Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,868 members, 7,889,906 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:43 AM

Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled (3239 Views)

This Android Phones Come With 12GB RAM / Avoid This Android Phones With Malware Pre-installed In Them. / These Android Phones Has The Top Gigantic Battery Capacity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
The devices are as follows: Leagoo M5, Leagoo M5 Plus, Leagoo M5 Edge, Leagoo M8, Leagoo M8 Pro, Leagoo Z5C, Leagoo T1 Plus, Leagoo Z3C, Leagoo Z1C, Leagoo M9, ARK Benefit M8, Zopo Speed 7 Plus, UHANS A101, Doogee X5 Max, Doogee X5 Max Pro, Doogee Shoot 1, Doogee Shoot 2, Tecno W2, Homtom HT16, Umi London, Kiano Elegance 5.1, iLife Fivo Lite, Mito A39, Vertex Impress InTouch 4G, Vertex Impress Genius, myPhone Hammer Energy, Advan S5E NXT, Advan S4Z, Advan i5E, STF AERIAL PLUS, STF JOY PRO, Tesla SP6.2, Cubot Rainbow, EXTREME 7, Haier T51, Cherry Mobile Flare S5, Cherry Mobile Flare J2S, Cherry Mobile Flare P1, NOA H6, Pelitt T1 PLUS, Prestigio Grace M5 LTE, BQ 5510.

Source: https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1140639/Android-WARNING-Google-confirms-phones-malware-installed-June-16/
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
Do I see Tecno on the list too
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by herakles: 5:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
all Chinese made phones! SMH!
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
herakles:
all Chinese made phones! SMH!
What did you expect
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by herakles: 7:55pm On Jun 16, 2019
questechie:
What did you expect

honestly, I have vowed never to use a made in china phone again angry
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by ddjay: 8:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
questechie:
The devices are as follows: Leagoo M5, Leagoo M5 Plus, Leagoo M5 Edge, Leagoo M8, Leagoo M8 Pro, Leagoo Z5C, Leagoo T1 Plus, Leagoo Z3C, Leagoo Z1C, Leagoo M9, ARK Benefit M8, Zopo Speed 7 Plus, UHANS A101, Doogee X5 Max, Doogee X5 Max Pro, Doogee Shoot 1, Doogee Shoot 2, Tecno W2, Homtom HT16, Umi London, Kiano Elegance 5.1, iLife Fivo Lite, Mito A39, Vertex Impress InTouch 4G, Vertex Impress Genius, myPhone Hammer Energy, Advan S5E NXT, Advan S4Z, Advan i5E, STF AERIAL PLUS, STF JOY PRO, Tesla SP6.2, Cubot Rainbow, EXTREME 7, Haier T51, Cherry Mobile Flare S5, Cherry Mobile Flare J2S, Cherry Mobile Flare P1, NOA H6, Pelitt T1 PLUS, Prestigio Grace M5 LTE, BQ 5510.

Source: https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1140639/Android-WARNING-Google-confirms-phones-malware-installed-June-16/
And so many Nigerians will rush these phones
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by Nobody: 1:21am On Jun 17, 2019
ddjay:

And so many Nigerians will rush these phones
Of course, they are always way cheaper as a result of the malware! cheesy
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by Gazzy88(m): 5:18am On Jun 17, 2019
questechie:

Of course, they are always way cheaper as a result of the malware! cheesy
root the phone and remove the malware.
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by respect80(m): 7:54am On Jun 17, 2019
questechie:

Very true.

Someone gifted one of those leagoos to my kid bro who later deceived mum to exchange it with her infinix hot6. Later came back home to find out that the phone installs malware on it own even without internet connection. No matter how many times I uninstall it or try to use anti-virus to block automatic installation, it didn't work. Searched for solution everywhere in the web but couldn't find any.

Later checked settings if there was any software update Over the Air (OTA) found one and downloaded it. After installing it, the problem was fixed.
But it's quite annoying cos the malware pop up any time you connect to internet usually covers the whole screen and takes some seconds before it shows Exit button.
After installing the update, no more annoying pop-up again and I felt really happy

I would rather not have an android phone than to buy or use any of those trash of a phone.
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
respect80:

Very true.

Someone gifted one of those leagoos to my kid bro who later deceived mum to exchange it with her infinix hot6. Later came back home to find out that the phone installs malware on it own even without internet connection. No matter how many times I uninstall it or try to use anti-virus to block automatic installation, it didn't work. Searched for solution everywhere in the web but couldn't find any.

Later checked settings if there was any software update Over the Air (OTA) found one and downloaded it. After installing it, the problem was fixed.
But it's quite annoying cos the malware pop up any time you connect to internet usually covers the whole screen and takes some seconds before it shows Exit button.
After installing the update, no more annoying pop-up again and I felt really happy

I would rather not have an android phone than to buy or use any of those trash of a phone.
Not everyone is a techie, let a lone having the knowhow to carry out an update. Lucky you got rid of it!
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by respect80(m): 7:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
questechie:

Not everyone is a techie, let a lone having the knowhow to carry out an update. Lucky you got rid of it!

Seriously, it feels more boring to use the phone at that point than to stay without a phone.

You really don't need to be a techie to carry out an OTA update on your device. Just be good at following simple instructions and you would be good to go.
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 17, 2019
respect80:

Seriously, it feels more boring to use the phone at that point than to stay without a phone.

You really don't need to be a techie to carry out an OTA update on your device. Just be good at following simple instructions and you would be good to go.
What about the Tecnos that can't do OTA update
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by respect80(m): 7:23am On Jul 17, 2019
questechie:

What about the Tecnos that can't do OTA update

Some tecnos do OTA while some don't.
The thing is that, I have not been a fan of tecno for long so I can't really talk much about their phones. There's a peculiar problem I observed in some of the tecnos I used back then and that is why I stopped buying their phones.
Your battery could be at 84% and just drop to 14% at once. Power it off and on, your battery would go to 91% so I stopped using tecno for quite a long time. Not to talk of their camera sef where their 13mp won't be as good as infinix 8mp
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 17, 2019
respect80:

The thing is that, I have not been a fan of tecno for long so I can't really talk much about their phones. There's a peculiar problem I observed in some of the tecnos I used back then and that is why I stopped buying their phones.
Your battery could be at 84% and just drop to 14% at once. Power it off and on, your battery would go to 91% so I stopped using tecno for quite a long time. Not to talk of their camera sef where their 13mp won't be as good as infinix 8mp
Infinix & Tecno, even iTel are same, same! grin
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by respect80(m): 8:34am On Jul 17, 2019
questechie:

I'm aware but not exactly the same.
Tecno phones usually come with one bug or the other which is less common in infinix
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 20, 2019
respect80:

Tecno phones usually come with one bug or the other which is less common in infinix
Do you mean Tecno is buggy! grin
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by bravesoul247(m): 6:17am On Jul 21, 2019
Not correct. The tecno w2 that works perfectly and normally without any trace of malware?
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by bravesoul247(m): 6:20am On Jul 21, 2019
respect80:

how please?
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by bravesoul247(m): 6:26am On Jul 21, 2019
respect80:

as regards battery, I'm sure there's no device that don't have battery problem. I've used a Samsung note 3 when I had this issue you mentioned about the tecno battery
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by bravesoul247(m): 6:27am On Jul 21, 2019
respect80:

Tecno phones like?
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by Ejadike(m): 6:36am On Jul 21, 2019
questechie:

I doubt that tecno own o but beware of this device called hisense.
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by Ejadike(m): 6:37am On Jul 21, 2019
bravesoul247:
Not correct. The tecno w2 that works perfectly and normally without any trace of malware?
even me, I doubt that tecno own.
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by Ejadike(m): 6:38am On Jul 21, 2019
questechie:

they are not but they are of the same parent company.
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 21, 2019
Ejadike:
even me, I doubt that tecno own.
That phone has sort of malware that pushes ads onto the phone.
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by respect80(m): 8:36am On Jul 21, 2019
bravesoul247:
Tecno phones like?

bravesoul247:
Tecno phones like?

bravesoul247:
as regards battery, I'm sure there's no device that don't have battery problem. I've used a Samsung note 3 when I had this issue you mentioned about the tecno battery

bravesoul247:
how please?

My brother, it is difficult to convince a man to turn his back on the pocket where he feeds.

It is also easier to deceive people than to convince them that they have been deceived.
From your antecedents, even if I turn nairaland upside down trying to convince you that tecno and infinix devices are far below what their counterparts like Samsung, Huawei, xiaomi etc has to offer, you might definitely not agree with me and I know exactly why.

As for me, I have said my own and if you like, you can buy yourself 100 tecno and infinix phones for all I care.
Even if I criticize tecno and infinix, if I ever needed an Android phone and I don't have enough money to afford the phone of my taste, I would still buy either tecno or infinix phone but that doesn't change the fact that they are not as reliable as the likes of Samsung, xiaomi and Huawei.
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by BluntBoy(m): 8:37am On Jul 21, 2019
respect80:

That is calibration error. It can happen to the battery of any android phone.

What you should have done is perform a full discharge and recharge (one charge cycle) to calibrate the battery.
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by respect80(m): 9:15am On Jul 21, 2019
BluntBoy:

That is calibration error. It can happen to the battery of any android phone.

What you should have done is perform a full discharge and recharge (one charge cycle) to calibrate the battery.

Well, thanks for the solution you proffered but if I'm not mistaken, I have used up to 6 different brands of android phones and if you ask me, I will tell you that the problem is more peculiar to tecno devices cause I didn't notice it with the Samsung, infinix, vivo and Lenovo, not even in the leagoo my kid bro is using. It has always been tecno. I remember when I bought tecno phantom Z which was one of the first tecno device to run Android 4.4 kit Kat back then, only for me to still face the same problem I dumped my tecno F7 for. I was like, what! I couldn't believe my eyes because that very phantom Z was the latest, and the tecno device with the best specs as at then.
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by bravesoul247(m): 11:12am On Jul 21, 2019
respect80:

My brother, it is difficult to convince a man to turn his back on the pocket where he feeds.

It is also easier to deceive people than to convince them that they have been deceived.
From your antecedents, even if I turn nairaland upside down trying to convince you that tecno and infinix devices are far below what their counterparts like Samsung, Huawei, xiaomi etc has to offer, you might definitely not agree with me and I know exactly why.

As for me, I have said my own and if you like, you can buy yourself 100 tecno and infinix phones for all I care.
Even if I criticize tecno and infinix, if I ever needed an Android phone and I don't have enough money to afford the phone of my taste, I would still buy either tecno or infinix phone but that doesn't change the fact that they are not as reliable as the likes of Samsung, xiaomi and Huawei.
different strokes for different folks
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by respect80(m): 11:23am On Jul 21, 2019
bravesoul247:
different strokes for different folks
You knew this all along, yet you still mentioned me?

I expect you to preach to me how better tecno and infinix are compared to the likes of Samsung, Huawei and xiaomi. Perhaps, you could convince me to believe you.

Different strokes for different folks indeed!
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2019
Did I hear you say different folks
Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2019
herakles:

honestly, I have vowed never to use a made in china phone again angry

Lol, what is this one saying
Even iPhones are made in China...
Huawei, Google, Xiaomi, Oppo, Oneplus, Phpnes are largely manufactured in China...
Its only the likes of Samsung, Asus, LG that have their production facilities in either Vietnam, South Korea or Taiwan...

1 Like

Re: Warnings! These Android Phones Come with Malware preinstalled by herakles: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Lol, what is this one saying
Even iPhones are made in China...
Huawei, Google, Xiaomi, Oppo, Oneplus, Phpnes are largely manufactured in China...
Its only the likes of Samsung, Asus, LG that have their production facilities in either Vietnam, South Korea or Taiwan...

smiley like I said, I will never use a made in china phone, irrespective of the OEM involved. the device I am using right now, was not made in china

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't Compare Iphone With Any Phone / .. / Why Are The Hands In Nokia Phone White?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.