Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,613 members, 7,885,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:23 AM

What Really Happened To Visafone, Multilinks, Starcom, And Ntel? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Really Happened To Visafone, Multilinks, Starcom, And Ntel? (541 Views)

How Long Does It Take Ntel To Activate New Line?? / Have You Heard About Ntel WAWU SIM? Activate To Get Free 10GB + 500% Data Bonus / What Is Wrong With Ntel? (super Slow From 9am To 1am) #ntel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Really Happened To Visafone, Multilinks, Starcom, And Ntel? by youngsahito(m): 9:28am On Jun 24, 2019
Actually, I was just wondering in my mind that what could have caused the downfall of all these Telecom company and why they just went down the drain like that?
Re: What Really Happened To Visafone, Multilinks, Starcom, And Ntel? by meobizy(f): 10:21am On Jun 24, 2019
I am only familiar with Starcomms and Ntel.
It was poor planning.

The Starcomms example happened to a lot of their predecessors: they create the network, it’s fast as Bleep, they sign up people who enjoy the service for six straight months.
As time goes they start adding more customers than necessary to the overburdened network, they make a lot of profit and eventually the network crashes and the company packs up shop — making tenfold their original capital.

The ordeal over the years gifted me tens of useless modems from different ISPs.
I now stick to MTN alone to avoid a repeat of such.

As for Ntel add an ‘i’ to make N[i]tel.
Are things clearer now?

I remember using Visafone back in the day so I believe they followed the same route.
Their 4G service was really fast, though.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

NEW (SEALED) Lenovo Thinkpad P40 Yoga (2 In 1 Convertible) / Top 6 Tech Business Ideas In 2021 / How Do I Access My 2year Warranty On Infinix TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.