Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,660 members, 7,911,768 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 03:34 PM

Would You Marry A Househelp? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry A Househelp? (3777 Views)

Poll: Would You Marry A Househelp?

Yes/Maybe: 75% (52 votes)
Never!: 24% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

As A Husband,will You Allow Your Wife To Bring This Girl Iin As A Househelp?(pic / I Am Attracted To My Househelp / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by GNature(m): 10:04pm On May 08, 2007
We all know that a 'househelp' is human and as such should not be exempt from being married to.

But let's be frank with ourselves people, we don't live in a classless society ! If you live in the U.S. and you get married to someone whose earnings are substantially lower than yours, you risk losing a lot in the event that your marriage folds up.

Judges in the U.S. would ask you to spilt your assets in half and give it to your soon to be ex. Alternatively, you can be forced to pay a good chunk of your yearly salary as alimony.

I recall O.J. simpson was paying his ex-wife $10,000 a month as part of their divorce settlement (I am not saying I condone him killing her oo)

So @ topic, if you are talking about here in the U.S., then no, I cannot marry a househelp because of the financial ramifications on my end.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Ribaman(m): 11:10pm On May 08, 2007
Has any of those condemning, or turning up their noses at, the prospect of a relative of theirs marrying househelp bothered to learn or find out how Tiger Wood met his wife?
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by nazzyon(m): 11:15pm On May 08, 2007
Househelps are human's. So I see no reason why it ain't right to marry them be it a male or female?

They grow up as every other human's grow, though they may lack the money you have but it is already in the sayings that "All fingers are not equal". That is why they come to you to serve as a helper in other to earn and to survive.

This is love we are talking about, it is better if the guy go ahead and marry the lady.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by IBDat(m): 11:32pm On May 08, 2007
Personally if she truly has all those qualities that you described and i fell in love with her i WOULD marry her, irrelevant of my parent's wishes - what are they going to do, Disown me?

But if we are talking in the typical sense of house-help that i grew up with in Nigeria (illiterate from the village - mind u nice body) i would still do what i did - chop n clean mouth!
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by monshege: 11:52pm On May 08, 2007
if she becomes a doctor or lawyer or engineer or has a major career. will that still affect the parent's decision? or does the stigma of being a househelp continue? it's left for your friend to decide if he is old enough to be a man or if he is still gonna play to the tunes of his parents. househelp or no househelp, despite the barriers we enact as human beings or even nigerians, she is still a human being and could be the only one who can tolerate your friend as opposed to a "non house help" or any other person his parents may bring
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Nobody: 12:39am On May 09, 2007
GNature has a good point.
But i presume this lady is marrying her out of a pure heart and not because of his money. If that is the case then by all means, i would marry her if i were in his shoes. You never know where love can come from.
If you truly love her then your prayer would be for a long lasting relationship.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by okoobo(m): 12:44am On May 09, 2007
why not? some of us are just posing - bet if you ask them - they have slept with one or two in their life time.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Seun(m): 1:57am On May 09, 2007
In reply to the above statement (1) I and others have never slept with one (2) Sex and marriage are so different!
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Tornadoz(m): 2:01am On May 09, 2007
@Seun
In reply to the above statement (1) I and others have never slept with one (2) Sex and marriage are so different!
IBDat chopped it, me self chop am, many people won't agree but they are substitute, for when your wife tire.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Seun(m): 2:11am On May 09, 2007
Feel free to 'chop' your househelp, but make sure your wife knows about it. And make sure it's 100% consensual.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by IBDat(m): 2:20am On May 09, 2007
Tornadoz:

@SeunIBDat chopped it, me self chop am, many people won't agree but they are substitute, for when your wife tire.

True dat! Even women know this (even partake) as well hence why they are so rigid in the selection of the right  wink person.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by sartorius(m): 5:16am On May 09, 2007
e go hard, but maybe if the heart says so,
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Emad(f): 8:40am On May 09, 2007
welll well welll come to think of it, hummmmm grin grin grin
well YESS maybe if he looks like brad pitt cool cool
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by afolayangs(m): 8:47am On May 09, 2007
Take one between marrying an househelp or a sex worker?
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by omokenny(m): 10:28am On May 09, 2007
Well so far so good. What I have in mind and try to say is that has much the guy love the lady, there is nothing bad in getting married to house help. Parent has just little role to play in this issue because this girl is the one you are going to leave the rest of your life with. So as much the man love the girl and the lady so positive reaction they can go ahead and get hook.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by joobreel(m): 10:43am On May 09, 2007
@topic. there so many things that you have talked about. brainy, beauty and the likes. let your friend ask his parents reasons for their disapproval. if its just about class, then they are not just online. a househelp today can become a lawyer. i bet they would prefer her if their son had brought in a well known sex worker.
abeg, my sincere advice, if these guys are truly in love and the man really knows the girl 'intoto'. let her go for her. all the best. abeg invite me for the wedding kiss kiss
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by GeminiII(m): 11:11am On May 09, 2007
there is nothing wrong with marrying a househelp, only that these days guyz prefer to marry someone that would not be a liability in future. so as you make preparations to marry her also make plans to send her to school or empower her so she wont be so much of a burden. because future no dey house girl ooh. nd dont mind ur parents some would even tell you, u cant marry from a particular tribe.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by adejumobi(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2007
if i truely love her i will marry her, no matter who is against it. i dont care.
househelps are human being and would never remain househelp forever, considering the fact that they gone thru a lot make them even more better than these sisi eko as wife material. kiss
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by IBBFan(m): 11:16am On May 09, 2007
who is a househelp? a dog? a plant? an object? rubbish!! yet another home video tale called a thread!
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Beline(f): 12:38pm On May 09, 2007
Take the girl out from where she is working now, since you said she is brainy send her to school I bet you in the next few years your parents will welcome her
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by tasiana(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2007
One of the biggest problem in the world today is Prejudice,
sad
If only we'd see other pple just as we see ourselves, A househelp is 1st a human being b4 she is to be seen as a househelp.(Househelp is a job) angry

"Your task is not to seek for love, But merely to seek and find All the barriers within yourself That you have built against it'' wink
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Rhea(f): 1:11pm On May 09, 2007
Come to think of it, every other girl must have been a housegirl at some point in her life.

When you visit your elder sister, or aunty/uncle/relatives as the case may be and help out with house chores, cooking, taking out the trash, cleaning, laundry etc, you are invariably performing the duties of a househelp, be it on a temporary basis and in tight fitting jeans and spaghetti strap top.

So, I would not give second thoughts to marrying a decent well-behaved and brainy househelp.

After all, decency, good behaviour and brains are a combination of attributes that are fast becoming extinct in the average Nigerian ajebota/wife material.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by cgift(m): 2:05pm On May 09, 2007
Beline:

Take the girl out from where she is working now, since you said she is brainy send her to school I bet you in the next few years your parents will welcome her

That's the home truth, i hav met with the girl and know that she can be anthing a man invests in her to be. Going against the parents' wish might definatly be a last resort. The majority inhouse seem to be game but i can understand the feelings of th ones that hav outrightly said NO.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by zeebayj(f): 2:16pm On May 09, 2007
you can be one, any day, its the matter of getting the clean cash! its not comparable with stealing whether thieft, robbry or white collar of a thing.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by bdaf(m): 2:54pm On May 09, 2007
if n only if the person in question is educated, good lookin, god fearin, can be able to do the thing v/well.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by cgift(m): 3:09pm On May 09, 2007
bdaf:

, can be able to do the thing v/well.

what do u mean by this young man?
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by VIC4U: 3:44pm On May 09, 2007
There is nothing bad in marrying a housegirl but u have to put somethings into consideration;

i, Did u kn her very well? did u kn her family background? some househelp are from a very good family, some are responsible why some are not.

ii, Somepeople do pretend a lot, pls try and kn her life, if everything is okay then, try and convince ur parents and if possible involve ur matured Uncles and aunties to help u see reasons why u want her.If they base on class I believe u can convince them. If u cannot convince them, then nothing for u because the bible made us to understand that our parents are the God we see on Earth.

Finally, if u are marrying her because she can do the thing v/well as some people said, that means u are lost. in that case listen to ur parents .be guaided
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Rukkyj(f): 4:23pm On May 09, 2007
Househelp or no househelp,@ least she is not a theif nor a LovePeddler,so wot is d big deal?
if they love themselves they should forge ahead.Candid opinion anyway.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by bcareful: 6:10pm On May 09, 2007
of course, why not marrying a househelp,? is she not a human being? If am satisfied with her and she realy love(s) me, i will marry her and forget about househelp or no househelp. for my family case, i dont see any thing bad since they are not the one to choose for me, is my life i can do whatever i like wit it. and she too must be a respectul person so that they(my family) would quickly 4get abt househelp. i dont bother abt what friend(s) or anybody say's

thanx grin cheesy shocked kiss
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by cgift(m): 9:35pm On May 09, 2007
@bcareful,

you b hard man o. respect!
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by cgift(m): 9:37pm On May 09, 2007
With over 30% of respondents saying neveer (they will never marry a houshelp) it dos not give a clearcut buy-in. I had expectd to see a landslide victory for my friend. Somthing like 90:10 (Yes:No).
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Seun(m): 12:28am On May 10, 2007
If your friend is so concerned about what people think, then he won't make a good husband.
In that case, the "house help" in question should dump him. She deserves more respect than this!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Hit My Girl Friends Best Friend The Girl Dey Drive Me Kolo / . / Burning Question! What Nicknames/pet Names Do Guys Like To Be Called?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.