. His detention
by the SSS confirms widespread
speculation that the Nigerian
authorities are linking the
bombing to Mr. Babangida
Statement by the State
Security Service (SSS)signed by
SSS spokesperson, Marilyn
Ogar :
Gentlemen of the press: The
despicable act of terrorism
which eventually took place on
1st Oct, 2010 was planned for
Wednesday 29 September,
2010 but was foiled as soon as
the information was received
during the early hours of 28
Sept, 2010. The overriding
objective of the group was to
scare foreign visitors from
attending the 50th Anniversary
celebration on 1st October
Their Operational Plan
On Tuesday 28 September
2010 about 0130hrs,
information was received that
the three arms zone was to be
bombed and 6 vehicles had
already been prepared for the
purpose. Consequently, the
Service contacted the military,
which provided three towing
trucks, which were added to
that of the Service and
immediately joint operations
commenced.
During the operations that
lasted from 0215hrs to 0630hrs
of the same date, a total of
nine abandoned vehicles were
towed away. Of these, 2 were
near the SSS headquarters, 2
facing the Villa gate and the
National Assembly, 2 close to
the Police headquarters, one at
the Eagle Square and 2 around
Apo Legislative quarters - They
were all towed away.
Subsequently, the FRSC and VIO
were co-opted into the
operations, to move around the
FCT towing away abandoned
vehicles. These efforts which
lasted till the morning of 1st
October, 2010 saw 65
abandoned vehicles removed.
It is worthy of not that out of
the 7 vehicles removed from
the 3 arms zone, 4 are yet to
be collected.
When the Plan A of the group
was foiled, they resorted to the
penetration of the Eagle Square
in an attempt to plant
explosive devices. However,
the Service deployed hi-tech
equipment in around the Eagle
Square and jammed the
detonation of any of such
explosives.
On 1st Oct, 2010, the Eagle
Square and its environs were
effectively cordoned off and
appropriate measures were put
in place by the joint efforts of
all security and law
enforcement agencies to
prevent any untoward incident.
However, the rain showers of
that morning provided the
leeway for double-parking by
motorists. In the process the
perpetrators apparently gained
access to park on the roadside
as well.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by cap28: 5:09pm On Oct 05, 2010
faithin9ja:

@Cap28 you don't even know who the enemy is. The Nigerian military is amongst the most poorly equipped and trained, why? because millions of dollars allocated to military and security budget is languishing in Swiss bank accounts of politicians and politician-soldiers. The Nigerian military can only use it's strength to attack Nigerian citizens like Odi.
Forget all those conspiracy theories from US and Europe, actually the biggest suppliers to Nigeria and Africa is now China and Russia. These people sell weapons to anyone with money like drug dealers.

the nigerian military is well equipped to brutalise, maim and murder its own people, i agree that it isnt equipped to defend itself from external attack but thats precisely what the western powers want

My point is the philosophy of violence does not work in Africa or Nigeria in particular, all it does is create hundreds of groups killing each other- 72 hours ago you were saying MEND had the right idea, now we don't even know who planted the bomb and for what reason. You think if we kill IBB or GEJ the new people taking over will be any better? Bidem26  was suggesting that if some people are killed new people will be scared, how many heads of state of Nigeria have been killed? has it changed anything? After the bloody civil war in Liberia, who took over?

a violent overthrow can work in nigeria if it is done in an organised way with unity of purpose, if the average nigerian can rise above tribalism and come together to face our real enemy - the nigerian elite,  then it can work.

Nigeria can never progress until all these old recycled bastards are removed from the system once and for all, it will be very easy to deal with their friends and cronies as well, just throw all of them in jail and give them llfe sentences - once you do that you will be sending out a clear message to any other potential crooks - steal and spend the rest of your natural life behind bars, you will see how quickly people will fall into line.

these local govt chairmen are not the root of the problem they are merely components in a much bigger operation, if you get rid of the crooks at the top - the corrupt ones further down the food chain will fall into line and for the ones who choose to carry on stealing they will be faced with spending the rest of their natural life behind bars, beleive me when they start seeing their colleagues being given 50 and 60 year sentences for corruption a change will come over them.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by faithin9ja: 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Cap28, I don't know why I keep responding to you, perhaps because I remember when I thought exactly as you did many years ago, now maybe just maybe am older and little bit wiser. Young man you need to get real and throw your conspiracy theories out of the window;

Western powers don't care a jot about Nigeria or for matter Africa, apart from a few natural resources we have nothing to offer them. The whole of Africa including South Africa has less than 5% of the world GDP. Multinationals with the exception of extractive industries such oil, gas, mining have very little interest in investing in Africa or Nigeria. Give an example of how small we are; London population 8million has over 20 Sheraton Hotels, Lagos population 15 million 1 Sheraton. The money even Japan (with a non aggression policy) spends on Military is probably half of the whole of Nigeria's national budget.
The current rulers of Britain and America are in their 40's and early 50's they have no recollection of colonial mentality, what's important to them is Europe, US, China, India. Did you know there are over 500,000 US businesses in China. If Nigeria was so important how many foreign western investments do we have excluding oil and gas extraction. If we are so important to them why is it that only Lebanese,Indian and a few South Africans are prepared to invest here?

Violent Overthrow
Leave that matter, this is talk of execution, 40 & 50 year jail sentences is the talk of dictators and fascist societies. Stalin, Hitler, Mao Tes Tung, Bokassa, Idi Amin killed millions with those views, in particular Stalin and Mao Tes Tung killed between them in excess of 50 million people. China and Russia still have widespread corruption despite decades of blood letting. Try and buy a phone from alibaba.com and see Chinese 419. People who carry out this blood letting are worse than the people they took over from. Read your history on the French Revolution and the 'terror' and Robespierre.

Amongst the so-called people who will bell the cat? who are the 'elite' where do you draw the line. Compared to a farmer in Otan Aiyibaju, Osun state, Ashaka in Delta or outside Katsina, you my friend are part of the 'elite' you with your internet access (less than 10% of Nigerians have internet access - elite). When the revolution comes you and me will be killed by the masses after all am sure somebody in your family if not you yourself owns car - elite.

Grassroots
Local government chairmen are part of the solution, the very devolved government we are asking for starts with them. Why is Fashola perceived as better governor than Orji Kalu? Aren't they both in power at the same time we have the rogues in Aso Rock but one governor appears to perform better than the other.

If after all I have tried to dissuade you from the violent option you insist this is the only way, well I will have no option but to sell you the weapons you will need. So when you are ready with your money I will supply you, please drop your email addy (as you guys call it) - please don't go unprepared, before they gun you down when you haven't even started.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by cap28: 8:39pm On Oct 05, 2010
faithin9ja:

@Cap28, I don't know why I keep responding to you, perhaps because I remember when I thought exactly as you did many years ago, now maybe just maybe am older and little bit wiser. Young man you need to get real and throw your conspiracy theories out of the window;

Western powers don't care a jot about Nigeria or for matter Africa, apart from a few natural resources we have nothing to offer them. The whole of Africa including South Africa has less than 5% of the world GDP. Multinationals with the exception of extractive industries such oil, gas, mining have very little interest in investing in Africa or Nigeria. Give an example of how small we are; London population 8million has over 20 Sheraton Hotels, Lagos population 15 million 1 Sheraton. The money even Japan (with a non aggression policy) spends on Military is probably half of the whole of Nigeria's national budget.

I wouldnt call america's investment in nigeria small
are you aware that america imports  17% of its crude oil from nigeria?  are you also aware that by 2015 that proportion is likely to increase to 30%?

If africa was of such little importance to the west why did  britain, germany, holland and italy invade, colonise and annexe africa in the 19th century?  Also can you  explain to me what the berlin conference of 1885 was about and while you are at it can you tell me why the british went to war with the dutch over south africa (the boer war)?  Soon  you will tell me the british settled in Zimbabwe (formerly Rhodesia) and Kenya  just for the fun of it and the same with south africa, oh what about aparthied - what was all that about then, its either you have a very dim view of history or you are in total and utter denial.

The current rulers of Britain and America are in their 40's and early 50's they have no recollection of colonial mentality, what's important to them is Europe, US, China, India. Did you know there are over 500,000 US businesses in China. If Nigeria was so important how many foreign western investments do we have excluding oil and gas extraction. If we are so important to them why is it that only Lebanese,Indian and a few South Africans are prepared to invest here?

You are so misguided in your thinking!!!  Britain and america are capitalist countries, they built their wealth on  african slave labour.  Their view of africa has remained the same - a source of cheap raw materials and labour.  they are very much interested in investing in nigeria but only on their own terms, when the west talk about creating an economic environment favourable to foreign direct investment what do you think they mean?  what they mean is they will only invest on their own terms, which means that they will come in and reorganise your economic system so that its set up in such a way that they are guaranteed limitless profit at the expense of the indigenous people,  go to indonesia, thailand and haiti and you will see how american multinationals have set up sweat shops there where many workers earn as little as 15 cents an hour to make cheap manufactured goods (Haiti) - their modus operandi is always the same  - they decide to invest in your country on the condition that you sell off all your govt services, devlaue your currency and abolish tarriffs whilst this benefits their own businesses it leads to a collapse in local businesses, this in turn creates high unemployment.  IN the end indigenous workers end up working for these big multinationals for a pittance aand the multinationals are the only ones who benefit from this (as well as the nigerian leaders who have taken kickbacks for awarding them the contracts).

The fact that the current leaders of britain and america  are in their 40's and early 50's does not mean that the rules of the game have changed.  It has always been about making profit - at any cost.  Also britain and america are largely run and controlled by owners of big corporations - as a matter of fact these corporations dictate and control govt policy in those countries.  So it doesnt really matter who is in power - the rules remain the same and the game remains the same.  Britain and american leaders dance to the tune of the corporations like shell, cocacola, chevron, exxon mobil et al they go where they can make money and that is usually a place where you have human rights abuse, corrupt govt officials, non existent labour unions and  non existent rule of law  - like nigeria.

The likes of Cameron, Blair and Brown are very much aware of what their forefathers did in order to make britain what it is today and they are proud of that legacy.  To say that they dont care about colonialism is untrue.   If they dont care about colonialism and its legacy why do the current western financial institutions like the IMF and the world bank continue to impoverish the african people by imposing economic policies on african countries which seek to destroy their economies rather than develop them?

Violent Overthrow

Leave that matter, this is talk of execution, 40 & 50 year jail sentences is the talk of dictators and fascist societies. Stalin, Hitler, Mao Tes Tung, Bokassa, Idi Amin killed millions with those views, in particular Stalin and Mao Tes Tung killed between them in excess of 50 million people. China and Russia still have widespread corruption despite decades of blood letting. Try and buy a phone from alibaba.com and see Chinese 419. People who carry out this blood letting are worse than the people they took over from. Read your history on the French Revolution and the 'terror' and Robespierre.

Really? And what sort of govt do you think the likes of IBB. OBJ and Abacha were running?

are you aware of the fact that you are living in a police state?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by faithin9ja: 9:07pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Cap28 Now you see why violence is not the answer? I am a capitalist, you sound like a socialist, by the time we both look for change in the country through violence, both of you & I will kill the so-called elite (I see you didn't address that in your reply) but anyway we take over power, we get rid of corruption, then what? me and you fight each other because I am a capitalist, I want a free market, I want to encourage investment and foreign trade, you other hand appear to be a socialist, you probably believe in government or state control of industry (bring back NITEL I hear you cheer).

so we have different ideologies, that's no bad thing but how do we settle our differences, we are now used to violence, so we go to what we know best we start killing each other.

How does that help the country?

Remember this thread starting as whether we cheer the bombers in Abuja or not, you if I recall correctly said type of action is good, I say it isn't. But unlike civilised countries we would likely to settle our differences through the barrel of gun, rather than ballot box, people power or civil disobedience (which is how apartheid in South Africa and Segregation in the Southern US States ended).

PS
I said western investment in Africa is extractive industries oil & gas, mining.You have supported that with your own stats. Real FDI is when foreign investors build houses, hotels, factories, telecoms in another country because they can make a profit, by they same token develop the country they are located and give jobs, apart from Lebanese and Indians do you see any new foreign factory or business in Nigeria apart from OIL & GAS? We have an inflated opinion of Nigeria. Even our African brother Obama didn't think it necessary to visit Nigeria
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bidemi12(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2010
faithin9ja:

@Cap28 Now you see why violence is not the answer? I am a capitalist, you sound like a socialist, by the time we both look for change in the country through violence, both of you & I will kill the so-called elite (I see you didn't address that in your reply) but anyway we take over power, we get rid of corruption, then what? me and you fight each other because I am a capitalist, I want a free market, I want to encourage investment and foreign trade, you other hand appear to be a socialist, you probably believe in government or state control of industry (bring back NITEL I hear you cheer).

so we have different ideologies, that's no bad thing but how do we settle our differences, we are now used to violence, so we go to what we know best we start killing each other.

How does that help the country?

Remember this thread starting as whether we cheer the bombers in Abuja or not, you if I recall correctly said type of action is good, I say it isn't. But unlike civilised countries we would likely to settle our differences through the barrel of gun, rather than ballot box, people power or civil disobedience (which is how apartheid in South Africa and Segregation in the Southern US States ended).

PS
I said western investment in Africa is extractive industries oil & gas, mining.You have supported that with your own stats. Real FDI is when foreign investors build houses, hotels, factories, telecoms in another country because they can make a profit, by they same token develop the country they are located and give jobs, apart from Lebanese and Indians do you see any new foreign factory or business in Nigeria apart from OIL & GAS? We have an inflated opinion of Nigeria. Even our African brother Obama didn't think it necessary to visit Nigeria

With all you have postulated so far you have not itemized what to do when Nigerians confront their local government chairmen as you say and demand how their taxes are spent. Please remember that the realities on ground is that you will most likely be sent back or worse still beaten up by thugs for being nosey. And when you report the situation to the police they will look the other way because the chairman is a ‘’big man’’. The only weapon left to you is your vote, but guess what? Your vote doesn’t count. You have been citing some great countries so far; china, US, france, etc, but you forget that these countries went through the same problems we are facing right now (bad leadership), and guess how they began to solve it? BRUTE FORCE. Let me not go too far. Lets use Liberia as an example. They had the same problem and fought it out. Now they are at peace and anybody who might have the notion to take them for a ride would think twice before attempting it. Some countries are blessed with great leadership from the onset and do not have to fight it out and some have to.  Let me use another example, Ghana. In accra Ghana there is a beach near a hill and on that hill are stakes still there that were used for firing squads (they took out all the old farts in government that were holding them to ransom). They are still visible to all as a reminder to anybody who might want to take them for a ride again.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by faithin9ja: 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2010
@bidemi12 where in Ghana? Labadi beach? this a military shooting range not a macabre monument to slain politicians, see how you peddle your false information, why don't you go and live in Liberia if it's such a good place after their bloody civil war. see human beings walking around with no hands or arms or blinded, ordinary people, not politicians and corrupt civil servants, but ordinary suffering masses tortured by militia whether so-called government or rebel.

if this is your prayer for the country good luck to you. But by God's grace my village and my children will never see the horror you seem to love as a cure.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bidemi12(m): 10:29pm On Oct 05, 2010
faithin9ja:

@bidemi12 where in Ghana? Labadi beach? this a military shooting range not a macabre monument to slain politicians, see how you peddle your false information, why don't you go and live in Liberia if it's such a good place after their bloody civil war. see human beings walking around with no hands or arms or blinded, ordinary people, not politicians and corrupt civil servants, but ordinary suffering masses tortured by militia whether so-called government or rebel.

if this is your prayer for the country good luck to you. But by God's grace my village and my children will never see the horror you seem to love as a cure.

you still do not get it? the people you are demanding accountability from are ignoring you. The law that is supposed to protect you is being used to oppress you and your vote, which is your greatest weapon, has been taken away from you. I repeat AGAIN, you still have not stated how you will get them to listen. I don't know why you are ignoring this question. HOW? and please dont bring placards into this. remember we live in a police state. YOU ARE IGNORING THE CORE ISSUE.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by faithin9ja: 10:35pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Bidemi12 Mr Man I have sad in previous post I do not have the answers, I have suggested one way, but you say you dey fear police. OK have it your way buy guns and bombs and start your armed revolution. If want to buy weapons I can help you there.

Obviously you are right , we must go and kill, call me when you are ready, I will follow you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki's 53rd Birthday Party And Cake / Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage / Reno Omokri Tweets Patriotic9jaboy's Comment About Him On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.