Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,381 members, 7,904,461 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 01:55 PM

Dating Question - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Question (1627 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Question by henryhemon(m): 10:44am On Oct 04, 2010
What is the definition of dating/relationship to Nigerians.
Re: Dating Question by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 04, 2010
give your own definition 1st
Re: Dating Question by Kelvinj(m): 11:15am On Oct 04, 2010
U first poster(??
Re: Dating Question by henryhemon(m): 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2010
If am going into relationship with any woman am inviting her to share my excitin world not seeing me as her father n thinks d only thing she can offer me is what's between her legs.
Re: Dating Question by 190: 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2010
henryhemon:

If am going into relationship with any woman am inviting her to share my excitin world not seeing me as her father n thinks d only thing she can offer me is what's between her legs.

word, i agree with u grin grin
Re: Dating Question by harde307(m): 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2010
Ask google for the best answer.
Re: Dating Question by Omolola1(f): 6:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
A relationship is what you make it to be
Re: Dating Question by harde307(m): 6:33pm On Oct 05, 2010

i agree, am new here. pls send me ur mail address
Re: Dating Question by Omolola1(f): 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2010
why?
Re: Dating Question by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2010
So you can make him feel welcome grin
Re: Dating Question by Omolola1(f): 6:39pm On Oct 05, 2010
hehehe, which kyn welcome be that?
Re: Dating Question by teeboyseve(m): 11:01pm On Oct 05, 2010
Getting to know each other well. Its doesnt matter how long.
Re: Dating Question by InkedNerd(f): 12:56am On Oct 06, 2010
From what I have noticed, some people on NL don't see dating in the western sense. Some Nigerians think its ok to be with someone and still have s.ex with other people while still being with one person. I've noticed though that no one has referred to it as an open relationship. I'll see people starting topics about being with a girl and having s.ex others on the side but not wanting to consider it cheating since their not married to the person. Personally that is a load of crap to me. For example in the thread where the girl said she found condoms in her boyfriends car, I noticed a lot of guys said that is they guy in question had in deed cheated on her that it was ok because he's "technically" single because he wasn't married to the girl. S**t like that don't fly with me. If I'm in a relationship with someone and it is not an open relationship, whether we're married or not, if the personal steps outside of that relationship then its cheating.
Re: Dating Question by Ladyjide(f): 1:44am On Oct 06, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

From what I have noticed, some people on NL don't see dating in the western sense. Some Nigerians think its ok to be with someone and still have s.ex with other people while still being with one person. I've noticed though that no one has referred to it as an open relationship. I'll see people starting topics about being with a girl and having s.ex others on the side but not wanting to consider it cheating since their not married to the person. Personally that is a load of crap to me. For example in the thread where the girl said she found condoms in her boyfriends car, I noticed a lot of guys said that is they guy in question had in deed cheated on her that it was ok because he's "technically" single because he wasn't married to the girl. S**t like that don't fly with me. If I'm in a relationship with someone and it is not an open relationship, whether we're married or not, if the personal steps outside of that relationship then its cheating.
Real Talk Inked !!! I do not get this if I am not married I am still single thing even if I have a girlfriend!?? What is that !! Now if it was us the women saying such a thing we would be called all kinds of sluts!!!!
Re: Dating Question by InkedNerd(f): 1:52am On Oct 06, 2010
Ladyjide:

Real Talk Inked !!! I do not get this if I am not married I am still  single thing even if I have a girlfriend!?? What is that !!  Now if it was us the women saying such a thing we would be called all kinds of sluts!!!!

It just baffles me, then people wanna get on my case when I say its cheating. With all honesty, how do they expect to find a serious relationship/wife/ husband when they keep using excuses like this to sew their oats. I swear, the more I hear stuff like that the more it makes me think twice about some Nigerian men. I try so hard not to let one man ruin it for the rest of the bunch but its just ridiculous. Freakin' hypocrites, they'll sit around screwing everything that comes their way but when a woman does the same thing then she's pelted with names. Smmfh!!! I know in my heart that there are still good men out there. . . Its just a matter of finding them before the bad ones corrupt them.
Re: Dating Question by Ladyjide(f): 2:02am On Oct 06, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

It just baffles me, then people wanna get on my case when I say its cheating. With all honesty, how do they expect to find a serious relationship/wife/ husband when they keep using excuses like this to sew their oats. I swear, the more I hear stuff like that the more it makes me think twice about some Nigerian men. I try so hard not to let one man ruin it fro the bunch but its just ridiculous. Freakin' hypocrite, they'll sit around screwing everything that comes their way but when a woman does the same thing then she's pelted with names. Smmfh!!! I know in my heart that there are still good men out there. . . Its just a matter of finding them before the bad ones corrupt them.

We are on the same page with this one!! I just had the same argument with two Naija guys earlier today. It really hit a nerve! The sad thing is not any one of them would come out and tell the main "girlfriend"( who is of course being faithful) that they are still screwing other women!! Cowards!!
Re: Dating Question by InkedNerd(f): 2:29am On Oct 06, 2010
Ladyjide:

We are on the same page with this one!! I just had the same argument with two Naija guys earlier today. It really hit a nerve!   The sad thing is not any one of them would come out and tell the main "girlfriend"( who is of course being faithful) that they are still screwing other women!! Cowards!!

Omg, girl don't even get me started tonight. Your bringing out my inner feminist again!!! Its like the whole virgin thing. They expect women to be virgins when they aren't even virgins. I can't help but wonder where or even how some of these men reason.
Re: Dating Question by Tinksh(f): 3:21am On Oct 06, 2010
Love Inked Nerd and Ladyjide comments!!! I 100% agree!!!!!
Re: Dating Question by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 06, 2010
ladies ladies ladies
cheating men in 9ja is as RAMPANT as ladies in happy relationships but with multiple sugar daddies. who are we kidding here?!
Re: Dating Question by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 06, 2010
Omolola1:

OK grin

harde307:

i agree, am new here. pls send me your mail address

grin lwkmd

Omolola1:

why?

lol

rokiatu:

So you can make him feel welcome grin

Choi

Omolola1:

hehehe, which kyn welcome be that?

hehehehehe I can't remember the last time I laugh this hard grin grin grin
Re: Dating Question by Tinksh(f): 7:16am On Oct 06, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

ladies ladies ladies
cheating men in 9ja is as RAMPANT as ladies in happy relationships but with multiple sugar daddies. who are we kidding here?!

Oh come on, let them vent. They are only speaking the truth. Plenty of women bashing here, time for some men bashing, hehehe!!! Honestly the first time i heard anyone say 'they can sleep around on a gf cos they arent married' was on here. I have never heard a guy say that down here. Never heard it, not once til NL. So NL has taught me something, lol!!!!! grin Its an unspoken rule here that if you are in any relationship, sleeping with someone else is not acceptable. Doesnt mean it doesnt happen of course but whoever cheats knows what the deal is when the other finds out.
Re: Dating Question by InkedNerd(f): 7:21am On Oct 06, 2010
Tink_sh:

Oh come on, let them vent. They are only speaking the truth. Plenty of women bashing here, time for some men bashing, hehehe!!! Honestly the first time i heard anyone say 'they can sleep around on a gf cos they arent married' was on here. I have never heard a guy say that down here. Never heard it, not once til NL. So NL has taught me something, lol!!!!! grin

Same here. I've never heard of such a thing. And the thing is no one wants so acknowledge it as an open relationship. If its an open relationship then fine, but a lot of them just sound like their just creepin' around on their girlfriends.
Re: Dating Question by bkbabe97y(m): 8:29am On Oct 06, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

I know in my heart that there are still good men out there. . . Its just a matter of finding them before the bad ones corrupt them.[/font][/size]

You found me, what else are u seeking?

***Smiles and exposes mouth full of 24 carat gold teeth***
Re: Dating Question by InkedNerd(f): 8:36am On Oct 06, 2010
bk.babe97y:

You found me, what else are u seeking?

***Smiles and exposes mouth full of 24 carat gold teeth***

Boy it ain't you. Keep it movin'. Your blockin' the way for my real hubby. And you just turned me off with that gold teeth thing tongue
Re: Dating Question by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 06, 2010
Tink_sh:

Oh come on, let them vent. They are only speaking the truth. Plenty of women bashing here, time for some men bashing, hehehe!!! Honestly the first time i heard anyone say 'they can sleep around on a gf cos they arent married' was on here. I have never heard a guy say that down here. Never heard it, not once til NL. So NL has taught me something, lol!!!!! grin Its an unspoken rule here that if you are in any relationship, sleeping with someone else is not acceptable. Doesnt mean it doesnt happen of course but whoever cheats knows what the deal is when the other finds out.

dont get me wrong, i know that there are a lot of fukced up bush mentality around here (NL) but the sad truth is that men can only act this way because most women out there are willing to go down the same path.

if a woman is willing to throw away her dignity because of a BB or recharge cards then why do you think some "wolves" out there are not going to take advantages of that?

- how do you expect married people to respect one another when they got married for the wrong reasons?
- how do you expect women to respect themselves when MONEY has more value than anything in their lives?

but hey, if this thread is just a "male bashing fest" then go ahead. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . lol!
Re: Dating Question by Tinksh(f): 10:41am On Oct 06, 2010
Hi MRbrownJAY, was just nice to see some man bashing due to the overwhelming women bashing lately, hehe!! But thanks for the approval to go ahead with it, hehehe!! grin grin

But i strongly believe its the individual and not the relationship or partners fault. Those that cheat make a choice to do it. No one has forced them or caused it. No matter how bad things are or reasons to do it, no one has to allow themselves into that pit. Its a personal choice and guys and girls need to take responsibility for their choices. I know guys and girls that have cheated with no reason but that they could and got their ego stroked. Their partners gave them more than they could want. Them they wonder why the begging and tears doesnt stop their partners from walking away. Some cheats have never got over the one they lost, all their own fault. Just my opinion of course, lol!!!
Re: Dating Question by bxcode(m): 10:57am On Oct 06, 2010
I think i somehow agree with Inked_Nerd and Ladyjide but not totally, cheating is rampant among guys, but come to think of it, ladies have a hand in it. They get too carried away with material things.
Re: Dating Question by henryhemon(m): 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2010
@ladies,
yes its d truth dat men do that but its a better truth dat most Nigerian women think the best ting they can do 4 a man is sex which is vry absurd.
I ve frens dat even tink am abnormal 4refusing sex,also they tink d way 2 a man's hart is sex or 2 your pocket.when u help one without sex,they see u as a fool. Am nt makin excuses 4men though but it beats me wen a girl tinks d best n only thing she cn offer u is sex.
Re: Dating Question by Ladyjide(f): 11:44pm On Oct 06, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

dont get me wrong, i know that there are a lot of fukced up bush mentality around here (NL) but the sad truth is that men can only act this way because most women out there are willing to go down the same path.

if a woman is willing to throw away her dignity because of a BB or recharge cards then why do you think some "wolves" out there are not going to take advantages of that?

- how do you expect married people to respect one another when they got married for the wrong reasons?
- how do you expect women to respect themselves when MONEY has more value than anything in their lives?

but hey, if this thread is just a "male bashing fest" then go ahead. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . lol!

In this I guess I can only speak for myself. I was raised to be an independent woman, and work hard for the things I want and not expect anyone to give anything to me. I also understand how there are some girls that were not raised the same, What you saying is true about the BB and recharge cards--- but the problem I have is that when you guys have a woman that does not need any financial support from a man, no to talk of something as basic as BB and -is Ms Independent, educated etc, you guys cant handle it and still cheat, lie etc, or think she is automatically a B*tch!! Some of you guys get off with the fact that a girl relys on you for things! Why??
henryhemon:

@ladies,
yes its d truth dat men do that but its a better truth dat most Nigerian women think the best ting they can do 4 a man is sex which is vry absurd.
I ve frens dat even tink am abnormal 4refusing sex,also they tink d way 2 a man's hart is sex or 2 your pocket.when u help one without sex,they see u as a fool. Am nt makin excuses 4men though but it beats me wen a girl tinks d best n only thing she cn offer u is sex.

True, True!
Re: Dating Question by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 07, 2010
Tink_sh:

Hi MRbrownJAY, was just nice to see some man bashing due to the overwhelming women bashing lately, hehe!! But thanks for the approval to go ahead with it, hehehe!! grin grin

But i strongly believe its the individual and not the relationship or partners fault. Those that cheat make a choice to do it. No one has forced them or caused it. No matter how bad things are or reasons to do it, no one has to allow themselves into that pit. Its a personal choice and guys and girls need to take responsibility for their choices. I know guys and girls that have cheated with no reason but that they could and got their ego stroked. Their partners gave them more than they could want. Them they wonder why the begging and tears doesnt stop their partners from walking away. Some cheats have never got over the one they lost, all their own fault. Just my opinion of course, lol!!!

most of the female bashers are underage insecure kids who come to NL thinking that its a dating site and thus turn on women when  they A) dont get any date from NL or B) get insulted by the feisty women on NL or C) read threads such as 9JA MEN AINT SHIIT or 9JA MEN ARE STINGY. lol

as for the reason for cheating, to a certain degree i understand what you mean but some of these Neanderthal woman who marry freaky men but yet are not ready to do all the freakish stuff that their men require have only themselves to blame, when that said man goes to get his freak on with some hood rat who will gladly take it up the a$$, the ears, the nose and any orifice required.

you gotta know what kind of freak you got before you can dream of taming it!

Ladyjide:

In this I guess I can only speak for myself. I was raised to be an independent woman, and work hard for the things I want and not expect anyone to give anything to me.  I also understand how there are some girls that were not raised the same, What you saying is true about the BB and recharge cards--- but the problem I have is that when you guys have a woman that does not need any financial support from a man, no to talk of something as basic as BB and -is Ms Independent, educated etc, you guys cant handle it and still cheat, lie etc, or think she is automatically a B*tch!!  Some of you guys get off with the fact that a girl relys on you for things! Why??

yes some men are insecure like that so they expect their women to be dependent on THEM. . . . .  subsequently that man will be the "head" of that union and lead which is what most insecure men desire.
here is a clue that i am trying to make you understand: as much as a man WANT TO CHEAT, we can dwell on the reasons for years, if there was no women willing to go down that route then cheating wouldnt exist and that man would simply turn back to his "old" partner and turn her into a new experience.

also, i am not going to say that its the woman's fault but these people are seriously lacking in their union and probably SHOULDNT have gotten married. . . . . . . . . but hey, some are so desperate that they would even marry a donkey if they can get that sought after title: WIFE.

as for independent women, what man in his right mind would turn down a gal that can pay her own share of the meal, holidays etc, lol!
Re: Dating Question by Tinksh(f): 8:23am On Oct 07, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

most of the female bashers are underage insecure kids who come to NL thinking that its a dating site and thus turn on women when they A) dont get any date from NL or B) get insulted by the feisty women on NL or C) read threads such as 9JA MEN AINT SHIIT or 9JA MEN ARE STINGY. lol

as for the reason for cheating, to a certain degree i understand what you mean but some of these Neanderthal woman who marry freaky men but yet are not ready to do all the freakish stuff that their men require have only themselves to blame, when that said man goes to get his freak on with some hood rat who will gladly take it up the a$$, the ears, the nose and any orifice required.

you gotta know what kind of freak you got before you can dream of taming it!

yes some men are insecure like that so they expect their women to be dependent on THEM. . . . . subsequently that man will be the "head" of that union and lead which is what most insecure men desire.
here is a clue that i am trying to make you understand: as much as a man WANT TO CHEAT, we can dwell on the reasons for years, if there was no women willing to go down that route then cheating wouldnt exist and that man would simply turn back to his "old" partner and turn her into a new experience.

also, i am not going to say that its the woman's fault but these people are seriously lacking in their union and probably SHOULDNT have gotten married. . . . . . . . . but hey, some are so desperate that they would even marry a donkey if they can get that sought after title: WIFE.

as for independent women, what man in his right mind would turn down a gal that can pay her own share of the meal, holidays etc, lol!

You make a good point. I understand and agree with what your saying.
Re: Dating Question by henryhemon(m): 10:25am On Oct 07, 2010
Like mr.brownie said it'll take a vry sily man to turn down ms.independent bt i guess there are no ms.independent or they're just 1percent of the total women population.
We need re-branding of Nigerian women cuz they've the most bizare mentality u can tink of just a few are different.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Wont Let Me Rest / Can Money Buy Love? / What And What Are Criteria To Say That A Man Is Se.xy And Handsome.-ladies Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.