Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,423 members, 7,920,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 10:09 AM

The Furniture Of The Future Is Here - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Furniture Of The Future Is Here (654 Views)

Elevated Elegance: The Furniture Flying Through Interiors Trend / You Can Get The Furniture Of Your Dreams / Please Help Me, The Future Is Bleak And Uncertain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Furniture Of The Future Is Here by mediaprizm: 11:57am On Jun 19, 2019
Pretty much everyone in the US and the UK would have watched films like Transformers, Minority Report and Back to the Future, so it is no surprise that there is an ever-increasing demand for technology to advance to a stage in which the gadgets we see on the big screen can be real in our own homes. So we haven't yet progressed to having robotic slaves to do the washing up, but there have been significant advances in the development of furniture interactive.

The production of the interactive bar is an ideal piece of party trick furniture for those who regularly entertain and have large budgets to accompany it, as this kind of furniture costs into the 10s of thousands of dollars. But for this price they are crammed full of technology. They have sensors and cameras inside of them, so it is as if they 'know' when an object is placed onto it and lights up a ring around the item. The interactive bar can also have special items placed onto the table, and if programmed to do so can make the entire surface of the table react. For instance, if you put a toy car on the table, an image of a sports car will cover the top of the bar. Pretty surreal right? But this is one of the more basic types of interactive furniture being produced.

On the theme of interactive drink-holding surfaces, touch screen tables are another relatively new item of furniture. These tables can display pictures which the user can enlarge, rotate and move about the table at the touch of your fingers. This is not all it can do however; it can also play videos, view documents, and enables the user to play interactive games on its surface. The user can even charge their mobile phones and upload documents directly from the phone to the table. With furniture like this, showing people your holiday pictures or pitching presentations to your boss has never been easier or more entertaining!

Interactive dining tables and stools have also been produced in Japan. They are weight sensitive, so the heavier the person sitting on the stool, the darker the seat color becomes. The color intensity of the furniture can also change in time with the sitter's breathing.Computers inside table controls both the table and stools, and can change the color-scheme of the furniture depending on what colored objects are placed on the table, just like a chameleon.

Fair enough, so not everyone can afford to spend thousands of dollars on furniture, but now that the technology is out there, it will develop further, and the prices will come down. Think of the video camera or the television, when they first appeared on the market they were reserved for media corporations and the rich, but over the years they are now in pretty much every home due to them being mass-produced on an enormous scale. Just think, in 20 years time you may be reading an article like this on your table top!

Re: The Furniture Of The Future Is Here by Jmk9292(m): 12:34pm On Jun 19, 2019
Science and technology conquers the world
Re: The Furniture Of The Future Is Here by JavieCoentr: 10:30am On Jul 08, 2020
montana1965:
wow, the table looks awesome! I do not have such furniture at home, but I realized that the future is already in my apartment, when my husband and I bought an adjustable bed with a massage function haha cheesy We have the Layla Adjustable Base Plus.We discovered about this bed from https://bedroom.solutions/. This frame has head and foot dual-zone Massage with 3 different intensities and it's pretty cool! There are 4 USB ports so I can not be afraid that my phone or laptop will discarged and what’s important, it’s easy to assemble and it does not take up much space.
It sounds good, I was looking for something like this for a while, Thank you for sharing.

(1) (Reply)

Business Ideas / I Didn't Inherit Any Money From My Father, I Built My Empire - Dangote / Akwa Ibom Government Launch Smes Online Directory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.