Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,583 members, 7,978,936 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:10 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (81240 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by MyPeace(f): 9:19am On Nov 09, 2007
BTW, if I am the architect of my life who is the builder??
[quote][/quote]

God is the Builder.  You first decide/design the direction of ur life, then God lead the way, on the otherside, if u decide/design a wrong direction, DEVIL leads the way.  So up to you!! cheesy grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 10:16am On Nov 09, 2007
RoughCut:

Can you believe this Soludo guy? i have just read a report where he was quoted as saying that CBN will not allow any more foreign take-over of domestic banks and that there would a cap on the equity stakes by foreign investors in nigerian banks.

My question is how are the banks supposed to compete on the global stage if willing investors are limited in what they can invest in these banks ? the truth of the matter is there is a limit to which these banks can continue to raise funds from the local capital market (no wonder Zenith has approached the market 3 times in the last 4 years)

Foreign take-over, yes may be that needs to be disallowed at least for now but putting a cap on the amount of capital offshore investors can invest is non-starter for me.

I hope this guy has not overstayed his welcome!!
na wa o

That na old news! Foreign investors will not be allowed to take over our 'BIG' banks. However they can come and establish there own BIG bank in Nigeria. Equity is not the only way of raising capital. You can use debt to also raise capital.

Soludo will put a cap so as to prevent a take over. If they need money, banks can use debt to raise the needed capital.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 10:18am On Nov 09, 2007
MyPeace:

BTW, if I am the architect of my life who is the builder??

God is the Builder. You first decide/design the direction of your life, then God lead the way, on the otherside, if u decide/design a wrong direction, DEVIL leads the way. So up to you!! cheesy grin

Make we take this discussion go somehwere else!

If I have to decide then I am on the wrong path. There is a way that seemeth right to a man but the end thereof is, I am the builder. That's why I need to be careful what kind of material I use to build.

Hope we will not be banned!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 10:31am On Nov 09, 2007
wanaj0:

That na old news! Foreign investors will not be allowed to take over our 'BIG' banks. However they can come and establish there own BIG bank in Nigeria. Equity is not the only way of raising capital. You can use debt to also raise capital.

Soludo will put a cap so as to prevent a take over. If they need money, banks can use debt to raise the needed capital.

Soludo is not being realistic between you and me we know that more than 90% of the debt instruments these 'BIG' banks have so far used in raising capital are from offshore sources. Give me one 'BIG' bank(may be excluding First bank and UBN) that does not have a substantial amount of debt stock on their balance sheet and the funny thing most of the debt and debenture stocks are convertible instruments which means at maturity the holders of these instruments can elect to convert to preference or ordinary shares

So who is Soludo fooling?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by walcolm(m): 11:06am On Nov 09, 2007
RoughCut:

Soludo is not being realistic between you and me we know that more than 90% of the debt instruments these 'BIG' banks have so far used in raising capital are from offshore sources. Give me one 'BIG' bank(may be excluding First bank and UBN) that does not have a substantial amount of debt stock on their balance sheet and the funny thing most of the debt and debenture stocks are convertible instruments which means at maturity the holders of these instruments can elect to convert to preference or ordinary shares

agree with your observation, but you need to factor sovereignty into the equation. yes there are convertible debt instruments but there is a govt directive that will prevent these foreign investor from converting all their instruments into equity if it will give them controlling stake in the biggest banks. the main thrust of the directive is to prevent foreigners from taking over the management of the biggest banks. \

case in point, once IBTC gets into that league, Standard bank will have to give up some %age holding by either selling some of their 51% or diluting by PO

i think that will be good for nigeria in the long run. it helps to keep the bulk of the profit in the nigerian economy
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by wanaj0: 11:48am On Nov 09, 2007
RoughCut:

CBN will not give any of the BIG bank the approval to raise convertible debt that will make them target of a takeover!!!!! It is not a matter of Soludo fooling anyone. His point is simple, let them come and establish in Nigeria. They can come and establish the BIGGEST bank here and compete. But to just come and acquire one of our own BIG banks, that's what he said CBN will not allow.

Hope you know that your Access, FCMB and co are not aprt of the BIG banks tongue
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2007
wanaj0:

CBN will not give any of the BIG bank the approval to raise convertible debt that will make them target of a takeover!!!!! It is not a matter of Soludo fooling anyone. His point is simple, let them come and establish in Nigeria. They can come and establish the BIGGEST bank here and compete. But to just come and acquire one of our own BIG banks, that's what he said CBN will not allow.

Hope you know that your Access, FCMB and co are not aprt of the BIG banks tongue

I was actually tempted to add FCMB to my portfolio but the report i read a few days ago regarding the business transaction with CSL did not do it for me i think i will let that one pass

We all know which ones are the  'BIG'(BIG in the naija context) banks in nigeria i think i have been around nuff times to realise ACCESS is not yet ready to play in the premier league as long as its making money for me  i no go complain!

So anything you fit do to push the share price past the N20 mark will be very much appreciated cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 5:24pm On Nov 10, 2007
hello people .
Gurus, et al, I HAIL
i'm wondering why people like DINLOP so much all of a sudden, am i missing out on something?

Does anyone have any news apart from the new factory they've built to share?

any results and analysis?

waiting with baited breath

by the wY IN CASE ANYONE IS INTERESTED, AIM ALL GUNS AT CRUSADER, ITS AN INTERESTING ONE, i own 40000 and plan to but more at the N4.01 price. Fundamentals are holding up
As for WEMA, it now constitutes 20% of the value of my portfolio, so as u can imagine i'm ecststic
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by nazzyon(m): 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2007
Hello,

Please, I need to clear something off my mind.

I bought a Bedrock Fund @ IPO. I don't have account with cashcraft. Is it necessary that I get a CSCS account?

Thanks.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by tonyjon(m): 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2007
nazzyon:

Hello,

I bought a Bedrock Fund @ IPO. I don't have account with cashcraft. Is it necessary that I get a CSCS account?

Thanks.

According to the prospectus, you don't need CSCS # and the fund will not be listed on the floor of NSE.

Cashcraft is the fund manager.

Peace.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by rasputinn(m): 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2007
nazzyon:

Hello,

Thanks.

Bedrock what??
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by tonyjon(m): 8:30pm On Nov 10, 2007
tonyjon:

According to the prospectus, you don't need CSCS # and the fund will not be listed on the floor of NSE.

Cashcraft is the fund manager.

Peace.
rasputinn:

Bedrock what??

Resputinn, is there anything wrong with Bedrock fund? . Although I did not buy the fund, I think it's a good fund.

Peace.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by nazzyon(m): 8:40pm On Nov 10, 2007
Thanks for the reply.

I intend to keep it for @least 5 or 7 years if possible.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 8:49pm On Nov 10, 2007
@tonyjon

why do u think bedrock is a good fund?

i hope u don't mind my asking
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by atilla(m): 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2007
@nazzyon

You dont need a CSCS no. I think you will get a printed certificate/recept/ sheet

Do you have a copy of the prospectus it should be in there.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by tufe(m): 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2007
Hello every one,
Just want to know, are investors given share certificates for investing in mutual funds, and are it's shares easily disposable as other stocks.
I intend on buying this ARM aggressive mutual fund. One more thing, would it be quoted on the NSE?
waiting a reply. Thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by stanchuks(m): 7:33pm On Nov 11, 2007
tufe:

Hello every one,
Just want to know, are investors given share certificates for investing in mutual funds, and are it's shares easily disposable as other stocks.
I intend on buying this ARM aggressive mutual fund. One more thing, would it be quoted on the NSE?
waiting a reply. Thanks

they have started posting, i got mine on Wednesday last week,although i bought it through my broker, so just be patient
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by tufe(m): 7:46pm On Nov 11, 2007
stanchuks:

they have started posting, i got mine on Wednesday last week,although i bought it through my broker, so just be patient

Stanchuks, thanks for your reply, but it doesnt exactly give me insight into what i wanted to know. Please elaborate on my question. Thanks alot, anticipating your reply
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by stanchuks(m): 7:50pm On Nov 11, 2007
tufe:

Stanchuks, thanks for your reply, but it doesnt exactly give me insight into what i wanted to know. Please elaborate on my question. Thanks alot, anticipating your reply

sorry for that, the reply was meant someone else on the sister trend, sorry once again
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by tonyjon(m): 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2007
aktopgun:

@tonyjon

why do u think bedrock is a good fund?

i hope u don't mind my asking

Thank you for asking. If you read their (Cashcraft) prospectus carefully, you will realise that the fund will be invested in coys that are doing very well on the floor of the NSE and apart from this, the percentages set for the first three years by the fund manager are achievable. There are other points which I cannot remember now, I read their prospectus about a month ago.

Peace.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by nazzyon(m): 9:06pm On Nov 11, 2007
tufe:

Hello every one,
waiting a reply. Thanks

No it won't be quoted
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by tj4ever(m): 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2007
Hi guys. Anyone with any info on Wema bank? the stock been traded massively the past few days. Whats on? Are they planning a PO. If so when are they likely to be suspended?

Answers welcome urgently.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 10:14pm On Nov 11, 2007
rumors are rife about a P.O coming soon but no certainties.
they released interesting results recently
the fear is that they are pushing up their share price so as to offer the p.o at a high enough price
no idea when the T.S will begin but guesses for last week have so far been proven false
they will probably wait till fcmb, zenith finish their P.Os
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by rasputinn(m): 11:30am On Nov 12, 2007
Does anybody have any stats on Bagco bag?please share
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by tufe(m): 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2007
hey nazzyon, thanks for
nazzyon:

No it won't be quoted
y
hey nazzyon, thanks for your reply, but i would like to know, how then am i supposed to dispose of the shares when i want to?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2007
hey fellas, anyone watching WEMA?
i can't stop smiling really
Nig stock market never ceases to amaze me
here is a company that only a few days aago released results for the first time in 2-3yrs and its just stepping higher and higher
wonder when this suspect ipo is coming out sef

na wa 0!! undecided
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2007
Sorry to burst your bubble but have you seen the 1Q results for Cutix? They are down 33.6% from N42M last year to N28.2M this year so you might want to think about that before diving in!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 2:52pm On Nov 12, 2007
@ roughcut
yeah i saw their results and they were disappointing
i'm not buying them yet but theyt are one to watch
they've been good the last 5yrs or and can be forgiven for a bad quarter.
the worry is if the trend continues into full year results

my bubble remains intact or have i misunderstood, were u talking about wema?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2007
aktopgun:

@ roughcut
yeah i saw their results and they were disappointing
i'm not buying them yet but theyt are one to watch
they've been good the last 5yrs or and can be forgiven for a bad quarter.
the worry is if the trend continues into full year results

my bubble remains intact or have i misunderstood, were u talking about wema?
There's no bursting WEMA bubble i meant Cutix!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2007
by the way, looking at DUNLOP over the last 9 months following bull run (post tech suspension for offer in oct 2006)

its been in free fall mode since the high in feb 07

where there's smoke there's fire?

is there any news out there to suggest otherwise, anyone?

pls enlighten a brother
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2007
right on roughcut

viv la wema!!

only bother is when will it all cease!

any ideas
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2007
I think  the fascination with WEMA will end when they do their PO and  hopefully the max 5% post TS rally for a few days or weeks and the price can settle down somewhere respectable then  we can start looking in other directions

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply)

MBA Forex (please I Need Better Explanation) / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank / MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.