Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,448 members, 7,894,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 05:29 PM

Gov Akeredolu: Making Education Accessible, Attractive And Affordable In Ondo - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gov Akeredolu: Making Education Accessible, Attractive And Affordable In Ondo (225 Views)

I Remain Committed To Making Education Accessible To Our People In Ijebuland - A / See How An Edutainment Company Is Making Education Accessible For Our Children. / 3 Things To Know Before Making Education Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov Akeredolu: Making Education Accessible, Attractive And Affordable In Ondo by ayfay047(f): 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2019
Two years ago, before the inception of the Akeredolu led administration; any honest indigene of the state must be disturbed by the crises bewildered the educational state in the state.

While we must commend the previous administration in the state for its adoption of the mega schools in the state, and its efforts to give the educational layout of the state a huge facelift. It must be emphasized that the state needed more than gigantic edifice, which did not fit into the state is traditional educational philosophy, one, which is built on making, learning attractive, and affordable.

Taking a bold step of swaying away from the mega school project in the state because it failed to attract enrolment of pupils into primary schools while most parents chose to take their wards to private schools.

According to him, the aim of establishing the schools was defeated while the facilities are wasting away. ‘On education, for years my predecessor did not believe in the type of primary schools that we have, that SUBEB or UBEC at the federal level would support. Everybody has his or her own style.

‘He felt ‘why don’t I spend money to build mega schools?’ In addition, that was good for him. However, for me, it is not something I am going to embark on because I am learning from his experience. I could see practically what mega school had suffered. The issue of attendance is very poor and some of the facilities are wasting away.

Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has within the space of two years created an impeccable mark on the educational fabrics of the good people of Ondo State.

Since his inauguration as Governor of Ondo state, the governor has stayed true to his promise of making basic education easily accessible, attractive and affordable to the good people of Ondo state, bridging the gap between the rich and the poor in terms of qualitative learning at the basic level.

About 700 public primary schools in Ondo State have been renovated, while another 314 projects would be awarded very soon in various primary schools, including agricultural materials, sporting equipment and 77 containerized toilets.
Not resting on these achievements, the Ondo State government has paid N3.7 billion as counterpart funding for basic education, which was matched by the Federal Government through the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) to revamp the primary education sector.

Boosting teachers’ morale, the state government recently rolled out promotion letters to 1,800 primary school teachers in the state. They were promoted after a rigorous screening exercise carried out by SUBEB.

While only the government and parents cannot manage the issues of sponsoring education, as it also requires assistance of Institutions, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Philanthropists. Huge accolades must be given to the Akeredolu led administration for putting in place a conducive system that encourages learning, by making qualitative education accessible, affordable as well as attractive in Ondo state.

SOURCE: https://citadelng.com/governor-akeredolu-making-education-accessible-attractive-and-affordable-in-ondo-state/

(1) (Reply)

Studying Chinese -help! / Short POST UME Passing Tips / UNILORIN Faculty Of Law Interview Exercise 2019/2020 For Postgraduate Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.