Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,539 members, 7,923,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 04:24 PM

Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast (1706 Views)

Senate Presidency: Northern Monarch Lobbies Emirs For Saraki / 2015 POLLS: Ex-militant BOYLOAF And Thug GANI ADAMS Hold Secret Meeting In Lagos / Defection: Tambuwal Lobbies Reps Against Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 04, 2010
LEADERS of ex-militant groups are expected in Abuja Monday for a meeting with the Federal Government, it was learnt.

For the meeting are Chief Government Ekpemupolo (Tompolo), Mr. Victor Ben (Boyloaf), Chief Ateke Tom, Fara Dagogo, John Togo, Gen. Shoot At Sight, Pastor Reuben, Gen Eziekel, Gen. Joshua Miccaival, Bonney Gawei, Gen. Aboy, Gen. Ogunbos and Gen. Africa.

The meeting was for the ex-militants to denounce the bomb blast that rocked Abuja during the 50th Independence Anniversary parade last Friday.

Besides, there will be an appraisal of the Amnesty Proclamation by Government, one year after.

According to the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta and Chief Executive Officer of the Amnesty Programme, Mr. Timi Alaibe, the forum is to "reaffirm the resounding success of the amnesty offer, given the return of peace and security in the once volatile Niger Delta".

Alaibe said in a statement by his Special Adviser, Henry Ugbolue: "To underscore the end of militancy in the Niger Delta and to commemorate one year of Amnesty Proclamation, all the leaders of former militia groups will tomorrow, Monday October 4, converge on Abuja to, among other things, publicly denounce the recent bombings in the nation’s capital and visit the wounded victims of the bomb blasts who are recuperating in hospitals in Abuja.

"The former militia leaders will also visit the site of the dastardly bombings where they will repudiate the action."

According to Alaibe, the leaders of the former militant groups have registered their disgust at the Abuja bombings.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/15138.html
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by jodeci(m): 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2010
Why are u spewing hatred  all over the place.
cant you stick to your plate washing role in IBB!s kitchen?

Get out! Jobless dish washing campaigner.

Take it or leave,IBB will rule Nigeria next in his Grave.
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2010
jodeci:

Why are u spewing hatred all over the place.
cant you stick to your plate washing role in IBB!s kitchen?

Get out! Jobless dish washing campaigner.

ooohh BEN JESSEY the Abuja twin car terrorist.
so you are still moving freely around and spewing crap in NL?
aren't you suppose to report yourself at the SSS headquarters ?
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by labiyemmy(m): 12:54pm On Oct 04, 2010
Lobbies ex militants? Why does he need to lobby them? So they can pay him $500 million Naira from their loot? Abi what
?
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by jodeci(m): 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2010
ferari90:

ooohh BEN JESSEY the Abuja twin car terrorist.
so you are still moving freely around and spewing crap in NL?
aren't you suppose to report yourself at the SSS headquarters ?

There is a pile of dish waiting to be washed in [b]I[/b]ndependents [b]b[/b]omb [b]b[/b]last kitchen.Leave the net alone.IBB will fail woefully.
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2010
jodeci:

There is a pile of dish waiting to be washed in [b]I[/b]ndependents [b]b[/b]omb [b]b[/b]last kitchen.Leave the net alone.IBB will fail woefully.

What an overused and malfunctioning  'Ekwenti' you are
guy, there is no hiding place for you ooo
the fact  that  you never really knew who your true father was does not
give you  the temerity to waste innocent lives.

terrorist 
terrorist
terrorist

GEJ STOOGES= TERRORIST
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Ibime(m): 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2010
These are the people GEJ wants to call MEND. These are bunch of illiterate hired hands (with exception of Boyloaf).

The real MEND has always been Okah, Gbomo - the only ones who have ever articulated a political position for MEND. The ones who refused to drop weapons and the ones that Soyinka, Uranta and the likes have represented.

GEJ cannot come and tell us stories about who is MEND and who is not whilst validating the likes of Ateke and Gen Shoot at Sight to speak for the Niger Delta.
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2010
^^^^

but the 'real mend' retained the services of these 'illiterates' to further their agenda under the aegis of mend, not so?

you cannot suddenly divorce the actions of your 'contract staff' from your organisation when it suits you
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ibime:

These are the people GEJ wants to call MEND. These are bunch of illiterate hired hands (with exception of Boyloaf).

The real MEND has always been Okah, Gbomo - the only ones who have ever articulated a political position for MEND. The ones who refused to drop weapons and the ones that Soyinka, Uranta and the likes have represented.

GEJ cannot come and tell us stories about who is MEND and who is not whilst validating the likes of Ateke and Gen Shoot at Sight to speak for the Niger Delta.

THE MEND THAT WAS DISCUSSED HERE (BELOW)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-305493.0.html#msg4299990
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by jodeci(m): 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ibime:

Thought there are different factions of MEND.

Government will definitely accept the ones with traceable address and roots as the real MEND and not the faceless group.
that was why GEJ defended them,cos in their book,the real MEND are those who accepted amnesty.

Any other group other than those are terrorist group.

Okah on the other side belong to another divide that has constantly been at war with the real MEND ( Govt Version) since after the amnesty.
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Kobojunkie: 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2010
oyb:

^^^^

but the [size=14pt] 'real mend'[/size] retained the services of these 'illiterates' to further their agenda under the aegis of mend, not so?

you cannot suddenly divorce the actions of your 'contract staff' from your organisation when it suits you

Thank you!!! ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Abagworo(m): 2:02pm On Oct 04, 2010
Is it that people are brainwashed or that many nairalanders have been bribed?Every sane man knows that MEND is simply MEND.Ateke et al were criminals that later jumped under the cover of MEND.GEJ is making mistakes lately.He fell out with Henry Okah the real MEND leader and had him exiled in South Africa.
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 04, 2010
will the REAL MEND please stand up cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Ibime(m): 2:10pm On Oct 04, 2010
oyb:

^^^^

but the 'real mend' retained the services of these 'illiterates' to further their agenda under the aegis of mend, not so?

It makes no difference whether contract staff or not. These niggas were on ground causing havoc already till MEND (Okah/Gbomo) focused their activities toward a political movement in 2006. I did not approve of it, but such are the logistics of raising an army and conducting insurrection. I should know having had my village burnt down by Ateke in 2003.

The deeper part of this argument is that GEJ has these election riggers on board for 2011. MEND refused to engage in such shenanigans, and refused to engage in amnesty, staying true to their belief in struggle for resource control. They refused to play ball with GEJ, even denouncing JRC's attack on Dokpesi by stating that MEND is not interested in Nigerian elections, and stays focussed on the fight for resource control.

Now what we have is GEJ validating his "contract staff" as the real MEND. Such illiterates could never articulate what they are fighting for. Every communique issued by MEND till date comes from the nerve centre of Okah/Gbomo. GEJ himself has not made any moves toward constitutional review, fiscal federalism and resource control (with the exception of 10% Petroleum bill initiated by Yar'Adua and signed by GEJ). The only candidate who has articulated such position is IBB. GEJ is simply here to play the hand he was dealt and make the most for himself. This is inimical to MEND and immediately places them in opposition. I would remind all that MEND have always referred to GEJ as "Federal Houseboy" since 2007.

Like I said before, it is either GEJ arrest these so called "political opponents" who sponsored the blast, or we will take this as an overzealous strike by MEND in keeping with their political stance. The only problem MEND have this time is that they are on their own. Niger Deltans will not support this latest action because they are focussed on gaining the Presidency.
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by ayinba1(f): 2:16pm On Oct 04, 2010
UNBELIEVABLE! Meeting with the terrorists?
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Beaf: 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ibime:

It makes no difference whether contract staff or not. These niggas were on ground causing havoc already till MEND (Okah/Gbomo) focused their activities toward a political movement in 2006. I did not approve of it, but such are the logistics of raising an army and conducting insurrection. I should know having had my village burnt down by Ateke in 2003.

The deeper part of this argument is that GEJ has these election riggers on board for 2011. MEND refused to engage in such shenanigans, and refused to engage in amnesty, staying true to their belief in struggle for resource control. They refused to play ball with GEJ, even denouncing JRC's attack on Dokpesi by stating that MEND is not interested in Nigerian elections, and stays focussed on the fight for resource control.

Now what we have is GEJ validating his "contract staff" as the real MEND. Such illiterates could never articulate what they are fighting for. Every communique issued by MEND till date comes from the nerve centre of Okah/Gbomo. GEJ himself has not made any moves toward constitutional review, fiscal federalism and resource control (with the exception of 10% Petroleum bill initiated by Yar'Adua and signed by GEJ). The only candidate who has articulated such position is IBB. GEJ is simply here to play the hand he was dealt and make the most for himself. This is inimical to MEND and immediately places them in opposition. I would remind all that MEND have always referred to GEJ as "Federal Houseboy" since 2007.

Like I said before, it is either GEJ arrest these so called "political opponents" who sponsored the blast, or we will take this as an overzealous strike by MEND in keeping with their political stance. The only problem MEND have this time is that they are on their own. Niger Deltans will not support this latest action because they are focussed on gaining the Presidency.

I don't agree with the above about Okah being Jomo Gbomo, because even at the time he was imprisoned, the press still recieved communiques from Jomo Gbomo.
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ibime:

you realise that even if mends demands are met these contract staff will continue blowing pipelines, kidnapping, bunkering and everything else?

the 'real mend' has entered a dangerous marriage of convenience and i for one cannot see it ending well.

this is the same way the us engage the services of the mujaheddin in Afghanistan - people with a wholly different ideology, to be their proxies in the war with the ussr.

ditto for saddam

the only thing keeping all these parties in check is the allowances for doing nothing, and the money from bunkering

give the nd autonomy, and they automatically become freeloading saboteurs

and the fight for oil blocks etc will start
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Ibime(m): 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2010
@ Beaf, I never claimed Okah is Gbomo. Gbomo and Okah never deviate from the same position though.

@ Oyb,

You worry about the fallout of revolutions. MEND did not create the beast. It only tamed the beast and gave it political direction.

Secondly, there is no armed guerilla movement which would go and start raising army of consientious men. Such are logistics of war. They would not come to your house and recruit you for your beliefs. When you enter war situation, you might piss in your pant. Even when OPC were fighting for June 12, they go and hire the most rugged area boys to cause havoc, not men with lily livers.
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ibime:

@ Beaf, I never claimed Okah is Gbomo. Gbomo and Okah never deviate from the same position though.

@ Oyb,

You worry about the fallout of revolutions. MEND did not create the beast. It only tamed the beast and gave it political direction.

Secondly, there is no armed guerilla movement which would go and start raising army of consientious men. Such are logistics of war. They would not come to your house and recruit you for your beliefs. When you enter war situation, you might piss in your pant. Even when OPC were fighting for June 12, they go and hire the most rugged area boys to cause havoc, not men with lily livers.

sierra leone
congo
liberia

thats the fallout of revolutions. what was achieved in any of these instances?

fortunately, we have all seen the results of bloody revolutions live on cnn, and do not have to make do with any romantic revisionist history

and most yorubas do not identify with OPC whic if my memory servees me correctly did not even exist during june 12

it was the 'lily livered' people who went on strike grounding the country that really fought for nigeria, not riotes who were in it for what they could get out of it. we see all the 'rugged area boys' during labour strikes running around despoiling/robbing unwary passersby/commuters.

it was the 'lily livered' civil rights marchers who secured the rights of the black man, not the black panthers who devolved into gangs and drug dealing, or the nation of Islam, who killed their most charismatic member

war is basically theft , despoil and murder, and all the more so when it is fought not for convictions, but for personal gain.

also, you are sorely deluded if you think mend has 'tamed' anything. is bunkering still not going on as we speak? are former commanders not popping each other? what of the bombings in bayelsa?
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by labiyemmy(m): 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2010
ayinba1:

UNBELIEVABLE! Meeting with the terrorists?

Funny.
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Ibime(m): 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2010
@ Oyb,

You would not know whether peeps have been tamed or not unless you were on ground.

When guys go from attacking their own people and burning villages to attacking Fed Govt installations, by every definition, they have been tamed. When Ijaw and Itsekiri warlords go from tribal warfare to focusing their energies on Govt installations, they have been tamed. In 2003, I could not go home to my village else I would be killed just for being from that village. You take guys away from local politics, tribal warfare and election rigging and focus them on National issue, they stop posing less threat to their immediate kinsmen.

As for strikes and whatnot, Yorubas did well in June 12. They control the media and financial services/civil sector and could bring the country to a standstill.

SaroWiwa had organised 300000 man march and brought international attention to our cause. This was followed by bombings of Ogoni villages and all sort. Granted, if we had good organisers like Saro, there would be street movement in furtherance of our cause. This is what MEND tried to achieve by coopting likes of Ledum Mitee and Soyinka to bring that people and political movement to bear. However, we have learnt from bitter history that the main way to get Nigeria to listen is to stop the flow of our lands blood (oil). Make no mistake, measures like 10% Petroleum bill and local content bill are the result of MENDS handiwork. Yara chose to give such carrots whilst buying out MENDS "contract staff" with amnesty, but there is still long way to go.
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2010
roflmao!!!! :d ;d ;d :d
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ibime:

@ Oyb,

You would not know whether peeps have been tamed or not unless you were on ground.

When guys go from attacking their own people and burning villages to attacking Fed Govt installations, by every definition, they have been tamed. When Ijaw and Itsekiri warlords go from tribal warfare to focusing their energies on Govt installations, they have been tamed. In 2003, I could not go home to my village else I would be killed just for being from that village. You take guys away from local politics, tribal warfare and election rigging and focus them on National issue, they stop posing less threat to their immediate kinsmen.

As for strikes and whatnot, Yorubas did well in June 12. They control the media and financial services/civil sector and could bring the country to a standstill.

SaroWiwa had organised 300000 man march and brought international attention to our cause. This was followed by bombings of Ogoni villages and all sort. Granted, if we had good organisers like Saro, there would be street movement in furtherance of our cause. This is what MEND tried to achieve by coopting likes of Ledum Mitee and Soyinka to bring that people and political movement to bear. However, we have learnt from bitter history that the main way to get Nigeria to listen is to stop the flow of our lands blood (oil). Make no mistake, measures like 10% Petroleum bill and local content bill are the result of MENDS handiwork. Yara chose to give such carrots whilst buying out MENDS "contract staff" with amnesty, but there is still long way to go.

there you have it - so once the nd gets 100% autonomy, they go back to fighting each other

and fighting for control of the resources

the common enemy

the us and russia united to fight the germans, did they not?

and what happened next?
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by labiyemmy(m): 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2010
Wasted energy-

Whats wrong with Nigerians?

I suppose this period is for working? Wasted energy - wasted aggression.

I recently begin to liken discourse on Nairaland - or even Nairaland as a whole - to a village Palmwine joint where drunken people come to talk about what they know nothing about, shout on themselves, drink more palmwine and when they are drunk, keeps quiet, and each one heads back home - nothing changed, nobody heard them, nobody notice them.
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by chyz(m): 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2010
It still baffles me how the so-called ex-militant leaders are allowed to walk the streets freely after admitting involvement in attacks that took the lives of many. They are even allowed into Aso Rock.
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Ibime(m): 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2010
This old cobwebbed spinster of roflmao fame better sod off. I thought I had understanding with this expired menopausal binsh to ignore each other.

@ Oyb,

They are fighting each other anyway so what would have changed?
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ibime:

This old cobwebbed spinster of roflmao fame better sod off. I thought I had understanding with this expired menopausal binsh to ignore each other.

@ Oyb,

They are fighting each other anyway so what would have changed?

you guys have your work cut out for you
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ibime:

Grow up Old man . . . suddenly I am old cobwebbed and what not, and a SPINSTER at that? [size=13pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size]   grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

Again, GET A CLUE on what the real state of living is for your people; spare us from all the ramblings of a senile old man . . .  WAKE UP!!! You are NO VICTIMS in all this . . . the only change that can come to for the millions of Nigerians living in miserable conditions, the majority of whom are not from the ND areas, is the change the PEOPLE OF NIGERIA demand, allow and fight for. That is what Democracy insists upon. 

Trying over and over to insult my person, only in the end insulting your own self since you are unwilling to deal with and accept what is in front of you, will not make that facts of this disappear .
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Ibime(m): 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2010
We would cross that bridge when we get there.

These so called thugs now work for Nigeria so the same can be said of Nigeria. They will soon be put to work at election time. Nigeria will also have to deal with their problem someday. It seems they are so much in demand for their "skills".
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by Ibime(m): 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2010
Could someone tell the ROFLMAO binsh to stop preaching to the choir?

I have asked her politely to ignore me several times, but it seems she prefers to get dissed first.

It is a shame that her barrenness never allowed her to produce a daughter cos I can vouch that I would be young enough to service any daughter she produced. This is someone who was campaigning for Shagari well before I was born, so I assume she was of mating age back then.
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by naso2(m): 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2010
@Ibime

I have read your posts on this thread, and find them very encouraging. My concern however stems from your body language which seem to suggest that MEND actually carried out this attack. correct me if I am wrong.
Re: Jonathan Lobbies Ex Militant To Denounce Abuja Bomb Blast by marvix(m): 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2010
I would like to start my comment with a quote from Goodluck E Jonathan.

"Nigerians may recall that it was not our military might that brought peace to the Niger Delta rather it was the sober nationalistic and communal approach of dialogue as driven by our late leader President Umaru Musa Yar'adua that worked to bring peace to the region."

If we all recall that obj sent a whole battalion of soldiers that sacked villages looking for militants yet after 2yrs people had to move around PH with their hands in the air and soldiers everywhere.

Yaradua within 90days got a good number of the militants out, kidnapping has moved from d south south to the south east and we walk freely in PH even foreigners move relatively freely in PH these days even if not like how it has been in the past.

The masterminds behind the bomb blast want a reaction from the president and are ready to highlight his over reaction in the press and I have said before that right now the most important thing to Jonathan should be how he returns as president in 2011, and Nigerians we are at the edge of a new dawn dont let us be carried away to think that we have gotten to the promised land where we can just sack the president that is interested in working, we cant handover to a Ribadu now because the establishment can not accomodate him, but Jonathan is the establishment right now.

If we follow this administration closely you would observe that their main aim has been to institutionalise institutions and remove personalities from it, that explains Yaraduas respect for the rule of law, his setting up of the Uwais commission and taking the report to the Council of state and forwarding to national assembly, the budget issues he always had with the NASS,, his neutrality in party matters like when a new party chairman was to be elected, his neutrality to other arms of govt as exemplified in his role in the Etteh saga and the witheld Lagos funds, these institutionalising of institutions is more important than fighting corruption itself, buiding roads or schools, fixing electricity because once institutions are institutionalised all other aspect of national life would start to fall in place, when you know that you can take the govt to court and win a case fairly and govt would obey the courts without "studying" the courts declaration then you would not be frustrated to contemplate blowing up oil installations.

Finally we must not give in to those whose philosophy is that if they cant get what they want from the nation then the nation may as well collapse.

In as much as a man may want to inherit his fathers wealth it is still forbidden for him to pray for his fathers death!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Us Senate Money Laundering Investigations: Jennifer Atiku Plans To Flee Dubai / Atiku's Speech To Pdp Delegates. / Hundreds Of Pictures Of Nigeria In The 1950s And 60s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.